Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: Rotating DM Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Thymin View Post
    Elledan:
    The elf seems overly calm as he asks, "Wait. Are you saying that we cannot return, or simply that you cannot return us?"
    The thing replies, "I am unsure. All I know is that it is beyond my power to return you."

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Paladin Latham's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    on the coast
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rotating DM Game

    Woman on a Horse

    They are arguing over our allegance? They who could fight dragons on equal terms? Something is wrong here. I...I can't figure this out on my own...

    Looking at both creatures the woman speaks with authority;

    You both demand an answer now, but what you offer is unpalatable to say the least and must be discussed. Leave us. Return in one day and we will have the answer you seek.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reseve): Oathbreaker TGH
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reserve): Bloatsack the Vile
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reserve): Pin
    Character for The Grinder: Mr. Stabby


    Arena Tournament Medals (courtesy of The_Chilli_God)

    Arena Tournament. PvP. Forum Gaming. YES! GO!

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    DarknessLord's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rotating DM Game

    Dave

    Dave shakes his head.

    Lass, what we need isnt time to consider this, if we must make a choice, and as I stated Im not sure I like either option, time is not what we need. Give both creatures a chance to speak, so we have as much information as theyll give us, then we can take time to figure it out. Dave, spoke again, very bluntly and matter-of-factly however he (unintentionally) came across as slightly patronizing and like he felt like he was stating the obvious. He turned to the first creature.
    You done?
    Last edited by DarknessLord; 2008-02-25 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Tag fixing

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    elkhantar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in the space between
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rotating DM Game

    Kalender

    Ok, that's a pretty good summary, and a good offer if, as Elledan said, there are no strings attached. I'd swear there are no strings, but adamantite chains... What about you? he asks the second creature. Can you return us to where we belong? what do you think he really wants? he says, pointing to the first creature.
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-02-26 at 11:38 AM.
    a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location

    Default Re: Rotating DM Game

    "I dunno how you feel, but I feel that the first creature is not lying. He seems willing to help us, and to be honest, we have no idea where we are or how to get home. I vote we take his offer of friendship."

    Eire knows that this creature could have aimed a little closer taking this whole group out of the equation. Still this offer of friendship seems a little vague. Eire stands still holding his sword, as he expects to do for quite a while, it brings him great comfort.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    13_CBS's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006

    Default Re: Rotating DM Game

    "DEMAND? HMPH. I DO NOT SO MUCH DEMAND AN ANSWER AS MUCH AS I URGE YOU TO QUICKLY COME TO A DECISION. LIFE DOES NOT LAST LONG IN THESE WASTES, YOU SEE.

    AS FOR YOU...NO. I AM ALSO UNABLE TO RETURN YOU. THERE IS A POWERFUL FORCE AT WORK HERE THAT PREVENTS ANYONE FROM SIMPLY LEAVING THIS PLACE. NOT EVEN I COULD SIMPLY USE MY ENCHANTMENTS TO FLEE THESE WASTES..."


    Then the first creature turns to Dave. "Done? Quite so. I have offered my terms; come with me, and I shall provide you food, shelter, and supplies.

    If you wish to deliberate over this issue longer, then I shall leave you with enough supplies and shelter to last a day. I cannot guarantee your safety from other foul creatures, and I cannot provide you any further assistance than that, unless you join me. Likely, this other fool will offer the same."


    "OF COURSE."

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Thymin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Rotating DM Game

    Elledan:

    "It seems strange to me that both of you are offering us seemingly identical deals, yet you swear the other offers us only deceit. How are we to choose between two identical deals? What say each of you about what you think the other expects from us in return. After all there must be some reason why you loathe each other. After you each answer that question I think we will be able to come to our decision after a short deliberation."

    Hoping that the other mortals would be of help discerning the intentions of these creatures, the elf waits calmly for a response.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

    Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

    Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •