New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion IV - Death of the Lich King (Day 1)

Penguinsushi emerges from his igloo to greet the day. He smiles, takes a deep breath and pulls the belt on his robe a little tighter. With slippered flippers, he waddles down to the end of his private lane to his mailbox - instinctively stepping around the ACME 1.1. Standing on his tip-flippers (in slippers), he reaches in to retrieve his mail. What's this? Hmm? A threatening letter? From... ...Fin? Who's "Fin"? He pauses for a moment to think when a look of sudden realization crosses his face. Oh, Good grief. I'd have thought that cranky old dolphin would have forgiven me by now...

PS continues mumbling as he returns up the lane, dropping the threatening note onto the still-active ACME 1.1 Sushi-Squisher - which slams shut on the letter, before sounding an alarm (which sounds suspiciously like the 'Chilly Willy' theme music) and exploding - leaving nothing but a scorched mark on the lane and the scent of calamari. Paying it no mind, he continues on his way back to the igloo. He pauses just once more at the door. Lowering his eyebrows he mutters to himself And what is Pwenet all riled up about?

~PS
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll vote for CurlyKitGirl as well, just because I'd like to see the Sim City Planner.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Hey guys.....I realize that the day was supposed to end a few hours ago....however, Zeb's not feeling well... and actually, neither of us have access to our spreadsheets until tonight.

So....the day has been extended until sometime in the wee hours of the next morning. (ie...Zeb will update while at work tonight.)

Thanks for playing and have a lovely day!

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Jump for joy! What a glandinger of a day! Caloo calay! Who is the slithy knave. Is he brave, this knave? Or living in a cave? Maybe called Dave. Mayhaps not. Ominous it is. He's in the biz, but the show must go on! Lest we be gone. Alack. Now to eat a scone...

The village idiot wanders about the town centre pointing at passersby and leaning on their shoulders.

5. - Top - End - #35

It was a bright and sunny day when it started.

It turned ugly fast.

In the commons...
    Hey, Mack, you 'ere there's another rebellion 'appenin'?
    Get back, Jack! Not another attack!
    Err, yeh. What's with the rhymin'?
    Oh, sorry, mate. Been like that of late. Can't stop for some reason. Maybe it's the season?
    No more rhymes now, I mean it!
    Anybody wa-
    :stab:
    -oooww! Alright, man, I got it. No rhymin'. Jeez! So ... what, you wanna head down to the gallows and point at someone?
    Yeh. I hear there's some rampaging camel with a machine gun or summat.
    No way! Let's go point at him!

Meanwhile, around the palace grounds...
    Sire! Sire! The peasants are revolting!
    Yeah, so what else is new?
    No, sire, I mean there's a movement to overthrow you before you've had a chance to show you're splendid leadership.
    Oh, right. Gibberin' jiminies, who's behind it?
    We aren't sure right at this moment, your highness, but intelligence indicates that it might be one of the local government dweebs. The city planner, in fact.
    Don't be a dork. City government dweebs don't lead rebellions.
    Indeed, sire. However, having his head on the suspicion that he might be might send a message to the real culprits and convince them to back off.
    Very well, then. To the guillotine with him.
    Yes, your highness.

Later that day the villagers have gathered and determined that Atreyu is a threat to their life as they know it. He's dragged bleating and begging up to the gallows and a noose cinched tightly round his neck.

Any last words, camel!
    Bleat bleat bleat bleat bleat!*
    *I'm not a shocking camel, you dolt! Camels have humps. You see this here?? NO SHOCKING HUMPS! How hard is that to get through your thick skull?
    Very well then. With that admission of guilt, you are condemned to death by hanging.
    Bleatbleatbleatbleatbleatbleat!*
    *Oh gods no! I didn't mean it! You're not a dolt! I AM a camel! NO-O-O-O!!

In the next moments, a strange series of events happened. The hangman threw the lever, the trap door dropped open, and the LLama, in a catlike display of agility, spread his four legs to the corners of the opening thus preventing his instant demise. At the same moment, a company of men wearing tabards of the Empire marched in formation down the street and stopped in front of the precariously positioned LLama.

Atreyu, you are hereby placed under arrest by Royal Decree. Jones, cut him down so that he can be taken to the dungeon for a proper execution.

bleat.*
    *Oh, shock and awe.

The LLama was led away by the noose still around his neck and was later sentenced to death by ingestion of Iocaine.

Summary: Both the Nobles and the Peasants elected to kill Atreyu the Masked LLama. He was a Peasant and a Loyalist.

Night One begins and will end in 24 hours. All those with night time actions, send them to both Zeb The Troll and Alarra.

Also, please note the slightly different autolynch rules that I'm using. Three missed votes throughout the game will result in an autolynch. The following players now have one mark against them.

DarkLightDragon
    Freshmeat
    Gwyn ap Nud
    Mordokai
    PGCoD
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2008-02-11 at 02:24 AM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Rebellion IV - Death of the Lich King (Night 1)

((Dang it, missed it by so little. Curse me for writing a novel for my rp post in mafia. It was a rather busy weekend.))
    Last edited by purple gelatinous cube o' Doom; 2008-02-11 at 02:55 AM.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

7. - Top - End - #37

Under the cover of darkness, the sushi salesman sneaks into the dungeons and drags the llama's corpse into his shop for use in his new recipe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

8. - Top - End - #38

As the day breaks on the second day of the rebellion, citizens are extra careful to note who is present and who is missing. Each person contacts their neighbors to see who doesn't answer and then collects in the commons to give their report...

Who among you has a neighbors who did not answer their door this morning?

*crickets*

No one?

The villagers all look from one to the other and confirm that none of their charges missed the knock at the door.

Interesting indeed. Very well, carry on about your business and let's lynch someone!

*cheers from the gathered masses*

Summary: No one was killed by the Rebels.

Day 2 begins and will end in ~48 hours.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    *cheers from the gathered masses*

Summary: No one was killed by the Rebels.
    I'd like a little clarification before I begin cheering with your fictional masses.
    Conversion can only happen every third night (nights 3, 6, 9, et cetera)
    I'm reading this as a two day 'cool-off period' but I see nothing to make me think that they couldn't try it earlier than night 3. At this point I must assume that either A) the Rebels have opted to recruit tonight, or B) the attempt was stopped by some other force.

So I guess I'll say A) sonuva.... or B) Woohoo!

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I'd like a little clarification before I begin cheering with your fictional masses.
    I'm reading this as a two day 'cool-off period' but I see nothing to make me think that they couldn't try it earlier than night 3. At this point I must assume that either A) the Rebels have opted to recruit tonight, or B) the attempt was stopped by some other force.

So I guess I'll say A) sonuva.... or B) Woohoo!
    ((That's a good point. I'll clarify here now and update the Rules in a moment.

No recruiting can happen before Night 3. After that point, it can happen on any night, but there will be a two night cool down before it can be attempted again. So if they try on Night 3, they next attempt can be no sooner than Night 6. However, they can, if they wish, wait for Night 4 but then would have to wait until Night 7 to try again but could wait until Night 8 or 9 if they wished, and so on.

I hope that answers your question.))

<---Please click on my dragons.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2008-02-12 at 08:52 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Rebellion IV - Death of the Lich King (Day 2)

"Oh those cunning rebels giving us no information, maybe Gwyn ap nud knows something he sounds like a rebeller."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-02-12 at 08:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    I hope that answers your question.))
    Perfectly. Thanks.

So now you get the obligatory Woohoo!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I like how Shadow subtly implied that he was loyalist with his short OOC conversation with Zeb there... *reserving point for later and non-OOCness))

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Wow your good, Shadow had me completely tricked by that.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-02-13 at 12:53 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Banned

There wasn't any trick involved. I wanted clarification on the recruitment start date before I enjoyed the fact that there was no kill.
    If that's suspicious to you at all, then you must think... what...
    That I'm a rebel? That I saw that our kill didn't go through? That I wanted to make a play to look less like a rebel by asking a question that I'd already know the answer to if I were a rebel?

No offense guys, but that's not my style.
    OK.... OK.... It's exactly my style.... But I actually wanted to know the answer that time.

I'll reserve pointing until later.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

((Emperor Demonking, it's not day three yet. The Rule of Shadow has yet to be invoked. :p))
    May your last breath also be your mintiest.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gwyn hears Emperor DemonKing's remark against him.

Hellooo? I have no witty rebuttal. I will not attempt to defend myself. That's right. However, let it be known that killing me will not go in your favour. And in any case, I do not think that any person who calls himself emperor of the Demon-kings can be a normal person.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #48

points at stu42 for lack of anyone better.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

19. - Top - End - #49
    Banned

*point at evnafets.
    Because I never trust him.

20. - Top - End - #50

I've got a funny feeling about CKG... What she was accusing Llama of didn't seem relevant to what he actually said, although I may have overlooked something and am willing to change my point if that is the case.
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll also point at CurlyKitGirl, if simply because I didn't get to see the llama city planner.

And I didn't mean to incriminate you, Shadow, it was just a fine piece of psychological prose. ?:)

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Pointing at Pwenet. For lack of better idea. Maybe I'll put some roleplay with that later.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

23. - Top - End - #53

((Oh i dont know who to point for so im gonna make myself feel better about my indescion by posting a pretty story intsead - of course im basing my character on a book that I read ))

*Ranna heads back to her shop, its a sunny morning and her red skirt is swaying with each step. In one arm she has her beeswax tapers, in another an armfull of lavender. Just before she reaches her shop, she sees the baker and calls over to him.*

Hows your morning been, do you still want some of those lavender candles ive been making? I went up to the castle today especially for you. If i get caught cutting the lavender i'll get in trouble you know - so I hope you still want them? How is your little girl today? I heard she was a little bit under the weather yesterday I do hope she is better. I gave your wife some honey to soothe her throat so she could sleep. Speaking of your wife she should come over sometime for some tea - ive been practicing catching shellfish down at the beach and I've gotten quite a nice little stash.. Anyway best get back to it, the shop needs sweeping and the wax wont jump onto the tapers themselves I'll get those candles to you for tonight if you would like? - See you later.
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Emperor Demonking calls himself an Emperor. How can that be anything but a blatant statement of intent towards taking the throne for himself?

25. - Top - End - #55

BardGuy

I'll point at Mustiado, the first sheep to follow someone else's point...
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I guess if you don't believe that awful shadow is gulty I'll go with CKG.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-02-14 at 04:32 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    I'll also point at [COLOR="Red"]And I didn't mean to incriminate you, Shadow, it was just a fine piece of psychological prose. ?:)
    No worries mate.
    This is how the game is played.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Temper temper,
    Mister Emperor.
    Rebels sneak,
    floorboards creak
    A demon hides
    and still he bides,
    his time comes near
    The king should fear...

The village's local idiot prances about the town square, for the most part unheeded by peasants and nobles alike. Some children throw stones at him later in the day, but he scarcely notices.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

I don't know who to point at, so I'll just point at CurlyKitGirl...

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Eldritch Knight maybe Emperor Demonking is the actual emperor and so should be protected.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!