New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hordes of Chaos [IC]

The barmaid smiles at the halfing perched on the chair, "I will certainly bring you his stew. The used bath water is currently warm but if you wish a clean bath, I can draw you a piping hot bath in less than an hour." Taking the rest of the orders the plump lady disappears into the kitchen in a few moments returns with drinks, "Your food will be out in a few moments." She disappears again into the kitchen.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Yuri Sunstrider|Elf|Swashbuckler|3 LVL|CN|M
    hp: 19/19|Init +3|Spd 30|AC/T/FF|17/13/14|Light
    Melee Atk -> |+5 dual sickles|dmg: 1d6+2(x2)|
    |+7 sickle|dmg: 1d6+2|
    Ranged Atk ->|+6 longbow|dmg: 1d8|
    Saves ->|Fort +3|Ref +5|Will +1|
    STR 13|DEX 17|CON 10|INT 14|WIS 10| CHA 8[/table]

During this first stretch of their journey, Yuri doesn't say a whole lot. He sometimes keeps pace with the group, but more often than not finds himself distracted by some manner of flora or fauna along the road, pausing for a few minutes to examine it, before jogging to catch up with the group, only to see something a ways down the road and run past them, and so on.

As the group reaches the inn, Yuri scratches his head; he hadn't been paying much attention at the warehouse, and was almost disappointed he wouldn't be sleeping under the stars with comrades for the first time in... well, ever, really. His elven ears perk at the suggestion of the heavily-armoured member of their repertoire, eager for an excuse to stay outside.

"My good man, Mr. Dor, correct?
    Your offer is kind in this waning light."

Grinning, he winks at the boy.
    "You buy the food, a veritable feast,
    And I'll supply the drinks - 'tis only right"

He follows Ryesean to the stables (if there are any) and simply observes as he tends to the beasts.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

The plump barmaid comes out of the kitchen nearly half the hour after taking your order and brings out four bowls of piping hot food, setting two in front of Franklin and one in front of Sir Dor and the last in front of Yuri. She returns quickly from the back room with three piping hot steaks and sets it down next to the bowls. Finally, she brings out a large basket of rolls and a defrosted steak covered in blood. She smiles as she sets that in front of Seth. "Anything else I can get you?"
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Seth Blackmourn | Human| Necro Sorcerer| LVL 3 | CN |MED
    hp: 9/9 | Init +3 | Spd 30 | AC/T/FF | 10/10/10 | Monks Outfit modified
    Melee Atk |+0 | N/A | Ranged Atk |+0 Daggers | dmg: 1d4
    SV | Fort +2 | Ref +1 | Wil +4||
    STR 10 | DEX 16 | CON 14 | INT 13 | WIS 8 | CHA 12
    [/table]
    {table] GranShaw|owl| familiar| LVL 3 | - |tiny
    hp: 6/6 |3d8 | 2/(fly) 8 | AC/T/FF | 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14 |--
    Talons |+5 | 1d4-3| Ranged Atk |- | -
    SV | Fort +2 | Ref +5 | Wil +2||
    Str 4|Dex 17|Con 10|Int 2|Wis 14|Cha 4
    Skills|Spot +6|Listen+14|Move Silently +17|alertness|weapon finesse
    [/table]

Spells
    {table]Level 0 | Level 1
    6 | 6
    Detect Magic | Ray of Enfeeblement
    Read Magic | Identify
    Disrupt Undead | Chill Touch
    Touch of Fatigue |
    Prestidigitation |
    [/table]

Seth picks up a fork and knife and cuts off a chunk of the raw steak. "I think your services are no longer needed." He lifts the fork with the chunk of meat to his left shoulder. GrenShaw quickly gobbles the meat off the utensil. Seth looks to the group "I have taken this job because I like to travel and I might as well get paid to do so since I have no place to officially call my home. Was it mere payment that brings you to this task or was it more?" Seth keeps his peripheral vision on the man with the hood as he adjusts his slipping mask. He tightens the ties that keeps the sheath of his lower face on.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Concentration|1d20+7|Knowledge Arcana|1d20+8
    Spellcraft|1d20+8|Use Magic Device|1d20+3
    Bluff|1d20+8||
    [/table]

GranShaw(Owl)
    Size/Type: Tiny Animal
    Hit Dice: 3d8 (12 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 40 ft. (average)
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14 1
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-11
    Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-3)
    Full Attack: Talons +5 melee (1d4-3)
    Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: Low-light vision
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 4, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 4
    Skills: Listen +14, Move Silently +17, Spot +6*
    Feats: Alertness, Weapon FinesseB
    Environment: Temperate forests
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: ¼ ¼
    Alignment: Always neutral
    Advancement: 2 HD (Small)
    Level Adjustment: —
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2008-02-25 at 12:58 AM.
    If you can't be nice...At least be vague.
    Do not anger my sleeping dragons --> See all my Dragons

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Frankllin

"Ignore him. That bird is actually a fair representation of the size of the chip. Thanks, sweetie. This looks good." Franklin winks at the barmaid. As she walks away he lowers the second bowl of stew to ground for Olin to eat. "If you can keep it neat and not get stew all over the ground, I'll give you half me steak." Franklin is more than full with half of a meal, but Olin happily eats any leftovers.

"No home, eh? Prolly not related to wearing a mask all the time. You got no family? No friends?"
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

The barmaid quickly retreats to the kitchen

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    hp: 6/6 |3d8 | 2/(fly) 8 | AC/T/FF | 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14 |--
    [/table]

Spells
    {table]Level 0 | Level 1
    6 | 6
    Read Magic | Identify
    Touch of Fatigue |
    Prestidigitation |
    [/table]

Seth reaches back with his left arm and allows GrenShaw to step onto his forearm. Bringing the owl to eye level he scratches him lightly under the beak. He picks up another piece of the already cut steak and feeds him from his fingers. Seth speaks to Franklin while staring at his owl. "I have family and a friend. I will meet with him when death's whisper graces my ear. I have not found a need to settle for one place when..." Seth pauses in mid-sentence and gets an almost comforting look about him. His head coks to one side as if straining to hear something. As quickly as he stopped Seth returns to his sentence. "...there is so much to see and listen to in this world."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff|1d20+8||
    [/table]

GranShaw(Owl)
    Armor Class: 17 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 14
    Challenge Rating:
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2008-02-25 at 12:48 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Seth
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel that the dark stranger is watching the party but not watching you specifically. You get the feeling that he is watching the elf that is with you, Yuri. The strangers build suggest that they are either a small female human or an elf, you cannot tell without seeing the individuals face.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ryesean Dor
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Ryesean Dor| Human| Cavilier| LVL 3 | LG |size
    hp: 27/27 | | 20| AC/T/FF | 18/10/18| Splint & H Shield
    Melee Atk |+0 | dmg | Ranged Atk |+0 Daggers | dmg:
    SV | Fort +# | Ref +# | Wil +#||
    STR 15 | DEX 10 | CON 14 | INT 12 | WIS 8 | CHA 13
    Skills|Spot -1|Listen -1|extra|extra|extra
    [/table]

Temperance (Light Warhorse)
    Spoiler
    Show

{table] Name| race| class| LVL 3 | LG |size
    hp: #/# | | Spd | AC/T/FF | 10/10/10 | armor
    STR # | DEX # | CON # | INT # | WIS # | CHA #
    Skills|Spot +#|Listen+#|extra|extra|extra
    [/table]

Charity (PAck Mule)
    Spoiler
    Show

[/table]

Ryesean finishes tending to the mules and the wagon, after which he takes a few moments to brush down Temperance. Having business to discuss with his new found companions, it's not the most through job, but it will do. Patting her neck, and whispering a command of Guard in her ear, he turns and makes for the Inn. Exiting the stables, he spots the stable hand. "You there son... come here." The boy trots over, a glint of fear in his eye. "What's your name?" "Zigmund, sir". Ryesean looks down upon him, being naught more than 8 or 9. "Ever heard of the House of Dor m'boy?" with a shake of his head Zigmund tilts his head in a bit of confusion. "Well one day you shall. Anyway, my name is Ryesean Dor, and those are my animals in the rear stalls, as well as our gear. The mules need a bit of tending to, but the Mare... She's a good girl, but has been asked to guard our wares. You had best keep your distance. If anyone messes with Her or our gear, i want you to come find me pronto... you hear?" With a smile, Ryesean digs into his pouch and fishes out a silver peice. Flipping it to Zigmund, the boy trots off to take his post, as Ryesean makes his way to the Inn.

Entering the Whispering Willows Inn, Ryesean immidately spots the Cloaked hooded figure. Makeing a bee line for the table, he sets down his shield, and takes a seat across from the stranger. "We'll... that took a bit longer than i had expected. So how is it you know Amier". Ryesean sits there in silence for the better part of a minute, when he leans to the side looking past the cloaked stranger. Spying the halfling and masked man sitting at a table at the other side of the inn, elf just now joining them, he slowly leans back. Looking at the stranger, he leans just his head this time, slightly to the left. Once again seeing the three traveling companions at another table, he leans back. "..um.. i beg your pardon good sir". Collecting up his shield, he quickly makes his way to the *correct* table and sits down much as if nothing happened. "We'll... that took a bit longer than i had expected. So how is it you know Amier".
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2008-02-25 at 04:40 PM.
    ~Ayr

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

The stranger appears to pay no heed to Ryesean and continues to eat his soup occasionally glancing up at the table from which the knights companions are seated.

Ryesean
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel that the dark stranger is watching the party but not watching you specifically. You get the feeling that he is watching the elf that is with you, Yuri. The strangers build suggest that they are either a small female human or an elf, you cannot tell without seeing the individuals face. You find it weird that he paid little attention to you when you sat at his table.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

The stranger suddenly without warning stands up whipping back his hood and addresses Yuri. "I see you looking at me, staring at my face. I HATE you and the rest of your kind. It is not enough that you exile me but you come here to follow me and mock me." The stranger is an elf but he has a large scar upon his right cheek. You can tell by the way this elf's cloak falls that he is armed but he has no weapons drawn.

Yuri - You feel that this elf is taunting you, trying to get a reaction.

If you speak Elvin
    Spoiler
    Show
    The scar on this elves face is the symbol for outcast.
    If you are an elf or Knowledge Local 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    In elvin culture, if you are outcast from the community, you are branded for your crime and left to fates. No elf will acknowledge you or aid you. They are not bound by the same pacifist rules that elves are bound by.

Yuri
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have never seen this elf before in your life
    Last edited by crimson77; 2008-02-27 at 12:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Franklin

Franklin slams his spoon to the table and Olin looks up and growls at the intruder. "Can't you see we are eating here? What's it to you that people in a tavern are looking at the creepy guy in the hood? If you don't want people to look at you, I suggest that you don't be creepy! And if you're gonna be starting something in this fine establishment, I suggest you think twice, or at the very least head outside so that those of us who don't want to be involved and enjoy our dinner!"

Spoiler
    Show

{table] Franklin| Halfing| Druid| LVL 3 | CN |Small
    hp: 24/24 | | Spd 20| AC/T/FF | 15/13/13 | leather
    Melee Atk |+3 staff | dmg: 1d4 | Ranged |+6 sling | dmg: 1d3
    SV | Fort +4 | Ref +4 | Wil +6||
    STR 10 | DEX 15 | CON 14 | INT 14 | WIS 15 | CHA 8
    Skills|Spot +4|Listen+6|extra|extra|extra
    [/table]
    Olin
    {table] Olin| Riding Dog| Animal| 4HD | N |Med
    hp: 13/13 | | Spd 40| AC/T/FF | 16/12/14 | armor
    Melee Atk |+3 bite | dmg: 1d6+3 | | |
    SV | Fort +5 | Ref +5 | Wil +1||
    STR 15 | DEX 15 | CON 15 | INT 2 | WIS 12 | CHA 6
    Skills|Spot +5|Listen+5|Jump +8|Swim +3|Survival +1
    [/table]
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-02-27 at 01:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

The stranger continues to stare deeply at Yuri as if he could not even hear the words of Franklin. "Come on elf, tell all what you did to me. Your hate and loath for me runs deeply. You sit there all high and mighty as if you do not know me. I will not forget the past!" The strange elf continues to make threatening gestures without actually drawing any weapons. Everyone's attention in the Inn seems to be focused upon this elf at the moment.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Melee Atk -> |+5 dual sickles|dmg: 1d6+2(x2)|||Spot: +2|
    |+7 sickle|dmg: 1d6+2|||Listen: +2|

The fiery-haired elf seems too embroiled in observing the room - letting his supper get cold in the process - to notice his ranting brethren. It's only when an uncomfortable silence settles over the room that he feels a hatred emanating at him. Turning to the source of the disturbance, he has a confused look on his face as he takes a few moments to reconstruct what the exile had said.

"My fellow elf, I know not what you mean.
    I've come to mock about the past?
    Exiled you from your home, put you to shame?
    A claim like that is false, and crass.

My friends and I came to this inn to sup.
    Not pick a fight with hobos.
    Exile an elf? I'm a renegade too.
    (I hope this won't come to blows...)

I present, if you will, Exhibit A.
    My hair, good Sir, is not the norm
    For elves of my city, far to the north
    A place for which I'm not forlorn.

If that is not proof enough,
    I'm not as hesitant to ward off fools
    As our bretheren worldwide -
    So silence, lest on the floor your blood pools."

His demeanor continually brightens, as if telling a story, despite the seriousness the last sentence would normally carry.

Actions:
    Ready an action - to draw both sickles upon the production of a weapon on the other elf's part.
    Last edited by Chu; 2008-02-27 at 09:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Upon hearing Yuri's replay the strange elf frowns and replies in a mocking manner,
    "You speak the truth?
    I believe you not.
    You speak to me?
    Against your brethren's wishes?

I will see you again I am sure,
    We will see how that ends.
    I know not when.
    So leave me alone!"

The stranger then jumps up upon his table then off crosses the room. He jumps on the hunters table kicking over their bowls as he hurls himself through the door and out into the snow in just a quick few seconds.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2008-02-27 at 10:55 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Franklin

"Oh, that's just lovely. Made ourself a new firend, have we?"

"Hmm, I guess he won't be needing the rest of his meal, eh? Olin you want seconds?"
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-02-28 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Olin's seconds

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    [/table]

Spells
    {table]Level 0 | Level 1
    6 | 6
    Read Magic | Identify
    Touch of Fatigue |
    Prestidigitation |
    [/table]

Seth watches with mild amusement at the exchange between the two elves. Whispering to his owl the bird takes to the air and circles in a wide arc in the dining area. Seth's bright green eyes get a glazed look to them and at the same time almost seem as if electrically charged. His fingers wave slightly as if preparing something as he waits for the conclusion of the exchange.

A disappointed look fills Seth's eyes as the instigator leaps from floor to table and then out the door. Looking over to franklin "Distractions always ruin a dinner. You sure you want your animal to feed from another's troth? At least you didn't loose your dinner like the others. Seth flicks a thumb over his should at the table of hunters cleaning themselves off. Making a chittering noise Seth calls GrenShaw back to his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff|1d20+8||
    [/table]

GranShaw(Owl)
    Challenge Rating:
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2008-02-28 at 12:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ryesean Dor
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table] Ryesean Dor| Human| Cavilier| LVL 3 | LG |size
    hp: 27/27 | | 20| AC/T/FF | 18/10/18| Splint & H Shield
    STR 15 | DEX 10 | CON 14 | INT 12 | WIS 8 | CHA 13
    Skills|Spot -1|Listen -1|extra|extra|extra
    [/table]

• * Can function up to -3 HP (modified DieHard... -1/Level)
      * Aura of Protection

Temperance (Light Warhorse)
    Spoiler
    Show

[/table]

Charity (PAck Mule)
    Spoiler
    Show

[/table]

Ryesean nods in agreement "Twas a bit rude, granted i'm not nearly as versed in Elvin Custom as i am in the ways and means of local court. Tell me... Yurry... was it? What was that all about?"
    Last edited by Ayrynthyn; 2008-02-29 at 01:04 PM.
    ~Ayr

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

You continue having polite conversation as you finish your meal. The food tastes good after the long day of walking. The barmaid calls out that the bath water is hot for those who wish a bath. Some of you take a bath and then you all head off to bed.

The beds are hard but do not smell like many of the inns in the city. You can hear the wind howling outside as your eyelids become heavy. Before you realize it the barmaid is banging a pot in the dinning room shouting that breakfast is ready.

You stumble out of bed stiff from the long day and help yourself to the warm breakfast which was included in your nights stay. Over breakfast you settle your dept with the barmaid. The fresh bread and warm meat taste good. She makes sure that she has a slice of raw meat for Seth.

[OOC: Make sure you mark off coins for the Inn stay, your dinner, ale, and bath (if you took one).]

A short time after breakfast you are on the road once again. In the night a few inches fell upon the grown. The snow snaps and crunches as you continue on your way north. The sun is shining and by noon some of the snow is melting.

After a full days march, which was filled with more small talk then the day before you make camp. After figuring out a watch schedule and having some more stale rations you climb into the tent for a cold night. The bedroll and tent offer little protection from the cold and you long for the warmth of the inn listening to the fire crackle in the fire place as you drift off to sleep.

The morning is filled with stiff muscles and sore bones as you break camp and continue heading north. There is a grumpy mood from lack of sleep and feeling cold to the bone as you continue your journey. The sky is overcast with a strong wind blowing from the northeast.

Around midday, snow starts to fall lightly at first but it continues throughout the day. You notice that the trail is getting harder to travel on. There seems to be more rocks and uneven ground. At several places you have to hook up an additional horse to the wagon to get through some difficult terrain.

As the sun starts to creep down the horses are struggles to walk through the snow and the wagon is struggling to be pulled through the snow. The wind is howling from the northeast and chilling to the bone. As you wonder how you will get the tents up in this wind you see a clump of trees and as you get closer you notice that this clump of trees is actually surrounding a rock cluster. The large rocks and trees offer some protection from the howling wind and snow. You notice a light coming from an opening in the rocks which appears to be a doorway. The "doorway" appears to be cracked open with a faint light shinning out into the cold dark world.

[MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show

Franklin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel a strange but faint kinship with this land. Could this be an old druid grove?
    [Knowledge Nature: DC 15]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a past druid grove.
    [Knowledge Nature: 20]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A dark presence tainted this place decades ago and the druids did not return.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    [/table]

Spells
    {table]Level 0 | Level 1
    6 | 6
    Read Magic | Identify
    Touch of Fatigue |
    Prestidigitation |
    [/table]

Waking Seth walks to the dinning are in the inn as he stretches. His spine crackles and a soft moan of relief. Sitting at the table Seth's stomach rumbles with hunger and looks to the others enjoying their meal around. Nodding his thanks to the barmaid he cuts the raw meat into small bites and feeds them to GrenShaw. The owl gobbles each piece quickly and eagerly waits for more. When finished with breakfast he tosses his coin on the table and walks out of the inn grabbing up a piece of bread on his way.

As the groups walks for the day he falls slightly back. Turning his head and dropping his mask he quickly takes a few larges bites of bread to calm his growling stomach. As quickly as he dropped it he replaces it and catches back up to the others. Seth flicks his shoulder speaking the word hunt and GrenShaw takes to the air. GrenShaw is seldom around company as Seth is seldom around company. The owl has always enjoyed observations from others and does some minor aerial acrobatics as he swoops in and out of the members of the group looking for prey.

During the first night of camp Seth quickly chokes down his meal. The whole time watching the group for any signs they are waking. With his belly quieted he finishes his watch and prepares for another journey in the cold weather.

After another long day of traveling and struggling to get the tents up he looks for another alternative to a night in the howling wind and blowing snow. It is then that he notices the doorway and light. "How odd." He says loud enough for the others to hear but speaking to no one in particular. Seth moves to the door and peers into the cracks that the light seems to be emanating from. "What do you suppose this is? To odd a place to be any kind of residence or inhabitant. Perhaps a store room or a thieves shelter."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff|1d20+8||
    [/table]

GranShaw(Owl)
    Challenge Rating:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Seth looks inside the cracked open stone door. The room the door opens into is a smaller chamber. The ceiling is lit up by a large stone admitting light, similar to a sun. Ornate stone carvings cover the walls with depictions of trees, men, and animals living in harmony. There is a stone door directly across from the present door leading to the east.

Upon the floor of the room lies a frozen body. There does not appear to be any blood. From your vantage point you do not see how he might have died.

22. - Top - End - #52

Franklin

"It reminds me of one of them nature-y hermit types." Franklin sniffs the air. "Something like that, maybe, druidic." Franklin looks about for any further information, but gets nothing besides a vague impression.

Franklin follows Seth inside.

Spoiler
    Show

Nature - (1d20+6)[12]
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-03-02 at 11:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [/table]
    [/table]

Spells
    {table]Level 0 | Level 1
    6 | 6
    Read Magic | Identify
    Touch of Fatigue |
    Prestidigitation |
    [/table]

"It seems there is a being in the middle of the floor. He looks frozen and quite dead. The weave caught another note to add to it's song." Seth moves to the frozen being and crouches down on his haunches looking the body over. "It seems this thing has died peacefully enough." Seth stands and looks about the chamber to the other door. He scratches under GrenShaw's chin calming the owl.

Spoiler
    Show

Move to d5
    Bluff|1d20+8||
    [/table]

GranShaw(Owl)
    Challenge Rating:
    Last edited by Wildboy; 2008-03-02 at 11:43 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show

Seth moves inspects the body, the half-elf seems to have been stabbed in the back. You figure that he died somewhere else and then his body was left here. The door to the east has a similar depictions as the walls.

25. - Top - End - #55

Franklin

"Well, even with the body, it looks like a much warmer place to spend the night than anywhere else. These wall paintings seem to confirm my suspision of druids. I wonder if they left any messages for us to find? If anyone finds any characters or language they cannot read, please tell me."

Franklin inspects the room for anything that would tell him of what occurred here, especially the druidic language.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

[MAP]
    Spoiler
    Show

Franklin
    Spoiler
    Show

Franklin inspects the walls of the cavern. They are covered with detailed carving with druidic symbols and words. They cavern seems to tell the story of the creation of the world. Symbols that seem to be common are those of peace, tranquility, and harmony. There are some symbols you do not know the meaning of and a few that seem to be an older fashion of writing. You begin to gather evidence that this was once/still is a meeting place of the druids. You find it strange that there is a layer of dust and grime on all of the symbols as if no one had taken care of them in quite some time.

There is no evidence that the half-elf has been killed here (i.e., no blood on the ground)

The half-elf is dressed in traveling clothing. He does not appear to have any weapons upon his body. You can tell that a belt has been ripped from his pants. His body has nothing of worth upon it.

27. - Top - End - #57

Franklin

"Druids left here a while ago; place hasn't been taken care of well since. Can't tell what ran them off." Franklin looks concerned at the idea.

"Any one getting the heebee jeebees at the thought of camping here? And does someone what to check that back door?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

The door to the east

If you inspect it:
    Spoiler
    Show

Nearing the door you notice that it has similar carving to the walls. There is no door latch but one of the images of a man is reaching up and his hand becomes as large as a normal humans. There also appears to be a keyhole drilled into the rock. The keyhole seems to not fit in with the overall decor of the room and seem almost out of place.

If you press your hand on the stone hand
    Spoiler
    Show
    You place your hand upon the cold stone hand and for a second you feel a faint warmth then cold stone again. Nothing happens, the door does not open or move

If you try to pick the lock
    Spoiler
    Show
    please roll in IC

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Melee Atk -> |+5 dual sickles|dmg: 1d6+2(x2)|||Spot: +2|
    |+7 sickle|dmg: 1d6+2|||Listen: +2|

Shrugging as the angered elf leaps out of the commins, Yuri turns back to his meal, giving the now-cold supper an unenthusiastic poke. Looking to Rhysean to respond, he smiles non-chalantly.

"The cause for his anger, I fear,
    Is I followed, to mock him, here.

Throughout the rest of the night, despite his characteristic carefree facial expressions, he's taking less interest in staring around the room - a sign, perhaps, of the limited sobriety that overcame the elf.

That passes, however, as the morning dawns, a night in a firm, comforting bed doing wonders to the crimson-haired elf. He spends breakfast persistently asking the barmaid where the inn gets it's food, or if her "assets" were magically-enhanced or not.

Back on the road again, Yuri behaves much as before, running to and fro, though sometimes taking the time to get in on conversations with his new comrades.

"The reason, I think, the elf thought I'm not out-cast,
    Is 'cuz exiled elves get scars on their face, made to last.

But, as you can see, I'm different from him;
    I wasn't kicked out of my home, I left on a whim."

Upon reaching the cave/hovel, Yuri prances about, "investigating" - though it was honestly more just cursory glancing-at - the surrounding area before settling down in the doorway once the other had filtered in. Noticing the elf's body on the floor, he gives a chuckle.

"Perhaps it's our crazy friend,
    Who's come to an untimely end?"

Walking over to the body, he draws a sickle, using one of the blades to move the elf's head so he could see if there were any scars.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Yuri -
    You inspect the body and realize that it is a half-elf male without any scaring upon his face. He seems to be dressed in traveling clothing and by the looks of him, he must have been traveling for some time. The ends of his garments are tattered and worn down. His boots are soiled in caked frozen mud.