New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Rotating DM Game

Quote Originally Posted by Thymin View Post
    Elledan:
    The elf seems overly calm as he asks, "Wait. Are you saying that we cannot return, or simply that you cannot return us?"
    The thing replies, "I am unsure. All I know is that it is beyond my power to return you."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Woman on a Horse

They are arguing over our allegance? They who could fight dragons on equal terms? Something is wrong here. I...I can't figure this out on my own...

Looking at both creatures the woman speaks with authority;

You both demand an answer now, but what you offer is unpalatable to say the least and must be discussed. Leave us. Return in one day and we will have the answer you seek.
    Character Sheets:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reseve): Oathbreaker TGH
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reserve): Bloatsack the Vile
    Character for The Arena Tournament (reserve): Pin
    Character for The Grinder: Mr. Stabby

Arena Tournament Medals (courtesy of The_Chilli_God)

Arena Tournament. PvP. Forum Gaming. YES! GO!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dave

Dave shakes his head.

Lass, what we need isn’t time to consider this, if we must make a choice, and as I stated I’m not sure I like either option, time is not what we need. Give both creatures a chance to speak, so we have as much information as they’ll give us, then we can take time to figure it out.” Dave, spoke again, very bluntly and matter-of-factly however he (unintentionally) came across as slightly patronizing and like he felt like he was stating the obvious. He turned to the first creature.
    You done?
    Last edited by DarknessLord; 2008-02-25 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Tag fixing

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kalender

Ok, that's a pretty good summary, and a good offer if, as Elledan said, there are no strings attached. I'd swear there are no strings, but adamantite chains... What about you? he asks the second creature. Can you return us to where we belong? what do you think he really wants? he says, pointing to the first creature.
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-02-26 at 11:38 AM.
    a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

"I dunno how you feel, but I feel that the first creature is not lying. He seems willing to help us, and to be honest, we have no idea where we are or how to get home. I vote we take his offer of friendship."

Eire knows that this creature could have aimed a little closer taking this whole group out of the equation. Still this offer of friendship seems a little vague. Eire stands still holding his sword, as he expects to do for quite a while, it brings him great comfort.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

"DEMAND? HMPH. I DO NOT SO MUCH DEMAND AN ANSWER AS MUCH AS I URGE YOU TO QUICKLY COME TO A DECISION. LIFE DOES NOT LAST LONG IN THESE WASTES, YOU SEE.

AS FOR YOU...NO. I AM ALSO UNABLE TO RETURN YOU. THERE IS A POWERFUL FORCE AT WORK HERE THAT PREVENTS ANYONE FROM SIMPLY LEAVING THIS PLACE. NOT EVEN I COULD SIMPLY USE MY ENCHANTMENTS TO FLEE THESE WASTES..."

Then the first creature turns to Dave. "Done? Quite so. I have offered my terms; come with me, and I shall provide you food, shelter, and supplies.

If you wish to deliberate over this issue longer, then I shall leave you with enough supplies and shelter to last a day. I cannot guarantee your safety from other foul creatures, and I cannot provide you any further assistance than that, unless you join me. Likely, this other fool will offer the same."

"OF COURSE."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Elledan:

"It seems strange to me that both of you are offering us seemingly identical deals, yet you swear the other offers us only deceit. How are we to choose between two identical deals? What say each of you about what you think the other expects from us in return. After all there must be some reason why you loathe each other. After you each answer that question I think we will be able to come to our decision after a short deliberation."

Hoping that the other mortals would be of help discerning the intentions of these creatures, the elf waits calmly for a response.
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

Current Characters:
    Dravick: Human Bard - Adventurer's Guild - Team Badger/Otter

Custom Dravick avatar by Shades of gray.