New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurer: The Masquerade

Rowan

Rowan, having left the tavern with his "entourage," walks into the space behind the tavern, too small to really be an alley. "Who are you," he says, turning, "and why did you that? I didn't want to be mistaken for him until I was well out of here."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

2. - Top - End - #32

"I, uh, I..." Joss says, stammering. "You were pretending to be the Storm Prince, right? Well, I figured I kind of looked like Sir Baldrevedere, so I'd play along. I'm sorry if I ruined...something."

He looks around and sighs. Great. Back to making Craft checks until the cows come home.
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Emla

Emla comes bounding out of the tavern hot on the pair's heels. "That was amazing!" she gushes at them. "So spontaneous! So enthralling! So adroitly handled! I didn't even know there were any decent actors within a dozen leagues! Tell me, which troupe are you from?"

4. - Top - End - #34

Rowan

"Well, um, yes," he replies to Joss, "I suppose it's obvious now. I was trying to leave and find adventure. Fight the good fight, in the belly of the beast, that sort of thing. I felt useless sitting around the manor all day." Rowan narrows his eyes at Joss. "I take it you're not Sir Baldrevedere?"

Responding to Emla's sycophantic praise, he says, "Troupe? there's no troupe. I live on the estate just over that hill," as he gestures toward his home. "I guess I'm a local, Ms. ...?"
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

5. - Top - End - #35

"No, but I make his armor and things sometimes," Joss says morosely, kicking at a rock. "I work in the blacksmith's shop here."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Tristim

Quickly walking out as well, to avoid further trouble, he walked towards the others. 'Are you people crazy? if the real adventurers find out what you did...' He started, but, suddenly, his hand shot to the headband he was wearing, his face drained of colour, and he pulled it off quickly. 'What... we were doing.' He corrected himself softly.

7. - Top - End - #37

Emla

The singer's face fell. "You mean you're not actors?" she cried. "You're not professionals? You're just madmen?"

8. - Top - End - #38

Rowan

"Madmen? I make a simple, civil statement and I get that. And besides, you're no judge of whether someone's 'professional' or not. Hmph." Rowan turns away and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Well, now what? That display was awfully conspicuous. I don't think people will be too agreeable when they catch on."
    Last edited by Reptilius; 2008-02-22 at 08:55 PM.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

9. - Top - End - #39

"Yeah," Joss says. "I've kind of been thinking about skipping town, but my family..." He looks around, and finally sighs. "We've got a long tradition of, you know, commonering. I'm the first person who's really done well for himself. I can't just leave them."

He looks around suddenly and his jaw drops a little. "Hey, wait a minute. Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?"

10. - Top - End - #40

Rowan

"What, running away before the locals realize we're not really famous? I was going to leave soon anyway, no might be as good a time as any. I will need some supplies though. Not sure what I can get for 10 gold."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

11. - Top - End - #41

Tristim

'you are crazy! We can't do that!'
    Tristim's eyes were wide, he was still holding on tightly to the leather band. 'We just have to get out discreetly, just have to.... wait a week...' Once again, colour drained from his face.

12. - Top - End - #42

Rowan

"Why? Why should we wait? There's evil out there to be vanquished! And besides, every second we sit here could be a second in which the townspeople realize we're not famous."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

13. - Top - End - #43

Tristim
    'There'll be a caravan through town in a week... would you brave the wilds on your own? we are not adventurers, we might look like them, but surely, the monsters and beasts won't hesitate to attack, just because of the shape of our nose, or the colour of our eyes.
    Last edited by Bellmaethorion; 2008-02-24 at 02:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

"The way I see it, we either stay here and live out the rest of our days in peaceful embarrassment and boredom, or we...do something else. Besides, I suppose all adventurers had to start somewhere." Joss looks around, feeling a little bit braver.

15. - Top - End - #45

Emla

Emla draws herself up to her full height, puts her hands (in fists, still clutching her lyre in her left) to her hips, and puffs herself up like an angry cat. Her eyes flash.

"I have trained under the finest artists and entertainers of the land!" ...who have happened to pass nearby, and been really hard on their luck... "How dare you impugn my professionalism! You, you are the one who thinks looking like a legendary, immortal, undead warrior will help you do great deeds, yet can't even stay in character long enough to avoid risking a lynch mob!

"Well let me tell you something! It's not about how you look! It's about style! It's about panache! It's about becoming the character, in your heart, in your soul! It doesn't matter how good or bad the costumes or makeup are - if the actor doesn't believe it, he can't make you believe it!

"And it's not killing monsters or doing great deeds that makes you a hero, either! Oh no! You know what makes a hero? Convincing everyone else that you're worth singing songs about after you're gone!"

She tosses her hair and gives a derisive sniff in Rowan's direction. "And if you're going to pull that off," she says archly, "you are clearly going to need strenuous instruction. Fortunately for you my fees are very reasonable.

"Now!" She brings up the lute in her left hand as though it were a sword coming down to signal a charge. "Exeunt! ...Thataways! We need somewhere out of the way to whip you sorry lot into shape before the show! And someone get Fred a dress. Nice falsetto, by the way."

((I am assuming mainiac has joined us outside the tavern by this point...))

16. - Top - End - #46

Rowan

"Okay, fine, maybe I didn't plan this out well enough. I definitely need better armor. Something black, with spikes...," Rowan says with a bemused expression, "That's a good idea! We all look kind of like adventurers that have traveled together at some point in the past, why don't we travel together. If we pretend to be famous, we'd never have to pay for anything again! And think of the good I, er, we could do."

((@^ Nice. ))
    Last edited by Reptilius; 2008-02-24 at 08:46 PM.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

"Hey! It's not a dress, it's a vestment. There's a difference. Mines y'know, manly and stuff..." Fredricks sudden objection is not made any more plausible by the high pitch of his voice.
    "Look, the sooner I can get out of here the better. If you guys want me I'm ready to leave right now."

18. - Top - End - #48

"I have some things I can use. A client ordered them a while back and never paid...as far as I know, they're still sitting in the closet at the shop. I can run and get those, and...well, that should be all."

19. - Top - End - #49

Rowan

"That sounds like a good idea, maybe I could find some armor that's more 'in character.'"
    Last edited by Reptilius; 2008-02-29 at 02:56 PM.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

20. - Top - End - #50

Joss shrugs. "I don't really know what's in the closet, but you never know. We take contracts from all sorts, as long as they don't try to burn the place down or anything."