New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Anarchy in the D&D (IC)

Renar crawls onto the river bank as Xerxes's dread word blasts the elf's spear into a thousand shards. The elf is left stunned - his face registering pure shock, the tips of his hair turn white. And then Cefos knocks him to ground and on top of Aramir with far more force than is absolutely necessary.

So it's no surprise that when Val offers a chance to surrender, Aramir, laying face down in mud, his ally on top of him, he mutters "Obviously." The elf on top of him, still in shock, grunts feebly.

The fourth elf, the one who surrendered last round, remains standing there doing nothing.

--

As Sam struggles up on the river bank, the fleeing elf runs past, followed in hot pursuit by Zasabi. Zekiale answers the ninja's call for surrender with "Screw you!" but quickly relents when struck painfully in the side by an arrow. "alright, alright!" he mutters, slowing to a stop, pressing his hands on the wound. "Just don't do that again!"

He turns around to face Zasabi and Sam. Panting, he asks the obvious question: "Why in Hades are you attacking us?"
    Last edited by Jay Emby; 2008-02-24 at 11:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

"Bassanius, start burying the dead." Aaron takes out his map again, and makes another skull mark locating these corpses.

Walking towards the still-living elves... "Why? I wasn't aware we needed a reason." He pauses, and smiles, taking full advantage of his horrible scars (intimidate(1d20+3)[5]). "However.... tell us everything you have been doing recently. Especially... where did you get the kobold?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos
    Cefos stands up and hefts his flail.
    Murder is frowned upon in these parts.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

"Especially when the victim is a vassal of our employer."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought that me and Sam were some distance away from the rest of the party, due to us chasing the elf, but I guess we could've... I dunno, marched him back or something.

Zasabi led the surrendering elf back to the rest of the group, assisting Sam if necessary. "You alright?" he asks as he takes in his comrades waterlogged appearance.

After everyone makes their bold statements to the injured elves, Zasabi determines that it would better serve his appearance as a grim archer to simply stay silent. He sheathes his shortbow and proceeds to take in the appearance of the party, noting with a mental curse that the foreign priest still lived. It would seem that life was not going to reward him so quickly.

Stepping back from the rest of the party, Zasabi would proceed to find a good spot to look out over the valley, making sure that no more elves were on their way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So essentially, he's gonna attempt to climb carefully up a nearby tree (tallest he can find) and scout the area around them to see if he can see any more elves, especially any heading in their general direction. Climb is +2, Spot is +4

[spoiler]

6. - Top - End - #216

Rather than being intimidated, the elf smirks at Aaron. Emboldened by Cefos stepping in to protect him, the elf feels confident enough to make a joke. "I bought him at the kobold store - there's a cave just down the river, selling them cheap."

"oh, wait - wait" Aramir says from the ground "Are you humans actually here to defend these kobold slavers? You've come to put us back in the shackles our kin just freed us from?"

EDIT:
    {I thought that me and Sam were some distance away from the rest of the party, due to us chasing the elf, but I guess we could've... I dunno, marched him back or something.}

Yeah, you were some distance off, but oh well. I guess we'll say that yeah you did march him back.
    Last edited by Jay Emby; 2008-02-24 at 05:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

Looking at the elves, he raises an eyebrow. "What shackles are you referring to?"
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos

Actually *smack w/ but end of the flail* I was refering to the kobold dead on the altar over there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh gods moral dilema.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

"Your suffering would be much more disheartening without the human sacrifice & acid rain." I then say a few words which can be easily recognized as celestial "But I'll make sure your slavery ends sooner if you stop asking questions & start answering them.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm casting Charm Person on the elf DC is 14. If that fails here's a diplomacy check (1d20+3)[8]

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

Emerging from the water, the tall, dusky-skinned warlock does not wait for invitation to barge into the discussion. The fabricated reasonings of worthless sub-humans is meaningless. You are in violation of the rightful lands of one King Paladine, who has, for the moment, secured the loyalty and ability of this disparate group. I, as you may have gathered, am the very Avatar of the Lady of Vengeance, and unless you can produce reason enough to stay my hand, your suffering will be legendary, and your festering carcasses will stand in mute testament as a warning to all other worthless churls who might seek to subvert my will. Now, speak.

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate - (1d20+7)[20]
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

11. - Top - End - #221

Answering first Val, The elf says "These filthy kobolds and their demon-king forced us to work their mangy farms - agriculture!" he spits at the last word. Farming, apparently, is not a proper elven endeavor.

To Cefos, another elf exclaims "Murder! Killing that kobold was justice. They deserved far worse than slow death for what they did to us!"

Xerxes elicits almost the opposite reaction than he was seeking. The elves are actually starting to get defiant. They are clearly afraid of you, but there's a look in their eyes that's daring you to strike out as fiercely as you can.

Then Sam casts his spell, and one of them says "Yeah, I'll tell you what you want to know."

You notice that the storm is once again weakening.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos
    If you speak the truth, then even so extra-legal lynichings are not the way to do things.*glances at Xerxces* "Share not the sinners crimes. Be-est thou holyier then he, and prosper."
    To the one who seems to be speaking under the spell. So tell me, do you speak the truth?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Xerxes

There are no laws, no right, no wrong. There is only power and the ability to wield it.

Xerxes falls silent as the elf begins to speak, looming at the water's edge.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

Turning to Xerxes I say "But those who have the ability to wield power have decided that there should be laws". Then I turn to the elf who said he'd tell me what he knows."So then where are the rest of the elves, what would it take for them to surrender, who organized this, & where were you originally from?"

Edit: I just noticed DarkGreen is really hard to tell apart from Black. So I'm changing to SeaGreen

15. - Top - End - #225

"Yes, I speak the truth. They're at the other Druidic circle we set up downriver, past the demon's cave." The elf looks up into the waning storm. "With the last of the kobolds soon dying on the altar there, our storm will soon end. Without the acid to keep him trapped him inside the cave, the demon will be free to attack us. If you are in league with him, my kin will not surrender to you. It is better to die in battle."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos

Spoiler
    Show
    May the god save us from fanatics, yea, verily, for they annoyest myself mucheth.

The last of the kobolds? If you speak the truth about thier crimes, then you shall be punished, though I suspect we can ease it lightly. I'll be madder at the Baron for failing his serfs so. If you lie or have been lied to... I wish you souls well, but I doubt you'll find rest after your life, and I aim to insure you find none in this.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

"Either way we need to get over there fast."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

"Well. Sitting around is definitely NOT the fastest way to get there..." He looks around at the group. "These elves are just going to slow us down... We should get rid of them."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

"No, if we let them live they can start up diplomacy with the other elves."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

"Huh. Diplomacy. We use diplomacy to stop them from killing the kobolds... then we use diplomacy to stop the kobolds from killing them... then we use diplomacy to stop our *sarcastic* illustrious king *end sarcastic* from killing us.... Seems pretty complex. Lets just give the survivors an ultimatum... go back to work, or die." He pauses, and smiles at their prisoners. "AFTER enough have died to make them listen."
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-02-26 at 12:26 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

"Terrorizing slaves is what caused these elves to attack. Also if we kill slaves we'll have to do manual labor by ourselves. And also killing people who cooperate with us discourages people from doing it in the future."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

"Only if witnesses survive." He raises an eyebrow. "If you think you can simply TALK them back to work, however... Feel free. I will be in charge of Plan B."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Sam

"Ok, then. Elfy come with me. Does anyone else want to come with me?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zasabi, having come down from his..presumably?.. successful scouting, has recently rejoined with the rest of the group in time to hear of Samuel's plan. Deciding that Sam seemed to be the only one he could put up with at the moment, he walks toward the man, his right hand resting on the coiled whip at his side.

"I'll accompany you," he plainly states. "You might need backup escaping if things turn for the worst."

And despite the fact that none of the rest of the party knew this, his training had included a crash course in Elven, which he had practiced to fluency. If the elves had anything to say that they'd prefer the group to not hear, Zasabi would be able to tell, giving this mission a slightly higher chance of survival.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"I'll go." Val says, apporaching Sam. "If anything you could use a diplomat in this situation."

Turning to others, Val continues. "I would appreciate it if you did join us. If things do not go as planned then I am sure we could use your aid."

Turning at last to the elves, Val approaches them. "I believe you have acted as you saw was right. In your eyes, you tried to preform justice as you saw fit. While this may not be acceptable to many people, it has been done." Val places his hand on there shoulders, looking them in the eyes. "Your not evil creatures, just tortured souls. Come. Join us. Help us convince your brethren that while revenge is sweet, it is not necessary here. Would it not be better to remember your fallen comrades, not out of bloodshed, but out of survival. Live on, remember them. Past down their story to others. Words can wound deeper than any blade. Make no physical attacks against the demon king, but if you denounce his ways, others will join you."

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe thats a diplomacy check... Do I get some sort of bonus or something for that speech? +7 to my diplomacy in any event.
    The Emperor Protects

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Cefos
    We've yet to see them prove thier honesty. They may have killed that kobold for any number of reasons. Still, they might be telling the truth, in which case it would be in our intrests to talk to these people, not kill them. If they still resist... well, as the knight in service of our lord, and our gods, we have the right to carry out executions. Cefos glances at Aaron, tempted to repeat the scripture on sharing sins.

27. - Top - End - #237

((That would definitely be a Diplomacy check))

The elves exchange questioning glances with each other, and silently come to a consensus. They nod to each other. The charmed one finally says "Yes, we'll follow you and help you talk to Surion, the druid who rescued us."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

"Thank you. With your aid we might be able to end this without further bloodshed from either side."
    Helping the two elves up, Val turns to face the group. "Both Sams as well as Cefos have agreed to join us. What about the rest of you? Shall you journey with us?"
    The Emperor Protects

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Aaron

"If diplomacy will bring our goal closer I have no objection."
    He pauses. "And should diplomacy fail, we will all be needed. Come, Bassanius." Bassanius finishes burying the last of the dead, and walks by Aaron's side.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Val

Smiling at Aaron and Bassinius, Val seems to relax, if only a bit. "Thank you. If diplomacy fails, it is reassuring to know that you will be there." Turning to the remaining members, Val looks with apprehension.
    The Emperor Protects