New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Mekton Z: Operation Blackhand

Anzen

"My interest is just in keeping as low a profile as possible... Hm. I guess I'm really just trying to figure out an option that confuses our enemies as much as possible. Any chance of getting some IFF beacons that identify us as Jovian units? I know it wouldn't stand up to visual confirmation... but a few seconds of hesitation is a wonderful thing..."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Isaac
    "I see. So as long as we go north by northwest we won't run as much risk of running into any Jovi patrols. That's slightly reassuring."

Pausing a moment in thought he continued "What's this Planetary Milita like?"

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for the short post, head cold is bogging me down.
    Old Avatar by Doran Liadon. Current Avatar from System Default

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

The officer gave a sheepish smile to anzen
    "afraid IFF transponders are beyond me, once you make contact with out boys in the city, you can get them to fix you up with a few, they should have hacked police one's if nothing else."

Turning to Issac he shask his head.
    "No no no, don't head west, leat not till your ready, that's the Jovori Zone of Control."
    He hold out a data pad and it projects a much larger map.
    "You all should have this info already but doesn't hurt to get a refresher."
    Spoiler
    Show

He points about the map.
    "The red markers are Jovi divisions, green are ours. We're north west of Port City Zentra right now. Southeast of here is the rendezvous point, and then to Zentra. Some major enemy stations are listed too. Feel free to download a copy, you can also get better maps inside the city."

***EDIT***
    [OOC: oops forgot to answer Issacs question]

He rubs his hand together for a brief moment.
    "The Planetry Militia..."
    He say rather disdainfully,
    "Collaborator every damn one of them, it was started by a few wealthier residents of the planet that wanted to keep their fortunes. After the invasion force gained control of most of the planet, a bunch of them decided that staying loyal is not profitable and offered to join our new governors."
    Still shaking his head,
    "The PM is well supplied and funded. Drawn up largely from Jovi loyalists, and collaborator. I have heard some units are convict units but overall their nothing compare the the Jovi Guards on the planet. Their discipline and moral is low, but occasionally puts up a good fight. Far more dangerous than the police though, when in mass."

[EDIT****
    ooops ok I swapped the colors in this post, the correct color is green is gredorian and Red is Jovori sorry about the confusion

All maps now reflect the correct colors once again sorry about the confusion
    ]
    Last edited by zyirion; 2008-02-27 at 08:44 PM.
    "Men are basically smart or dumb and lazy or ambitious. The dumb and ambitious ones are dangerous and I get rid of them. The dumb and lazy ones I give mundane duties. The smart and ambitious ones I put on my staff. The smart and lazy ones I make my commanders."
    von Clausewitz's "On War."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Isaac
    "Looks like we have more to worry about than just the military. I bet this Planetary Militia will make it harder to gather information within the city as well. Oh well, just makes the job more exciting," Isaac said with a grin.

Taking a copy of the world map and putting it together with the city map given earlier he felt ready to depart for the rendezvous point.

Turning to his two fellow planetary stowaways Isaac says informally, "Alright, I'm ready to head out. You guys ready?"

Spoiler
    Show

Ah, I see what happened. Zyirion, was the city map you posted earlier upside down? The red dot for the rendezvous point was at the top of the map so I assumed north. My bad.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Anzen

Settling himself onto the snowbike, Anzen puts on his goggles. "Ready when you are." He starts his bike, and prepares to leave with the other two.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Beowulf waited patiently for the others, burning through another cigarette in the process.

He couldn't shake an uneasy suspicion that things were just not clicking the way they were supposed to. He chalked it up as the initial disarray of a new unit forming, and matters weren't helped that the Mission Commander wasn't present, but there was also something else...

It nagged at him, but he's suffered through worse. Much, much worse. And these things eventually work themselves out.

"Let's get our equipment into the city," Beowulf said, slipping him a few credits for his troubles, then waiting for him to be well out of earshot. He was awfully well informed for a bribed custom official and hoped he wasn't bright enough to piece together too much with what he overhead from the three of them.

"Now lets hope nothing has changed too much in the city and our contacts are still in one piece," Beowulf mumbled as his snow mobile whined into the steady snowfall.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Fisher - We're well north and a bit west of the city, being how you don't want re-entry vessels touching down too close to populated areas. Southeast takes us on a strait line to the rendezvous point and then the city proper.
    Last edited by kuro_zero; 2008-02-27 at 08:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

The Journey to the rendezvous point was a bit under an hour, avoiding the roads, the team traveled in silence and darkness, only the muffle engines of the snow mobiles and rushing wind accompany the group. The snowy dunes is interlaced with partially burnt pine forests, and blasted craters the snows has yet to fill.

The group stop near the rendezvous point, and examines area. A small camp is built near the point it is unlit and does not appear occupied.

Beowulf
    Spoiler
    Show

Maybe it was the wind in his hair, or perhaps it was his new brand cigarettes, but Beowulf was unnaturally alert and aware of his surroundings as he approached. His senses peered out into the darkness, around trees and behind rocks, it was almost a zen moment. And this incredible new sense found a battered and worn planet... the forest are burnt and dead, the land is cratered and blasted, covered in ash and snow. A lone figure sat near a unlit sloppily built camp, from her posture she was obviously a Gredorian soldier, her rifle form was text book perfect, she peered out through the scope at her surroundings.

Off in the distance, high above him he hears the low pops of parachutes opening, four perhaps five of them, judging by the turbine noise of the departing plane they are likely to be friendly.

Anzen
    Spoiler
    Show

The base appears deserted, it looks as though the encampment was made fairly recently, and in a hurry. At this distance in the darkness, not much else can be made out.

Issac
    Spoiler
    Show

Issac easily spot the person near the camp, a rifle and scope ready in hand. His identity is hard to make out in the darkness. The camp appears to have been built in a hurry, or some one without skill though pretty well camouflaged its configuration is similar to a foxhole. (This obviously rules out hunters) Issac thought to himself.

Celine
    Spoiler
    Show

Celine was able to hear the sounds of several snow mobiles, long before they came with in visual range, three of them appeared on a snow mobile each, and stopped near her camp. Through her amplified goggles she was able to make out that all three were men and are in civilian clothing, one of them appears to be armed.

[OOC:
    awareness rolls in the dice forum here
    Not sure where you placed your self in relation to the camp Celine so I placed you slightly out of the way from it.

Lets do some quick introduction now that everyone is finally together, and get the show on the road.
    ]
    "Men are basically smart or dumb and lazy or ambitious. The dumb and ambitious ones are dangerous and I get rid of them. The dumb and lazy ones I give mundane duties. The smart and ambitious ones I put on my staff. The smart and lazy ones I make my commanders."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Beowulf would've preferred a more subtle delivery method for everyone else's equipment but considering the time constraints he figured there was little time for much else. Now, if anyone with half a brain was looking...

"Lieutenant," he said briefly with a curt salute. Not one to dwell on ceremony he gets to business while fishing out another cigarette. "Seems they air dropped your equipment but I had them keep my stuff inside the city. Not sure what the plan is, but I was told you're the mission commander, ma'am." The last added belatedly, while he lit the smoke. Beowulf wished he bought more than a single carton with him.

Looking around he tries to approximate the drop location. Would be one helluva start if they dropped it on top of 'em.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness - Base 16 + highest of = (2d10)[4][3](7)

[OOC = Might be a good idea to hold a strategic meeting in the OOC thread here]
    Last edited by kuro_zero; 2008-02-27 at 11:21 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Isaac
    Approaching the campfire and setting down his supplies the mechanic introduced himself to the waiting 4th member of the team.

"1st Lieutenant Isaac Cronos checking in," he said accompanied with a simple salute. "Any trouble getting here?"

When formalities are finished, Isaac will await instructions. In the past his role has been in the mechanic bay, not staging missions. Offering insight when appropriate, he'll leave the main planning to the experts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks guys, I didn't realize till after rereading one of the earlier posts. Got it down now.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Anzen

Quietly sizing up the newcomer, Anzen nods to himself. Saluting briskly, he gets up off his snowmobile, holstering his pistol on his hip as he moves. "Right. Lets get our mecha warmed up and start moving. We have a rendezvous in Zentra to get to." Looking around warily, he pauses. "Unless there is a reason to delay?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Smiling back at Isaac she replies in a low voice. "Yes Lieutenant Isaac, there was trouble. I'll tell you about it later."
    "Good to see you men." she addresses them all, then reaches into one of two dufflebags next to her feet and into her own pockets and produces several items per grab.
    "I requisitioned these items for you at my own expense and danger. If you find them not useful or superfluous then please keep them in storage somehow on yourself or in the compartment in my mekton as we can trade them in later. And the money is a loan if you want it." she adds with a smile.
    Celine quickly doles out a number of items, a light bar for each with two batteries, a canteen filled with water and two day-ration packs, a breather, two stun-stims, a sleep pill, a poison neutralizer, a speed heal, a synth-flesh spray, four painkillers, 100 credits.
    "Here's two silencers." she offers up, holding two scoped smartguns, needle and sniper rifle, for inspection with detachable silencers. "And 600 rounds of DU rifle ammo and sleep poison and venom for the needler."
    "Also I brought along 10 sleep grenades, five frags, five phosphorous, one amp each." she hands out to the two who aren't wearing one. "Four uniforms of either nationality, shifts of rugged civilian refugee clothing. A patch kit for each of you and a medikit if you do not have one and a survival kit. There are more meds, supplies, repair tools, hi-tech and other supplies in here for any eventuality." she strokes the bag. "And more coming down from the sky. I'm sure we can requisition backpacks if your fatigues won't hold it, and as noted, anything you find excessive from the sky can go in the cargo compartment."

"Help me raise the camp Isaac, while you... Beowulf and Anzen I believe." she says, looking at them. "Watch the perimeter while you locate the landing positions of our incoming equipment and take prudent action as you deem necessary or practical."

As Isaac gets a head start on packing up the tent Celine undresses down to her underwear then puts on her compressed spacesuit again with the helmet retracted, with the worn civilian clothings covering her body superficially. Then she gets to her task and helps the Lieutenant finish up.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-02-28 at 03:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Before the team can begin clearing the camp, the paradrops floated over the camp, four large covered pallets landed near the eastern side, each look over 40m squared, their retro rockets kicking up small clouds of ash and snow.

A tall thin man walked out of the cloud, he has a long sharp face, with short graying hair brushed back. Wearing a Gredorian Major's uniform, he peered out at the camp from squinted eyes. Apparently locating his target he headed towards the only woman in the group, Behind him as the dust settles, several other men can been seen about the pallets unsecuring the equipment around them.

He walks up to Celine,
    "Captain, please assemble your squad."
    He then gestures to the the men scrambling about the pallets.
    "All pilots and support personnel please report to me, all remaining persons shall continue with detachment procedures"

Three men and one woman, left the group and joined the gathering. One male and one female, both in pilot suits assembled next to the major. They both looked to be in their early twenties, the man is of average height with nondescript features. He has short brown hair and droopy brown eyes, giving him a sleepy look. The young woman currently looks somewhat disheveled, the long blond hair spread about her shoulders, that still complement her fair skin and almond shape green eyes, her pilot suit looks dirty and in disarray, but the tight suit accentuate her curves well, even in this state she can't be anything other than beautiful.

The other two men looks to be in the late 40's. First is a man of slightly above average height, but with a great girth and solid build, He has stubbaring a deep blue coveralls stained in grease, his hairy but powerful forearm marks him as a man not to be taken lightly. He took to one knee on the snow at the edge of the gathering. The final man is of similar build as the major, with gray hair and a receding hair line. He has a monocle over his right eye. Even while walking to the group he is constantly typing on his notebook.

Once all have gathered, the Major spoke in a monotone voice.
    "Morning everyone, I am Major Anthony G. Stiltmen. And it is a pleasure to welcome you all as part of Operation Blackhand."
    The pleasure completely lacking from his voice.
    "Despite my rank, I am not your commanding officer, I'm here strictly to fill a support role, I'll be managing your logistic, and serve as your liaison to our forces stationed here."

"Now I like to introduce you all to your commanding officer captain Ellesviel,"
    He gestures to the stunning brown haired woman next to him.
    "Captain Ellesviel is one of our top aces in the entire fleet, some of you might know her by her call sign Stalker, with over 200+ confirmed kills, before she was transfered to the ground forces."
    Pausing for a moment
    "Dismiss any rumors you might have heard, I have every confidence in her ability to lead this mission to a successful end. We all should be very glad that she is on this mission with us."
    An empty smile filled his face as he said this.
    The other two pilots seemed very uneasy as he said her callsign.

Turning to Issac,
    "1st Lieutenants Cronos is your second in command. He has a record of exemplary service with the Elite 87th RGT on K-12, he experience there will gave us a valuable advantage during key parts of this mission. I also understanding you were an assistant to Dr. Hevel?"
    Without wait for an answer.
    "She was a brilliant researcher..."
    Pausing again.

"Warrant officer Genir..."
    A disturbingly wolfish grin appeared on his face.
    "You came... very, highly recommended..."
    Sizing Beowulf up.
    "I am certain, that you will not disappoint."
    Not caring for a reply

"2nd Lieutenant Anzen rounds out the force sent to us by high command."
    Looking at the two other pilots.
    "He is just like you two, very new to the force but shows great potential."

"On my end I like to introduce, ensign Alison Ittora, and ensign Richard Lohngram."

He turns to the two pilots
    "Ensign Ittora is the best pilot by far, best of her class at the naval flight school."
    Alison gave a bright smile and a thumbs up to everyone, at the mention of her scores.
    "I'm also the 2nd best shot!" she added happily
    "Ensign Lohngram is a electronic warfare expert at the naval technical school, also, the best of his class."
    The major continued.
    Richard give a non committal grunt at the mentioning of his name.

"Aaron Bennit is our chief technician." He gestures to the stout man kneeling in the snow.
    The gruff man looks up at everyone with a crooked smile
    "You break them, I fix them! I get paid per repair, so be as rough as you want!!"
    His smile got bigger at the mention of his pay.
    "Last but not least, Doctor Johan Krautz, his is our chief medical officer for this team."
    The doc still typing away on his note book complete ignoring everyone.

"Now before I go into the situational briefing, are there any general questions?"
    Folding his arms before him he looks each and everyone in the eyes.
    Aside from a few empty smiles and the wolfish grin earlier, his expression remains unchanged.

[OOC: yeah pretty slow at work today, The major will give a indepth intel brief, in a moment, actually only if the afternoon proves to be just as slow. Maps for sure won't be up till I get home though.]
    Last edited by zyirion; 2008-02-28 at 05:41 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar

13. - Top - End - #43

"Nein Sir." Celine answers, with a slip of another tongue as she is just settled into her new clothes and she snaps to attention with a respectful nod and smile that makes full eye-contact with him that conveys her relief and pleasure at his presence on the campaign, and her promotion and that she didn't quite get around to handing over her equipment and cash to her companions. "There are a few more exhaustive points I need to go over with you later, I have also received information that the elite unit, enemy callsign 'Bloodhound'* is stationed on this planet as reserve."
    "Bennit, I hope switching fusion cores and modifying weapons are part of your pay grade." she adds with a friendly grin.
    "Pleased to meet you all." she states sincerely, sizing up everyone overtly and making eyecontact.

Spoiler
    Show
    I went ahead and made up a name for her nemesis. It's ok? I might be mistaken, but did the Major bring a replacement pilot? Or are the two of them aeroforce and tanker? Well, I guess we might always pick up pilots and replacement suits down at the archipelago if we get there in time. If we go... ;)
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-02-28 at 06:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

"Very well captain, we will address those issues, at a later time."
    Seeing no more questions, he took out a PDA from his pocket and started the brief.

"Now, the current strategic situation is grim, so realized support for our operation, despite the high priority will be limited. We have a sizable 5th column in the city of Zentra, in the slums. That will be the staging point for this operation."

"Zentra city is the life line for near by Zentra Space Port, which am sure that most of you have seen. The city has about 300,000 residence and another 250,000 or so squatters and refugees."

A map is projected from his PDA
    Spoiler
    Show

"The city's total police force numbers about 5,000, they have access to numerous light APC, usually variants on the Type 98 and what ever else that can get from the local PM regiments. About 2 dozen have be modified to be equipped with the ATM-3 LOSAT (Line of Sight Anti Tank) Missiles. These missile are armed with a high yield HEAP warhead. "

Type- 98
    Spoiler
    Show

Code:
    Type 98 Light Armored Car 

Crew: 2 Driver:1 Gunner:1  
    Passenger: 2
    Armament: 1x 10mm MG (5d6, BV5, 500 Rounds, 32-500m)
    Armor: 11.5mm (12h SP)
    Dimensions: L 3.7m W2.02m H1.7m
    Weight: 3.35tons 
    Powerplant: PevKot EX 1T (Powercell)
    Speed: 10h
    4 Road Wheels (5H each)

Type 98M Light Armored Car 

Crew: 2 Driver:1 Gunner:1  
    Passenger: 2
              1x LOSAT 3T Missle(10K, 4 Reloads, 6h-24h,) 
    Weight: 3.37tons 
    4 Road Wheels (5H each)

Type 98B Light Armored Car 

Crew: 3 Driver: 1 Gunner:2  
    Passenger: 1
              1x 15mm MG (7d6, BV3, 500 Rounds, 50-500m)   
    Weight: 3.38tons 
    4 Road Wheels (5H each)

"Our main threat here is the Planetary Militia. The PM maintains a single mixed battalion here in the city. It boasts one regiment of mecha, and two regiments
    of mechanized infantry, remaining two regiment are support and logistic units."

"despite being a designated as a regiment, the 18th Heavy Regiment haves only 28 operation units, most of these are old outdated military units, GCM-18 and variants, some are second line combat models or upgunned police and civilian models."

GCM-18
    Spoiler
    Show

Code:
    Model GCM-18

Weight     Cost
    Total	  41      114.2 

MV   LMA   FMA
    Humanoid:   -4    7     0

CP  SP  KL  ML+  ARM  TYP   Frame Wt: 30
    HH   04  04  04       04   Std   
    TT   08  08  08       04   Std
    RA   04  04  04  +0   04   Std
    LA   04  04  04  +0   04   Std
    RL   06  06  06  +2   04   Std
    LL   06  06  06  +2   04   Std
    PD   05  10  00       04

Type	Space  Control
    Cockpit Armored	   1   Screen

Sensor	TYPE   Range	Comm.   CP  SPC  KL  Loc
    Main 	HS	11	1300    06   01  02  H
    BKUP	BK	02	300     02   02  02  T 

Cost	Space	Kills
    Liftwire	0.3	   0	  0
    Spotlights	0.2	   0	  0
    Nightlights	0.5	   0	  0
    MicroManip X2     2	   2	  0
    Escap Pod	  2	   1      0

Cost	Space	MA   Loc
    Wheel            2        1     +2   LL  
    Wheel            2        1          RL

Range	 Weight
    Fuel	

Powerplant: Hot Fusion  XS:5

Hydraulics: Standard
    			Mult
    Arctic Protection  	.05
    Desert Protection	.05

Weapons		Range  Dmg  WA  Kill  BV  Shots  Wgt Space Cost Loc   
    Hand		   1	2    0    1		  .5    1    2  RA
    Hand		   1	2    0    1		  .5    1    1  LA
    Autocannon         4	2   -2    2    8    10b    1    5    6   T
    Hard point	   0    0    0    2    0     0     1    2    2  LA
    Rocket Launcher    7    4    0    3         10   1.5    4    4  HP
    Heavy Missile      24   12  +2         0     1    .5    3    3  PD

"The mechanized infantry regiments uses the Type 101 APCs and variants with a small number to Type 78 medium tanks. All the infantry are armed with a assault rifle and several grenades, some squads will carrier a support weapon , types will vary by mission."

APC 101
    Spoiler
    Show

Code:
    APC 101s Armored Personnel Carrier

Crew: 2 Driver: 1 Gunner:1  
    Passenger: 10
    Armament: 1x 15mm MG (7d6, BV3, 500 Rounds, 50-500m)   
    Armor: 25mm (1k SP)
    Dimensions: L 5.98 W2.49m H2.06m
    Weight: 13.98 tons 
    Powerplant: MISD (Powercell)
    Speed: 7h
    Half Tracked (snow model)
    -Track 4 1k wheels
    -Ski   2 1k ski

APC 101 Armored Personel Carrier

Crew: 2 Driver: 1 Gunner:1  
    Passenger: 10
    Armament: 1x 15mm MG (7d6, BV3, 500 Rounds, 50-500m)   
    Armor: 25mm (2k SP)
    Dimensions: L 5.98 W2.49m H2.06m
    Weight: 13.98 tons 
    Powerplant: MISD (Powercell)
    Speed: 7h
    Half Tracked (road model)
    -Track 4 1k wheels
    -Wheel 2 1k wheels

Type-78 Tank
    Spoiler
    Show

Code:
    Type-78 Medium Tank

Crew: 3 Driver: 1 Gunner:1 Commander: 1 
    Armament: 1x 10mm MG (5d6, BV5, 500 Rounds, 32-500m) Hull
              1x 10mm MG (5d6, BV5, 500 Rounds, 32-500m) Coaxle
              1x 76mm Rifled Gun(6k, 10 HE, 7hex)
                                     30 HE, 10 AP 10 HEBR1   
    Armor: 65mm (6k SP)
    Dimensions: L6.09m W2.98m H2.75m
    Weight: 30.9tons 
    Powerplant: V-2-34 (Hot Fusoin)
    Speed: 5h
    Tracked -Track 12 .5k wheels

"The following is a quick rundown of the prominent figures of the city"

"The head of the police is chief Taylor Shoels"
    The PDA projected a picture of an older dark haired man, with a neatly trimmed mustache. He wore a combination cap with dark sun glasses. "He was the deputy chief of the city just a little while ago. He took power when the Jovori took control of the city, by deposing of his superior."

"The deputy chief is Reison Teylon "
    The Picture Changed to a young man with light skin and a dark afro, he as a wild look in his eyes, and what appears to be artificially sharpen incisors.
    "He transfered here from a logistical unit in the Jovori Army, thanks to his father. He is not a very sane person and having a bit of power seem to have gone to his head."

"Mayor of the city, Fredrick Heim"
    A new picture appears, of an old sweaty man, he is complete bald and over weight, wearing an unflattering business suit, surrounded by attractive women."He was a former business tycoon that bought himself the position from the Jovori Military. Your standard corrupt city official."

"Mayor's personal assistant, Fritzgeradine 'Fritzy' Oulian."
    A seductive women in her late 20's shown up on the projection, she seems very confident and sure of her self in a provocative gray business suit.
    "She is also the mayor's mistress, despite her looks she is very intelligent and has a hand in pretty much everything that is going on in the city. She is likely the most influential person with the major power brokers here than anyone else."

"PM Commander Colonel Ghuri Kolath"
    A young man in a full dress uniform, complete with a sword. He has clean cut short blond hair, and blue eyes.

"His a political appointee, only 28 years old, he got where he is because of his father, neither inspiring nor competent, he can do little to affect the outcome of our mission."

"The second in command, Major Henri Kilsap."
    A mug shot of a man in his early 40s, he has short buzzed brown hair and dull brown eyes, and a permanent frown on his face.
    "A defector, was a sergeant in the our army, now work
    for the jovi's, I do believe he use to serve with you on Fiat, 2nd Lt Anzen."
    "He has numerous commendation from army high command, and is an accomplish veteran, known to inspire loyalties in his men, do not underestimate him."

"Are there any questions regarding this briefing?"
    He looks around the group.
    Last edited by zyirion; 2008-03-01 at 10:31 PM. Reason: spelling grammar

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler
    Show
    The same name (Henri Kilsap) popped up twice. Oh and btw., Celine has platinum hair with a blue stripe. But iffen ya wantz her to be a brunette, that is ok. ^^

"Major Stiltmen Sir, where is the cockpit located on the GCM? Any intel on the number of units at standby on the base? Does torching their hangars seem a reasonable solution to delay a response?" a nick throw of the head indicates Celine is simply brainstorming. She looks more seriously at Anthony...

"Sir, I'm worried about carrying out a mission so close to our hideout. Why have our agents not yet managed to extract the documents manually? I assume we have been brought here to force through a violent solution? At the moment I am leaning towards a strategy of blitzing in and simply focusing all firepower to quickly leave our former headquarters a crater unless the files are located underground or in a blast-proof cabinet in which case we would need a bomb, incendiaries or specific knowledge on which area to target. Your thoughts, Sir?"

Question
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do the vehicles have an internal kill rating to destroy besides their armor?
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-02 at 07:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Isaac
    In the midst of taking down notes on the key figures of the city, Isaac pauses to comment on Celine's question.

"I don't think that'd be wise 1st Lieutenant. If we suddenly attack in force we'll have every soldier, policeman, and militia member in the city breathing down our necks in no time. It would also reveal our purpose to the remaining units and soldiers elsewhere on the planet."

Returning to his notes, he puzzles over various figures. Starting to formulate the beginning of a strategy he asks the Major:

"Major Stiltman, what sort of communication power do the soldiers and militia possess within the city? Do they rely on a few long range communication towers or do they all have their own long range communicators? I'm worried that no matter what we do, word is going to get out.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Isaac"I don't think that'd be wise 1st Lieutenant. If we suddenly attack in force we'll have every soldier, policeman, and militia member in the city breathing down our necks in no time. It would also reveal our purpose to the remaining units and soldiers elsewhere on the planet."
    "Its Captain now, Isaac Cronos." she smiles at him with some flair.
    "I would agree with you, but we are on a time limit. Before the end of this campaign we will have to deal with the problem or move our base of operations."

She turns to look at Stiltmen.
    "Major? Do you agree with Isaac on this? Unless we have a terrific hidden base to operate from there is an inherent danger in staying in the area, exponentially so should we conclude the local objective ASAP by using the hardware given to us. Have you considered if it would be possible to draw us south to the Archipelago, Sir?"
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-06 at 08:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

The major looks over at young 2nd Lieutenant.
    "Do to the years of fighting on this planet, most of the infrastructure including communications have suffered heavy damage.The PM headquarters and the mayor's office is the only two buildings in the city equipped with long distance transmitters. Most everyone else use low power transmitters with ranges less than 400km. This also allows the mayor and the PM to monitor long distance transmissions in and out of the city."
    He take a moment to reads from his PDA.
    "All long distance communications from the city relies on a series of repeater tower scattered about the region to rely the data. Sometimes they can get a cruiser in orbit to relay the transmission."

Turning back to the Celine.
    "Now captain, only you can really answer your question, I am not to be involved in any operational planning, as my role here is purely logistics, High Command believes that having me, a Major to requisition your supplies would expedite the process, and show the ground forces here the importance of your mission. You are to carry out this mission with your best judgment, and if that judgment should lead you to decide to contact our remaining ground forces here, then feel free to do so."

Turning off his PDA and placing it back inside his jacket.
    "Since there a no more questions, this meeting is adjourned. We have gone through great trouble to obtain all that you have requested, double check your gear, you will find everything there."

He turns around and gestures for the Doctor and the Cheif Tech to follow him.
    "If you will excuse me, I must discuss some supply issues with the doctor and the chief."
    He stops and look back at everyone.

"The support units will move out in one hour, to ours base in the city, if you all are on a different course of action please inform me."

[OOC: ok everyones equipment has be acquired, your support units are in 3 heavy transports, kinda like military 18 wheeler transports. Three mecha can fit in each truck, plus supplies and one final truck for the mobile repair and surgery centers. If you guys don't want to go with the the support units then the you can begin planing for the mission here, other wise we will pick up once you guys are in the city slums, at the headquarters of the Gredorian fifth column. And Planing will start there.]
    Last edited by zyirion; 2008-03-08 at 03:37 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

Spoiler
    Show
    The cockpit location on the GCM, please?

"I read you loud and clear Sir. You are Quartermaster and Representative but not an advisor." Celine says, hoping she could get more information later on the tactical and strategical situation on the planet from the agents in the city.
    "OK boys, saddle up and stay in the truck where your Mekton is at all times except for essentials in case we are ambushed. Mission planning is scheduled for the city due to a lack of intelligence on how to complete the objective effectively and how to stay hidden or retreat afterwards should we have chosen to rush the objective."
    She double-checks her gear and loads up on the vehicle carrying her machine.

As soon as they get to the base Celine will resume asking the Major questions: If there is a bomb available (logistics), whether they would be ok if left behind by the Mekton Squad to complete assignments elsewhere ('I'd prefer not to leave you guys behind if that puts you in danger'), how transport will be accommodated for missions across the globe and who among the agents to speak to for further information in how to carry out the local objective.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-08 at 02:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Anzen

Anzen nods. "I will sleep in the cockpit." He straightens his holster, then begins to jog in the direction of his mech.
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-03-08 at 02:23 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Celine

"Excellent Anzen. Very professional." Celine notes with admiration.

Soon as she gets an opportunity at the base 'Deici' chats up Alison and Richard and the others for ideas on how they feel about the mission. She talks for two hours with the intelligence officers present and slowly begins to formulate a plan to destroy the old HQ in its entirety conventionally based on its frailty.
    The main problem would still be how to relocate to the Archipelago as she plans, taking along as many of their support functions as possible while minimizing risk.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-09 at 12:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

"Now here is my finished plan." she notes to them over a small map with some sketchings.

"We move our non-combat departments legally, without breaking the truce, to the archipelago. Then we blow up the headquarters and boost across the sea with an escort if we can attain it or if enemy interdiction is weak, otherwise we will have to rely on stealth and laying low after the mission before following suit."

Celine shows the plans to the Major and asks him for input and if there isn't an Operations Officer present to look them over.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-09 at 12:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Isaac
    Taking leave for the night, Isaac traveled from the camp to his mecha. The 13th Jinx seemed to be in good condition and operational. Isaac was thankful that the landing hadn't disrupted any of the sensitive systems.

Climbing up to the cockpit, he quickly initiated the AI. The familiar sound of the computer warming up was a welcome change compared to the cold wind and unfamiliar sounds from outside.

"Joker," he said, activating the AI. "Ready for another run of field duty?"

READY SIR, the computer responded.

"Good. Looks like tomorrow's going to be a long day."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

The trip to the city was uneventful, the major appears with all the right paper work and large sums of cash, leaving many happy and soon to be drunk guards at every check point passed through.

The city is in shambles, and the roads is filled with pot holes from war and disrepair. Most of the city seems to be with out power, with the exception of some large mansions in the center of the city and the police and military bases. The headquarters is nothing more than and collection of huts, and bombed out building in a make-do shanty town on the western side of the city, all the trucks were immediately covered and stowed into there hiding places, and rooms assigned to all the members, the four male pilots shared one room and the two female pilots another. The rooms are bare with barely enough furnishing to be comfortable.

Soon as everyone arrived, assigned rooms and informed of the meal times, all the pilots are ushered in the a meeting room, barely enough room for all its occupants, a single electric light dangles in the room, maps are sprawled about, with notes hastily scribbled on it. Several file cabinets and book shelfs is over flowing with documents. The Major was already there, he is currently chatting with another older man with a thin wiry frame. He barely glances up as you all enter.

As everyone take a seat, he crossed his fingers before him and speaks,
    "I am Commander Kondler, the major here called on a favor from me, and wanted me the help out with your operational planning, and after long discussion with you captain, have come to the decision of blowing up the old headquarters and all thats inside including the documents."
    He pauses for a moment and takes a deep breath,
    "I have drawn up the necessary plans base on the captains suggestions. There will be 3 teams, team one will be just you captain. Team two will consist of Ensign Lohngram and a person of your choice. Team three will whom every is left over."
    Opening up a city map an actual paper map.
    "Seeing everyone's stares, yes it a paper map, power delivery is erratic in this section of the city, and I'm old fashioned."
    Looking down at the map again his points one part or another as he spoke.
    "Back on topic, there is going to be a demonstration against the mayor tomorrow at his residence, about the lack of utilities and supplies in the city. It happens quite often, and we will take advantage of this to strike and the militia base. Team three in a capture police APC, will respond to the demonstration with excessive force in an attempt to spark a riot. Team two in position at the mayors residence mixed in with the crowd, when the fire works start to send a power surge into the residence and shut down its transmitters. Team one in a customized unmarked GCM-18 will do a drive by on the police station after it has dispatch some of its forces to respond to the riot. At which point team one and two shall during the firefight, disable the second transmitter at the police HQ. After the second transmitter is down, team tow and three will meet near the Milita base with your support personnel and get into GCM-18 with police markings. and All three teams with attack the base, and team two will plant the bomb, and detonate it as you all are transported outside the city. Which bring up my last point where is our next destination captain? And of course the meeting is opened to question and suggestions."He said and looks about the room.
    Ensign Lohngram spoke up first,"Do we really have to blow up the base, and more importantly do I have to be the one to set the bomb?"
    "Yes." Snapped commander Kondler "I do not tolerate cowards, you will do your duty."
    Ensign Lohngram whithered under his glare.

[OOC ok that the plan, any suggestion or changes in the roster, or want to do something differently now is the time. Otherwise the mission starts tomorrow sometime in the afternoon, the demonstrators are not very punctual.]

25. - Top - End - #55

"Isaac Cronos will accompany Lohngram." she says with a nod to the trust lieutenant pilot XO.
    "Anzen, Genir and Ittora will form the third team. I have the utmost faith in you all."

"Next destination is the archipelago, and I wish to bring the whole team. We must secure our next objective."

"This is a brilliant plan. Not only can we accomplish our objective... if the bomb is strong enough. It better be, the files could be protected inside a safe. We can also make the Mayor and Jovian forces more unpopular and it is more lowkey than my initial idea of using our mektons.
    We will have to exit quickly in order to make use of our window of escape. What mode of transportation will we be taken out of the city in?"
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2008-03-20 at 07:40 AM.