Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 119 of 119
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    (( I may not have been clear, but Muscles scribed "Ward Me" in draconic on his arm, along with writing "Ward Yourself" on his chest in common. Anyway, the bolt misses - useless magical trap ))

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Emby View Post
    (( I may not have been clear, but Muscles scribed "Ward Me" in draconic on his arm, along with writing "Ward Yourself" on his chest in common. Anyway, the bolt misses - useless magical trap ))
    (My bad no bolt then)

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Corwin

    Cowin will aid Akiano in his search around the door for traps (1d20+10)[19].

    He'll also take a couple looks through the doorway to see what awaits us up ahead.
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    "I think I found something... come here, everbody." He then outlines the secret door with his fingers, so everyone else notices it. "Looks like our captors build a additional door in there. We've got to be careful though, they could have build this thing just for this scenario and added a trap."

    s***load of rolls:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He searches the door for a trap, repeating the process if he doesn't find a trap at first.
    search - (1d20+15)[20]
    search - (1d20+15)[20]
    search - (1d20+15)[24]

    If he finds a trap, he attempts to deactiveate it. ((OOC: You've go to roll that disable device check since it's rolled in secret - Akiano got a +13 and trys again if he fails at his first attempt.))

    If he can't find any traps - or found a trap and sucessfully deactivated it - he listens on the door.
    listen - (1d20+11)[26]

    If he can't hear anything, he picks the lock (assuming it has even has a lock), again trying 2 more times if he doesn't succeed at first.
    open_lock - (1d20+10)[30]
    open_lock - (1d20+10)[17]
    open_lock - (1d20+10)[14]
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-02-19 at 04:31 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    @deathbyhokie- there seems to be no trap

    @#Raptor- there seems to be no trap or sound. the lock is non existent.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    After finishing his extensive search, he says: "Seems this thing doesn't have a trap. Gonna take a peek now." Then he Slowly opens the door and looks around the door, careful not to be noticed by anyone that may be waiting behind the door and takes a close look at everything behind the door, still listening for sounds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently - (1d20+12)[29] (to open the door as silently as possible)
    Hide - (1d20+12)[14] (to hide behind the door)
    Spot - (1d20+11)[28]
    Listen - (1d20+11)[15]


    If he can't see or hear anything threatening, he'll fully open the door and move in.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    @#Raptor -
    Spoiler
    Show
    jack pot. You found some kind of armoury.
    within is
    10 Studded leather armour.
    10 longswords.
    2 Quarterstaves
    a bolas
    5 insignias
    20 gold coins.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector grabs a quarterstaff from the armoury and ties it loosely to his back, for easy retrieval. "I have no need of the rest, as I already have an insignia. I suggest someone grab the other quarterstaff, as it may get usefull along the way." Hector proceeds to the narrow door/hallway and slowly walks through keeping an eye out for movement around him or on the other side.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot- (1d20+9)[13]
    Listen- (1d20+9)[15]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    ((Lilly will gladly take a studded leather, and any thing else no one takes, so that we could sell it all for GP))"Weapons and armor, we are truly blessed. Now i shall be able to defend righteous and defeat the wicked"((corny i know, but i had to. Also, its kinda been moving slow here whats up?))

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2007

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    ((Is there anything sized for small creatures?))

    Take the Hecatomb™ TCG What Is Your Doom? quiz.



    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Muscles

    Muscles reaches for one of the suits of leather. The extra protection can't hur- wait a minute. This is just too handy. Forget it. I'm happy with the corpse's longsword . . . dammit! Muscles flings the longsword to the ground. "I am not using anything touched by these damned wizards."

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Corwin

    Corwin will pick up one of the Insignias, one of the leather armors, and the long sword.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sleight of Hand to conceal picking up the gold (1d20+8)[15]


    Priciples are a nice thing Muscles, but sometimes pragmtism trumps. At least take one of the armors with you. You never know when it might save your life.

    Corwin will then follow Hector to the door, looking down the hallway, and moving quietly
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot (1d20+4)[5]
    Move Silent (1d20+8)[21]
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Muscles

    "It's not a matter of principles. I don't know that I have any. But I do know I don't trust these wizards."
    Last edited by Jay Emby; 2008-02-23 at 02:19 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Muscles follows Corwin down the hall

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently (d20+5)[8]
    Spot (d20+2)[17]

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently- (1d20+9)[27]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    With a wide smile on his face he takes another longsword, one of the insignias and the secound quarterstaff. Then he sheates both longswords, keeping the quarterstaff in his hands.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed spot check to notice corwin picking up the gold.
    spot - (1d20+11)[20]

    He decides to try and convince the bulky human to get himself equipped."Well, if those items are trapped somehow, you might end up dead. But if we get into a fight and you are unarmored and unarmed - then you're definitely dead. And those wizards are going to be oh-so-happy to experiment on your dead body. Think about it. They'll probably turn you into some sort of undead monstrousity or something."

    Then he follows the others, just behind corwin. Whisphering he says "Good idea about the gold. It may not be of much use to us in here, but our escape probably isn't over once we left the building."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on move silently = 22
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-02-24 at 01:02 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    "You should definitely take up arms, we may encounter great foes, and you fists may not be strong enough!"

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    The group of you continue down the the hall. As you approach the end of the hall, the doors there open. Stepping into the hall is for guards who have weapons drawn. They notice you and ready themselves.

    Init (1d20+1)[20]

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Oh, this is it. Muscles hones in on the guard carrying the largest blade (sword before axe!) and steps in, fists raised. Rather than striking though, he grabs for the weapon.

    Initiative: (d20+5)[19]
    Opposed Attack Roll to Disarm: (d20+3)[11]

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hector's initiative- [roll]1d20+5
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Oops...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hector's initiative- (1d20+5)[10]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Hector
    Taken completely by surprise, Hector is off guard. But only for a second. A quick dash to the (hopefully) unarmed guard confronting 'Muscles'. Hector strikes, aiming for the unguarded jugular with a swift punch, followed by a crippling knee blow into a vulnerable kidney.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: Unarmed strike with flurry of blows
    To hit- first (1d20+3)[16], second (1d20+3)[10]
    Damage- first (1d6+3)[6], second (1d6+3)[7]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    huzzah for advancement in story
    initiative(1d20+3)[23]

    Edit:the forums roller has loved me lately. thats like the ninth natural 20 I've rolled in the last day.
    Last edited by Kanti; 2008-02-28 at 10:33 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    deathbyhokie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fredericksburg

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Initiative - (1d20+4)[7]

    Corwin will then cast Sleep at the lot of them. He'll do his best to avoid drawing an AoO, but if necessary, here's the Concentration check

    Concentration - (1d20+9)[16]

    And then up to 4 HD worth of them need a DC 18 Will Save to avoid taking a nap.

    EDIT: Clearly Kanti is stealing all the forum's luck.
    Last edited by deathbyhokie; 2008-02-28 at 11:45 PM.
    Av by Flame Master Axel

    Spoiler
    Show

    Corwin - Where Are We?
    Tod - Progress and Plight

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    just for fun and 'cause i have to know
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[7]

    edit: see i dont have all the luck, just when it matters
    Last edited by Kanti; 2008-02-29 at 12:47 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Munich
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Akiano

    Initative - (1d20+8)[14]

    Tightening the grip on his quarterstaff, he attacks the next guard that is flanked but not already attacked by his companions.

    attack - (1d20+3)[22] ((normal bonus = +1, flanked = +2))
    damage - (1d6+3)[6]
    sneak attack - (1d6)[6]

    Additional rolls if its only a 5-ft step and Akiano can attack with both ends:
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack - (1d20+3)[18]
    damage - (1d6+1)[3] (with the other end)
    sneak attack - (1d6)[6]
    If the first guard that he attacked is already unconscious, he attacks the next one in range with his secound attack (if he gets a secound attack).


    /Edit: Boo ya!
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-02-29 at 11:06 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    OOC:why is every one already doing things. we havnt even begun combat yet.
    and we dont even know the size of the battle map or the position of the guards.
    Last edited by Kanti; 2008-02-29 at 04:13 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    browng-08's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    It's preemptive. How long you wanna wait for warlock to come back?
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kanti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TBD
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Prison Break (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by browng-08 View Post
    It's preemptive. How long you wanna wait for warlock to come back?
    ill wait as long as i have to. they may not even be in move range, and we would have to run or charge. ide rather wait for the full circumstance to be presented to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •