New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Anarchy in the D&D (IC)

Aaron

Aaron fires a crossbow bolt at the elf flanking Dart. Pointing at the one next to him (not flanking, just to the right of him) "Bassanius. Charge!"

Spoiler
    Show

sorry to make you wait :)

Aaron
    (1d20-3)[6] - shooting only guy without cover, but alas, into melee
    (1d8)[7]

Bassanius
    (1d20+7)[10] (charging, halberd, so charging straight forward 4 spaces, then making a 10ft attack at an angle on the elfey)
    (1d10+7)[10]
    \
    oh, bassanius' AC = 18 this round due to -2 from chargey-charge
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-02-17 at 01:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

I wasn't really waiting on you, so much as explaining why I didn't continue describing the effect of Xerxes' or Dart's actions in my previous post.

Aaron's bolt passes smacks harmlessly into a tree trunk (perhaps annoying an ent somewhere).

Bassanius grunts as he plods through the river, ignoring the rushing water as he hangs his sling on his belt and hefts his halberd. Standing on the far bank, he mechanically swings, missing the sickle-wielding elf but hitting the tree hard with the follow-through of his swing. (That scrying ent is getting real pissed off)

Xerxes Dark Speech sunders the elf's quarterstaff. Shocked, the elf just stares at his broken weapon.

Zasabi's up

(Two things, Jael: Bassanius couldn't charge through the river, considered difficult terrain. That tree between him and target provided cover. Don't worry, Bass missed regardless of that, though.)

3. - Top - End - #183

Well, I found icons for every one. If you'd prefer something else, just send it to me.

I also found this bad boy you might want to prepare for:

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

Seeing Dart in surrounded, Val attempts to charge the closest elf to aid Dart.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zasabi is going to stay in place, firing an arrow at maximum range at the elf that is most exposed to him. Immediately after firing, he's going to duck behind cover as to not lose the aspect of surprise. At that range, he won't be able to hit anything too vital, but he should be able to still damage the elf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's targeting the elf that is to the left of Bassinius, about three squares or so standing in the small cluster of trees. Zas won't get a sneak attack bonus, but he still gets +3 if I'm not mistaken to his bow attack.
    Last edited by Zasabi; 2008-02-17 at 08:12 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

I'm going to spend the turn running over to the space above Bassanius. While running I respond to the Kobold with "Stay Calm, we'll rescue you in 30 seconds top."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Excellent, I'm now in flanking postition. I charge again, heading for the elf directly to the left.
    Spoiler
    Show
    strenght check(d20+1)[14]
    can I have a plus one circumstance bonus for "really pissed off?"
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-02-18 at 07:01 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

(and here's where the dice falter for Zasabi)

Zasabi's arrow strikes true, but tis but the merest flesh wound (1 hp damage)

Cefos rights himself in the whitewater and pushes out onto the shore where, pissed off, he flails at the poor elf with the spear in his leg, a broken staff in his hand and blank stare on his face. The flail to the chest finally ends his misery. (Since you rolled well enough on your Strength check, and subsequent attack roll I'm gonna say sure, you got a +1 Pissed Off bonus that round. Didn't change anything - the elf's still dead )

Dart reels on the attacker who moved to flank him. With a solid fist to the skull, he drops the elf.

Val watches his betting rival's success and steps forward to improve his score. His magical fist is useless, though, as his right hook catches nothing but air.

Sam, looking to improve his position and ready a fantastic assault and rescue, stumbles in the rushing water and is swept downriver, following Cefos's previously charted but uncontrolled course. (You too will need a Strength check to get out)

--

The spear-wielding elf, deprived of his flanking support, stabs at Dart but misses. His ally with the sickle ignores the so-far ineffectual Val who now also conveniently blocks Bassanius, to focus upon the tanking Dart. The sickle strikes a resounding blow . . . blocked by Dart magic armor.

The elf standing back from this fight is not anxious to step into the fray with Dart. Rather, he draws his spear back and finding the right moment, launches a precise shot into Dart's shoulder. Yet The transmuter remains as unharmed as he was before he struck his killing blow moments earlier

Spoiler
    Show
    the damage that isn't reduced by the DR soaks up the temporary hit points gained from your kill, leaving you exactly where you were before, hit point-wise

--
    Act 1, Scene Elf

Aramir: Oh damnit where'd that come from?
    Zekiale: I don't know! up there somewhere. Ahead of Joener - who's that?
    Aramir: I don't know, but don't just stand there, get behind a tree.
    Zekiale: They're attacking there, to the left.
    Aramir: What? Where? I don't see anything.
    Zekiale: Dig your head out of that tree and look. There!
    Aramir: It looks like a human!
    Zekiale: Yeah, I think so.
    Aramir: What are humans doing here?
    Zekiale: Attacking us.
    Aramir: I mean, why?
    Zekiale: It's obvious, Mir. They want our kobolds.
    Aramir: We've only got the one - oh crap, Joener! Watch out for that spear!
    (Aramir and Zekiale wince)
    Aramir: Get out of there Joener!
    Zekiale: Yeah, run, they're surrounding you - his staff, it just shattered!
    Aramir: Why is he just standing there, looking like a fool.
    Zekiale: He is a fool! Always was. Get out of there, you fool! Someone's coming out of the river.
    Aramir: RUN!
    Zekiale: RUN! . . . He's not running. He's not even movi-
    (Aramir and Zekiale wince)
    Zekiale: Dammit! We gotta do something.

Renar 24
    Aaron 21
    Xerxes 14
    Zasabi 13
    Cefos 13
    Dart Init 9
    Val 5
    Sam 4

Elves last

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

Moving forwards, through the river, Renar draws another shortspear, and, when he judges his range, hurls another spear at the retreating-seeming elf ((Moving to directly north of Cefos, if there's one square of river I'm with 1 movement available, and attacking the elf directly south of me))

Spoiler
    Show

Luckily, the elf is within one range increment, so win-win.
    (1d20+2)[13]
    (1d6+3)[9]
    +forcrit
    (1d20+2)[22]
    (1d6+3)[8]

10. - Top - End - #190
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Eyes glowing with eldrich fury, Xerxes blasts the cliff face above the south-most elf not holding the kobold, attempting to bring more of the cliff face down onto the sub-human. Then, he runs down along the water's edge, closing in on the remaining elves.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos
    I'll turn and assist Sam.
    Spoiler
    Show
    strenght (d20+1)[6]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously? I have done nothing this combat? What are you rolling for me Jay?

Val, still a bit angry at his string of failed attempts, moves out of the way of Bassanius and then attempts to deliver a punch to the nearest elf.
    The Emperor Protects

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

Moving two hexes diagonally to the left, Aaron lets loose an arrow at the elf engaged in combat with Dart. Right after that, Bassanius moves two spaces left and then attacks the same elf.
    Spoiler
    Show

Aaron
    (1d20-3)[-1]
    (1d8)[4]

Bassanius
    (1d20+5)[22]
    (1d10+7)[10]

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

I'll try to get out & let Cefos assist me.

Strength - (1d20)[7]

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zasabi will, upon noticing a lack of targets, decide to run stealthily across the cliff side, short bow prepared. He would then take aim, but wait for someone to jump out of cover to actually shoot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    At school, so sorry for the crappy post, but essentially he's going to run to the tree closest to the cliff line(near that little jagged line thing) and delay his action until someone moves out of cover. (Which I'm fairly sure the Players guide says I can do. I don't know completely, however.)Upon someone moving out of the way, he'll proceed to take pot shots at them.

16. - Top - End - #196

Renar draws a new spear as he wades into the water - and then is swept up in the current, following Sam (I can't believe I rolled a 1 on that Strength check - and if y'all hadn't figured it out yet, I'm just as willing to use the scenery against you as I'm willing to let you use it against your foes)

Aaron's bolt misses horrendously. He doesn't even hit the air. His shot just vanishes. (although hitting -1 would be pretty good if we were playing AD&D)

Bassanius connects brutally with his halberd, however. Yet this elf is hearty, he takes the blow sand remains standing.

Xerxes' misjudges where he should aim his eldritch blast. Sure, he hits the cliff - it's bigger than the broad side of a barn, he really couldn't miss it - but the debris he dislodges comes nowhere near the elf. A boulder crashes down, knocking over a tree (thoroughly pissing off that ent!)

Zasabi dashes along the cliff and readies to strike at the first elf to pop his head out from cover (Yeah, the PH certainly allows this: Specifically, it's "ready an action." delaying is slightly different, not triggered by someone else's action)

Cefos rushes back to the riverbank and extends his flail out toward Sam as the wizard approaches

Val, flanking, unleashes his pent-up frustration at the elf Bassanius just hit, delivering a resounding smash upside the head that knocks the brains out of the poor, druidic fey, splattering Dart with a bit of the grey matter.

(Oh, and you weren't in Bass's way before. I had typed that before I had the positioning sorted out but forgot to edit it. And besides, as Bass has moved, there's no need for you to. As for what I've been rolling for you, that's simple: nothing good, at least until this critical hit)

Now waiting for Dart before we find out if Sam makes it out of the river (but with that roll of his, we should all know the answer) and then we'll see what the elves do. My money is on Zekiale and Aramir fleeing, considering they just saw their leader's brain punched out of his skull. I know I wouldn't be hanging around to be next in line.

(also: regarding rolling: If you can anticipate a roll you'll need, go ahead and type it into your post. I've been using your results when they're applicable. But if your actions indicate a roll that you haven't anticipated, I've been making them myself with the dice that are on my computer desk. Val, you might want to consider anticipating every possible roll you'll need, seening as how my dice seem to hate you )

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zasabi, noting that he's still too far out of range, will spend his next turn moving up to his speed along the cliff side, noticing as he does so an elf who is exposed. Should the elf still be exposed, he'll take advantage of his relative stealth and take careful aim, attempting to drop the elf in one shot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Essentially, he'll move up to his speed while attempting to keep more or less hidden, making hide checks as needed, and do a sneak attack on the elf, who should be within 30 feet. He should end on a row below Xerxes, and the elf is the one a row below that.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

Bassanius moves diagonally down one to the left and takes a swing at the elf below Dart. Meanwhile, Aaron is chanting. Threatening black tendrils extend from the ground and gather in front of his chest. Sweat beads on his forehead and his skin slowly goes a sickly gray. Then, the ball of darkness shimmers and dissapears. Across the forest, the elves and kobold suddenly feel drowsy...
    Spoiler
    Show
    bassanius
    (1d20+5)[11]
    (1d10+7)[13]

Aaron : cast sleep, intellectual trick, 1d6 negative energy damage (not memorized, lvl 1 spell), DC for elves = 15 will.
    (1d6)[3]damage to aaron

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Dart attacks the last elf beside him.

Spoiler
    Show
    to hit (1d20+4)[21] damage if hit (1d6+6)[10]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You know what I will do, I just don't know what all to roll.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Bout time," Val says as he turns away from the elf's body. "Next victim..."

Turning to face the nearest elf, Val spies a tree. Taking a running jump, Val grabs at the tree branch in an attempt to missile kick the elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stunt Check Time! Dexterity Test DC 15: (1d20+2)[8]Crap!
    Last edited by Voth; 2008-02-22 at 10:29 PM.
    The Emperor Protects

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Seeing Renar Sam says "Terrible day for a swim isn't it?"

And here are a bunch of strength rolls.
    Strength - (1d20)[14]
    Strength - (1d20)[10]
    Strength - (1d20)[2]
    Strength - (1d20)[7]

23. - Top - End - #203

Dart's strike knocks down the last elf surrounding him.

Sam reaches out Cefos, but fails to clasp on as a wave washes over his head and carries him farther downstream (off the map!), bouncing his kness and arms against the rocks jutting out menacingly (suffering a measly 2 damage)

----

The last elf standing among the group surrounding Dart is visibly relieved that he hadn't entered melee. He had thrown a spear and, currently unarmed, decides that rather than drawing another weapon he'd be better off raising his hands in surrender. And that's what he does.

The other elf near the fray, sees an opportunity. The river seems to be a greater threat than any of his allies. He rushes out towards Cefos to bull rush him into the river. Breaking out into the open, he easily dodges the arrow from Zasabi's readied shot. Cefos's attack of opportunity is futile, but he stands fast against the elf's attempt.

Aramir: Thure's chaging!
    Zekiale: Junio's surrendering!
    Aramir: What do we do?
    Zekiale: RUN!

The two elves drop the kobold to the ground and start running.

Aramir follows Thure's lead and runs straight to Cefos, attempting the same maneuver. Cefos stands strong again, knocking Aramir back into Thule and onto the ground.

Zekiale follows Junio's lead and runs away.

I know some of y'all have provided actions, but you might want to reconsider, since there's a decent chance that you can finish the fight by demanding surrender from the last two elves fighting: the ones in front of Cefos; one standing, one on the ground.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

Approaching the two elves in front of Cefos, Val walks calmly up to them.

"Surrender now. We have no wish to spill unnecessary blood." Val says in a calm diplomatic tone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Check:(1d20+7)[24]
    The Emperor Protects

25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Almost negligently, Xerxes speaks the fel word of power and sunders the weapon of one of the bull-rushing elves. H'dj! Fall on your knees before your betters, churlish swine, or feel the wrath of the Lady of Vengeance.

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate - (1d20+7)[19]
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

(I am totally building a bridge before we leave. Anyone want to help?)
    This is just a placeholder until I know what options I have besides make a strength check.

27. - Top - End - #207

((You don't need to worry, the next Strength check you rolled above gets you out of the river.))

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Renar

((Woo, strength check to get out! - (1d20+3)[20]))

As he attempts to pull himself out of the river, a few feet (5) downriver, holding his spear out towards the elves.

"On your knees."

((Also, stance of clarity on the standing one - +2 AC vs him, -2 vs everyone else (19 and 15)))

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Upon seeing everyone stop fighting, Zasabi proceeds to follow the retreating elves. He will try to prevent them from escaping and warning the rest of the elves by the simplest way possible- shooting them in the face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's just going to chase after the elves who dropped the kobold. If they surrender, he won't kill them, but if they continue running, he will proceed to shoot at them. He'll make spot checks to make sure he doesn't reach sight of any other elves, and hide checks to keep from being spotted and to preserve any possible sneak attacks.
    Last edited by Zasabi; 2008-02-23 at 08:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'll knock the guy over still, but give him the chance to surrender.