New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181

Default Re: "Bring your homebrew class" campaign

You pass trough the trees the elf had pointed out, and again you find yourselves in a completely new part of the forest, thick with trees. The only visible path is small trail in the ground so you follow it. After around one hour of travel you start to notice the trees are slowly becoming scarcer and scarcer. You can finnally see the sun descending on the horizon, indicating night is near.

But then you hear some faint footsteps near you. Looking around, you spot an humanoid figure trying to hide among the bushes in front of you and stop. The hidden creature let's out a growl and comes forth before you. It resembles a troll, but it's the size of an human and less muscled. His skin slowly changes color from green to brown and he carries some javelins in his back. His mouth drips with saliva looking at you, and his eyes shine with malevolence and intelegence.

Situation:

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc: Same legend as first battle. Green circles are trees, small groups of green lines are bushes(dificult terrain and concealment).
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-15 at 09:07 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182

Iniative time!

Forest troll:(1d20+7)[10]

Ezren:(1d20+2)[11]

Biyen:(1d20+6)[16]

Throk:(1d20+1)[13]

Rathnor:(1d20+3)[19]

Ryu:(1d20+2)[16]

Same rules as usual.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Darnit! Why am I still in the back! I always need to get a clear shot at the guy at the beginning of the battle, and being in the back does not help!
    Also... apparently, I didn't actually write out that I was reloading both my 'Buss and my pistol, as I didn't expect to be godmodded to the next battle. If we assume I did, take the action below. Otherwise, Rathnor will spend a full-round action reloading his 'Buss.))
    Rathnor slips around and behind Byen, and up next to Ezren. "You're about to feel a world of hurt, abomination!" He looses a mighty blast from his 'Buss.
    Attack - (1d20+5)[7]
    [roll=Damage]3d10+1[\roll]
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

4. - Top - End - #184

((The damage roll didn't quite work.
    Not that it matters, as I almost definitely missed. *sigh*))
    Damage: (3d10+1)[20]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #185

The bullet ends up flying by the side of the troll and hiting one of the trees.

Ooc: I got the impression you had agreed to follow the trail. Nobody had posted anything for 48 hours so I decided to continue the action. Sorry if you still intended to do something special. If you feel like I rushed things then say so and next time I'll ask you if you're all ready before moving on.

This ecounter was an ambush while you traveled, but you managed to make your spot and listen checks so the troll didn't get a suprise round.

I also assume your weapons are reloaded after each battle. This is, what kind of adventurer goes around with an unloaded weapon?

Uncle Festy, or anybody else for the matter, if you want a new starting formation, please say so. I tought you were fine with this one.

Well, Biyen's turn.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biyen takes another glance around checking the height and climability of the tree's but then notices Ryu moving out of the corner of his eye and wonders what he's planning to do.

Spoiler
    Show
    take a look around and delay to init=15 if thats alright
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

7. - Top - End - #187

The trees seem to start having branches strong enough to suport someone's height at around six feets, and go up to around twenty feets.

Ooc:Ok to delay. Ryu's turn.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

Turn order:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rathnor -> Ryu -> Biyen -> Throk -> Ezren -> Forest troll

Ryu

Statblock
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
    10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 17/10/15 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
    Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
    Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
    Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
    [/table]

Seeing the javelins, and having no intention of sitting around waiting to be thrown at, Ryu simply rushes forward, bring his sword to bear on his unlucky target. "Out of my way, Hellspawn!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge to C7, attack on troll.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[12]
    AC -2 = changed in statblock.
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-03-16 at 09:58 PM.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leaps in behind Ryu, following a few steps behind most of the way until he is close enough to strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    end in e5
    attack: (1d20+3)[18]
    dmg: (1d8+3)[11]

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

10. - Top - End - #190

Ryu gets too close too fast, exposing himself. The troll takes this advantage and tries to hit the warrior with a swipe but his claws end up bouncing out the armor.

Then Ryu brings his sword down but the troll deflects the attack with the tick skin of his arms.

However, this distraction is enough to allow Biyen to slip past the troll defenses and cut his abdomen. Green blood spills in the ground, but the troll seems like he's ready for more.

Ooc: Ryu provoked an attack of oportunity by moving trough D7, wich was threatened by the troll, but the aoo missed. Ryu's aattck also missed.

Biyen's attack managed to hurt the troll.

Throk's turn

11. - Top - End - #191

Throk grabs his greatsword and charges to D7 yelling, It is time to die filthy troll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging, +2 to attack, -2 to AC (now 13).
    attack - (1d20+7)[22]
    damage - (2d6+3)[12]

((OOC:I am going away next month, it was a heads up as I just found out recently.))

12. - Top - End - #192

More foul green blood drops to the ground, and the troll griths his teeths in anger as he realizes this won't be another easy meal.

Ooc:Hit. You actually dealt 13 damage because you are using a weapon with both your hands and so you get to add 1.5 str modifier. Your str modifier is 3 so you get a bonus of +4 and not only 3.

Ezren's turn.

13. - Top - End - #193

((OOC: Woops, Thought that 2-H bonuses only applied to attack bonus, not damage.))

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

((check dualweilders sig- says he cant post right now))

15. - Top - End - #195

Ezren tries to make his horse charge, but the animal stubbornily refuses to attack the foul smelling creature.

The troll then looks around at his multiple oponents and decides to release his fury in the half-orc!

Swipe Swipe both claws latch on the soldier's flesh but he manages to keep away from the sharp fangs, but not the putrid breath.

The party can also see the troll's wounds slowly closing.

Ooc:
    Sorry for the delay everyone. Turth to be told I've also been busy the last days.

Ezren loses the turn. The troll full attacked Throk, who took a total of 9 damage.

Biyen's turn.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Biyen looks shocked at the wounds healing infront of his eyes but continues thrusting his duom at his opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+3)[6]
    dmg: (1d8+3)[6]

17. - Top - End - #197

The troll easily ducks the poorly made attack.

Ooc:Miss. Rathnor's turn.

18. - Top - End - #198

((Okay. Since I don't have the current map, I think I still have a clear shot at the troll. Action is pending on either seeing a map or having enough energy to figure out the situation.))
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199

Current situation:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-03-24 at 06:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

((I just realized it was irrelevant, as my 'Buss isn't loaded.))
    Rathnor reloads his Blunderbuss.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

Ooc:Ryu's turn.

22. - Top - End - #202

Ryu

Statblock
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
    10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
    Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
    Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
    Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8[/table]

Gritting his teeth, Ryu realizes that this stupid troll won't go down as easily as he had hoped. He slashes again at the troll, hoping to take it down quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+3)[10]
    Damage - (1d10+2)[9]
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #203

The troll deflects the blow with ease with his claws.

Ooc:Miss. Hmm, nobody tying to flanck the troll? Every little bonus helps? And reach weapons also allow for flancking. And those bushes provide concealment for those inside them in case you forgot.

Well, Throk's turn.

24. - Top - End - #204

Throk takes a 5 foot step to D6. Ryu, move around to it's flank," he yells as he swings his great sword again.
    [spoiler]
    Attack - (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage - (2d6+4)[15]

25. - Top - End - #205

The soldier's sword fails to penetrate the tick skin of the troll, wich roars in anger and swipes back. Throk still manages to evade one of the claws, but the other pierces his flesh again, making him fall uncoscious. The troll still tries to bite Ryu but his teeths fail to penetrate his armor. Once again you can see the wounds slowly closing.

Ooc:Throk missed. The troll then full attacked again and hitted him with one claw dealing 4 damage. Throk is now uncoscious at -2 and bleeding.

Rathnor's turn.

26. - Top - End - #206

Rathnor slips over to F3. "Hey, troll! Over here!" He then lets loose a barrage from his Blunderbuss.
    (1d20+5)[11]
    (3d10+1)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

The troll manages to to dodge the bullet in the last moment.

Ooc:Miss.

Biyen's turn.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Damn this things tough... Cover for me!" He calls as he sprints to the right, throwing his weapon down at the base of the tree before leaping up into it and jumping between the brances trying to reach some height.

Spoiler
    Show
    jumping/climbing the tree at d9
    jump: (1d20+6)[7] climb: (1d20+2)[3]

29. - Top - End - #209

Biyen manages to reach some of the shortest branches of the trees.

Ooc: Well bloody confusing jump rules. Here's how I interpreted them:

Since you are a medium creature you can automatically reach up to 8 feet.

You scored a 7 wich means you get to reach an extra 1 feet, a quarter of 7 rounded down.

So you reach a total of 8+1=9 feet.

Biyen is now over the tree at D9, at the height of 9 feet above the ground. For combat purposes, you are considered to be 5 feet above the ground. There are still more branches above you if you wish to climb higher in a later turn.

Biyen still has a standard action to use

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

((i meant it as a full round action, like a double move. so continue climbing, if not then draw one of his javelins.))