New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Rob And Jack, An Interactive Webcomic

Thanks for the bump goats. I'm in DC right now, still a couple days from home and behind on the next comic. so I apologize with this
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I gots a comic for you!

I believe the term is "Mow Down"
    Spoiler
    Show

And, A character Bio!
    Spoiler
    Show

Rob is human; he is just a very short human. Specifically, he is what we beyond the fourth wall would refer to as a dwarf.
    Rob was orphaned as a young child. However, he was picked on in the orphanage because rather than his parents being killed by raiders, pirates, tyrants, evil wizards, or one killing the other then running off (as was the fate of most of the orphan’s parents), Rob’s parents died from eating a bad batch of fish, which is not nearly as dramatic or easy to swear revenge against. While he was still young he was adopted by the Ironwind Empire and was trained to serve as a bodyguard. Upon completing his training he was given as a bodyguard to the adventuresome Duke Krisnat, who had emerged from countless perils without a scratch on him, or for that matter the bodyguard or soldiers he had encountered the peril with (but this was considered irrelevant). A week after Rob was assigned to him, the Duke took it into his head to slay a local dragon. Rob decided he wasn’t getting paid enough for that and ran for it as soon as they stepped inside the dragon’s lair. It was assumed that the last adventure of the great Duke Krisnat had also taken the life of his bodyguard.
    Ever since then Rob has been working as a Mercenary-Adventurer. He encountered Jack after the Call told him to “Battle the most skilled wizard he could find”. They fought for awhile, then decided that Battle did not necessarily mean “Kill”.

Hopefully, I'll have the next comic with a question, up tonight!

In the meantime, Comments?
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-03-25 at 04:07 PM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Re: Rob And Jack, An Interactive Webcomic

Anytime buddy love this comic
    *goes back to spring break paradise*
    Newest Avvy by Bisected8

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Great comic,as always.
    My last breath... is also my mintiest- Thieve's Guild Guy
    Tear down creation just to see if you can- Jephton the Unholy
    Punish the Dragon-Bitch- Ganonran, Terror of a Tousand Planes
    Hey! My purse!- Kobold Theif
    Thank you for so generously healing the sunburn I only had because of you-

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like what Rob is saying in his bio.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Comic, as promised. It's still last night Somewhere.
    Pottery Brawl
    Spoiler
    Show

What should Rob and Greg do?
    1: Dodge past the golems, chop through the dwarves and kill the golems controller.
    2: Have Oscar golembane their weapons, then go and bash those pots.
    3: Stay here behind the nice cozy barricade.
    4: Pull farther back into the room and Lay in ambush, as Per Blayze's plan (see below)
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-03-26 at 09:14 PM.
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd say it's a toss up between options 1 and 2. 1 involves going past the golems, so I'm going to vote

8. - Top - End - #218

3: Stay here behind the nice cozy barricade. All of the above!

I mean, we don't want more golems being popped in do we? And the ones there could cause problems....

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    3: Stay here behind the nice cozy barricade. All of the above!

I mean, we don't want more golems being popped in do we? And the ones there could cause problems....
    Building Clay golems is a lengthy process, you can't just pop them in (Glass golems are the only ones that can be built on the fly, one of the reasons they are so useful). Also, if you kill the controller the ones there stop working, so theres no point in bashing them after the controller is dead.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-03-26 at 10:24 AM.
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

My theory is that either way they're going to have to go past the golems, so they can either bash them up and then kill the lone controller, or they can duck past them and handle both them and the controller.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Re: Rob And Jack, An Interactive Webcomic

Agreed, I vote 2, Golembane dem potheads!(whammy)
    Newest Avvy by Bisected8

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

2. I want to see them shatter (just like my dad's pottery)
    My last breath... is also my mintiest- Thieve's Guild Guy
    Tear down creation just to see if you can- Jephton the Unholy
    Punish the Dragon-Bitch- Ganonran, Terror of a Tousand Planes
    Hey! My purse!- Kobold Theif
    Thank you for so generously healing the sunburn I only had because of you-

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

I choose option four.

Oscar casts Golembane on the guns, allowing the Kobolds to lay down some golem-disabling covering fire while Rob and Greg smite the Dwarves and the controller.

Hmm. If Oscar's golem has been shattered, can he control the glass shards to use as weapons? If so, some form of shrapnel attack would be good round about now.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I choose option four.

Oscar casts Golembane on the guns, allowing the Kobolds to lay down some golem-disabling covering fire while Rob and Greg smite the Dwarves and the controller.

Hmm. If Oscar's golem has been shattered, can he control the glass shards to use as weapons? If so, some form of shrapnel attack would be good round about now.
    Golembane only affects melee weapons, I mean DUH, come on, I totally remembered to tell you that before.

And yes, oscar still gets a few seconds of control over the glass shards (useful information for the future), but the shards wouldn't be much good against teh clay golems.
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground

1 because deactivated golems make the baricade even better barricades then anything else they got.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

16. - Top - End - #226

That information regarding the shards (And Golembane) has been duly noted and filed for later reference.

Does Golembane work by contact alone? If so, then Oscar would be able to cast it on the weapons the golems are using themselves.

deactivated golems make the baricade even better
    Now *there's* an idea. Here goes...

Option Four - Everyone stays behind the barricade, and Oscar dispenses the Golembane. It's a narrow room, so due to the size of the golems, it would be better for our heroes if they fought in the room itself. The golems will serve as a barricade of their own while they're in the room, and if they can be used to clog up the doorway...

Ah, that all depends on one other question, though: Do Golembane strikes have the power to banish golems, or just to render them inert? Either way, staying behind the barricade in a room that can be easily defended seems to be the best bet.

Edit: We're down to four Kobolds in front of the barricade, but all that really means is that there's one gun nobody's using. One of the Kobolds (They're bound to be better at shooting guns than our heroes) needs to pick it up and keep on blasting.

If they can't handle two guns, it needs to be given to somebody who can get the most use out of it. Rob doesn't need a gun, and probably couldn't handle the fiddly stuff required with his hands encased in metal.

Jack could always use a backup weapon while he replenishes his magic, and the same goes for Oscar. Greg might not need it.

Edit: I just realised, the last two panels are in the wrong order. No wonder that conversation made no sense. :P
    Last edited by Blayze; 2008-03-26 at 08:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

/\ has my support (changing choice)

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    That information regarding the shards (And Golembane) has been duly noted and filed for later reference.

Does Golembane work by contact alone? If so, then Oscar would be able to cast it on the weapons the golems are using themselves.

Now *there's* an idea. Here goes...

Option Four - Everyone stays behind the barricade, and Oscar dispenses the Golembane. It's a narrow room, so due to the size of the golems, it would be better for our heroes if they fought in the room itself. The golems will serve as a barricade of their own while they're in the room, and if they can be used to clog up the doorway...

Ah, that all depends on one other question, though: Do Golembane strikes have the power to banish golems, or just to render them inert? Either way, staying behind the barricade in a room that can be easily defended seems to be the best bet.

Edit: We're down to four Kobolds in front of the barricade, but all that really means is that there's one gun nobody's using. One of the Kobolds (They're bound to be better at shooting guns than our heroes) needs to pick it up and keep on blasting.

If they can't handle two guns, it needs to be given to somebody who can get the most use out of it. Rob doesn't need a gun, and probably couldn't handle the fiddly stuff required with his hands encased in metal.

Jack could always use a backup weapon while he replenishes his magic, and the same goes for Oscar. Greg might not need it.

Edit: I just realised, the last two panels are in the wrong order. No wonder that conversation made no sense. :P
    Woah..they are, I needs to fix that.

Alright, the low-down on Golembane ( I really should think these things through better)
    Spoiler
    Show

Golems are physical shells animated by magic. Technically, there is nothing magical about the physical body of the golem itself except that it has been built in such a way as to accomodate the magic itself. For a metaphor, think of the golem as a bowl and the animating magics as water. While the bowl is full of water the golem is animated, when it is no longer full of water it is inert. Now, you can either damage the bowl until it is no longer capable of holding the water, or you can remove the water..Golembane is cast on a willing person, weapons they use (drain some of the animating energy out of the golem and then disperse it. Kind of like using a cup to scoop the water out of the bowl. It is therefore useful when damaging the golem until it is inert is not practical (For most golems, you need things like sledgehammers and picks to deal significant damage, knives and swords won't do). The end result is an empty shell, given time sombody could re-animate the golem with the same ritual used to animate it in the first place, but this is not practical in the heat of battle.

So lets call that an extension of option 3, everybody stays behind the barricade and lures the golems in. That said, I better fix those panels.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-03-26 at 08:20 PM.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #229
    Barbarian in the Playground

Option 1 with one or two kobolds and Greg instead of that slow-ass Rob. Rob can get the Golembane.
    sorry to:
    -neophyte's game
    -gladiator players
    -tlotb readers
    -irc 4e game dudes
    -tooth and claw

apologies for flaking out of all that stuff

20. - Top - End - #230

Ah, thanks for explaining a spell in a logical manner. Well, as logical as possible, anyway. At least it made sense.

Anyway, looks like it's all down to the Golembane-enchanted melee weapons here, with the remaining Kobolds (The four surviving Drakes, as well as Righty, Smokestack and No-Neck) covering the door to prevent pincer attacks (If their guns can't penetrate the golems).

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yay, The comic is fixed!

Oh yeah, from now on feel free to ask any questions concerning the setting/ way things work. I may not answer them of course, but theres not harm in asking.
    Well, there is harm in asking the Cherry Pie question, which should not be asked under any circumstances.
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

A mixture of 3 and 1 where the shards of glass are used as shrapnel against the dwarves and the controller, then the golembane to finish off those golems if the controller isn't dead.
    "Quiet tales of hamsters are foolish, but a man and his hamster that tear evil limb from limb? That's scary!" - Minsc

My DeviantArt: http://jlechuga.deviantart.com/
    If you like my work, feel free to watch me, favorite, tell your friends, or make a request. It might take me some time, but I'll take a crack at just about anything thrown my way.

If you'd like to use any of my pictures, just a link back to my DA page will work for credit. Thanks!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Alright, Unless I miscounted I think the winning ticket is number 2, bashing some golems! Right, Quickly boy inkscape, TO THE COMICING CAVE....

by which I mean start thinking of what I'm going to do with this...
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I really should have a comic for you guys. However, spring break just ended, so I'm still getting used to the whole school thing again. That combined with me playing Baulders Gate and a just kind of general lack of inspiration all lead to a lack of comic. I'll try to start on somthing tommorow, but my brain feels dead tonight.
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I was not able to finish the update, but I was able to get a part of it, and I feel bad about taking this long to make it, so I'll give it to you.

Shouldn't He Have Said "T-Minus"
    Spoiler
    Show

AND, a kinda preview of the next part to this update

Comments Plz, I lurves comments. I'll hopefully finish the update tommorow, if not, then on friday.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-04-02 at 10:30 PM.
    [/Center]

26. - Top - End - #236

Thank you; I needed that.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

The preview alone is awesome, the update is even moreso!

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

It made me smile
    Newest Avvy by Bisected8

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Part two
    Spoiler
    Show

You'll have to wait till I make part 3 to see what happens with Greg. Once I finish part 3 I'll put these in the archive, in the meantime, Comments?
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-04-03 at 10:34 PM.
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Bad. Ass.
    E-Mail = [email protected]
    AIM = SatansCPU

NaNoWriMo
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragonforce
    Spoiler