New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: LitD [IC]

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: LitD [IC]

Fethen

Fethen gasps for breath and curls into a tight ball for a moment as racking coughs over take him. He sits shivering for minute waving off any help. After a moment he stands and rubbing his own belt he heals him self.

Spoiler
    Show

Using charge for the belt
    Charge 1 (2d8)[5]

Strightening his clothes he lets out a small ouch
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Where... what...?

The man awoken by Fethen's hand blinks and looks around. His hair is fiery red, his eyes bright green, and his expression hardened as if made of chiseled stone. Seeing all of you, he whirls around reaching for something in his belt and crouches down slightly in readiness, both hands at the handle of his crossbow. You all can see the rich embroidered markings on the sleeves of a tunic underneath a dirty white cloak.

Wide-eyed and startled, the newcomer's attention shifts rapidly, taking in the cave chamber, the statues, then darting back to each of you.

All right, he says as he straightens up and lets one hand relax to his side, Where am I and who are you?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Me Name be Thoric, as for where we are that might take a little longer to figure out. Seems we have all be brought here for some reason. Fethen (nods in Fethen's direction) here might be best able to ans any of your other questions about this place.

Thoric grumbles, Once your caught up I think it might be prudent to set out and figure out what we can find out about this place.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Speaking in perfect Dwarven, the stranger replies,

Well met, then, master dwarf, thank you. My name is Markus Marabigul, adept of the Mind he says.

Looking at Fethen, Markus takes a bow and speaks in Common again. Your name is Fethen, then? I am Markus Marabigul. If you have any knowledge as to how I might have wound up here, I'll be grateful if you'd share it.

Markus looks around at the statues. What are these... he begins, intrigued, ...people?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It seems as though they are people you came from a statue just like it, as did I, and I would assume all of these fine people."

"I am Glade and this is Celebgul," Glade points to his wolf companion, "welcome but I do think that we should set off soon and find out more about this place than good Fethen can tell us."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other avatars by Vael

6. - Top - End - #36

Fethen

Rubbing his belt one more time Fethen looks strengthened
    [spoler](2d8)[12][/spoiler]
    He looks at the new comer and says The long and short of the situation is this; We are all trapped here like these pour souls Fethen indicates the statues We now must find our way free of this place and try to stop whatever is causing more people to become trapped. You had just appeared here and I freed you by nearly sacrificing my life force to break the chain of necromatic magic that kept you petrified. While a noble pursuit, I do not suggest it to anyone. It feels as if you are being frozen and having your souls sucked out through your fingertips. Fethen takes a deep breath and picks up his pack and readies his crossbow. Lets be off then. If everyone is ready? With out waiting for much of a reply Fethen sets off.

-OOC Heading the opposite direction the previous group did.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

As you walk deeper into the ominous shadows that surround your group newly formed out of necessity and a like-minded desire to return home you quickly come upon a wall. The wall approximately 100 ft from where you found each other stretches south and bends back to the east as well. It climbs higher than your light can reach with a slight tapper that does suggest that there is a ceiling high above your heads. The slight tremors continue and soon fade into background noise as your boddies become accostomed to the slight tremors that pass through your feet as a mere annoyance.

The vastness of the chamber seems diminished by the discovery of two bounding walls to the north and south. However you can surmise that it is an illusion and a hope that it does not stretch endlessly into the dark inky void that surrounds you and your allies.

Taking a moment to quietly survey the area around you in the feeble light provided by Fethen's torch you are unsure of which way to proceed. Further south? or along the wall as the others had done before? If only there was some way to illuminate more of the darkness that hampered movement and senses so completely...

MAP
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I would suggest continuing in the direction we are going," Glade squints in the direction trying to see if he can make anything more out, "maybe if we add a little more light to the situation."

Glade raises his staff in the air and whispers "Galad." The staff lights up and is as bright as a torch.

"Maybe this can Help"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other avatars by Vael

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

The area directly around Glade fills with light but does nothing to light the area already illuminated by fethens magical torch.

The ground seems even enough and the wall fades into the darkness to the left of you.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, thank you for saving me, Fethen, says Markus with a wry smile as his interloper turns away. I suppose we travel together in order to solve this mystery. I still didn't get all of your names, though.

There's... so many of them, mutters Markus as the party sets out. ...and you say you don't know what is causing this?

Markus looks at everything with the determined look of someone who has been underground before.

11. - Top - End - #41

Fethen

Fethen waves off Markus' thanks When your time comes I hope you do the same. Let keep moving.

When the group comes to the corner, Fethen looks around and says to them I want to continue, sout, but I think we should connect this wall with the areas I previously have explored. Just to ensure that we have not missed anything. Fethen will stear the group over to the east if possible to make sure the whole area to the east is explored and mapped before moving on.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greyen View Post
    Fethen

Fethen waves off Markus' thanks When your time comes I hope you do the same. Let keep moving.

When the group comes to the corner, Fethen looks around and says to them I want to continue, sout, but I think we should connect this wall with the areas I previously have explored. Just to ensure that we have not missed anything. Fethen will stear the group over to the east if possible to make sure the whole area to the east is explored and mapped before moving on.
    East-North or East-South? It doesn't matter to me but it might matter to you
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric shrugs, Aye, I believe we should follow this wall to the east and south. And starts heading in that direction but stays 10 feet from the wall.

As he is walking he says over his shoulder, Fethen, what kind of creatures have you ran into sofay?
    Last edited by Thalmor; 2008-02-04 at 11:09 AM.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Fethen

So far all that we have run into was a phantom fungus. Mordun tried to reason with it but I think it became territorial and attacked us again. There is a fungus patch to the north.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A patch of fungi, maybe if we come across more I may be able to have some affect on them. Nature is a wondrous thing. It is so unnatural here I am somewhat displaced."

Glade seeming a bit depressed from his voice slows down some and gets to the rear of the group spreading out the light some.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other avatars by Vael

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I was just going to comment on that... I have traveled a fair bit underground, and this seems to be pretty deep. what do you think, master Thoric?

Looking around, Markus tries to make out the details of the cave they are in , as well as any remarkable features thereof.

Spoiler
    Show

just rolling spot for whatever I may notice... spot - (1d20+5)[25]

and dungeoneering for anything that I might recognize or notice strange about the cavern knowledge - (1d20+6)[25]

Last edited by cintain; 2008-02-04 at 04:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

As the groups presses on the wall to your left slowly slopes further east until finally Thoric signals for everyone to stop with an upraised hand. Up ahead of him you can barely make out an opening in the face of the wall you have been following. It is hard to tell whether it is a small pocket in the wall itself or the wall changing direction. Either way the dwarf's actions show that he believes it would be best to be cautious for now.

Map!

(I would have had this up hours ago but i have been having problems with my map editing software. I apologize if this delay has caused some confusion.
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-02-04 at 05:41 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

18. - Top - End - #48

Fethen

Fethen carefully lowers his crossbow and makes a note in his notebook. Then after stashing the notebook casts Unseen Servant, handing the torch to the invisible force. He directs it to move out a ways in front of the opening illuminating the area without endangering the rest of the group.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric wispers to Fethen, Are ye, sure it wisest to send the torch ahead like that, I could have just went up and peeked in the room.

Then he turns to face the area where the unseen servent is.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

You see a medium sized chamber with a small pool of water on the far side of the opening. The pool is less than 2 feet across but at least the water seems clean. There dont seem to be any tracks leading to or from the water as it continually drips from the ceiling. That could also be due to the stone floor not showing any tracks as well.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

21. - Top - End - #51

Fethen

Fethen steps into the small chamber checking ist out thoroughly before annotating anything in his notebook. When he is finished he motions to the rest that he is done.

Spoiler
    Show
    search (1d20+8)[10]Edit - Look Water!
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-02-05 at 04:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

After Fethen, completes his investigation, Thoric nod, and continues along the wall in the same general direction as before, motioning for the others to follow.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Markus

Markus moves into the chamber after Fethen. He inspects the chamber, paying special attention to the pool, and then turning towards the roof to the source of the drip

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+5)[20]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Glade enters the chamber is interested very much in the pool and thinks to himself that the water seems peaceful. Seeing Thoric's motions he decidesa to follow in the direction the group was heading.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other avatars by Vael

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Markus

Markus leans forward, crouching at the edge of the pool, and dips his hand in. He pulls out a small crystal from the bottom, straightens up, and inspects it closely.

I think there might be more to this place than initially meets the eye, he says with a grin. What do you make of this, friends? He holds out the crystal in his hand for the others to see, but doesn't let anyone just take it.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the others have left the room, Markus simply mutters to himself and follows, pocketing the crystal. If anything else happens, well...

26. - Top - End - #56

Fethen

Fethen glances over at Markus Good eye sir. May I examine it for a moment? Fethen looks at the crystal, examining it for any tell tale marks, or anything that might be magical before passing it back to Markus.

Spoiler
    Show

K:Aracna (1d20+18)[33]
    K:Planes (1d20+9)[25]
    K:religion (1d20+9)[13]
    Spellcraft (1d20+11)[21] +/-2 depending on school if magical
    Appraise (1d20+4)[17]
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-02-06 at 03:45 PM. Reason: scripting issues

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hearing Markus Glade turns around and goes over to him.

What is it you have found out? Glade looks at th crystal in Markus' hand. Did you pull that from the pool?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other avatars by Vael

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Markus

Indeed,Markus answers to Glade before passing the crystal to Fethen. what do you make of it, Fethen?

Spoiler
    Show

Rolls to see what we learn from this thing, I should've put them in the last post....

[roll=Knowledge(arcana)]1d20+6[/roll]
    [roll=Knowledge(psionics)]1d20+7[/roll]
    Psicraft - (1d20+8)[11]

* post roll count doesn't match database

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by cintain View Post
    Markus

Indeed,Markus answers to Glade before passing the crystal to Fethen. what do you make of it, Fethen?

Spoiler
    Show

Rolls to see what we learn from this thing, I should've put them in the last post....
    Let's try that again...

K:arcana - (1d20+6)[17]
    K:psionics - (1d20+7)[14]
    Last edited by cintain; 2008-02-06 at 04:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thoric looks at the gem and says, Nice find! If everyone is ready lets continue and see if we can find our way out of this place.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show