New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Rebellion IV - Death of the Lich King (Day 10)

At the end of the day, there is only one person who doesn't toe the line with the rest of the crowd. Though that's not unexpected since the rest of the crowd was pointing at him.

Those gathered rush to nab evnafets so that he can be executed, but he was expecting it. As they charged up to grab him, he pops smoke and seemingly vanishes into thin air. The crowd looks around, surprised and empty handed.

Somewhere, up above them, a roof tile clatters and gets their attention. PGCoD looks up and catches a glimpse of someone running away.

There! he yells and points.

A chase ensues through, above, and under the streets for several eternal minutes. At each turn, evnafets is sure that he's gotten away, but purple cube is always right there, as if he knows every nook and cranny of the streets as well as the escapee does. At the end, the crowd has managed to corner the 'poor bellringer' but they are obviously out of breath and glad the chase has come to an end.

They make a last charge at the accused. Seeing that his end is near, evnafets, who is now suddenly wearing a kilt and blue face paint, makes a final act of defiance. He lifts his kilt to reveal a weapon. He pulls the derringer from its holster and fires both rounds into PGCoD before turning around and baring his assets to those remaining.

Spoiler
    Show

With a final yell of what was certainly supposed to be EAT MY SHORTS! he's run down by the rest and beaten until his bottom is indistinguishable from his top.

Summary: evnafets was executed by the Nobles. He was a Peasant and the Rebel Leader.
    purple gelatinous cube o' doom was lynched by the peasants. He was the Court Investigator and was Loyal.

Night 10 begins and will end in ~24 hours.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Almost there guys. Cmon!))

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #393

Night falls, but the three remaining citizens are all afraid to go to sleep. They each take steps throughout the night in an effort to stay awake and not be the one murdered. It's going to happen. Someone will fail. Someone will have to be the first to lose their grip on consciousness. Who will it be?

The three sit and watch each other for any sign of weakness. None show it.

Nerves are on shot. Each is on edge. Who will it be?

Hours pass. Eyes are bloodshot and gritty. Who?

The men pace in an effort to stave off the fatigue. When will it happen?

In a flash, as if coordinated, all three men decide that the time is right now. It's time to end it.

They all draw down on each other with blinding speed, but Zar Peter gets the drop and Aemoh falls. He turns to shoot Penguinsushi but he's almost as fast and now has his pistol drawn too, and with a sure and steady bead on Zar Peter.

There they stand, one man bleeding his last and two staring each other down over the barrels of their guns. It's a standoff.

They both start to take steps backwards, away from each other. Without ever taking their eyes off the enemy or lowering their weapons, they each leave the area via different routes and then take off running in opposite directions.

It's time to rest now, but not too deeply. The other will be back soon and he'll want to finish it. Today. Today is the last day, one way or the other.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, ladies and gentlemen. We have here an issue that I, as the narrator, did not foresee. You see, as you might have been able to figure out by now, we are down to one Loyal Noble and one Rebel Noble. There is no defined win condition for a draw in this situation and we don't want to use the normal "what if the voting is tied" rule where the first person to reach the majority vote gets killed because that would just mean, in this case, that the fastest poster would win.

So here is what we've come up with. This special occasion calls for a very special End of Game phase. This phase consists of each team writing up a death scene and submitting it on the thread. The "leader" for each team will submit the death scene for his team. This means evnafets for the Rebels and Szilard for the Loyalists. The scene does not have to be authored by this person, but it must be submitted by him.

Once both scenes are posted, I've arranged for a panel of impartial outside judges (SMBG'ers who were not involved in this game) to vote on which scene is better. The winning scene will be admitted as the "final scene" and will therefore determine which team wins.

You will be given 72 hours to draft and submit the scenes and then the voting will begin. Once all of the judges have voted, a winner will be declared.

All players: You (obviously) do not have to be alive to be able to contribute to this. Send your thoughts and ideas, or even wholly written scenes, to your respective team leaders. Contact your dead team mates and encourage their participation.

If you have any questions at all, please PM both narrators and we'll respond as quickly as we possibly can.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Summary: Aemoh was murdered by Rebels. He was a Noble and was Loyal.

The End of Game phase begins now and will end in approximately ~72 hours.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Ooooo! Very interesting! Go, loyalists!

I'm also having trouble accessing the Structured Games section and can only get to these threads via the most recent post function at the moment, so if you can tell everyone in the other games not to autolynch me then that would be great ))
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

((I'm going to consider this game a draw regardless of how this turns out, but this is still an interesting and cool way to end this.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #396

ooohh what super fun!!
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

((*cracks his knuckles* Time to get to work, then.

EDIT: I have a scene drawn up. Any loyalist who wishes to see it, simply request either here or via PM.))
    Last edited by Mustiado; 2008-03-20 at 02:38 PM.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

((I thought that in a situations like this, the rebels would win , ah well))

9. - Top - End - #399
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

PenguinSushi was a noble as well!?!?!?
    How many of those darn nobles were there anyway?????

ok team, lets get writing.

It was a dark and stormy night.....
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

10. - Top - End - #400

((I managed to fix my access problem! Yay!

I remember in... I think it was the first Rebellion... I was the only noble, and Decken, of all people, was the secret lover. ))
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

11. - Top - End - #401

I'm glad this seems to be going over well. I was a little worried that you guys would hate it.

Your judges, so that you can know who your target audience is, are ...

Andre Fairchilde
    Face of Evil
    Helgraf
    smellie_hippie
    Supagoof

@ evnafets - one of the critiques I got last game was that there weren't enough nobles. I bumped it a bit this time. Of course, once it's over I'll post the entire role list.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

((Now I know what that pm was about.))
    Edit:
    Okay, the scene that Mustiado wrote up...
    Spoiler
    Show

As the sun begins to set in the western sky, lighting up the village in a red blaze, a strange thing happens.

A tumbleweed blows through town.

This lone action sets off a number of cliches, turning the hamlet from blood soaked village to deserted ghost town in a matter of minutes. A fitting end, Penguinsushi muses to himself as he stares out the window into the widening darkness. Somewhere in the houses below, a lone torch springs up...

He comes tonight.

PenguinSushi plods off into the castle to make his preparations...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zar Peter cautiously pushes open the castle's front door, torch raised for light and pistol in hand, cocked. He glances about, his eyes darting left and right, but unable to find his opponent in the oppressive gloom of the castle. "The first thing we're ... well, I'm doing, when the rebels are in charge, is installing electric." Zar grumbles as he takes his first tenative steps into the building, the door thudding shut behind him. No more than ten feet from the door, however, candle shaped lights snap on all around him, illuminating the castle foyer.

"Greetings!" Penguinsushi's voice booms out around Zar, as if amplified from the top of the staircase, and yet projected from the sides of the room as well.

"I knew you would come tonight, so I took special care to make your welcome a warm one!" Penguinsushi cried, as the bucket suspended above the door via tripwire tipped over, spilling out flaming oil to the square Zar Peter had just inhabited, creating a nigh impassable barrier and forcing him further into the room.

Zar, looking on in horror, discovers a veritable fun house of traps and tricks, all seemingly ripped off... ahem... lovingly lifted from a certain Christmas movie starring Macaulay Culkin. Ornaments, wires of christmas lights with the electrodes bared, even a slightly larger than tarantula sized spider inhabiting one side of the room.

"You think I never saw this movie?" Zar chortles as he skips through the traps, using the dangerous tinsel to incapacitate the spider while leaping through the various ornaments. "We watched this every year!" he screams, ducking under the appropriately timed paint can on the stairs, dashing ever closer to his goal.

"Well then, perhaps THIS will come as a surprise!" exclaims the sushi master, as he leaps from the banister of the staircase behind Peter, brandishing his filet knife and his trusty rolling mat. With one deft move, he catches and removes the flint from Zar's old fashioned pistol. "Now, we battle on even terms." says Penguinsushi, advancing slowly towards his now unarmed, yet still formidible opponent. "...well, almost even, anyway." as he flicks his rolling mat out, distracting Zar while he dies forward with his knife set to "de-bone."

Too clever for such a feint, Zar catches hold of the top of Penguinsushi's shirt, pushing him down and under him, well out of angle for a strike, while leaping up and over him, grasping the chandelier with his newfound height. The momentum of his swing carries him to the throne, where he quickly dismounts the ornamental battle-axe of the realm. "En garde indeed." murmurs the gnome.

Penguinsushi flees at the sight of the maniacal gnome lumberjack, sprinting for his life while Zar sings out a warcry, "The best sushi is fresh!" Quickly turning a blind corner, however, the charging gnome skids to a stop, finding himself on an open air balcony. A weight crashes into him from behind, dislodging the battle axe and sending him head over heels over the railing. Managing to catch hold with one hand, he twists around to see Penguinsushi's gleeful face above him.

"Hang in there, friend! I have just the thing to help you back over!" Without another word, Penguinsushi produces a gigantic green blob, and shoves the entirity of it into Zar's mouth.

"Wath ith dis? EEEYAGHHH!!" Zar quickly grabs the giant wad of wasabi from his mouth, frantically wiping at his tongue to erase the disgusting flavor. However, in a fashion worthy of Wile E. Coyote, Zar fails to realize that one hand holding the wasabi, and one hand wiping his tongue, equals no hands on the railing. With one look down, and a squeak of "Mother!", Zar Peter dropped from the balcony, only to crash in a comical puff of smoke in the courtyard.

After a moment of silent reflection on his nemesis' demise, Penguinsushi ambled back into the throne room, kicking open a cooler next to the gigantic chair. He pulls out a piece of tuna sashimi, and with a final glance over the now empty chamber before his feast, he can't help but utter one final line.

"It's good to be the king."
    Last edited by Szilard; 2008-03-20 at 11:14 PM.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

13. - Top - End - #403

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets View Post
    PenguinSushi was a noble as well!?!?!?
    How many of those darn nobles were there anyway?????

I guess that explains why none of the rebels believed me when I told them they got their numbers wrong. That, in turn, also explains why the rebels hadn't even considered recruiting me on night 9, even though it would have been the most logical choice.

Next time such a situations crops up, I suggest we simply compare notes instead. After all, if you truly believe you've already won anyway, it's not like you really have anything to lose.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #404

Actually Freshmeat, recruiting you was always on our options list. Even in the pm evnafets accidentally included me in on night 9 they were still considering the option of your recruitment. In the end, I guess they just found you to be too big of a risk.
    As for believing we won, at no point were we certain of victory, only of a draw situation. I told you as much on the day I died in our msn conversation and I do believe you were the one that was reluctant to swap role lists or make the leap of faith I was hoping you'd take
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

15. - Top - End - #405

In that case, I stand corrected.
    I didn't want to to share role lists at the time (night 6) because after our MSN conversation, I was already fairly sure I knew all of the rebels (with the exception of your newest recruit, but I knew it had to be either DLD or Zombie Pixe). Both sides would know who was with who on the following day anyway, so I didn't see how that would help me.

In hindsight, I should've anticipated that the rebels would mistake Penguinsushi for a peasant. I did the same for way too long as well.
    As soon as I knew that he was a noble, I probably should've shared that fact just in case they thought I was bluffing or mistaken. Of course, evnafets and Zar Peter would probably have taken the possibility into account that that was actually a bluff, so it's hard to tell how that would've worked out.

The leap of faith situation was certainly interesting. For those of you who don't immediately know what we're referring to, the situation was as follows:
    If the rebels simply killed people until the end of the game, the game would end in a draw.
    If they recruited someone, they would win.
    If they recruited someone and that offer would be refused, however, they would actually lose.
    Hence why the entire game depended on what the rebels would do with their recruitment.
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2008-03-21 at 08:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #406

PaladinGuy

If the rebels simply killed people until the end of the game, the game would end in a draw.
    If they recruited someone, they would win.
    If they recruited someone and that offer would be refused, however, they would actually lose.
    As you said, and as I think I PMed to you at the time, anyone approached for recruitment on night 9 would have been put in the position of Kingmaker.
    There was no incentive to join the rebellion at this stage of the game. In fact you were fairly openly campaigning for people to decline any offers that came. I honestly didn't think anyone would join at this point, so I opted for the "safe" kill.
    Honestly would you have joined the rebellion when by declining you win anyway?
    I wanna be a POODLE!

17. - Top - End - #407

hmm. an interesting ending indeed. I wish my connection to gitp hasn't been so freakin' slow and/or I had less going on in the evenings this week. I'll try to come up with something. I'll be very interested to see what happens.

Yeah - Zeb, I think that this was pretty much the only way to end such a draw without just saying "well folks, it's a draw".

~PS
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

18. - Top - End - #408

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets View Post
    There was no incentive to join the rebellion at this stage of the game.
    Why not? To join would be to win.
    I can understand that the rebels were afraid of a potential knight templaresque loyalist who would stubbornly refuse any recruitment offers coming his way, but incentive-wise, there wasn't any drawback to joining up whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets
    Honestly would you have joined the rebellion when by declining you win anyway?
    I'd have accepted immediately.
    Keep in mind that if I had refused the offer, I would've just been lynched out of spite by the rebel peasants on the day thereafter, which would mean that I'd never be able to ascend to the throne.
    As such, had I refused, I certainly would have lost.

This is not to say that I'm not fine with a draw. I actually like to see these kind of once-in-a-blue-moon type situations happen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Why you little backstabbing... Here goes to show that nobody can be trusted in these games. And that I'm still a sucker, even after so many games
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Banned

((Looks like there's a reason that Freshmeat_ has been compared to me at times.... ))

21. - Top - End - #411

PaladinGuy

ok, the scene Mordokai Mustiado wrote up, slightly edited.
    Spoiler
    Show

As the sun begins to set in the western sky, lighting up the village in a red blaze, a strange thing happens.

A tumbleweed blows through town.

This lone action sets off a number of cliches, turning the hamlet from blood soaked village to deserted ghost town in a matter of minutes. A fitting end, Penguinsushi muses to himself as he stares out the window into the widening darkness. Somewhere in the houses below, a lone torch springs up...

He comes tonight.

PenguinSushi plods off into the castle to make his preparations...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zar Peter cautiously pushes open the castle's front door, torch raised for light and pistol in hand, cocked. He glances about, his eyes darting left and right, but unable to find his opponent in the oppressive gloom of the castle. "The first thing we're ... well, I'm doing, when the rebels are in charge, is installing electric." Zar grumbles as he takes his first tenative steps into the building, the door thudding shut behind him. No more than ten feet from the door, however, candle shaped lights snap on all around him, illuminating the castle foyer.

"Greetings!" Penguinsushi's voice booms out around Zar, as if amplified from the top of the staircase, and yet projected from the sides of the room as well.

"I knew you would come tonight, so I took special care to make your welcome a warm one!" Penguinsushi cried, as the bucket suspended above the door via tripwire tipped over, spilling out flaming oil to the square Zar Peter had just inhabited, creating a nigh impassable barrier and forcing him further into the room.

Zar, looking on in horror, discovers a veritable fun house of traps and tricks, all seemingly ripped off... ahem... lovingly lifted from a certain Christmas movie starring Macaulay Culkin. Ornaments, wires of christmas lights with the electrodes bared, even a slightly larger than tarantula sized spider inhabiting one side of the room.

"You think I never saw this movie?" Zar chortles as he skips through the traps, using the dangerous tinsel to incapacitate the spider while leaping through the various ornaments. "We watched this every year!" he screams, ducking under the appropriately timed paint can on the stairs, dashing ever closer to his goal.

"Well then, perhaps THIS will come as a surprise!" exclaims the sushi master, as he leaps from the banister of the staircase behind Peter, brandishing his filet knife and his trusty rolling mat. With one deft move, he catches and removes the flint from Zar's old fashioned pistol. "Now, we battle on even terms." says Penguinsushi, advancing slowly towards his now unarmed, yet still formidible opponent. "...well, almost even, anyway." as he flicks his rolling mat out, distracting Zar while he dies forward with his knife set to "de-bone."

Too clever for such a feint, Zar catches hold of the top of Penguinsushi's shirt, pushing him down and under him, well out of angle for a strike, while leaping up and over him, grasping the chandelier with his newfound height. The momentum of his swing carries him to the throne, where he quickly dismounts the ornamental battle-axe of the realm. "En garde indeed." murmurs the gnome.

Penguinsushi flees at the sight of the maniacal gnome lumberjack, sprinting for his life while Zar sings out a warcry, "The best sushi is fresh!" Quickly turning a blind corner, however, the charging gnome skids to a stop, finding himself on an open air balcony. A weight crashes into him from behind, dislodging the battle axe and sending him head over heels over the railing. Managing to catch hold with one hand, he twists around to see Penguinsushi's gleeful face above him.

"Hang in there, friend! I know just what to do!" Without another word, Penguinsushi produces a wrench and starts undoing the balcony from the building, chuckling as he works.

As the bolt comes free, Zar Peter and Penguinsushi lock eyes. With a long groan from the balcony, the entire building collapses with PenguinSushi, leaving the balcony and Zar Peter behind.

After a moment of silent reflection on his nemesis' demise, Penguinsushi Zar Peter ambled back into the throne room, kicking open a cooler next to the gigantic chair. He pulls out a piece of Penguin Sushi, and with a final glance over the now empty chamber before his feast, he can't help but utter one final line.

"It's good to be the king."

Edit: Apologies for getting the author wrong. As mentioned, it was Mustiado, not Mordokai who wrote this scene. Credit should be given where credit is due.

Both names start with 'M', so I got them confused.
    What? So I'm a little dylsexic late at night.
    Last edited by evnafets; 2008-03-22 at 06:12 PM.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Ahem. Mustiado wrote that scene. Lets not steal his spotlight.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

I thought that seemed slightly familiar. ?:)

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414

Wow, evnafets, you sure are lazy. Take something the other side wrote up, change a few things to suit your needs and then use it. Geez, don't you rebels have any creative minds at all, or do you always have to steal everything.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

25. - Top - End - #415

I'm sorry, I was so sure that we recruit Freshmeat, I even didn't tell you that I'm on holidays. I thought we won the game last week...
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416

Erm, has the other story been posted yet? I only see the one by ... Mustadio?
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

27. - Top - End - #417

PaladinGuy

Sorry, didn't read the rules properly. I PMed it to Alarra and Zeb rather than posting it in thread. My bad.

The real submission from the rebels (that last one was intended purely as a joke)

Spoiler
    Show

Penguin Sushi returns to his igloo to make plans for the final showdown. As both a noble of the realm and a highly respected press photographer, he has made full use of the benefits associated with such a position while also making a small personal fortune along the way. Using these gains, his igloo now more resembled a castle fit for a king than that of a humble noble. There was little doubt that this was one penguin that loved to live in the laps of luxury.
    Handing off his coat to a waiting footman, he starts to bark orders.

"Have that cloak cleaned. It got spattered with blood when that insignificant runt of a turncoat noble Zar Peter shot Lord Aemoh. While you're at it, have my shoes polished as well will you? And get the cook to rustle me up a little something to eat. NOT sushi. "

The servant bows.

"With apologies sir, but we won't be able to clean the coat as the washer woman Ranna, was hung the other day as a rebel spy."

"Oh well never mind then. At least have my shoes polished will you?"

"I'm sorry sir, but we're all out of boot black, and we can't get any more because the boot black boy was also hung as a rebel."

"Very well, forget that as well ...
    The cook hasn't been hung as a rebel as well has he?"

"No sir"

"Good. Then have him..."

"He committed suicide when his lover was executed as a rebel."

"Good lord! I thought the meals haven't quite been up to the usual standard lately, but what with this rebellion going on - oh well never mind that. At least fetch me a drink of cognac."

"With apologies again sir..."

"What now?"

"Your master of cellars was killed by the rebels the other night, and noone has been able to find the key to the liquor cabinet."

((Sigh.))
    "Very well, just put my camera away in a safe place then. I've shot enough pictures for today. Also bring me my best rifle from the cabinet above the fireplace. Here's the key."

"At once sir."

((The footman heads over to the fireplace, unlocks the cabinet and takes down a long hunting rifle))

"Make sure its loaded will you?"

((The footman cracks open the rifle, making sure the cartridges are in place. He then begins walking towards PenguinSushi))

"This will be a week long remembered. It has seen the end of the rebel leader evnafets, and it will soon see the end of the Rebellion. There is only one more rebel alive. An insignificant little runt of a noble by the name of Zar Peter."

((The footman nods)) "Yes sir."

"By the way, is there anyone else on the staff who is no longer with us that I should know about?"

"Well sir, now that you mention it..."

"Yes?"

"Your chief Footman Zombie Pixe was executed as a rebel a few days ago."

"Really? Who are you then?"

"Just an insignificant little runt of a noble sir. Who happens to be carrying your best rifle."

BAM!

"You really should have paid more attention to the hired help sir. If you had, maybe you wouldn't have been in this situation..."
    I wanna be a POODLE!

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

I hadn't seen what you'd done to my entry until I re-read it just a second ago, Ev. Bravo. lol

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

(...hmmm. Those are both very good.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

30. - Top - End - #420

((Still waiting on a couple of the judges then I'll get the results posted.))