New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All Shook Up

1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: All Shook Up

The Solar appears both upset that his terms were not taken verbatim, and relieved that the situation did not end in somewhat one-sided violence.

"Very well. However, the Library is still closed, I believe. In any case, more paperwork than you have ever seen in your entire lives is required to find the information you are looking for. We wil be a while, I believe."
    And I am OUT.

How many signatures would a Tim have if a Tim could have a signature? Answer? None yet.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thorkild

Though he would have enjoyed testing his skills against the Solar, Thorkild realized that this was more likely to be effective in their larger goal. Well, it takes as long as it takes, but we all want it done as quickly as possible. You want this key out of my hands and in yours and we have our own time-critical goals. So, any influence you have that gets the building open faster or the paperwork less onerous would be appreciated. Unless threats or actual physical violence can influence those in charge of the paperwork, in which case we can probably handle it ourselves. Remember, we keep the key until we have what we need.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The scroll is in a way only a half of the writing. The lines that are on it are partial letters, another scroll inside the Library should complete them when laid over it. At any rate, we should probably head there now. It may open soon, it may not, but the closer we are when it opens, the less of a wait we most likely have.
    And I am OUT.

How many signatures would a Tim have if a Tim could have a signature? Answer? None yet.

4. - Top - End - #94

Devil

Vayne

Notably happier since they stopped talking and started moving, Vayne perks up quite and goes back to his bear form.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaon

When the solar seems to be ready to go, the dragon with its passengers follows alongside, while the second dragon follows the first dragon at some distance. If the Solar is moving much slower than the dragon can be, Zaon will offer the Solar a ride on the dragon so they can speed up, since, after all, the solar seems to not mind the haste.

6. - Top - End - #96

Thorkild, Paog and Itaravap

Thorkild stays on the dragon. Paog and Itaravap fly in the general direction of the others, maintaining a slightly higher altitude. Thorkild keeps a tight grip on the key and scroll.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The journey to the Library is short, taking less than five minutes. Standing guard at the gate is a complement of a few dozen Inevitables. The fight inside had happened less than a half hour ago, but the fires are already out, and there are several humans painting over the burnt window frames.

The large Marut at the point of the guards does not react to seeing this odd group, and instead informs you in a monotone:

"We are closed, and will re-open in twenty seven minutes, thirty six seconds."
    And I am OUT.

8. - Top - End - #98

Thorkild, Paog and Itaravap

Thorkild takes advantage of this pause to convene with Paog and Itaravap, while Tiayan extends his wings to prevent the Solar's view. Thus secluded, he pulls out the scroll to see if any of them can read it.

((sorry; this one slipped my mind; hope it hasn't died))
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Don't think it has, it hasn't been that long.]

As the Solar mentioned, it isn't even possible to tell what language the scroll was written in, because the letters are only partial.

I think I am going to have to be a slow poster for the next week. During that time, since we're at sort of a break, maybe you all could work on your plans for your stronghold? I'll still be posting, but it will move slowly. Ending next Sunday.
    And I am OUT.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaon

"Hmm.. you beat me again." States Zaon to one of his dragons as he finishes another game, this time chess, that he was playing with the dragon. This he has been doing for the majority of the waiting time, filling his time as they waited for the doors to open.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Almost back with internet. Story will move along monday, possibly tommorow.
    And I am OUT.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Marut's prediction is accurate to the second if anyone counted, and the doors swing open, revealing the entrance hall for the Library. It is about a hundred feet long, and half that wide and tall. The ceiling is elaborately painted with realistic depictions of scenery from all planes, and the pillars are all brilliant marble encased in silver and gold patterns. At the end of the hallway sits an old man at a large desk, his face mostly nondescript and human, but with a ticking gear where his right eye should be.

If no one speaks first, the Solar talks to him, requesting access to what you are looking for. The man informs him:

"Certainly, you all must simply sign these wavers here, here, here, here... (he continues, mentioning about fifty different contracts ranging from the length of a paragraph to nearly as thick as some books) ...using this pen, this one, NOT that one, and not signing here.

Also, do not forget that the ink of your signature on the final paper will fade unless you have brought some form of recorded knowledge to this library which we do not currently possess--a prospect which becomes more difficult by the minute."

The Solar lifts his hands in slight frustration--Pelor donates copies or original versions of all important texts already.
    And I am OUT.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Gaara

"Any form of recorded knowledge?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The man:
    "Yes."
    And I am OUT.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaon

"Well, I unfortunately do not have anything to contribute with recorded knowledge. Though I will go through the bookwork if nobody else wants to and we have something to donate." Says Zaon telepathically to the others of his group as he finishes up his last game with the dragon.