New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 01001001

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default 01001001

You see yourself in a large room. Seven other individuals fill the room. Yourself and six of the other people have formed a circle around a barefoot man in brown pants, a simple tunic and a long, white cloak. He wears a small pair of spectacles. His hair constantly fluctuates in length, almost like flowing water, howerever it is always short in the front, no matter how long it is in the back. His eyes change color and shape, his features constantly shift. Needless to say, you can't pinpoint who he is or a description of him because IT CHANGES EVERY TIME ANYTHING HAPPENS.

On the walls around you are long strings of ones and zeros. To show the wall to what you hope is the north:
    Spoiler
    Show

01001001 00100000 01000001 01101101 00100000 01010100 01100001 01101110 01101110 01100101 01110010 00101110 00100000 01001001 00100000 01110011 01101001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101100 01100001 01100001 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010100 01110101 01110010 01110001 01110101 01101111 01101001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100010 01101001 01100011 01111001 01100011 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101111 01100101 00100000 01100110 01101001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01100001 01100011 01110100 01110101 01100001 01101100 01101001 01111010 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100001 01100100 01101001 01110011 01101000 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 01101100 01111001 00101110

The man of all or nothing features looks at you all. He smiles. Maybe she. You could of sworn he had breasts a second ago, but he's a he now.
    "Hello all. How are you today? Oh, and please introduce yourselves. I know all of your names, but it would still be polite to do so for your accomplices."

"THE WONDEROUS SERVANT OF THE CHANGING MASTER AGREES ALOUD AMONG THE AMAZED-"
    You look up to see a 12 foot wide purple spider with a human skull for a head grinning at you all.
    The man chuckles. "I'm glad you agree, my friend."

Please, introduce yourselves.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: 01001001

Dalam

A wild looking halfling sits atop a 9 foot long weasel. Both are slightly dirty, as if unwashed after a long travel through the wilds. The halfling is a pretty averagespeciman with brown hair and brown eyes. He wears light traveling leathers under a shiny green suit of scale armor. A scimitar is hung from a leatehr belt covered in moon stones. A shield is hung from a harness that the weasel wears. The a slightly raspy, as if unused voive sounds in your heads I am Dalam, and this is Twitch. the halfling pats the weasel's side and then straightens You can call me Dal.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorg

"Where Thorg? Why Thorg Here? How Throg get here? Who you? Why you look funny?" The brutish looking half-orc apears puzzled, as if suddenly yanked from a dockside tavern. Large, elaborate tatoos scroll down the half-orc's biceps, one of a red dragon and the other of a vicious kraken, with tentacles outstreched and about to strike. His leather clothing is dirty and stained, but otherwise in good condition.

4. - Top - End - #4

The man sighs and smiles. "Thorg. The preists who wear the butterfly are my own. I am Tanner, the Lord of Evolution. Though Lady Alusia, a deity even stronger than Pelor or Morintu, has told us gods to take a lesser role in guiding the world, I have seen I needed the help of others. Others such as good old Thorg."

The spider giggles like and idiot. Tanner looks up to the spider and back to the people. "And this is the Weaver. This is... I think he is Coconut Bonbon Weaver now. He was Glass Filled Halway With Water Weaver before. But you may call him Weaver. He is one of my handservants. Better than slaads at being... chaotic..." Tanner smiled and looked about some more. "Thank you for introducing me to this fine Twitch, young Dalam. Now, the rest of you, respond please."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

5. - Top - End - #5

Andreas

A elf with his left part of his faced covered sits crossed leggedHello Tanner I am Andreas Goldenbow I am a traveler, a hunter, tracker and slayer of...Andreas looks at the half-orc for a second, then removes his covering on his face And slayer of the creatures who did thisA huge scare is on the elf's left checkIf my skills are needed I shall help in anyway I can
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

A creature in a black hooded cloak that looked to be the size of everyone else was part of the seven...but then the creature moved....upward...apparently this creature was just kneeling.....Standing this creature easily cleared the seven foot mark and was making it into the eight foot...The creatures hands came out from underneath the cloak to reveal that his nails were not nails but claws...The hand then pulled the hood back to reveal a mix between a human like face...and a lizard. Underneath his cloak there were glimpses of some type of armor and on his back he wore a sword that was almost as tall as him.

Caleb blinked at his surroundings. He could not remember what he was doing last...but now he was here...What had happen? Why was he here? Had they found him? Caleb's eyes shifted to one person to the next...His big lizardlike hand finding his way to the hilt of his sword on his back...He did not unseeth the rather large greatsword out of it resting place...not yet anyway.... He was not one to judge people by their looks....for he himself looked like a freak himself. He looked to the ever changing "someone" and spoke in a questioning tone

"What magic brought me here? And why cant i remember what i was doing?" Caleb was clearly being cautious...but not without good reason..."If you say you know are names why cant you introduce us instead of each of us giving up are names so easily? For all we know...you dont know are names"
    My town charactor Caleb Micheal

~it is harder to lose than it is to win~ -Me-

7. - Top - End - #7

Dal

Dal looks at the somewhat hostile lizard thing. Telepathically to Caleb, Dal says in his raspy little voice Well, if he is powerful enough to pull us across the framework of the planes, then hostilities with him would be foolish. But if you insist on killing yourself, that is your choice.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-02-10 at 03:55 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Touching the wall, a young man of average height stands transfixed by the sequence of numbers.

"Fascinating" he says.

He is quite a handsome fellow, with strong angular facial features. His good looks are accentuated by the purple and gold cloak he wears. You catch a glimpse of some shiny metal shirt that seems to waver between reality and etherealness.

Holding back dusty brown hair from his face is a platinum circlet set with a small green gem.

That's when he notices the presence of the rest of the people in the room.

"Oh, pardon me for being rude. Sometimes I get quite caught up in what I'm doing."

"Razael Al'kor,
    at your service." he says with a flourish of a bow.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Caleb smiles as he hears some words enter into his mind. This guy didnt have teeth but very long and very sharp looking fangs....it looked as though this guy could gnaw off someones leg with them....

Caleb spoke again "Hostility and cautiousness are two totally different things. If i were to be hostile i would have already pulled out my sword...i am merely being cautious. I asked some questions that i think have a right to be answered..." He again looked to the strange "someone" to the center of the 7

10. - Top - End - #10

Vashti

A gnome with a red-orangish color to her skin and red orange hair many shades brighter looks around her with bright eyes, almost as though she can't tell what to concentrate on, moving now back and forth between Caleb and Weaver, her expression one of wonder.

"Well, I'm certain that I don't know exactly how I came to be here, but this has got to be worth while. It's not every day that I get to meet such interesting new friends! Isn't it nice to have a name that's so easily adaptable?" she asks Weaver. "It's so much nicer to be able to change your name to reflect moods and situations, I have always found that, however some of the humans and such seem to have a problem remembering new names all the time and tend toward one. That's okay though, even if our names can make us forgettable, there's something about us that makes people remember. Me? My name is Vashtillianna Habanera Homally, but you can call me Vashti."

She pauses for a moment, as though she is digesting earlier events and turns to Tanner. "Say, did I know I was coming here? I can't quite seem to remember."
    Last edited by Zimmia; 2008-02-10 at 09:00 PM.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorg

"Why elf man no like Thorg?" The half orc still looks puzzled, but slightly less so than before.

12. - Top - End - #12

Andreas

Well a few seasons ago, I was employed as a caravan guard, and orcs attacked the caravan, there was a elven maiden who worked on the caravan and she was killed, I was trying to save her but I was wounded, but they left me too die. Ever since that raid, I have a hard time, around your kindAs andreas speaks he looks down, a tear falls down as he mentions the maiden
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorg

"Oh. Thorg sorry. Thorg's relatives jerks." Thorg turns back to Tanner. "What you want us do?"

14. - Top - End - #14

Tanner smiled. "Oh, I am glad I chose this group! Here is the basic run down: even gods have superiors. I am not the strongest god. If not for Glykllivar, Frostbite and Ollidammara, I doubt I'd be here right now.

I am what is called an interloper: a deity not of one of the major deific bloodlines. I am definietly one of the more prominent interlopers. I mean, yes, the Flame exists on the Material, but I am the one that has done the most.

Why, if not for my touch of sculpting, the gnomes such as Vashti may not have existed... though Oli was thinking of something similar...
    Anyhow, one of the other interlopers has begun a plan to increase his own power by dethroning the Big Blowha... I mean, Morintu, the Sky Lord. I know it isn't me, because I would LOATHE to be the god of undeath, and Denier and the flame don't normally do things like that. So I have begun to suspect the Lichgod. Er, Vecna. I keep forgetting, you mortals don't always know all of the titles. I know that Vecna and I became gods around the same time and in roughly the same way: arcane magic.

And so, I am here to ask you all for your help. I know Vecna lost a few things as a mortal that I still have. He lost his eye and hand, of course, and a few of us gods like to think he lost his head, but the biggest blow was an artifact he lost. The Sword of Kas. I myself have also lost a great and powerful sword to a follower of one of the Archfiends made by Morintu, named Michael.

So I want you all to help me by retreiving the Sword of Kas and the Butcher's Sword, so I may stop Vecna from destroying the Skylord. I dislike the Skylord, but I fear Vecna even more with that power. At least the Skylord is stopped by those silly rules of the Lock. But Vecna has no connection to the Lock. And if the Lock and my power in the Key were to come in contact... this world would only be a stone's throw from the Far Realm as far as similarities go.

Does that all make sense?"

The Weaver nods, and Tanner glares at him.
    "not to you, you overstuffed arachnid! Go find a mortal to grant some wishes to!"
    The Weaver bows (or curtsies. Not sure.) and walks off, dissappearing into nonexistance.
    Tanner looks at the group.
    "So, will you help me?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Andreas

Andreas mouth drops as Tanner says hes a god, then drops even farther when asked to help slay a god Well, uuuhhh If you need a elfs help I guess I could help, ... yes I'll help you. So we retrieve these two swords, the sword of Kaz and the butchers sword, Where exactly are these swords
    Last edited by de-trick; 2008-02-10 at 11:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

16. - Top - End - #16

Dal

This seems like an adventure that can take us far and wide, huh, Twitch? We'll do it. Come the wordless tones of Dalam.

17. - Top - End - #17

Vashti

"Help you? Prevent someone bad from overthrowing a God? You bet, let's go!" Vashti says excitedly. "I haven't heard of anything this exciting since the old epic stories long ago!" She reaches behind her for the elven harp slung across her shoulder and idly strums as her lips purse and she begins to compose a song.

-Walt Disney

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorg

"Me think me get it. You want us to get you pair of fancy swords? What Thorg get?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Caleb sighed and brought down his clawed hand to his side..."Looks as if we are going to be used by the gods..." Caleb muttered to himself as he rubbed his head. "It looks like we are being tossed in fights between gods....This is going to be one tedious task that you ask of us...god...I really hope that all of us will be well compensated for the troubles we will no undoubtedly be facing along the way..." Again Caleb sighed

20. - Top - End - #20

Razael's ears perk up.

"Fascinating!" he half-whispers. "You mean to tell me that one can become a god through magic?"

He pauses a moment in thought. "How do we, being mortals, know that you aren't telling us all these tales simply for the sake of acquiring the swords for yourself to further your own ends...rather than for furthering the greater good?"
    Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-02-11 at 08:00 AM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

21. - Top - End - #21

Tanner looked at the group. “In truth, all of you will be rewarded in your own ways. And don’t worry. I’m not all haughty-taughty like Pelor and expecting you all to ‘be rewarded by knowing you are furthering the greater good.’ But I’m also not going to give you an ultimatum, like I know Grazzt would. I prefer the company of Malcanthet over him anyway, but, oh well.
    “Here is how you will be rewarded. I am the god of evolution: I can evolve you. I can give you riches. I can help you all.
    Thorg, how would you like to have an entire tribe of half-orcs know you as one who aided a god? To think of you as a great hero? To have a weapon to be remembered by?
    Vashti, how would you like other bards to sing songs about you?
    Caleb, I can give you a place in the world where you will fit in.
    Razael, what if I allowed you to swim in the Life Pool, the pool of pure life? It is an amazing place. It has brought gods back to life, it has evolved them, and it even can grant life upon life upon life.
    Dal, I can help you and Twitch in any way possible. I can evolve Twitch so your weasel can be harder, better, faster, stronger, anything.
    Andreas, I can aid you with… oh… well, I do have an entire library filled with books. I am one of the Scholarly Gods, alongside Denier and Mystra. I could show you books upon books of archery techniques, or enchantments, or hunting secrets.
    If you accept my mission, I will give you each a symbol of myself, and a tool to aid you. Dal, and Vashti, you have already accepted. Vashti, I give you the sign of Trickery. Dal, I give you the sign of the Gallant.”

Upon Dal’s right forearm, a white winged butterfly tattoo appears. Upon Vashti’s, a black one appeared, with a scorpion one each of it’s wings.

“Dal, I also give you this ring. Vashti, I give you this knot. Untangle it when the answers to everything else are unclear. Dal, that ring will save you when the beasts of the world come against you. I’d give you more of a description, but Olli assures me it’s more fun this way.”

Tanner looks to regard the others. “Well? What about all of you?”
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Raz places his right hand upon his chin, his left arm wraps across his midsection, and his right elbow then rests upon his left arm.

"Your...eminence...I do not know of this Pool of Life, and it sounds fascinating and quite intriguing..." he pauses a moment, thinking. His eyes narrow and the skin of his forehead wrinkles. "...knowing that I helped in stopping an evil..interloper?...as you called your fellow being, would be quite a feather."

He goes silent again.

"Count me among your allies." he says, with a nod.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

23. - Top - End - #23

Dal

Dal looks at his forearm and the ring surprised. He slips the ring on after examining it carefully Well, if this is the before part of the payment, the after part will be nice. What can you tell us about what we need to do first? Where do we start and what do these swords look like? Who owns them now?

24. - Top - End - #24

Vashti

Startled out of her composing by Tanner speaking, she listened with her bright blue eyes as large as saucers as he explains the rewards that await each of them. She jumps visibly when the tattoo appears on her arm and touches it tentatively, almost as though expecting it to bite or otherwise hurt her, then takes the offered knot, gazing at it and marveling at its simple complexity. She stays quiet but by now she is bouncing on the balls of her feet; a spring waiting release.

-Walt Disney

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorg

"Thorg no warrior! Thorg smart! Thorg wizard!" Thorg is clearly incensed that Tanner would imply he would want to be remembered as a warlord.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Cloud scratched at his chin...and laughed a bit "I see you do know are names...I dont need a place to belong...i just want acceptance. But we shall see what you can provide god. Caleb Michael at your service"

27. - Top - End - #27

In THorgs Mind
    Spoiler
    Show

I would have you know that all of your kind owes it's existance to me, Tho. I created the changelings, all of those eons ago, and it quite literally gave me a splitting headache. I have to give them some hint that you are not one of the races born of evolution. How about instead I let you look through my library of spells? Or I give you a few wizardly items? Perhaps a look at my own personal traveling spellbook? It sounded like Tanner's voice, but at the same time, it was obviously telepathically stated.

"Razael! I give you two gifts as well! The sign of the Red Death and the Staff I myself used all those years ago as a mortal man, before I began to use whips." Next to Razael, a staff appears floating in the air, hovering a foot off the ground. It is covered in symbols of half-creatures, fron a mind flayer with draconic wings to a glabrezu with the bottom half of a spider to a tyrannosaurus with eagle wings. It glows with a prismatic, shifting light. On his arm, a red butterfly appears.

"Caleb Michael! The half and half again! Do not worry of your own heritage. I can trace my own mortal blood back to a word archon, a firre eladrin, a red dragon, a troll and a marilith. Well, and quite a few human leather workers. And one orc in there as well. You can imagine the ruckus I caused with the other gods when I ascended. ANyway, I give to you the sign of the Beast... not the bad one, the neutral one... anyway, I also have for you a special crystal. Tie it to your sword. Oh, and here's a piece of thread to tie it with." An amazing violet crystal shaped like a cracked frowning skull hovers infront of Caleb with a small piece of twine next to it. On his arm appears a green butterfly.

"Thorg? What about you?"

(BTW, I allow a Know(Religion) check to find about Tanner, Vecna or Morintu, but a separate roll must be done for each.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Rasael reaches out and grasps the floating staff.

"It's...beautiful..." he says, awe quite apparent in his voice.

Spoiler
    Show

ooc: rolls for the gods

Tanner - (1d20+9)[28]
    Vecna - (1d20+9)[25]
    Morintu - (1d20+9)[26]

Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorg

The half-orc seems to struggle inside himself for a moment, then comes to a decision. "Thorg suppose he have nothin' better to do. Might be fun. Just no sissy butterfly."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Caleb reaches his hand out and grabs the crystal and twine...looking at the crystal in his hand he pulls out another crystal that was almost the same size. "It almost looks like the crystal i have made...but mine does not take a shape." Caleb tucked his crystal back under his cloak...He then in on swift motion pulled out the weapon that was almost as big as himself...with only one hand...and drove it into the ground. It looked like a sword...but it was not made of metal but crystal as well. He started to tie the crystal skull to the bottom handle grip of his "May i ask what this crystal is for?" Caleb looked to his arm now as he realized that a green butterfly was put on his arm...."At least i already stand out like a sore thumb" Caleb groaned "What are the marks for?" His dragon side took over and he was now just being curious.....
    Last edited by CLouD2002; 2008-02-11 at 10:54 PM.