New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Battletech (IC)

1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Battletech (IC)

Harlon

As the crew spilled into the mess hall they were greeted by a few thankful salutes and guestures from the gathering of ex-slaves, now ready to take revenge on the pirate forces.

Harlon quickly grabbed himself a coffee without really checking what was in it. He had a quick look around the hall, approaching the various tank crewman reminding them they only had a few minutes before they were out on patrol. Between that point and now, the technicians were furiously at work, trying to repair what they could but only really succeeding in reparing minor armour damage (OOC: that means the damge from last mission carries over!)

Spoiler
    Show

Whenever people are ready they can post themselves getting ready for the next mission or socialsing with the time they have.
    Many thanks to Z-axis for the great avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Saldre View Post
    you know whats worse than a regular Daemon-host? A Daemon-host with a Plasma Cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic
    "Eh. I do to 'Mechs what Simon does to American Idol contestants."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Sgt. Feldbaum

Sgt. Feldbaum heads over to the repair bay where his Pegasus is frantically being attended by techs,
    "So, I'm gonna have to go out there again before they can get my ride fully patched up? What's command thinking? Can I speed things up on getting the armor back on if I take a welding torch? Or would it be more harm than good? I'd really appreciate that, even if it's a recon mission."

Sgt. Feldbaum paces nervously near his ride, seeing if there is anything that he can do to help the techs put it back together...Going out on patrol without proper armor is something I remember all too well... Late time I was on duty, I recall nearly getting shot up by some punk in an H-WAG one time that I tried it... At least I have a real vehicle and not a wheeled coffin, though...
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

PFC Antonio Llanos

He stares at Zeissa eyes. My God her eyes are stunning

"Ah yes, I was piloting the Scimitar, it was pretty intense the last mission wasn't it?"

He starts to focus back into the conversation

"Ah how can I forget what would you like me to get for you to drink?"

Antonio stands up preparing to get their drinks
    Last edited by Luchito; 2008-04-18 at 09:37 AM.
    ŁäŦįŇǒ ĦЭД†

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Lieutenant Justin Grassi

Justin acknowledges Antonio's nod with one of his own as he passes. He gets his food and, not up for conversation, finds an empty table. He is not really hungry either, so he ends mostly pushing the food around his plate for a while before dumping it in the garbage.

He then makes his way from the Mess to the vehicle bay to check on how the work to his tank is coming along. "HEY CHARLIE!" he calls out over the din, "When you go to reload her, make 'em all Infernos, willya?" Then, as an afterthought, he adds, "Good work." On his way out, he nods and says "Hi" to Sargeant Feldbaum.

He heads back to the mess to grab himself a large cup of coffee in time to meet up with the Major and his warning.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by Luchito View Post
    PFC Antonio Llanos

He stares at Zeissa eyes. My God her eyes are stunning

"Ah yes, I was piloting the Scimitar, it was pretty intense the last mission wasn't it?"

He starts to focus back into the conversation

"Ah how can I forget what would you like me to get for you to drink?"

Antonio stands up preparing to get their drinks
    "It was lovely. I wish it would not have been so hurried.."
    Curious at his momentarily receptor-widening direct eyecontact Zeissa flushes a bit and absentmindedly tries to notice the mix of his irises.

"Red tea please." she notes as he stands up and waits happily for him to fetch their drinks.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

PFC Antonio Llanos

"Ah nice choice, I'll be back soon"

As he walks of to get the drinks he feels a wave of sleepiness hit him. I better order something strong too keep me awake. Antonio walks of to the cafeteria and orders a Red tea and a black coffee. He walks back to the table that Zeissa is sitting at and hands her the Red tea.

"Here you go Zeissa, by the way why did you not want the mission to end so quick?"

As he sits down into his chair staring at her eyes once again.
    Last edited by Luchito; 2008-04-19 at 12:09 PM.
    ŁäŦįŇǒ ĦЭД†

7. - Top - End - #187

Zeissa mumbles out a first word, staring into her tea. "So.. so we could get loot."
    "More that is."
    Zeissa looks back at his eyes, looking over his form and tags for a moment, curious about him and why she is getting so much attention. (apparently) An attentive nice fellow.
    "Mmmmm... but it is good Kolt decided not to. Lean, weak Valk did not take any damage. Is yours fine?"

...<conversational pause>...

"From where did you originate?"

"Where do you think Harlon will take us for vacation?" she asks politely, with a blank, dreaming look of high content. Her arms are leaning outwards and her head slightly forward above the table. She reaches forward to grip one or two of his fingers with her hand. "It is nice to meet someone around here with time for some real fellowship." She smiles at him, her thin red leps drawing a distinct line as she pulls a lock of hair fallen forward back behind her left ear, subconciously preening as he stares on.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-04-23 at 11:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

PFC Antonio Llanos

Antonio blushes for a short second when she touched his hand.

"Harlon is a great Leader he knows when things are going to go wrong, my Scimitar is in pretty good form but its still gonna need some tuning up"

He looks down at his hands and her hands touching each others. Then looks back at her eyes making direct eye contact.

"I come from the area of Magistry of Canopus, it is a very nice place well to me also my background is Latin what about you?"

He looks back down to their hands and then looks back up. With an awkward look on his face

"I don't know where Harlon will take us but it will still be good anyway, thank you its good to know that their is still fellowship around here"

He looks at the clock on the wall and notices the time. Damn it I have to get down to the mech bay since i got to patrol. Damn I was having fun speaking with her. He looks back at her with a sorrowful look.

"Zeissa it was very nice speaking with you and I hope we can continue this talk after because I have to go with Justin and Feldbaum to do a patrol of an area."

He scull's the rest of his coffee and gets up and kisses Zeissa's hand and starts to walk but then turns around and looks directly at her.

"Unless you would like to come with me to the mech bay?"

He stretches out his hand towards her waiting for her replay.
    Last edited by Luchito; 2008-04-23 at 05:05 AM.
    ŁäŦįŇǒ ĦЭД†

9. - Top - End - #189

"Definitely." she says, getting up and following him to tour the Scimitar before straying over to look at and check on her Valk.

She'd probably made him uncomfortable, but he seemed able to take it mostly in stride.

OOC: Were his hands coarse or soft or somewhere in between? Zeissa likes to grab men's hands, cuz' they're so big it's freaky and funny and kinda handsome.

10. - Top - End - #190

(rushing everyone to their tanks)

The hovercraft quickly raced out of the dropship hanger, into the mess of tents and campfires which the group crew and just finished putting out. The fact that you hadn't slept did nothing to raise your spirits, the caffeine on the other hand…

The crewman gathered together in the morning chill, slowly replacing the night watchmen. The light rain began to fall but was hardly noticed by the infantry let alone the vehicle pilots. The Ferret light scout VTOL began to power its rotors and the ground crew scurried out of the way of the makeshift landing pad. Through the old machine made a clear creaking noise as it took off, it was the most reliable machine in the company. Ripping through the air towards the mountainous region just over the first hill, the ferret began testing its communications equipment, noting that everything was clear, the hovercraft began to follow.

The first ridgeline was clear but a small dip gave way to a small structure hiding among the rocks. The pilot noted the infantry patrol and the battlemech in poor condition, registering as the second guardian. The landscape was heavily scarred from what appeared to be multiple engagements.

The first warning light which should have gone off was the way the weather drastically changed. One moment there was a calm rain and the next the storm swept up the light scout helicopter, forcing the pilot to focus on keeping level. The second warning was the kilos of explosives suddenly slamming into the rear rotor blade, spinning the ferret out of control. The rival VTOL, a H-7C Warrior Attack VTOL pulled away, recognising the danger of the storm.

The comms died and the Ferret span out of control, the pilot furiously fighting to land on a clear patch of ground as the nearby tree line was certain death…

The VTOL had seen something after all; a brief radio signal had managed to get out to the hovercraft. They had to head into the storm.
    Last edited by king.com; 2008-04-26 at 04:34 AM.

you know whats worse than a regular Daemon-host? A Daemon-host with a Plasma Cannon.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

PFC Antonio Llanos

"Well thats the end of the tour of my tank"

Antonio turns around to face Zeissa. He then notices that everyone is rushing in the mech bay.

"Hmmm, I think my patrol is about to begin. We'll Zeissa it was nice talking to you I had a good time I hope you did too. I'll catch ya later"

Antonio gives a salute to Zeissa and then grabs her hand and kisses it. He then walks off to his cabin. Man why do i have to go on a patrol.

When Antonio reaches his Cabin he changes into his piloting cloths and puts a black cap. He then walks to the Scimitar and gets into the cockpit. Before Antonio turns on the engine he does the sign of the cross.El nombre del Padre, del Hijo y Espiritu Santo Amen takes out his crucifix and then kiss it. Santa Maria, madre de Dios, ruega por nosotros...

Spoiler
    Show
    The first one means Father, Son and Holy Spirit amen and the second one means Holy Mary, Mother of God, prayer for us...
    Last edited by Luchito; 2008-04-24 at 04:49 AM.
    ŁäŦįŇǒ ĦЭД†

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Lieutenant Justin Grassi

He had just finished his inspection. The armor patch to the damage caused by the Savannah was ugly, but effective. He climbs the ladder up to the hatch, pausing at the top to accept the mug passed up by his tech. "Thanks." He starts to climb in but pauses when he spots Antonio and Zeissa. As he kisses her, Justin shakes his head and mutters "Typical Canopian." before continuing his descent.

Burnout, J. Edgar Light Hovertank

Just perfect. The gunmetal gray sky above made a perfect mirror for his mood as he led his lance out into the expansive desert wastes. The rain drops pounding on the roof and the gusts of wind making the tank fight his control only served to drag the mood down deeper. No good can come of this.

He had no idea how right he was. When the call came in, he spat a couple of choice invectives in his native tongue while moving the map from its position on one of his secondary monitor to one of his primary ones. He quickly ran through his list of options, until only one became clear. He brought up the needed comm channel...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ohh, cliffhanger! But I need soem more info before makign a decision.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

13. - Top - End - #193

ROUND 1

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Intiative
    Spoiler
    Show

J.Edgar Light Hover Tank: 12
    Anti-Mech SRM Infantry: 10
    Scimitar Medium Hover Tank: 9
    Unknow Sensor readings: 7
    Saracen Medium Hover Tank: 6
    Guardian GRD-1N: 6
    Pegasus Scout Hover Tank: 4

ETA for Mech Lance to arrive: Round 2

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Alright, you guys keep the baddies busy-I'm gonna go check up on the wreck site," Justin orders over the Lance's channel, punctuating the sentence by putting the hammer down on the Blaze of Glory. The swift tank easily pulled away from its companions.

As the Justin rounded the bluff, its threat warning reciver lit up. Somebody was trying to paint the Blaze with a missile lock-the lack of a signature down that bearing meant infantry. Thumb-selecting Inferno rounds for the SRMs, Justin fired the tank's own missiles blindly into the storm, adding the Diverse Optics laser just for good measure. He could not tell if he hit, but the TWR went silent for now, so he assumed he had dealt some damage.

Threading between two stands of pines, he guided the tank onwards towards the crash site. As it approached, Justin eased off the throttle and started switching through all of the tank's sensors to scan the site. One good thing about this storm, he mused, is that if either of the two had survived and gotten out, their body heat will stand out like torches on the IR scan.

Spoiler
    Show

Simple: Fire at SRM Platoon. Using ML, 2xSRM-2 firing Infernos. TN 5.

To-hit on AM SRM Inf-ML, SRM, SRM (2d6=7, 2d6=6, 2d6=6)

3 Hits.

SRM hits on Infantry-SRM, SRM (2d6=6, 2d6=7)

2 SRMs hit. This is why I hate SRM-2s (or anything that uses the 2 column in general).

AM SRM Jump Platoon take 7x2=14 Damage. 7 Men left.

Simple: Flank F2/R/F3/L/F3/R/F2, 13 MP, 10 Hexes, TMM +4, ending 0809/1.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-04-27 at 05:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Anti-Mech SRM Infantry Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: To 1312, facing south
    Firing: SRM at Scimitar, miss

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

PFC Antonio Llanos

Move Scimitar to hex 0913 and fire both SRM 2 at Infantry and then fire AC/5 at Guardian. End by facing NW

Hmm, damn rain I can't see much out there better use my IR Scanner. Antonio then feels the ground shake near him like if some missiles just hit the ground near his tank.

"Wow that was close, I'll try to get their attentions off you Sir."

Antonio moves straight past the infantry and fires both SRM 2 at them, he then targets the Guardian and fires his AC/5 at it.

"I bet that got their attention, Lieutenant Grassi is there any sign of the crew from the crashed VTOL?"
    Last edited by Luchito; 2008-04-30 at 06:27 AM.
    ŁäŦįŇǒ ĦЭД†

17. - Top - End - #197

Scimitar Medium Hover Tank Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: to 0913, facing northwest (i assume)
    Firing:
    SRM 2 at Anti-Mech SRM Infantry, 1 missile hits, takes 2 damage, 5 troopers remaining
    SRM 2 at Anti-Mech SRM Infantry, 1 missile hits, takes 2 damage, 3 troopers remaining
    AC/5 at Guardian GRD-1N, miss

Unknow Sensor readings:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sighted by Burnout as : Striker Light Tank
    Movement: To 1208
    Firing: SRM 6 at J.Edgar Light Hover Tank, miss
    LRM 10 at J.Edgar Light Hover Tank, miss
    Last edited by king.com; 2008-05-01 at 04:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I found a Striker, does that count?" Justin asks as he puts the tank into a violent S-turn to throw off the enemy's missile lock.

Saracen Medium Hovertank
    The Saracen climbs the hill ahead of it to give its missile launchers a commanding view of the battle below, the missile tubes blossoming smoke and flame as they issue judgement from on high. A half-dozen missiles crashed into the Striker's glacias plate, while two missiles shredded armor from the enemy 'Mech's flank and arm.

Spoiler
    Show

Simple: Flank R/F1/L/F6/R, 12 MP, 7 Hexes, TMM +3, Ending 0813/1.

Simple: Fire.

Primary Target: Striker. Engage with 1xLRM-10 (TN 6, assuming +1 TMM
    ).
    Secondary Target: Guardian. Engage with 3x SRM-2, firing regular. TN 8.

To-hit rolls-LRM, SRM, SRM, SRM (2d6=8, 2d6=10, 2d6=4, 2d6=8)

LRM, 2 SRMs hit.

Missile hits-LRM, SRM, SRM (2d6=7, 2d6=5, 2d6=4)

6 LRMs, 2 SRMs.

Hit Location- Striker 5, 1-Guardian 2, 2 (2d6=5, 2d6=9, 2d6=8, 2d6=4)

Striker takes 5 damage to Front. 19 armor left.
    Striker takes 1 damage to Front. 18 armor left.

Guardian takes 2 damage to LT. 4 armor left.
    Guardian takes 2 damage to RA. 2 armor left.

Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-04-30 at 12:08 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

Guardian GRD-1N Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: To 1013
    Firing: Machine gun at Scimitar Medium Hover Tank, hits, takes 2 damage to FA, 19 armour remaining
    Machine gun at Scimitar Medium Hover Tank, hits, takes 2 damage to TU, 19 armour remaining
    Machine gun at Scimitar Medium Hover Tank, miss
    Machine gun at Scimitar Medium Hover Tank, miss
    Machine gun at Scimitar Medium Hover Tank, hits, takes 2 damage to FA, 17 armour remaining

20. - Top - End - #200

BardGuy

Pegasus Scout Hovertank

Travel at cruising speed to 1314, turn to face NW, open fire with M.Laser and both SRMs at Guardian.

"I think I can clean up this one... Any news on our VTOL crew?"
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

21. - Top - End - #201

Pegasus Scout Hover Tank Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: To 1314, facing NW
    Firing: SRM 6 at Guardian GRD-1N, miss
    SRM 6 at Guardian GRD-1N, 4 missiles hit
    Guardian GRD-1N takes 2 damage to LA, 2 armour remaining
    Guardian GRD-1N takes 2 damage to LT, 2 armour remaining
    Guardian GRD-1N takes 2 damage to LA, armour destroyed
    Guardian GRD-1N takes 2 damage to LT, armour destroyed
    Medium Laser at Guardian GRD-1N, hit, takes 5 damage to LL, armour destroyed

22. - Top - End - #202

OOC: weekends, busy, stuff heres now...

ROUND 2

Intiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Saracen Medium Hover Tank: 11
    Scimitar Medium Hover Tank: 10
    Pegasus Scout Hover Tank: 9
    J.Edgar Light Hover Tank: 9
    Commando COM-2D: 9
    Guardian GRD-1N: 8
    Commando COM-3A: 8
    Flea FLE-4: 8
    Scorpion Light Tank: 7
    Striker Light Tank: 7
    Anti-Mech SRM Infantry: 6
    Wolfhound WLF-1: 6
    Javelin JVN-10F: 5
    Valkyrie VLK-QA: 5

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by king.com; 2008-05-05 at 02:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Saracen Medium Hovertank

The Saracen races around to the damaged 'Mech's left side to fill the gaps in its armor with high explosives. The missiles easily tore through armor more memory than fact and blasted the 'Mech's entire left side side apart in a spectactular fashion.

Spoiler
    Show

Simple: Flank RR/F4/LL/F1/L, 11 MP, 5 Hexes, TMM +2, ending 1214/6.

Simple: Fire at Guardian with all weapon, SRMs firing standard. TN 10 LRM, 6 SRMs.

To-Hit on Guardian: LRM, SRM, SRM, SRM (2d6=9, 2d6=9, 2d6=6, 2d6=8)

Three SRMs.

Missile hits on Guardian-SRM, SRM, SRM (2d6=9, 2d6=3, 2d6=8)

Five hits. Five groups of 2.

Hits on Guardian (left side)-Groups of 2. (2d6=7, 2d6=7, 2d6=3, 2d6=6, 2d6=9)

Guardian takes 2 damage to LT. 2 internal structure left.
    Guardian takes 2 damage to LT. **SECTION DESTROYED** <<LIMB BLOWN OFF>> LA blown off.
    Guardian takes 2 damage to LL. 1 internal structure left.
    Critical hit on Guardian LL-checkign for limb blown off (2d6=8)
    One crit-details irrelevant.
    Critical hit on Guardian LL-location (1d4=2)
    But in the interest of completeness, it is the Upper Leg.
    Guardian takes 2 damage to RT. 4 armor left.
    Guardian takes 2 damage to LL. **SECTION DESTROYED** 1 damage transfers to CT.
    Guardian takes 1 damage to CT. 5 armor left.

And the Guardian falls down (roll to avoid pilot damage at +6) and takes no further part in this battle.

Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-05-06 at 10:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

DING-DING-DING-DING!

WHOP!

clog-klodd-dogog...

Suddenly, a shrill buzzing alarm clock goes off, snapping Yoshi back into wakefulness. He irritably slaps the clock, knocking it clattering across the ferroglass of the cockpit.

There he moans for sometime insensate, the steady thudding of the Kamikaze's feet lulling him into the grey land between sleep and wakefulness. His body's throbbing with horrible aches and abrasions does little to remedy the situation. Every so often, he'd have to give his mech's erratic gait a little more kick to put it back into proper formation with the others.

Scratching his nape ruefully, he bites back a curse as he sees the displays flashing with unrepaired battle-damage through the spotty stains thereon. Flushing slightly and wincing as he leans forward, he hastily wipes the stains away with a rag that he always keeps on hand. Man, that should teach me to screw around in a mech's cockpit! Damn, I hope this machine didn't sustain too much damage after the last mission!

As the battlemech lance enters the dusty gorge, their VTOL passes down the latest sensor scan of the battlefield, showing three additional hostiles coming in from the far end of the canyon. At the prospect of action, Yoshioka's blood finally stirs once more, pumping with adrenaline. The clarity returns to his sight and senses and his hands lose their sluggishness.

Gunning the throttle, he charges out of the canyon's southmost chokepoint and into the main valley. There, he twists the Commando's torso to the right and aims a shot of his MLAS at the fast-deteriorating Guardian in the distance but apparently, he'd arrived too late to contribute. "Good work, comrades!", he radioes in.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry fer the absence, folks.

Actions: move to 0413
    Last edited by Miraqariftsky; 2008-05-15 at 04:56 AM.
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

PFC Antonio Llanos

"Damn it I missed, Hey Sir its nice that you joined in"

Antonio moves the Scimitar near where the J.Edgar. He targets and fires all his weapons at the Striker.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to 0810 and Fire both SRM's 2 and AC/5 at the Striker
    ŁäŦįŇǒ ĦЭД†

26. - Top - End - #206

BardGuy

Sgt. Feldbaum, Pegasus Hovertank
    "Curses! I've left myself very few good shots... Well, I think I can get the Scorpion. Leutnant, got any Infernos left for our friends on foot?"
    Sgt. Feldbaum inwardly winces as he realizes that the Lyran title for his lance commander might not be appropriate
    Cruise along ridge to 1510, facing N (takes 8 MP), fire both SRM racks and the M. Laser at the Scorpion

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Justin chuckles. "You should know me better than to ask," he says. "Can't slow down enough for a proper sensor sweep, else you're gonna have two people in need of pickup," he reports on the company channel as he accelerates to put some solid rock between him and the two enemy tanks. He starts to turn his own tank around when the HUD paints two new threats. He reads the tags and swears.

"I got two 'Mechs outta the northeast-Flea and Commando, bearing zero-five-seven," he calls out as he slides the tank up against the bluff to conceal himself from their weapons.

Now, the smart thing to do was to get the tank turned around and hightail it out of there. But the smart thing to do would have been to get a job as a tech. The smart thing to do would have been to throw that race. But the smart thing was often boring, and Justin hated boring. Besides, the open stretch in front of the two 'Mechs was perfect for accelerating up to a good speed, which gave him an idea.

"I've got them," he says with equal parts confidence and smug.

The Blaze of Glory emerged around the bluff and turned towards the two 'Mechs. Stunned by the sheer insanity, audacity, or maybe just plain stupidity of their opponent, the two MechWarriors almost stopped dead in their tracks. Justin locked onto the Flea and put the tank into a right-hand drift, both to throw off enemy fire-control and create the optical illusion the tank was moving slower than it really was. When he failed to fire and turn away, the enemies understood-he was closing for a good shot. They too, held their fire. At the last minute, Justin wheeled the tank hard to the left and floored the pedal, causing the tank to streak right towards the enemy Commando. Gotcha. His knuckles whitened on the control yoke as he braced for what was to come.

The air was rent with the shriek of tortured metal as the tank's front end bit into the Commando's right ankle. The sharp prow of the high-powered tank easily tore through the 'Mech's armor and myomer. The 'Mech's foamed-titanium skeleton, however, proved a more formidable obstacle, slowing the right front of the tank down enough to cause its rear end to swing out and sideswipe the Commando's other leg, the impact ablating away the protection for the 'Mech's left shin and giving Justin a good shaking in the cockpit. Even the skeleton, however, could not hold out against the crushing forces subjected to it, and the 'Mech's right shin snapped, and suddenly the tank was free and racing onwards.

But the Blaze of Glory had not escaped unscathed. The Commando had left a parting gift in the form of a piece of its shattered endoskeleton, which had severed one of the myomers controlling the tank's turret before wedging itself quite firmly in the turret ring. Even so, Justin was pretty happy.

After a quick manipulation of the controls to bring the tank back under control, he pumped his fist in the air even though nobody could see the gesture, and called out over the general channel "Haha YES!!! Then, in a commnet directed at the Flea's pilot, he taunts, "There's still time to give up before you get your dose of the same, buddy." Then he wiped the coffe that had sprayed onto his face from the now-forgotten mug with his right hand and started to turn the tank to the right.

Spoiler
    Show

Complex: Kneecap special (charge).

Cruise F3/R/F6 declaring charge on COM-3A Commando.

9 hexes, 11 MP, TMM +3

TN is 6 plus net piloting skill (assuming -1)

Ramming Commando (2d6=7)

Assuming he is not a super-elite MechWarrior with a piloting of 2, that would be a hit. A very palpable hit.

9x2.5=22.5, round up to 23 damage, using kick table. Groups of 5, 5, 5, 5, 3.

Ram damage location-5, 5, 5, 5, 2 (1d2=1, 1d2=1, 1d2=2, 1d2=2, 1d2=1)

Commando takes 5 damage to RL. 1 armor left.
    Commando takes 5 damage to RL. Armor destroyed, 2 internals left.
    Commando takes 5 damage to LL. 1 armor left.
    Commando takes 5 damage to LL. Armor destroyed, 2 internals left.
    Commando takes 3 damage to RL. <<SECTION DESTROYED>>, 1 damage transfers to RT.
    Commando takes 1 damage to RT. 3 armor left.

Commando auto-falls, rolls to avoid pilot damage at +8.
    Determining critical hits on Commando-RL, LL (2d6=6, 2d6=6)
    No crits.

J. Edgar takes 3 damage on front table.

Ram damage to J. Edgar-group of 3 (2d6=11)

J. Edgar takes 3 damage to TU. 21 armor left.
    **TURRET LOCKED**

J. Edgar ends in 1503/2.

Commando displaces off the map.

***Commando DESTROYED BY RING-OUT!!!***
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2008-05-12 at 10:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

"Hüzzah." Zeissa cheers as her teammates molest and bully around the red dots on the radar.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-05-14 at 03:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Hmm, what happened to my post?

Scimitar Medium Hover Tank Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: To 0810, facing northeast
    Firing: AC/5 at Striker Light Tank, hits
    Striker Light Tank at 5 damage to FR, 13 armour left
    SRM 2 at Striker Light Tank, 1 missile hit
    Striker Light Tank at 2 damage to FR, 11 armour left
    SRM 2 at Striker Light Tank, 1 missile hit
    Striker Light Tank at 2 damage to FR, 9 armour left

Pegasus Scout Hover Tank Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: To 1510, facing north
    Firing: SRM 6 at Scorpion Light Tank, 4 missiles hit
    Scorpion Light Tank takes 2 damage to LS, 9 armour remaining
    Scorpion Light Tank takes 2 damage to LS, 7 armour remaining
    Scorpion Light Tank takes 2 damage to LS, 5 armour remaining
    Scorpion Light Tank takes 2 damage to LS, 3 armour remaining
    Medium Laser at Scorpion Light Tank, hits
    Scorpion Light Tank takes 5 damage to LS, armour destroyed, 1 internal structure remaining
    <<<CRITICAL HIT>>> Crew killed
    Tank destroyed: and just for the hell of it:
    SRM 6 at Scorpian Light Tank, 4 missiles hit
    <<<CRITICAL HIT>>> Engine explodes
    Internal structure destroyed
    <<<CRITICAL HIT>>> AC/5 ammo jammed for 1 turn

Commando COM-2D Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

As per PM
    Movement: To 0611
    Firing: Medium Laser at Striker Light Tank, miss

Flea FLE-4 Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: To 1504, facing north
    Firing: Small Laser at J. Edgar Light Hover Tank, miss
    Small Laser at J. Edgar Light Hover Tank, miss
    Large Laser at J. Edgar Light Hover Tank, hits
    J. Edgar Light Hover Tank takes 8 damage to RS, 11 armour remaining,
    Movement system damaged!

Striker Light Tank Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: To 1507, facing south
    Firing: LRM 10 at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank, 8 missiles hit
    Pegasus Scout Hover Tank takes 8 damage to FR, 18 armour remaining
    SRM 6 at Pegasus Scout Hover Tank, 2 missiles hit
    Pegasus Scout Hover Tank takes 2 damage to FR, 16 armour remaining
    Pegasus Scout Hover Tank takes 2 damage to FR, 14 armour remaining

Anti-Mech SRM Infantry Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Movement: To 1213
    Firing: Infantry SRM at Saracen Medium Hover Tank, hits,
    Saracen Medium Hover Tank takes 2 damage to RS, 18 armour remaining

Wolfhound WLF-1 Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Harlon
    "Alright everyone we've engaged them now, may as well finish them off, watch your infra-red, i've got infantry moving in from sectors 0404, and 0504. Also reading additional mechs coming in from the north, i read 4. There could be more, so lets form a firing line around the downed VTOL. Burnout could you kindly take care of these new approaching PBI."

Movement: To 0613, facing northwest
    Firing: Large Laser at Anti-Mech SRM Infantry, hits
    Anti-Mech SRM Infantry destroyed!
    Last edited by king.com; 2008-05-17 at 10:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210

Activating her jumpets Zeissa flies her Valkyrie to 0814 and alphastrikes at 1507 at the withdrawing Striker Light Tank, noticing its deft carve into the armor of the Pegasus.
    "Nice shot." she congratulates the enemy driver over the open band.
    "Think you can hit me?" she asks sincerely, with a note of consequence.