Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 119
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector

    To Akiano: "Elf, flip the switch. We'll search this room for anything we can throw out into the hallway to see if the trap will still trigger."


    Starts searching the room for anything he can use to throw out of the room. Anything big enough to throw and small enough for Logan to move.

    Search (1d20+6)[7]

    ((OOC: I suggest someone who actually has ranks in sarch back me up on this one))
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector

    Assuming I've failed to locate anything with that natural one, I'm gonna take 10 on my nest search check.
    Search (taking 10)=16
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Corwin

    Corwin will hop back down and help Hector search the room for trap-bait


    Search +10 - (1d20+10)[25]
    Last edited by deathbyhokie; 2008-02-10 at 11:47 PM.
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Assuming the switch is pressed:
    "Stop wasting time and just try moving through. Seriously! I don't have time to waste pondering traps!"
    attempting to jump to the previously mentioned safe pattern:
    jump check (1d20+7)[22]
    Last edited by Kanti; 2008-02-11 at 12:27 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector

    "Fool! The trap may not be deactivated yet! Don't get yourself killed. What about the rest of your fellows, who may not be as agile. Will you rush off and leave them behind?"


    ((How's that search check coming along?))
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    "I am no fool! I am a Knight of the Holy Guard, and i would never be as cowardice as to leave innocent people behind! But how do i know you are so. For that matter, how can I be sure any of the others don't deserve to be imprisoned! I will locate our captors and request as to why I was jailed and do the same for all of you. If the traps truly are disabled, then i will assist you until you give me reason not to. But know this, if the cause is just in the eyes of my gods I will not hesitate to assist in your re imprisonment! Do I make my intent clearer enough to you sir monk!?"

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector
    "You would do well to hold such thoughts in your head, fool. You are surrounded by many others, in the same situation as yourself, where working together is the only option we have to escape. If you have doubts to our integrity, just remember, whatever we may have done cannot be worse than what you have done. Do you remember any crime? Anything deserving of this? We have been tested upon, cruelly, with no explanation or trial. Exactly how do you assess this situation to place us as warranting your suspicions? And, even if you have good reason to think we are less than innocent, you should note that you are hopelessly surrounded and unmatched. If you present us anytrouble, I will leave your unconscious body here, where our captors may find you, the greatest fool among us, to be tested upon again."
    Hector's steely gaze does not leave Lily. He plans to stare her down, asserting dominance over the zeolous paladin. This way, she may be more cooperative.
    Intimidate- (1d20+4)[24]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Slightly angered now at the monks attempts to frighten her into submission, Lilly screams back in an enraged tone, "Did i not just inform that be your intentions just i shall not hesitate to aid you! I however will not be made to sit idly when i am able to move ahead! One of us advancing faster could prove to hasten the situation greatly, and i am willing to take risks to see this accomplished!"
    Screaming loudly and asserting her-self to show she will not be dominated easily,
    she attempts let him know he is not in charge
    counter intimidate:(1d20+6)[10]

    (OOC: COME ON. a 4. are you friggen serious)
    Last edited by Kanti; 2008-02-11 at 02:07 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector
    ((Sweet, I got a natural 20!))
    "I should think that you are better to us alive. At least wait until we can be sure that that trap is off." Hector walks up to Lily and extends his hand in a gesture of friendship (handshake), hoping the paladin will come to her senses and calm down.
    Last edited by browng-08; 2008-02-11 at 02:17 AM.
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Thornberry

    The small Gnome had spent the entirety of the arguments simply smirking. We was sitting cross legged on the ground where his cage had been when the girl begins her jumping escapades. " I would just like to point out, that sitting here yelling at each other is no way to get us out of here. Milady, if you would be so kind as to return to the room, I would like to try something.

    Should Lilly come back to the relative safety of the room, Thornberry's hand would become wreathed with a purple and black flame. He would send it careening at one of the corpses in an attempt to cause it to move. (("Ranged Touch Attack" - (1d20+7)[11]))

    If she didn't he would simply wait and see if she or someone else would fail in their endeavors and trigger the trap.

    Take the Hecatomb™ TCG What Is Your Doom? quiz.



    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    As the others stopped arguing, he says: "Are you done now? Because I'm going to use that switch now, and you just MIGHT want to be on your toes if this room turns into a giant deathtrap once I pull the switch. Ok then... good luck if I won't survive this..." Then he uses the switch while he thinks By Corellon, I should have stayed home to become a wizard like my father wanted...

    ((OOC: Italic = thoughts. Also, I ready a action to get out of the way if theres any danger.))
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-02-11 at 01:58 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zincorium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Oomaskay

    Seeing that the group is faced with a notable lack of opponents to be bitten, Oomaskay shifts back to half orc form and looks at the obstacle.

    "If the switch doesn't enable us to get past safely, I might, repeat, MIGHT be able to jump the area. The question is whether that's going to help the rest of you. Also, I'd like to point out that anyone who doesn't feel like they want to help, can tell the rest of us so we don't waste our time. It doesn't matter who's leader if we've got a plan we all agree with, and it looks like we may."
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

    Avatar by Meynolds!

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Logan

    Logan shakes his head. Sure I'm rushing to escape, but it's tactical. I ain't foolish enough to dash blindly into a trap, never mind seeking out my captors! There's someone I ain't following, someone I don't want following me.To his fellow captives, he says "I'm fine with letting her set off this trap, and all the rest we come across."

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    As the switch is flip all the spikes dart out of their hiding places, leaving a tunnel through the center of the hallway. The searching of the room turns up nothing but old rags.

    For those that go through and look through the door at the end of the all.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The next room is about 15'X15' with a blue pillar in the middle. The pillar sparks with energy, another person and 3 guards lie on the ground quite dead. The man seems burned, while the guards look to be ripped apart. Their armour is ruined but their weapons (2 longswords and a two-bladed sword) seem fine.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zincorium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    "Whoever did this, they were obviously more than a match for the guards. Not a single corpse of our captor's foes remains. While I'd be overjoyed by the news of a friendly combatant, we may be in greater danger here then we were in our cages. Best to keep moving."

    Oomaskay begins making a check for any sort of door, leaving the pillar alone as it's properties are still unknown.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

    Avatar by Meynolds!

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Corwin
    Can we reach the guards on the spikes, and pull them off? If so:

    Hey, Muscles, come over here, and throw this at the pilliar. Everyone else might want to clear out first though

    If the guards are otherwise stuck/immovable, Corwin will spend a few turns looking at the pilliar and room with Detect Magic.
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Having had no other chose then to calm down, Lilly advances down the hall into the room. Immediately noticing nothing else but the two-bladed-sword nigh 5 feet away. She immediately grabs it up "To find my weapon of choice before me is truly a blessing. May the gods be praised!"

    edit:i had originally posted long sword, but after reading up on it, i would prefer the two bladed. I'll just have to take 2 weapon fighting as soon as possible

    scratch part of the first edit. i already have 2wf.
    Last edited by Kanti; 2008-02-12 at 12:03 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector
    "Well, now that makes things easier."
    Hector clamly leaves the room and proceeds to the entrance of the room.
    Spot- (1d20+9)[29]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    "Phew..." he just lets the air out of his lungs, releasing some tension - visibly reliefed that he didn't get skewered by spikes as he flipped the switch.

    Then he jumps down from the dragons head, following the others into the room, his hands still trembling slightly from the adrenaline rush. Then he remembers that he should do whatever is withhin his capabilitys to get out of this and beginns searching the room.
    Search - (1d20+15)[22]

    ((OOC: Dang. No profiency with any of those weapons. Thought I'll still be grabbing one of the longswords unless any of you guys has any use for the secound one (first one goes to Logan, thats obvious, I think), at least then my attacks will be lethal and won't provoke a AOO.))

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Thornberry

    Thornberry snickered at the mad dash for weapons. "You people and your reliance on steel." He said quietly. After he spoke, He would gather his will and utter two more words.

    "Araneo Marsxi"

    A faint purplish aura would surround him for a moment before coalescing around his hands and disappearing. He then follows suit after the other prisoners. Attempting to aid the other prisoners in a search of the room.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Spider walk invocation and then rolling a search check
    "Search Check" - (1d20+3)[17]
    Last edited by Doberler; 2008-02-12 at 08:03 AM.

    Take the Hecatomb™ TCG What Is Your Doom? quiz.



    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Logan

    Accepting the nickname "Muscle" - It's what he is was before all this, how he earned his gold, Logan picks up one of the corpses. He also grabs one of the longswords. "Throw it at the pillar?" he asks, perhaps for reassurance, but also to remind everyone that he's about to do it, maybe you'd like to get back in case this goes all freaky.

    But before he tosses the corpse to its second doom, he wracks his brain for any clue what the pillar might be (Spellcraft: (d20+6)[9]' Arcana: (d20+5)[18]). Unless he knows of any compelling reason not to, he throws the body at the corpse.

    (Hey, I'm glad I didn't take the exotic double weapons so that there's no debate)

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Zincorium's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Oomaskay

    "I don't need a sword, my fangs are the best weapon I've ever wielded. And, 'muscles', please be careful, what you're doing may be the best course of action but that doesn't mean you'll be okay. I'll stand by to use my gifts to heal you if neccessary."
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

    Avatar by Meynolds!

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincorium View Post
    "I don't need a sword, my fangs are the best weapon I've ever wielded. And, 'muscles', please be careful, what you're doing may be the best course of action but that doesn't mean you'll be okay. I'll stand by to use my gifts to heal you if neccessary."
    Corwin

    The way I see it, the dead folks are in there, not out here at the top of the hallway. If the pillar did something out here I suspect we'd see bodies, or evidence of it. Still, discretion is often the better part of valor...

    Muscles, hold off for a second.


    With that, Corwin will run a Detect Magic across the room, before Muscles throws the dead body at the pillar.
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    "I don't think attacking the pillar to be a wise decision. Investigating it, yes; throwing a body, no. We also need search for other exits, or perhaps this pillar is some sort of transportation device?"

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    (I just noticed that our DM had us at the threshold to the room, not inside it. I'll point out that Logan was the among the last down the hallway, as he was grabbing a corpse from the spikes . . . y'know, just in case the pillar sends out massive lightning bolts at anyone who steps into the room, like our fleet-footed paladin with the greedy hands who pounces at baubles )
    Last edited by Jay Emby; 2008-02-13 at 04:12 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Corwin, also, never passsed the threshold, but did his issuing of orders, and Magic scan from outside the doorway. He strongly suspect there's another trap in the room, and would like to avoid being injured/killed.

    Ergo the idea of throwing a body in and seeing what happened.
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    @deathbyhokie - you detect everything here has a residual magic of some kind even you and your companions. The pillair however stands out like a becon of power.

    @Jay Emby as you throw a piece of something into the room a bolt of energy strikes it. You quickly manage to stop the others from running into the room.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    ((OOC: Woah! Ok, so in that case my akiano didn't search the room, he checked for traps instead - and definitely failed his check since that trap is magical and to detect magic traps you've gotta make a 25+ search check))

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Emby View Post
    (I just noticed that our DM had us at the threshold to the room, not inside it. I'll point out that Logan was the among the last down the hallway, as he was grabbing a corpse from the spikes . . . y'know, just in case the pillar sends out massive lightning bolts at anyone who steps into the room, like our fleet-footed paladin with the greedy hands who pounces at baubles )
    (( you made an excellen point, and im not greedy. its called likeing to deal upto 26 damage with a slightly improvd crit range.) boo for magical traps!)

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    (I didn't mean anything by it - I understand the desire to have your character armed)

    Muscles

    "Well, I'm at a loss. Who here is Brains?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •