Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 119
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Prison Break (IC)

    For what feels like weeks you have been held in this room. There are others with you. Your captor come at random and take those sleeping away. You feel stronger then you did when you got here. These are not ordinary people who hold you. Your cage is of lightning and fire, rather then stone and steel. Each of them seems cold and calculating almost studying you as your held. A few of you don't return when taken. This torment could be eternal you thought at times. However today this all changes. The guards have left for almost an hour now. Sounds of a distance conflict ring through periodically. Then the big change, the cages vanish you see each other clearly. There is only one door out with a stone dragon head above it.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Logan

    Undeniably a fighting man, this human's massive muscles strain against his skin, thick blue veins tendril like snakes over his body. He leaps at this sudden chance for freedom, springing from his feet like the mightiest lion straight to the wall with the door.

    He is not concerned with the other captives. Escape is all that matters. Those who will help Logan will follow. Those too cowardly to attempt this will stay behind. Those are the only two choices. There's no need to debate, not for this fighting man.

    Logan approaches from about ten feet to the side, back to the wall, so as not to face the dragon's head directly. It's so obviously a magical guardian. yet Logan does not think it is - his arrogant captors are unlikely to distrust their own magic so much that they'd put in a back-up. Yet just to be sure, he creeps along the wall toward the door.

    Then, assuming the dragon head doesn't breathe fire on him, he listens at the door. Listen: (d20+2)[18]

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector

    Hector slowly rises, taking his time to stretch. he listens carefully to the sounds of combat, expecting guards to enter any second now. he surveys his new allies and sizes them up. Which are less equipped to make this dangerous escape? He must rember to balance the needs of himself with the needs oth those around him.
    Listen - [roll]1d20+9[/roll]

    EDIT: I can't get the dice to work. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by browng-08; 2008-02-09 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Damn dice!
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    The young elf gets up and looks around to see if he notices anything unusual... except for the deactivated cage.
    spot - (1d20+11)[24]

    Then he decides to seize the opportunity, running behind the massively build human. First he decides to listen, careful not to touch the door he moves up to it. "Sssh... let me see if I can hear them."
    listen - (1d20+11)[31]

    Regardless of what he heard, he then checks the door for traps or anything alike. Seems only likey that they might have trapped this somehow...
    search - (1d20+15)[34]

    ((OOC: @Browng: do [*roll*]1d20+5[*/roll*], just without the stars.))
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-02-09 at 01:20 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    ((OOC @ #Raptor: Not working!))
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    As Logan and Akiano approach the door, Akiano notices the eyes of the statue light up. The sounds of battle seem to stop for a moment then there is a loud fierce howl then silence.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector

    "I can't here anything. What has happened?"


    Listen check: (1d20+9)[19]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Logan

    Was that an alarm followed by magical silence? Either way, It seems our captors have been alerted. Do I smash the door and burst into an unknown situation? Or do I let them come at me? Damn wizards, though, they can probably see through the wall. They'll just wait me out. And as long as I'm here, I'm a prisoner. Screw it, I'm going.

    Logan reaches for the door. If it doesn't open easily, he'll smash it down.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zincorium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Oomaskay

    Oom ***** an ear at the howl.
    (Knowledge nature (1d20)[8]+6 to see if type of creature can be identified)

    As Logan walks up to the door, Oom runs up behind him.
    "Hey now, let's be careful with this. If there is something dangerous on the other side, it'd be a bad thing to open it without being prepared to fight, yes? If we want to survive, we're going to have to focus our effort on just that."


    (ooc: is there a better word than a synonym for rooster for what I'm trying to do? The censorship of something inoffensive is annoying.)
    Last edited by Zincorium; 2008-02-09 at 03:33 PM.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

    Avatar by Meynolds!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    ("Bends an ear toward" would work)

    Logan

    If Logan can hear Oom (That is, if I'm wrong about the magical silence), he pauses, his hand about to try opening the door, to say "The longer we wait, the more likely they are to set up out there. Right now, they've only had ten seconds' warning that I'm busting out. You now have ten seconds to prepare for a fight before I bust out. I'm ready."

    If he can't hear Oom, he's trying the door, then smashing it if he needs to.

    (Logan really will be a team player, but right now he doesn't know any of you. Those that come with him will have his trust, loyalty and he will be much more likely to wait to plan with you.)

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Everyone can hear each other, the sound you heard is like no natural creature you can think of. The sound of scraping against stone breaks the silence on the other side of the door.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector
    Hector moves to crouch about 5 feet to the left of Logan, agaist the wall that the door is set in. He prepares himself for the likelyhood of combatants on the other side of the door. His fists raise in a defensive stance. He is ready to take anyone who enters through that door by surprise.

    Hide check- (1d20+11)[22]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zincorium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    "Here goes everything."

    Oom shifts into the form of a large wild dog and prepares to lunge through the door as soon as it opens.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

    Avatar by Meynolds!

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Oh, Logan does give Akiano time to check the door as he wanted

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    As the scratching gets closer there is a loud clang and some whimpering, then another clang and the silence beyond the door returns.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Corwin
    Tallsih, and thin as a rail, Corwin lurks at the back of the group, both sizing up his allies, and trying to assess his options when they door opens. He'll also take the opportunity to cast Mage Armor on himself, and then he'll do his best to conceal himself in the shadows at the corner of the rooms

    Hide Check: (1d20+8)[24]

    "So, I suppose this is a prudent time to ask if anyone knows what's going on here?
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    The elf looks back at the group and keeping his voice as much down as possible, says "I don't know. But we need to get out of here... if we stay here any longer we're gonna die to our captors anyway, like the other prisoners before us. This might be our only chance. Everbody ready for whatever is behind that door?"

    Then he attempts to pick the lock (however, he does not open it yet).
    Open lock - (1d20+10)[26]
    ((OOC: normally it's +12 but got a -2 penality for no tools))

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Logan

    The big guy nods as Akiano deals with the door, and whispers "open it, I'll go first - with that dogman right behind me, right pooch?"

    He ruffles the hair on Oomasky's head, then turns to Corwin and grins. "I know exactly what's going on here: We're leaving."

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    The door flies open, there are large iron spikes extending from the wall, through two people who appear dead. There seems many more holes in the wall where things may come out. You see a door ajar at the end of the hall.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Logan

    Logan begins his rush out the door, but halts immediately as he takes in the scene. First he waves at Oom to stay. No sense charging out into that! "I assume your skill with the door applies to spikes in the wall, too." he says to Akiano. He waves the roguish captive on out forward.

    We're through the door. We're free. Now we can take our time figuring this thing out. Logan turns back to the room and asks the crowd, "Are there any sticks or stones back there? Bones? Shards of glass? A hammer, even? Maybe a rat?"

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector
    "I think the trigger for that trap is in this dragon head. Remember how it lit up? I think we need to deactivate this dragon head, because most if not all the passages oustdie will be impassable with that trap."

    Hector looks out the doo to study the situation. Are there spikes (holes for spikes to come out) on the ceiling? The floor? Where on the wall are they situated? How far apart, and how low/ high on the wall are they? "In the event that there is no way to disable the spikes from here, we may need to send someone to search for another way. Someone who can safely navigate through this mess."
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    (Sorry for not having been here yester day ive been busy. ill read and up and fall into the story later.)OOC

    Edit: Im thinking it may be easyier to maker me of those that was takin away.
    Last edited by Kanti; 2008-02-10 at 12:37 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    @browng-08 - The holes are on the floor, ceiling and walls of the hall way. They are set in such a way you can see a pattern where they will not hit but it would require some timed jumping.

    @Kanti- no just start now with everyone.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    Listening to both of his fellow escapees after each other, he decides on the apparently not as lethal option. He turns to Logan, saying: "I might be able to make it through this alive, but... I'd rather take a look at the dragons head first, as our friend here suggested."

    ((OOC: Everything below is assuming the head is to high mounted for my 4'08 tall elf to reach it by himself, and assuming the head is big enough to stand on it.))

    He walks under the head, taking a short look at it... then he turns to his new companions "Anybody can give me a shove so I can get on top of this to check it properly?".

    ((OOC: In case he can reach it: Climb - (1d20+3)[17] & Search - (1d20+15)[27]))

    /Edit: ((OOC: Hey, do those 2 dead guys look like our former captors? What race are they, what race are our former captors, how did they look?))
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-02-10 at 03:19 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Logan

    Logan Wraps his hands around Akiano's waist and hauls him up as high as he wants.

    /Edit: (oh yeah, the dead guys. Are their bodies within easy reach? I wouldn't mind a meat shield. Or y'know, just throw them down the hall to set off more of the spikes . . . perhaps we have some expendable (NPC) captives? )
    Last edited by Jay Emby; 2008-02-10 at 03:24 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Corwin
    (smirking)Apparently not leaving as fast as you'd like, huh macho man?

    Corwin will give the Dragon's Head a good look from below, and provide any more of a boost Akiano might need to reach up there.

    How far down the hallways are the people impaled on the spikes? Are there any "spike holes" between us and them? Could we get to thier bodies with little risk?
    Last edited by deathbyhokie; 2008-02-10 at 03:25 PM.
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Logan

    Ignoring the sarcasm, Logan simply answers "No, We're not leaving as fast as I'd like. You want to look up there, too, so as to speed up our leaving. You don't look very heavy, I'd have no problem holding you both up."
    Last edited by Jay Emby; 2008-02-10 at 04:03 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Corwin
    Aw, hell, I'll take a look too.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search: +10 (1d20+10)[12]
    Last edited by deathbyhokie; 2008-02-10 at 03:42 PM.
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano finds a switch behind the dragon head. No idea what it does though.

    The men in the hall are too far away to reach from where you all stand by about 15 feet.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Having stayed silent thus far, a young girl with a noble sense about her, finally speaks up
    Lilly "I think it would be wise for the rest of us to step back before you mess with that switch"
    Last edited by Kanti; 2008-02-10 at 10:55 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •