New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Anarchy in the D&D (IC)

Xerxes

Xerxes snorts at this declaration. The "cunning plan" you claim is an amalgam of statements made by everyone assembled here. We know naught of the disposition of these disgusting demihumans, nor of their power or numbers. I, for one, will not place myself against 10000 disgusting elves for Paladine and his lackey. I will wait for information become I commit the currency of my soul. Spend yours how you'd like.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zasabi smiles grimly as he shifts his attention to the other hapless elf, pulling another arrow out of his quiver and carefully positioning himself as to give him a clear shot of the cloaked hoodlum. With hope, the wizard wouldn't decide to interpose himself between him and his target. Pulling back the string of the bow, he prepared to finish the job...

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome. There's nothing like a series of good rolls. Let's hope I don't roll a one for climbing down or something and end up falling off the cliff. That would just top everything off :D Oh, and +4 to hit, if I'm not mistaken.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hales
    I can heal anyone injured with the might of m god behind me. I've also had a fair bit of training in war
    He hefts his flail meaningfully.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Halfling in the Playground

After his baptism to Mojilnor, somewhere around the fifth god the sad kobold has committed his soul to, Squire gains a bit of confidence. It'll fade soon enough, but his soul is complete right now and he is at one with the world.

His newly recovered confidence moves him to challenge, slightly, his new tormenter. He whispers to Cefos, loud enough to be overheard, and nods in Torger's direction "What an arrogant, angry buggerbear he ith."

5. - Top - End - #95

Zasabi, It'll take a couple rounds before you are in a position to attack. The surviving elf is out of sight in the trees and shrubbery, and you see no opening between Dart's position and where you guess the elf is. You need to get down the cliff before you can strike. Despite your fear for Dart's safety, you calm your mind and spend the time inching down as safely as you can without breaking your neck.

(Middling Climb check, enough to keep you on your feet, but not high enough to get you down in heroic style)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I nod Yes, he can be can't he? Don't worry, I think he's just upset about the weather, for from home, and has some unresolved issues of vengence. He'll be alright, just you see.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplo check for the kobold (to not provoke further):[roll]d20+8[/roll]
    Diplo on Xerxes for ditto (opposed will save?):[roll]d20+8[/roll]
    Course, if you don't want to you don't have to, but I'm roleplaying the peacemaker right now.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-02-09 at 01:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    whoops.
    Diplo check for the kobold (to not provoke further):(d20+8)[12]
    Diplo on Xerxes for ditto (opposed will save?):(d20+8)[27]

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"Yes I agree, better to not pay him any heed my friend." Val says as he turns to the rest of the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll aid JJ in his diplomacy rolls.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

9. - Top - End - #99

(d'oh! I've been mixing up the player/PC relationship between Torger/Xerxes. Sorry, Torger.

Anyway, It's up to Torger how he has Xerxes handle this. Diplomacy can't be used against other PCs)

10. - Top - End - #100

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

He grunts noncommittally at the priest's comments. Your words mean little to me, Priest, for good or ill. Bast knows my heart, and I am the instrument of her will. He rounds on the kobold. And you, little wretch, would you avenge yourself upon your invaders? Would you exact cruel and lasting punishment on those who would destroy you? Would you, at the expense of all you are, all you have, all you could be, commit yourself to a course to exact true vengeance on those who would oppress you, would destroy you, who would usurp your place in the world?

As he speaks in a low, intense voice, he slowly advances on the Kobold, finally towering above the creature.

Without true commitment, you can never become an instrument of revenge, and never wield the power of the Avenger. He threw back his hood, and his eyes burned with unholy fire. Look upon me. Look upon me and see the face of true vengeance. I wield my mistress's power, and will follow her guide until I become her true instrument.

Spoiler
    Show

[roll=Intimidate]1d20+7[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Torger; 2008-02-09 at 02:29 PM.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well that didn't go well. I think I'll wait an see how the kobold reacts.

12. - Top - End - #102

Squire sinks to his knees under Xerxes' glare. he faintly mouths the word "Yeth"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

Grumpily : "Well, I've waited around here long enough. Those scum aren't going to kill themselves." He pulls up the hood of his oilcloth cloak and walks off in the direction Dart took. "Come, Bassanius."

14. - Top - End - #104

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Xerxes nods once, then turns from the Kobold. Good. Then arise and take your place amongst us. If the Avenger judges your efforts worthy, she shall allow you to live to see your Vengance come to be.

Xerxes settles back to await the return of the scout, sinking into a meditative pose.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dart

Dart sees the staff and curses, What kind of elf uses a staff? I will have to do this quick. Knife in hand, he charges quietly to try to take the elf out in one shot.

[spoiler] Dart uses Enhance Attribute as a swift action to increase strength by 2. attack roll (1d20+2)[15] damage if hits (1d4+2)[6]

16. - Top - End - #106

Surprise Round:

Dart lunges over the mud and plunges his knife deep into the elf's side before his target can raise his staff in defense. The elf survives the blow, however.

Round One: Elf wins initiative. Zasabi's still not in place to do anything.

The elf brings his staff up between Dart legs, smacking him hard against the upper thigh (for 3 damage, but it was an unconfirmed critical threat).

Taking the blow, Dart presses his weight against into the elf, wrapping an arm around him. The knife sinks even deeper into the elf, cutting up into his lungs. Dart intimately hears the elf's last breath, the final beat of his heart.

(Why don't my dice roll this way when I'm playing! That was a critical for Dart)

(Warlock, I took the liberty of assuming that Dart would attack with the dagger as opposed to using up some other spell so soon in the day - and when he's right beside his opponent. Hope you don't mind. )

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"Wait Aaron! Come back, if you venture out alone and happen across one of the larger groups what then?" Val calls out after Aaron and Bassanius trying to convince Aaron that it is better to stick together and wait for Sam and Dart to return. Turning to Hales and... Sam... Val asks the two to keep watch over the Squire and Xerxes as he meditates. "I'm going to go find Sam and Dart. I shall return shortly."

((OOC: Is it just me or do we have 2 Sams?
    The Emperor Protects

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dart

Dart slides the dagger out, feeling the last of the elf's strength pass into his own veins. It was a disturbing sensation but one he had gotten used too. Now with that done he continued slowly, taking the Quarterstaff along with him.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As Zasabi made his way down, he sheathed his arrow and bow under his protective leather cloak. He called out to Dart, making his way carefully down and toward the the unlikely warrior.

"Oy! Wizard!" he yelled out as he landed(presumably). "You can thank me for saving your life later," he offered, gesturing toward the sacrifice. "I have a feeling that the Kobold over there is powering this unnatural rain. I'm going to release him, but you need to get in contact with the others. If I'm correct, the elves are going to come over and investigate, making this the perfect place for an ambush."

As he makes his way up to the sacrifice, he'd check the elf for any goods and take his cloak, throwing it atop his own. Then, using the edge of his whip-dagger, he would attempt to cut the bonds of this small creature.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

Dropping an f-bomb backwards with one hand as a response, Aaron keeps walking. Obviously tired of waiting, he continues onwards.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dart stands in front of Zasabi, the veins on Dart's face have turned black. "Yes saving me, I see", says Dart as he wipes his dagger off on the rain cloak. "I am sure the others will want to know about this, however I would like to study the magic used for this storm before you tear it down. At least a few moments."
    Last edited by warlock2000; 2008-02-10 at 11:02 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

(I'd just like to direct everyone to check out page three of our OOC thread for some goodies, and a bit of authoritarian twaddle.)

As Aaron steps out form the shelter, the storm relents significantly. Lightning and fireballs no longer flash continually. The lack of thunder brings on an eerie silence, broken only by the rumbling of the well-fed river. Rain still falls, but more weakly, and your cloaks no longer sizzle. Bassanius slouches in relief.

Zasabi throws the elf's cloak over him and and braves the heart of the storm. He nears the sacrificial altar, Zasabi sees there is no hope for the poor kobold. The scales on his body are deeply pitted and expose his innards. The skin on his face melted away. There is still life in him, but his fate is clear. Zasabi cuts the kobold's bonds, and removes him from the altar. All at once, the clouds are parted. Light streams down. The elf's cloak crumbles to the ground, destroyed by it's brief exposure to the heart of the storm.

Then the clouds close up and the rain continues, but the storm has relented.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Aasimar Sam (Yes they're are 2 Sams)

"Well since everyone else has already left I don't think we'll have time to finish a plan. As for skills I know a few spells as well as being an Aasimar, which gives me incredible awesomeness & an additional spell that makes things glow."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"Unfortunately I have to agree with you. We should make haste to find the others. Grab your things while I wake Xerxes and we shall head off to find the others." Turning around, Val walks over to Xerxes and attempts to wake him up.
    The Emperor Protects

25. - Top - End - #115

Walking up to Xerxes, Val does not see Squire getting ready to knife Xerxes in the back. No, Squire was not about to knife Xerxes in the back. Definitely not. Squire would never do that.

The kobold backs away, looking all innocent.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"Come!" Val says to the group. "Let us make haste! We should join up with the others and free the baron from this siege."

Spoiler
    Show
    Torgar, Does Xerxes have any witty comments to make towards Val? =p
    The Emperor Protects

27. - Top - End - #117

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Opening his eyes, Xerxes stands and stretches. Yes, let us go and restore this ineffectual lackey to his undeserving throne so that our erstwhile "King" can resume his delusions of grandeur. Leaning on his spear as a walking staff, Xerxes follows the other from the building. So... This "God" of yours... professes what, exactly? The term, "heathen northern,"
    while not spoken, is implied in the way he said "God," and he seems more interested in making conversation than in comparative theology.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zasabi turned to the wizard, lacking any idea of how to interpret the black veins in his face, but not particularly interested in the wizard's opinion at the moment either.

"I'm sorry, did you want to study that?" he asked, sarcasm thick in his voice. "Perhaps you should've brought an acid-proof umbrella. It was about the only way you could tolerate that unnatural elvish blasphemy for more than a moment."

That having been said, he lifts up the kobold's slowly-dying carcass and tosses it to the seemingly annoyed wizard. "Now, if you could take this unlucky bastard back to camp and tell the others of what happened, I can get into a good hiding place and wait for them. It won't be long until the elves decide to find out just what happened to their sacrifice."

Assuming the wizard didn't give him too much lip, he would immediately hide the dead bandit bodies(after checking their corpses for anything useful), check out the area for spots of easy access and find a location that would allow him to hide from any intruders while still allowing him some view of their arrival. Hopefully the others would be notified in time for an ambush to still be a viable action. Otherwise, he would have to whip out the old disguise kit and fool the none-too-intelligent elves if they arrived.

Spoiler
    Show
    essentially, I'm going to take as much time as I can finding a good hiding space. And also, if the bandits seem to have some sort of uniform, I'll grab it from them in case I need to add to my disguise check modifier :D And yes, I just noticed we have two Sam's. Totally picking a different alias next time :D
    Last edited by Zasabi; 2008-02-11 at 01:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

Speaking up for the first time since he left, Paladin's keep, Renar states the (fairly) obvious.

"Well, that was abrupt"

Peering out at the sightening sky, he continues:

"We should probably get going before the elves can resume their siege"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for being silent the entire time, but neither I nor my character had anything to contribute

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos
    As the storm abates Cefos also leaves, glaring at Xerxes.
    If/when he sees the kobold sacrifice he rushes forwards and plants a few divine touch heals on him. (basically 2 health per at the moment.)