New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Rebellion IV - Death of the Lich King (Day 10)

Alright. I've stalled on this long enough. It's time to get this show on the road.

Decades have passed since Xykon Fan overthrew the Zombie rule and had himself declared Lich King of your fair land. As expected, darkness and turmoil reigned supreme. Seems not all undead make good rulers. Unfortunately, there were no high level adventurers around to depose the Lich King so the despotism went on unabated until recently.

As it happens, word got out that there was a threat to humanity, one GM told two of his friends, and they told two friends, and they told two friends, and so on and so on until it finally got around to a GM that was running an epic campaign and had run out of things to do.

Immediately he set his party to the task of righting wrongs and dispelling evil. The party managed the task quite handily enough, but in the end, they, like most parties, were only interested in loot and xp and forgot to tell anyone else what they were up to. As a result, no one noticed that Xykon Fan wasn't ruling anymore for several months.

Once again the land is thrown into turmoil as several factions blathered on about their claim to the throne. Eventually it wound down to two factions, one decended from Crystall Myr and one decended from Castaras I's third cousin twice removed. Crystall Myr's decendant won the throne, but the supporters of Castaras I's rightful heir haven't given up hope.

As before, the sitting ruler sent forth two of the best secret agents in the land to root out the pretender and secure his legacy. And also as before, since they hadn't been training secret agents, the two were still rookies and wholly incapable of infiltrating the rebellion. They were found dead at a donut shop. The autopsy said the icing was poisoned.

Summary: Zeb The Troll and Alarra were killed by Rebels.

Day One begins and will end at Noon Eastern Time on Sunday.

Spoiler
    Show
    THE RULES

THE CLASSES AND THE ROLES

There are two classes: Nobility and Peasantry. There are also two alignments: Loyalists and Rebels.

NOBILITY
    • Emperor – The Emperor cannot be slain at night while Loyalist Imperial Guardsmen or the Captain of the Guard still live. The Emperor’s vote counts thrice. The Emperor cannot be converted.
    • Heir – The Heir becomes the Emperor upon the Emperor’s demise. The Heir’s vote counts twice. If the Heir succeeds the Emperor, there will be one full day between the previous Emperor's death and the coronation of the new Emperor. (If the Emperor is lynched on Day 1, Night 1 and Day 2 will pass, and the coronation will happen at the end of Day 2. If he is killed by Rebels on Night 1, Day 2 and Night 2 will pass and the coronation will happen at the beginning of Day 3.)
    • Royal Investigator – The Royal Investigator has many tools and much training at his disposal and is able to determine a player's role and allegiance with a night action.
    • Captain of the Guard – The Captain of the Guard sends Imperial Guardsment to protect one citizen each night from assassination. He is difficult to corrupt.
    • Imperial Guardsmen – The Imperial Guardsmen fight side by side and know each other well. They are difficult to corrupt.
    • The Court Couple – The subject of much discussion and speculation amongst the upper crust, a pair of Nobles have fallen in love but must keep it a secret. Should one of them die, the other dies as well. In addition, if the court couple both point at the same person, their combined vote will count as three instead of two.
    • Court Noble

PEASANTRY

• The Sheriff (Day Baner) - The Sheriff is a loyal appointee of the Empire and is duty bound to protect it. He is capable of keeping lynch mobs in check and as such can protect a person from being lynched. He is also trusted by the Court and can keep them from executing a person he believes is loyal to the crown. Vote counts twice. This person is difficult to corrupt.
    • The Gossip – The Gossip has tendrils in several circles and can learn a player's class and allegiance with a night action.
    • The Drunkard – The Drunkard thinks he or she is the Gossip, but people have a grand time giving this person faulty information to see how long it takes to figure it out. When scrying, the Drunkard will be given a random class and allegiance.
    • Lovers – The fates of the lovers are intertwined. Should one die, so too the other. In addition, if the lovers both point at the same person, their combined vote will count as three instead of two.
    • Peasant

REBELS

• Rebel Leader – The Rebel Leader picks the Rebel Soldiers and the Rebel Spy. The Rebel Leader appears as a Loyalist Peasant when spied upon.
    • Rebel Spy – The Rebel Spy, trained in the same investigative techniques as the Royal Investigator, but somewhat less restricted in information gathering tools, can determine a player's class and role with a night action.
    • Rebel Soldier

THE ACTIONS

DAY

The Peasantry, both Loyalist and Rebel, incite a lynch mob each day, choosing to kill one person.
    The Nobles, both Loyalist and Rebel, meet in court each day, choosing to execute one person.
    All votes are made communally. They are tallied separately.
    The Sheriff may opt to protect someone from either lynching or execution (one or the other, not both). This decision is sent to the narrators via PM before the end of the day is posted.

NIGHT

The Rebel Leader can send his Rebel Soldiers to assassinate one person or to convert one person to the Rebel Forces.
    The Rebel Spy can follow one person to determine that player’s class and role.
    The Royal Investigator and the Gossip may each follow one person to determine that player’s alignment and class, but not the player’s role.
    The Drunkard can follow one person but, due to his or her drink-addled mind, decides upon a random alignment and class.
    The Captain of the Guard protects one person from assassination each night.

ACHIEVING VICTORY

BY CLASS AND ALIGNMENT

The Loyalist Nobility wins by eliminating all of the Rebels.
    The Loyalist Peasantry wins by surviving the rebellion until it ends.
    The Rebels win by eliminating all Loyalist Nobles and the Sheriff or by placing a Rebel Heir on the throne.

SPECIAL CONDITIONS

The Heir wins if his alignment wins and he has succeeded the Emperor.
    The Imperial Guardsmen win if their alignment wins and an Emperor or the Rebel Leader is still alive.
    The Court Nobles win if their alignment wins and an Emperor is no longer alive.
    The Sheriff wins if he survives and either The Emperor or a Loyal Heir is on the throne.

OTHER NOTES

CONVERSION
    To convert someone, the Rebel Leader must send me the name a person they choose to convert and a decision of whether or not to attack on a refused invitation. I will then send the person who is to be converted an invitation. Should the person refuse and the Rebels have chosen to attack, there is a 20% chance of the person being slain, a 10% chance of a random rebel being slain, and a 10% chance of a random Rebel being unmasked in the ensuing battle. If the person is playing a role with the “difficult to corrupt” description, there is a 20% chance of the attempt automatically failing. Conversion can only happen every third night (nights 3, 6, 9, et cetera)

AUTOLYNCHING
    Failure to vote three times will result in an automatic death.

Note that there are some changes to the rules as posted in the recruitment thread (see in particular the Gossip, Royal Investigator, and the Sheriff).

Player List 3/29

Spoiler
    Show
    Aemoh
    Atreyu the Masked LLama - executed/lynched Day 1 - Peasant and Loyalist
    CurlyKitGirl - executed/lynched Day 3 - Lover and Loyalist
    DarkLightDragon - Murdered Night 7 - Drunkard and Loyalist
    Doseki - autolynched on Day 5 - Peasant and Loyal
    Dr. Bath - Killed by Rebels, Night 4 - The Gossip and Loyal
    easyname - Executed Day 8 - Peasant and Rebel
    Eldritch Knight - committed suicide Day 3 - Lover and Loyalist
    EmperorDemonking - executed/lynched Day 2 - Court Couple, Noble and Loyalist
    evnafets - Executed Day 10 - Peasant and Rebel Leader
    Fin - Lynched on Day 7 - Capt of the Guard and Loyalist
    Fleeing Coward - Executed on Day 7 - Rebel Soldier and Peasant
    Freshmeat - Murdered Night 9 - Heir and Loyal
    Gwyn ap Nud - Lynched Day 6 - Imperial Guardsman and Loyal
    Mordokai - Murdered Night 5 - Loyal and Imperial Guardsman
    Mustiado - Lynched Day 8 - Imperial Guard and Loyal
    Ominous - autolynched Day 4 - Sheriff and Loyal
    PenguinSushi
    PGCoD - Lynched Day 10 - Court Investigator and Loyal
    Pwenet - lynched/executed Day 4 - Noble and Loyal
    Ranna - Executed Day 6 - Rebel Spy and Peasant
    Shadow - lynched/executed on Day 5 - Noble and Loyal
    Shishnarfne - Murdered Night 8 - Peasant and Loyal
    Stu42 - Court Couple - died in response to the execution of ED - Loyal
    SweetLikeLemons - killed by Rebels Night 2 - Noble and Loyalist
    Szilard - Lynched Day 9 - Emperor and Loyal
    topher - autolynched Day 4 - Noble and Loyal
    Zar Peter
    Zombie pixe - Executed Day 9 - Peasant and Rebel
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2008-03-19 at 06:24 AM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Rebellion IV - Death of the Lich King (Day 1)

No one has any idea who's who...

It's always hard at the start of the game, so lets just decide on someone to lynch and lynch them.

We don't have much information yet, but we could still get lucky.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Francis, a young gentleman living near the edge of town, emerges to discover that there are two mysterious deaths...

"What news have you on this?Fleeing Coward, is this your handiwork?"
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

I wouldn't act rashly. I don't think there is a big chance of him being a rebel...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Easyname. Really protecting one of your fellows so early. I always thought you rebels didn't have much brain."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

So now you're accusing me?

I just don't think we should start by making such rash decisions.

I find coming in and voting for whoever you want suspicious.

That is why I vote for Shishnarfne
    Last edited by easyname; 2008-02-07 at 01:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zar Peter, dressed in a silken robe, walks through the town and listens to easynames accusations. He points at easyname:

Coming in and pointing at people is what we do here, young one! You never can find a bad guy on day one by discussing. In fact you only find a bad guy on day one only if the bad guys want you to find them. So don't accuse others for pointing, you have to do the same. I, for example, point at Pwenet, just for fun! Kill me if you like.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Its fairly obvious really, who to point at. You need only compare the past to the future and you find the present.

In the past, who has been a rebel?? The cats! Castaras played a cat and was a rebel in Rebellion II. So it seems logical there would be cat rebels in the future, which is now. Now, we don't have anyone playing cats, but someone ALWAYS has a cat present and that person is CurlyKitGirl. Its in her avatar, its in her sig, its in her very soul and therefore Curlykitgirl is a rebel and must be lynched.

Also, I'm debating between LLambo, the action movie hero and Llama Wright, the Sim City Planner.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama View Post
    Its fairly obvious really, who to point at. You need only compare the past to the future and you find the present.

In the past, who has been a rebel?? The cats! Castaras played a cat and was a rebel in Rebellion II. So it seems logical there would be cat rebels in the future, which is now. Now, we don't have anyone playing cats, but someone ALWAYS has a cat present and that person is CurlyKitGirl. Its in her avatar, its in her sig, its in her very soul and therefore Curlykitgirl is a rebel and must be lynched.

Also, I'm debating between LLambo, the action movie hero and Llama Wright, the Sim City Planner.
    "Oh really? And who's the sneaky Llama King opressing the rights of sheep everywhere? You! Who's always in cahoots with the Rebels and the bad guys? Who presonally knows the name of at least two rebels?
    The Llama!
    That's right ladies; gentlemen and others The Llama is conspiring against us andour faithful sheep.
    We want Sheep RIghts and we want them now!
    Shepherds For Justice unite now!"
    The Sheep Rights activist hoists her placard and walks around the Llama in a circle chanting loudly all the while.

((EDIT: Go for the City Planner.

Point: CurlyKitGirl! Three capital letters: CKG. It's not that hard. Heck, just go for Curly. It's easier apparently.))
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-02-07 at 03:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

Flumph

As usual, I point at the next person to post.

11. - Top - End - #11

I bow at your logic, Mr. Llama! I wished I had the same cognitive abilities as you!

* Looks up *

Crap! Why are you pointing at me
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

There is just something inherently wrong with the idea of Penguinsushi so it has to go away or be lynched or whatever is fastest and furthest away!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

13. - Top - End - #13

((Ooh, I vote for Llambo!

<.<
    >.>

What, just cause I'm not in the game doesn't mean I don't watch.

Plus, I did help put a cat on the throne. Go REBELS!
    This in now way supports or rescinds the idea that people with cats are rebels.))
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

I come today
    To say
    That the bad guys in this game
    I proclaim
    Should watch there backs
    Beware the kola bear
    In his lair
    Playing the violin
    So take it on the chin
    Fin

((It's fun to rhym))((Even if it isn't any good))

((Edit: Sorry Fin, yours was the only name that rhymed))
    Last edited by Doseki; 2008-02-07 at 04:51 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

@Doseki: In that case call me Purple.

Rhyme that!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Purple... shmurple

See, I can do it with anything.
    Last edited by Doseki; 2008-02-07 at 05:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

OldWizardGuy

"Friends! Enemies! Llamas! Lend me your right nostrils!"

Standing on a podium is Pwenet with a jug of wine in one hand, and a staff with a strange diamond on the top of it.

"I have here the all-seeing staff of SMELLING. By point it at one of you, it shall reveal your cruel intentions! PREPARE TO BE JUDGED!"

At that moment, sunlight strikes the diamond, and it bursts into flames.

"Well, that sucks. I want my money back! Now to point, I shall point at the one who can't spell names properly, like the smelly llama he is!!!"

Having made his point, Pwenet jumps down from a podium and goes looking for someone to buy his defective staff.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I, who is easily swayd by crowds, points at Llama!
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Walking about the area, looking around and listening to the others, is an older gentleman in dress robes.

"Well, well, well. Getting off to fine start aren't we. No matter, the first day is always messy.

Oh, and easyname it's probably a bad idea to want to just lynch someone and then say 'oh, no, not him.' Kinda suspicious."

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, dear. This is all so unpleasant. Well, I suppose thatLlama is pretty suspicious, being masked and all. People in masks cannot be trusted."
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

21. - Top - End - #21

I see. Hmmmm, so we are lynching the one person who attempts to apply logic to the situation. If is the case, this city will be rebellion led by the end of the week. Dooooooooom.

(In all fairness, its been over a year and a half since the WW phenomenon started and I've yet to be the first person lynched. It had to happen sometime I suppose.)
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Well, I've almost run out of the key ingredient for my mystery meat sushi so guess a dead llama would be just what I need.
    On the other hand, I hear hear this city is the natural habitat of the readymade sushi...

The sushi salesman digs out his ACME PenguinSushi Trap v1.1 and goes in search for the nearest igloo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

I find you all suspicious for not pointing at PGCoD. His name says it all, he'll be the DOOM of us all!
    You haven’t got a womb. Where’s the fetus gonna gestate; you gonna keep it in a box?
    Don’t fear the darkness, fear what it hides.

Spoiler
    Show

Avatar and sig picture by kpenguin.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Sorry...I've only ever played one game before and it was on a different site.

25. - Top - End - #25

Llama - Llama's spit, that upsets me so its gotta be you.
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

*jumps on one of the passing bandwagons* Llama
    May your last breath also be your mintiest.

27. - Top - End - #27

(In all fairness, its been over a year and a half since the WW phenomenon started and I've yet to be the first person lynched. It had to happen sometime I suppose.)
    (That still doesn't make it any easier to watch. I give credit to Ranna for making me laugh )
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2008-02-08 at 02:47 PM. Reason: maybe I was a bit overreacting.
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

I concur. The Llama must die! (Preferably spitted and barbequed........ What? I'm hungry!)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: Rebellion IV - Death of the Lich King (Day 1)

so um... we do this poiting thing...?

so what? like i point at the Llama and then that gets put in a different colour?

oh that is fancy indeed!

well then, so what am i doing now, i have to use my new found knowlage to point at someone?!

thats not very friendly!

well...

sorry, what am i doing again?
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

llama, the idea that you could use any logic at all seems laughable to me.
    But the fact that you have come up with such an outstanding conclusion on day one! is absolutely brilliant! I applaud your Shadow-esque-ness and point at Curly to show my support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Plus, I did help put a cat on the throne. Go REBELS!
    This in now way supports or rescinds the idea that people with cats are rebels.))
    Ooooh! So did I! So did I!