New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: France: Waltz of Dust

Patrice

A wicked grin forms on the face of the false madam. All too easy. Leaving a record is bad form, priest. I should know. I do it. Lets hope you are foolish enough to write without code. Sipping his wine as he goes, the priest edges out of the crowd. He loiters around in a different location, listening in idly on a few other conversations, partially for his own amusement, and partially to prevent making an issue of showing up and departing too quickly. After about 20 minutes, he withdraws towards the empty chapel, looking for a place to discard his disguise. I should remember this trick. No one ever bothers a surly looking woman at a party around dozens of friendly ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraneaux View Post
    Adventurers. Murderous hobos with near-deific power who are both merciless and incredibly competent at personal combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Patrice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Easily done, consider yourself undisguised at will. You do notice that Riq has appeared at the top of the stairs with two attractive ladies. Other than that, nothing of interest.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

3. - Top - End - #123

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Patrice

The priest spots Riq at the top of the stairs, and notes the two women on either side. Ah, progress. Or, a very good distraction. A change of personas is in order. A broad grin spreads across his face, and he ducks slightly to add a flush to his cheeks with his magical disguise, as if he has been drinking just a slight bit too much. He takes a sip of his wine and flushes it about his mouth quickly. With wine on his breath, and a hearty, jolly manner taken up, the now excessively merry priest walks to intercept the trio. Naberius, Guide my meaning to his mind..

Ah, Monseuir Kelborn! Fancy seeing you here. I didn't know you were coming. I have been meeting all the most fascinating people here. Did you know Father de Noialles was here? Fascinating fellow. Great theories on all sorts of things. I should think I should talk to him further. And the wine! The wine here absolutely amazing. I should think each glass should cots its weight in gold
    He shifts, as if noticing the women for the first time. Ah, Monseuir, you are with company! Do me the honor of introductions.

For Lepre as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Bluff to send a secret message to you. The DC is 20 for a complex message, and with a +12 to bluff and the ability to take 10 on bluff checks, you should get it clearly. The message is Guillaume and I talked to the Priest. I think he might be it, or at least involved. I am still following up on him.
    Also, a disguise check to appear intoxicated
    disguise - (1d20+13)[18]
    Adventurers. Murderous hobos with near-deific power who are both merciless and incredibly competent at personal combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riq Kelborn

Amused by the priests antics, Riq obligingly gestures towards Elaina,

"Of course Brother! It is my honour to introduce, the Lady of Mysteries and Shadow, Mademoiselle the Nameless."

Turning now towards Annabelle,

"Here we have the equally lovely Mademoiselle Annabelle.

Now ladies, allow to introduce Brother Patrice, a monk of Marseille and my spiritual adviser.

Tell me brother, have you seen Jacques LeBlanc anywhere? We were seeking him, and surely don't wish to interrupt your theological discussions with the good Father.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (d20+12)[20] to convince the ladies he really is my spiritual adviser.
    Spot (d20)[10]- to see Jacques
    Last edited by Lepre_Khan; 2008-02-29 at 02:44 PM.
    It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Charmed, I am sure Elaina nods.

Anabelle looks slightly concerned, Oh, but you sound sick, good sir. Surely you'd do better with some bed rest than with drink and debate?

Riq:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do not see Jeacques.
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2008-02-29 at 03:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Spoiled Flush Games

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Guillaume

Snagging a glass of red wine from a table as he passed, Guillaume slipped into one of the larger rooms at the palace, hoping to catch sight of his target.

Now...where are you, o captain my captain. Ah. There you are.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[23] Spot
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-02-29 at 03:05 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riq Kelborn

"Annabelle, he is a man of God. They rest through debate and discussion. Where as a man of world such as myself is wearied by such arts, a man of God finds himself rejuvenated through the furthered understanding of the Christ.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Guillarme:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nailed it

The Leak is dancing clumsily with an attractive woman, still apparently drunk. The clever observer might notice that his lunges and lurches, though emphatic, seldom if ever put him or anybody else in danger of a collision.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

9. - Top - End - #129

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Patrice

The priest bows extravagantly, A pleasure to meet you, Mademoiselles Shadow and Annabelle. And it is of no issue, I just catch minor colds. They bother me little by now. And no, I have not seen Jacques, unfortunately. He may be looking for military men, he expressed an interest in chatting with them.

In any case, I must move on.
    He gives a grin and a wink. As your spiritual adviser, I recommend having a good evening. He bows again, and walks off at a slight list.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, gotta get back into gear. Sorry aboiut the delay. I'd hate to think that I'm dragging down this FREAKIN' AWESOME game.

"Jacques LeBlanc, a Court Duelist, sir...Though I doubt my experience would be enough to call me a sir. I am very honoured to make your acquaintance." He says, with a slight air of pride mixed with respect and awe.

Spoiler
    Show
    What should I roll to remember some of his exploits?
    Last edited by Altharis; 2008-02-29 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Proudness=Pride, Duh!
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riq Kelborn

"Ah, Brother you see why I so trust your advice! It is sublime, a glimpse of the Divine Himself! Truly God has blessed you with wisdom and insight!"

As Patrice stumbles away, Riq begins to head into the crowd,

"Ladies, I apologize for my inability to find Jacques straight away. Still, as I'm sure you are well aware, it is no small feat to find just one brash young gentleman with a sword in a party such as this. France is plagued with dull young noblemen. Jacques however, is far from dull. Indeed, he saved my life back when I first came to Paris and has since forth remained my truest friend. There is not a man in the world possessing more honor than Jacques LeBlanc."
    Last edited by Lepre_Khan; 2008-02-29 at 05:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I keep forgetting my rolls.

Spot (d20)[20] to see a group of young military men. We wander around the party while doing this.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Guillaume

Having spotted his target, Guillaume does his best not to look at the man again. Instead, he settles against a wall, apparently focused on his wine, and watches out for those who might, in turn, be observing the man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+6)[7]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Patrice:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where are you going and what are you doing? Are you looking for anything/anyone?

Riq:
    There are a number of military men in attendance, though no group of young soldiers. You see Klein chatting up an older gentlemen with general's stars, a young, blonde captain drunkenly waltzing about the dance floor, two gentlemen in dress uniforms laughing about some exploit or another, but no sign of St. Pierre or Jacques.

However, you do notice the very rude gentlemen from before, the one you dispatched in front of Mademoiselles DeChamps' chambers. He locks eyes with you for a moment, notices that you are now with Elaina and Anabelle, then an expression comes over him not unlike that of a man who has accidentally swallowed a very hot pepper.

Jacques:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any relevant knowledge will do, nobility, local, or even history.

Alton St. Pierre, at your service, but please: dispense with the formalities! In my experience, fancy titles and in-court posturing is nothing compared to a man's character. Don't you agree?

Guillaume:

Some people are eying the spy, but they appear mostly to be gawking. Riq is on the balcony with two young ladies, and he, at least, seems to be giving the gentlemen some thought.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

15. - Top - End - #135

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Patrice

The priest slinks away to another secluded corner and begins to try and figure out what do to next.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riq Kelborn

Riq smiles grandly at the red-faced rude gentleman before sighing in exasperation,

"I can't seem to see him anywhere. Tell me, do either of you ladies know a Alton St. Pierre? If you are able to see him, my friend should be near by."

As he says this he steers the the ladies into the crowd, keeping an eye out for Jacques.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I can't seem to see him, if they can't I'm going to just make Gather Info checks to try and locate Jacques

Asking about Jacques: (d20+3)[8]

Asking about Cpt. St. Pierre: (d20+3)[13]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Riq:
    You don't spy Jacques, but you DO see the very rude gentlemen from before. He spies you next to Elaina and Anabelle, and becomes livid. His face noticibly flushing, he reaches for his sword, which, unfortunately (or fortunately?) for him isn't there- he checked it at the door.

He begins to make his way through the crowd toward you, but is a long way off.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riq Kelborn

"Well ladies, I hate to delay our hunt for Jacques, but it appears we have a rather rude gentleman coming our way. I'd just as soon not kill a man I've just met for a lady whose name I have yet to receive and so, I believe this would be a good time for a dance. My apologies Annabelle, but I'm certain a woman of your beauty can find at least one decent gentleman amongst these."

Saying this, Riq takes Elaina out onto the dance before she can think of a proper way to say 'no'.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no idea what to roll here.

Diplomacy (d20+13)[15]
    Bluff (Seduction) (d20+11)[17]
    Perform (Dance) (d20+3)[8]

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

Taking an inward sigh, Jacques immediatelky wipes away the feigned nervousness: "Quite right sir! If I may say so myself, when words turn to burning insults, all that matters is both the inner mettle and the outer metal of any good man." As he says "inner mettle" he points towards his heart, and when he says "outer mettle" he points towards his chain shirt.

If Jacques hasn't already done so, he initiates a friendly duelist's handshake, the sort of handshake shared by two men who in one way or another have dedicated their lives to the sword.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll try all three:
    Nobility and Royalty: (1d20+3)[12]
    History: (1d20+3)[17]
    Local: (1d20+2)[3]
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Guillaume

Settling in as a wallflower at the party, Guillaume fiddles with his cane down beside him and casts about for a possible conversation companion - preferably a self-absorbed young man who will do all the talking. His intent is to keep half an eye on the room around the bait.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15] Spot

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Riq:
    Oof! Monsieur Englishman, you are bold! Elaina calls out as you drag her onto the dance floor. You see Anabelle's expression darken with jealousy as you pull away from her and spin about the ballroom. Each time you make a rotation, you notice the very rude gentlemen inching closer to you. He sidesteps dancers and cavorters, occasionally coliding with some ill-fated party guest and seething with frustration. You reason that unless you move to evade, he will be upon you within 3 rounds.

Jacques:

Mm, precisely, St. Pierre nods and accepts your handshake. Allow me to introduce you to my friends Mnsrs. Belmont and Thelois, Corporal Farquoit, Lord Chembau and last of all my servant Thomas.
    As each man is introduced, he nods cordially, except for Thomas, who bows in deference.

Spoiler
    Show
    17 history is good enough to know that he fought in the battle of Aushauck.

Guillaume:

As you cast about for company, you spy Louis, the ugly young priest. He meets your glance and approaches you.

We meet again, brother, he says. You certainly have seemed to upset Noailles. What, pray tell, did you say to him?
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2008-03-04 at 04:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Guillaume

The young priest assumes a surlier manner than he really feels. This man had strong opinions and a decent mind. Perhaps he could be turned to advantage.

Not all of us are content to show our faith only in debating abstract principles. We are eager to serve God in this life, as well as the next. I believe Father de Noailles feels the same, and I admire him for it. Certainly, I had no intention of upsetting him.

What, sir, do you stand for?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riq Kelborn

"I? Bold? Perhaps Lady, perhaps. It shall never be said that the Rose Knight is a coward, even my foes grant me courage. Still, it was not courage that inspired my actions. It was mere pragmatism.

You are the most lovely woman here this evening. In fact, you are so lovely I find myself wondering if you are, perhaps, a practitioner of the sorcerer's Art. Regardless",

Here Riq nods towards the very rude gentleman,

"It may soon become neccessary for me to leave the party so that I may defend your honor. If I may not have your name, I desired to have at least a dance."

Riq begins to steer their dance aways from the very rude gentleman as he continues,

"Now tell me Beautiful Lady of Mystery, if I am forced to leave this party, may I call on you again? How would I even go about it?

I would truly regret killing a man over a Lady with whom I am only able to share one dance. Certainly, a man's life is nothing next to a Lady's honor, yet I still regret each time I shed blood. There was too much blood shed whilst I was enspelled."

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this situation is shaping up into a nice D'artagnan+Milady+Kitty love triangle.

Dip (d20+13)[27]
    Bluff (Seduction) (d20+11)[14]

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Riq:

As you dip Mms. DeChamps (in a most impressive manner) you obscure yourselves from the very rude gentlemen, and buying yourself an extra few seconds of privacy.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is fun. Let's do perform:dance checks round by round (DC20) to continually evade the V.R.G. Clock: 3 rounds.

That is completely unnecessary,
    sir, Elaina says, clearly a bit upset. I am perfectly capable of maintaining my honor all on my own. It was cute when you dispatched him before, and I dare say amusing but I do not think he needs to have his blood spilled on my account.

[spoiler]Don't forget, only one rounds worth of dialogue per post! Yes, it will slow things down a bit, but I think its worth it for effec, don't you?[spoiler]

Guilluame:

Louis has an empassioned look about him, as if filled with fire. He doesn't look angry, not exactly, but perhaps over excited.

For god and country. And for the truth, brother. I ask again, what did you discuss?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riq Kelborn

While I have no doubts about your ability to defend your honor, he will most certainly accuse you of behaving immorally. I will disagree, and we shall be forced to duel. Still, if you'd prefer another way I'm willing to bow to your will.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is fun, quite tense and very cinematic. Though the one round of dialogue per post may limit Riq's usual flowery prose!

Perform (Dance)(d20+3)[23]
    Diplomacy (d20+13)[25]
    Bluff (Seduction)(d20+11)[18]

All this ranks in Dip and BLuff and I still haven't got her name. That's depressing.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Guillaume

Could this upstart be the true leak, or perhaps an accomplice?

Guillaume puts on more fire than he truly feels.

You are neither my superior nor my confessor, sir, and this is not the place for such a conversation. There is a chapel back this way where we might speak in private.

Guillaume makes a small gesture towards the passage to the chapel, and makes a show of calming himself by swigging a mouthful of wine. He glanced over at Riq, who seemed to be deeply engrossed in dancing with some young woman or other. Ah well. Each to their own gifts, he supposed.

If Louis seems inclined to follow, Guillaume will lead the way to the chapel, leaning a bit more heavily on his cane than is required.

27. - Top - End - #147

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Patrice

The priest is still dithering in the hallway towards the chapel, putting him in line to see Guillaume and the loudmouth student approaching. He sends Guillaume a significant glance, stepping out to intercept the pair. Good evening, Brother. What seems to be the matter? He feigns noticing the student, and bows. Ah, monsieur. Here to discuss more theory?

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluffing to fall back into the student role.
    Bluff - (1d20+12)[30]

As for my location, I never really moved from where I was. So, I should be in the way. However, If I am really somewhere else, tell me and I'll erase this.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Riq:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ha, I thought that first diplomacy check was a DIP, as in the dance move. Seeing that as it is, the DC 20 might be a little high, so i'm reducing it to 15

The Rose Knight and his de facto date gracefully whirl around the dance floor, evading the very angry gentlemen.

Yes, I very much would prefer it. He may deserve a good dressing down or a box on the ears perhaps, but by now I am used to having my honor insulted and handling it in my own way.

Guillaume, Patrice:

The ugly priest gives a crooked smile, as if to say Fine, I'll play your game. What he says is, Certainly. Lead the way.

The two walk across the ballroom toward the chappel where they are intercepted by Patrice.

As a matter of fact, no, Louis replies. Your friend and I were headed to the chappel to discuss what he and Father Noailles spoke of in the garden. But afterwards, if you wish, I'd be glad to entertain you with debate.

He casts his glance around the ballroom as if looking for somebody.
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2008-03-06 at 09:42 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Riq Kelborn

"Lady, it pains me to see you so casually dismiss the insults you face, but I am your servant and shall obey your wishes."

Grinning rather rakishly he adds,

Though of course, I certainly shan't regret the misunderstanding that led to this delightful dance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh! Well, my lazy typing has worked to my advantage! Excellent. Sorry 'bout that though.

Perform (Dance) (d20+3)[23]
    Diplomacy (d20+13)[32]
    Bluff (Seduction) (d20+11)[18]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yes, it has been a long time since I really enjoyed dancing with somebody. Most men are so stuffy...

The very rude gentlemen, seeing an opening, darts between two waltzing couples, only to colide with a hitherto unseen fat man- deftly positioned by the devious two step of The Rose Knight.

My goodness, Mns. Kellborne, you are quite the dancer! Where did you learn those steps?

Spoiler
    Show
    Two natural 20s in a row for a perform dance? Incredible. And I am taking your other roles into account as well, but you don't really need a new dipolmacy roll every round. She's already grown rather fond of you- maybe she's playing hard to get? Sense motive?
    Last edited by Human Paragon 3; 2008-03-06 at 02:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games