New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: LitD [IC]

1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: LitD [IC]

You can both try what you want on either chest. I just need to know which of you is trying what on which chest. You can discuss it IC or OOC it's up to you.

Fethen - I need a percentile roll and a dex check from you for the first chest and also for you to tell me which chest you are working on.

Thoric - I need to know whether you are trying to use strength to breack the lock with one mighty swing, or if you are trying to just bash the crap out of the chest with repeated blows.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric

Seeins as no one objected to his breaking the chest, He will swing break the pad-lock on the wooden chest. He takes a swing at it with his axe.

Spoiler
    Show

And if I need to hit and damage rolls
    Hit - (1d20+10)[17]
    DMG - (1d10+3)[11]
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

you don't need to roll your tohit. It's a chest. Just give me say... 40 damage rolls.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Ok then Thoric goes to work on the Lock

Spoiler
    Show

DMG - (40d10+120)[382]
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

i need individual rolls. use /rollv or post them all seperately.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

6. - Top - End - #246
    Bugbear in the Playground

(1d100)[71]
    Dex Check (1d20+2)[5]

Juck pick a chest.

Fethen

Fethen Squats down and after proppong the lock up so as to no damage the check holds his hand above the lock and closes his eyes. The acrid stench of acid eating metal begins to fill the air. Greenish liquid begins to spray the lock from Fethen's out stretched hand. He watches carefully adjusting aim if any begins to get onto the chest. Slowly but surely the lock is eaten away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damage Rolls
    (3d6)[13]
    (3d6)[7]
    (3d6)[9]
    (3d6)[10]
    (3d6)[7]
    (3d6)[10]
    (3d6)[18]
    (3d6)[13]
    (3d6)[10]
    (3d6)[9]
    (3d6)[16]
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

The lock pops off from Fethen's applications of acid and very little actually splatters him but it was inevitable using the spell at such close range while holding the lock in his hand to steady it. (15 dmg) Some of those burn marks will make for some serious scars but it should all be worth it once the chest is open.

With a soft creeking and a moan as the lid is carefully pried open on old hinges. The contents of the small chest are piled high within the walls of the chest. Coins sparkle in the light cast by the torch held suspended in midair by an unseen servant as Fethen tries to figure how many coins a chest of this size might contain. (8000) is the best approximation he can come up with. All the coins seem to be the same size and material. Gold has never looked so bright or so heavy as you all stand reguarding the small chest full of it.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric

Having not gotten anywhere with the lock Thoric Looks at Fethen and says You seem to have more success than I have had, maybe you should have a go at this one too.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

Fethen

Fethen looks at his burned hands, wincing he pulls out a rag and cleans them. Looking up at the otheres he says Lesson learned, 'Do not hold the lock'.

He takes a moment and takes the everburning torch from the unseen servant and instructs it to hold the lock up. As it cannot be targeted by direct damage it should be unharmed but his application of acid. HE then begins to apply acid to the next lock. In between acid shots he says Someone please pack away this gold. My haversack should be able to hold some of it, but there may not be much room left in there.

(ooc- do you need damage rolls?)

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

We can assume the second chest opens after some acid treatment, with less damage to Fethen this time. Should i also asume the chests are being rumaged through and list everything to save my time and waste yours?
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

11. - Top - End - #251

Yes please

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Markus

Markus looks over his shoulder. Gold?

He looks at the chest that has been opened.

Well, I could think of something to do with that, he says, looking at the others without leaving his post at the entrance of the room. That is, if we ever get out of here.

I have a haversack as well. I can stow some of it away if you want.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

Thoric and Fethen please make spot checks.

What you find...
    Spoiler
    Show

Wooden Chest contents
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the second chest you find a large amount of silver pieces. It seems to be more than any treasury or bank would hold. For an approximate number of coins it will take about 5 minutes to count or figure the amount based on the size of the chest and coins. (45000sp)

Crate #1
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first crate you open seems to cointain clothing and other discarded peices of adventuring gear. Of particular interest hidden among the clothes and mostly rags are two very fine matching cloth vestments made with gold-spun thread, and gold trim. Also hidden in the bottom corner of the crate is a small pouch with a few precious gems in them.
    (1 amethyst, 1 coral, 1 zircon, and 1 chalcedony.)

Crate #2
    Spoiler
    Show
    A well worn crate with snubbed corners breaks easily as though it had seen rough passage into this chamber. Inside it you find; a travellers outfit folded neatly, inside of which is wrapped a marble bas-relief of two dwarven wrestlers etched into the stone. Also stored with the travellers outfit are a sturdy pair of boots and a hardened leather case.

Leather case
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inside the leather case which is brittle and cracks rendering it useless even as you open it are two single vials. One of the vials has a pink rose colour to it, and smells of peaches. The second vial has a darker shade of pink, smelling slightly of vanilla.

Boots
    Spoiler
    Show
    The boots themselves are caked in mud and seem to have been stored without the thought of long-term storage or maintainence as dirty and worn as they are. Closer inspection reveals small detailed work in the leather just above where the sole of the boots are, small clouds rising from the soles of the boots near the heel and arch puff towards the laces. Even caked in mud the boots are definately of fine craftsmanship and look sturdy and comfortable despite being well-worn.

Crate #3
    Spoiler
    Show
    This larger, or taller crate leans against the wall propped in place by some of the other crates in front of it. Once you remove the cover of the crate you can see a tower shield lovingly placed inside with straw and shreds of cloth stuffed around it to protect it from being damaged. The tower shield stands about 5 feet and on it's front are two very muscular dwarves wrestling. The etching and artistry of the dwarves makes them appear lifelike as they are almost life-sized as they battle eachother in what must be a common dwarven motif.

Crate #4
    Spoiler
    Show
    The smaller but heavier crate on the floor in front of the large shield-crate is piled full of what appear to be stones and pouches containing stones. Varrying in colour from mundane brown to the violent reds, and garish yellow and purple striped velvet, the bags also range widely in size as do the stones they contain. Some of the stones have etchings marked on their surface but closer study will be needed to see if the stones are of any value. There are approximately 40 small bars, pouches, and belt holsters in all to examine.

Crate #5
    Spoiler
    Show
    This square crate is unremarkable and sits in a corner almost by itself. Inside the crate seems to be a jumble of all types of refuse. Ranging in size and oddity from mundane to disgusting the crate holds all types of oddities such as; a piece of what appears to be an antler, a section of a fishing rod (minus the reel and line), a horn of ivory, a silver chalice with lapis inlay, a charred and rusted iron poker, a piece of dowel with a tastle at it's end (from a curtain draw or someplace similar), a violin bow, a large metal stirring spoon, a childs book made from rags (complete with pictures about a boy named chad. 'what chad had' is displayed in faded once bright rainbow letters on it's cover.), a blonde wig in a small box also containing some makup, a shattered vanity mirror, a small Y-shaped branch with yarn looped around it's end in imitation of a slingshot, and a bag of marbles.

Crate #6
    Spoiler
    Show
    This second to last crate is smaller than the others in height and is very well padded as you open it. There are several layers of cloth and padding that contain nothing. It isn't until you finish digging deeper into the crate that you can see several tubes that dissapear into still more padding. Inside the tubes are several interesting crystals, and one tube even contains a very rough and tattered looking scroll. The tubes themselves slide out very easily and appear to protect the items inside very well. Large stoppers at the top pin the items inside so that they cannot move around if the tubes were to be bounced or shaken.

Tube 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inside the first tube is a coll silver tinted crystal, that eminates feelings of peace and safety when held.

Tube 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inside the second tube is a large green crystal with a large crack down it's entire length. It's multi-faceted surface glows dimly with light, that eminates from it's centre where an incandescent greenish liquid seems to be encased within the crystal itself.

Tube 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    This tube is wider than the others and contains a white crystal that gleams and sparkles in the light as it is removed from the protective pading that had shielded it from the light.

Tube 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    This tube contains a small scrap of what appears to be parchment rolled up inside it. Small splotches that appear to be red ink criss-cross and dot the parchment.

Tube 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    This tube has a crystal streaked with all the hues of the rainbow and many more as they shimmer and dance accross the surface of this crystal.

Tube 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last tube holds a coin-sized crystal sphere that is inscribed with arcane sigils representing, earth, air, wind, fire, magic, death, and beauty. If shaken it rattles like soft thunder.

Crate #7
    Spoiler
    Show
    The last crate in the room has 3 small belt pouches inside it. Each pouch contains a potion with a small scrap of rolled parchment tied and tucked into the small latch of the belt pouch.

pouch 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first potion is cased in a square bottle with a symbol of a man's upper torso flexing muscles in a front double bicep pose. The scroll with this pouch is marked with a large dark-letter "D".

pouch 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    The second potion is cased in a rounded vial with a picture of a owl etched into the glass vial. The scroll tied to the pouch is marked with an "A".

pouch 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    The third potion is cased in a clear glass bottle and contains a pink rose liquid which smells of peaches. The scoll tucked into the pouch is marked with the letters "A&D".

Those are the contents of all the crates and chests. Please divide the items as you see fit. If there are any dissagreements or questions as to what you want, etc. etc. we can resolve any disputes with roll-offs, highest poll picking first from all the items and then continuing with the next highest picking etc.

Thank you, come again! (indian accent applied)
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-05-22 at 03:10 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric

Looking a the various items, Thoric says I can use the shield but not sure what else I can use out of the items that were found.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

would you like a list?

(detect magic) if anyone feels like doing so.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you finish the spell with the items piled in front of their crates you can see slight auras of magic eminating from the small piles. After dividing the items into two seperate piles of magical and non-magical. This is what you would have.

No magical auras
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marble wrestling dwarves, the dwarven tower shield, Amethyst, coral, zircon, chalcedony, the 2 matching cloth vestments, silver chalis with lapis inlay, the crate full of stones, antler, fishing rod, ivory horn, iron poker, tassled dowel, violin bow, Y-shaped branch, bag of marbles, childs book 'What Chad had', the blonde wig and makeup kit, and the scroll in crate #6 with the crystals.

Magical auras
    Spoiler
    Show
    The 5 potions, 4 scrolls, mirror, spoon, boots, and the 5 crystals.

DISCLAIMER
    Also note that i am not using the magic/psionics transperancy rules as im sure you all figured out earlier from the spells and circumstances that brought you here. Some of the items might be psionic and undiscernable as valuable.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

16. - Top - End - #256

Fethen

Fethen casts detect magic and sets aside all items that are magical.

Spoiler
    Show

Spellcraft to possibly identify something (1d20+11)[14]
    Spot (1d20+1)[13]

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oh forgot to do this.

Spoiler
    Show

spot - (1d20+1)[9]
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

spellcraft doesnt work that way, i don't think... I would need seperate rolls for the items in question. With that roll you would fail in identifying any magical effects except for those of very low level. However if i allowed that single roll to count against every item you would be unable to check the others for a full day using spellcraft. I'm not sure what you are trying to do so some direction would be appreciated.

IF you are simply trying to identify the auras of the magic items i would need you to seperate the items and try to determine their auras seperately, otherwise it's all too confusing for both Fethen (overlapping auras and such) as well as myself logisticly.

Both of you fail to see anything with the spot checks. This doesn't really matter anymore though.

Please decide what you want to do with the items you have found, and what you want to do next.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Markus

Markus leaves his position by the door to look over the loot.

Rhoxius, he asks as he lifts and looks into one of the crystals, do you recognize any of this stuff?

Markus pays special attention to the items that do not have magical auras, and separates the following: gold-spun vestments and precious stones in crate #1, the boots in crate #2, the silver chalice with lapis inlay, ivory horn, wig and makeup kit, and bag of marbles in crate #5, and the scroll in crate #6 tube #4.

I am interested in these items, so if nobody else wants them, I'll take them. Markus declares. In addition, I can hold on to what part of the gold and silver fits in my haversack for the group.

Next he regards the stones in Crate #4 with suspicion and curiosity.

I would like to inspect these more closely, but I think lugging all these stones around is unwise, considering the situation, he says with a frustrated look on his face. Might I suggest we come back and pick these up after we're done dealing with the kobold threat?

Markus drags the crate with the stones over to where his little pile of chosen items is, and will spend whatever time is left inspecting the stones in it while the others finish their business in the room.

((OoC: I am open to negotiate if anyone else wants one of the items I picked, just let me know. BTW, where is everyone and why has posting become so damn slow in this thread? ))

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

The boots you requested to look at are in fact magical. I'm not sure if this was an oversight on your part or intended. Please juse post to clarify.

The rest of you can work out who gets what items. I will step in if it becomes necessary for mediation although i think it wont be.

The stones
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stones themselves seem to have markings and different symbols traced into their surfaces. Some have been etched with acid or tools while others have gone through some processes that are unfamiliar to you. The stones all seem to have little value except for one that stands out from the others as specifically unique. It seems to have several small delicate etchings marked into it's surface. You can recognize the markings as psionics and that they relate to certain psionic powers (only if these powers appear on your power list. requires a DC:19 psicraft check.)The stone glows dimly as you reach out to inspect it more closely.
    Mindwipe, Energy retort, and Psionic blast.

The scroll
    Spoiler
    Show
    The material the scroll is scribed upon is not parchment but something else. (heal cheack, dungeoneering, or another skill might identify the material.) The scroll itself has many intricate patterns that form a large star of some sort. The lines intersect and cross at different intervals The entire drawing is about 18 inches in diameter.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

((I picked out the boots intentionally... I realize they are magical. Misa wants them anyways. ))

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I'll take the tower shield for now, I think we should wait to identify the rest
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Pixie in the Playground

Rhoxius

After taking a brief glance at all items he steps over to the crystals Fethen said were magical. I've seen these before. I know that these two, indicating the white and rainbow ones, are used for armour and the rest are for weapons. The soldiers of rank used to have them. I'd like to take the green one if no one has any objections but hopefully someone can identify it for me so I know what good it's doing. He takes the green crystal if nobody objects to attach to his longspear. Seeing the child's book in the corner, he walks over and casually picks it up. You guys can take whatever you think might be useful and then let's get going. Seeing as how all this stuff here seems to have been taken from my town and my people I believe that makes it mine, but take what you need and be careful with the rest. He thumbs through the dusty pages of the child's book and then closes it and places it neatly back into the crate.

It is time to stop the goblin king. Hurry, we can get what's left later.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric

Grabbing the tower shield, Thoric says Well, once Fethern and Markus finish putting stuff in their Haversacks, we can head out. With that he helpd divide the stuff between to better fit into each haversack.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric

Hefting the shield into place, Thoric says Alright lets head out. and proceeds down the corridor.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric

Hefting the shield into place, Thoric says Alright lets head out. and proceeds down the corridor.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show