New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: No Country for Ye Olde Men

[ooc]Karthan, with bless and flank, that's enough to down the FF. He's on the ground, bleeding out. One down, two to go.[/ooc]
    Black Frost Champion PrC

Thanks Jagg for the image in my avatar!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing the one Frost Folk fall before Karthan's blade, Mikootaktoo decides to conserve his buff spells and slips his drop of babau slime back into his belt pouch. He steps past the downed Frost Folk and advances on the next.

In a loud voice to overcome the din of battle, Mik bellows to the Frost Folk as he approaches, "Why do you be attacking us here? You be far from ye'r home, we meant ye' no harm, and ye' be sorely outnumbered. I suggest ye' surrender while there still be air in yer lungs." Just then, Mik looks around and wonders where all of the other mercenaries are.

Reaching the Frost Folk, he reaches out with his big, burly arms to grab him...

Touch attach to begin grapple: (1d20+4)[13] (+2 if Mik can approach from a flanking position)
    Opposed grapple check to establish hold: (1d20+10)[27]
    Unarmed strike damage, if hold established: (1d3+2)[3]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iv

Iv was angry, but not at the Frost Folk in front of her. She could feel her rage, barely under control, tickling and teasing her for release, but she waited. These foes seemed to be losing their battle; one already had fallen. The time was not yet for battle fury. No, her anger was directed... elsewhere.

"Get up! You lazy goat loving sons of camels! There are enemies in the camp and you sleep like babies! What, are you too old to rise from your cozy beds and defend yourselves but huddle like frightened children waiting for your betters to defeat that which you cannot even dare to meet? Rise, rise from your blankets, you flea bitten, scabrous, leprous, lazy HYENAS!"

With that, she swung her greatsword again:

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (d20+8)[16]
    Damage: (d10+3)[8]

NOT raging, yet...
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-02-21 at 12:18 PM. Reason: typos

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the distance, toward where the wagons are parked several hundred feet away, you can hear more fighting. However, none of the tents in the circle stir. No line of light marks the tents' doors.
    Last edited by lotofsnow; 2008-02-21 at 12:27 PM.
    Black Frost Champion PrC

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reassured by the creature's wild swing, and its obvious preoccupation with his allies, Cog calmly and (dare I say it?) mechanically (I dared!) lashes out once more at the wild and distracted creature.

Spoiler
    Show

That's right ladies and gentlemen. An ordinary attack!
    To hit:(1d20+8)[15]
    Damage if it hits (and with +8, here's hoping):(1d6+2)[7]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ooc]Ok, since the first three people in initiative have gone, I'll go ahead and write up that part.[/ooc]

FF1:
    Karthan's blade lashes out yet again. The Frost Folk defends itself readily, parrying the dwarf's attack from his vitals... and directly into his forearm. The creature collapses to the ground, dying, its blood spilling upon the earth.

FF2:
    Like the well oiled war machine he is, Cog efficiently recovers from his dodge, jabbing his mind blade into his opponent. The Frost Folk falls back and into the waiting arms of Mikootaktoo. The sea wizard grabs the creature, his strong arms wrapping around its head and neck. With a grunt and twist, all combatants hear a resounding snap, and the Frost Folk crumples lifeless to the ground.

FF1(down):
    1|T|3
    4|F|6
    7|K|9

FF2(down):
    1|C|M
    4|F|6
    R|J|9

FF3:
    1|A|3
    4|F|6
    7|I|9
    Last edited by lotofsnow; 2008-02-21 at 01:18 PM.
    Black Frost Champion PrC

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astoral

Astoral refocuses himself, slightly frustrated at his miss. He flashes a smile at the gnome, both in thanks for occupying his enemy and in amusement at her amazing amount of pent up anger. He continues his barrage against the frost-covered man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+6)[13]
    Damage:(1d8+1)[6]
    Hideous Blow:(1d6)[4]
    Fun fact: My school gets the first day of buck season off.

Thanks to Sneak for the awesome, dual-wielding avatar

WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST FOR AN INDEFINITE PERIOD OF TIME

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Tel

Nodding curtly to the dwarven ninja, Tel takes a brief instant to steady himself, and regain his focus. Then, at the sounds of Iv's rant and the clashing of steel, he turns on his heel and jogs toward the next fight.

Arriving in the middle of the melee, Tel skids, and lashes out against the final opponent in this vicinity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action to regain all maneuvers, followed by moving in for the attack.
    Attack roll - (1d20+7)[11]
    Damage roll - (3d6+4)[18]
    Attack roll includes Bless bonus; if it isn't there now that he's moved, his roll's one less; I'm still not entirely clear on how the burst radius works.

Edit: Though it seems not to matter too much this time...

I'm not sure which side Tel winds up on, but he'll attack from the closest point, as there's no further tactical advantage to be had.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-02-21 at 05:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rane

Rane, noting the excessive number of his new companions rushing the last remaining Frost Folk, sheathed his sword and moved to recover his bow. That done, he began to look for the watchmen that should have alerted the camp to their presence. Failing that, he looked for their erstwhile employer at the lead wagon where he was presumably sleeping.

OOC: Yes, I know this is more than one round's worth of activity.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astoral again swings his mace, but, despite being assaulted now on two sides, the Frost Folk moves from its path at the last moment. Rane wanders from the battle to grab and clean up his precious elven bow all the while searching the camp for other signs of life.

Seeing his allies dead and death swiftly approaching, the Frost Folk makes one last attempt to strike down the strange human engaging him. However, in his weakened state, his lunge his easily parried by the warlock. Even while shouting, Iv is able to connect with her blade, inflicting a vicious wound. The Frost Folk staggers. Tel rushes in, his blade snaking out for the killing blow catches a seam in the creature's armor and deflects harmlessly by. Finally, Jules descends upon the creature, a final swing of his weapon sending the foul ambusher to its infernal destination.

(113xp for each of you)
    Black Frost Champion PrC

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Jules

Jules looked around quickly and cast what little healing magic he had on the injured.

Spoiler
    Show

Cast Lesser Vigor On Cog: Fast Healing 1 point for 12/2 = 6 rounds
    Cast 3x Cure Minor Wounds on Karthan for 3 HP
    Cast Cure Light Wounds on Astoral: (1d8+2)[9]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mikootaktoo, hearing the sounds of continued fighting in the distance, bellows, "Quickly! To the wagons!".

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astoral

Astoral smiles at Jules as he receives his healing, but his thanks is stopped short by the yells of the others. He runs towards the wagons, looking for any signs of combat or more of the strange men he and his companions had just finished fighting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20)[13]
    Search:(1d20)[2]
    Listen:(1d20)[4]
    Last edited by dual_wielder; 2008-02-24 at 03:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Tel

More of 'em? Guess it makes sense...

At the sound of Mikootaktoo's cry, Tel wordlessly turns from the other participants in the final melee, and starts racing toward the wagons, hoping against hope that he can arrive in time.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rane

Heading toward the continued sounds of battle around the wagons, Rane nocked an arrow, searching for more targets.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iv

Iv looked around for a second as the last Frost Folk fell. Realizing that the others were heading towards the wagons, and that none of the other tents showed any signs of activity, she decided to run through the tent on the opposite side on her way to the wagons. Choosing one of the tents she knew was occupied by one of the other mercenaries, she burst through the flap, weapon in hand.

[OOC: if the tent was unoccupied, she ran back out and towards the wagons. If the tent was occupied, well, things might get interesting. ]

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ooc]Before we can go on, I just need to clarify who is going where. It looks like Iv and Astoral are venturing to the tents, while Rane, Tel, and Mikoo are heading toward the wagons. How about Cog, Jules, and Karthan?[/ooc]
    Black Frost Champion PrC

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops, I meant for him to go to the wagons. I'll edit that in to my previous post.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Ooc: I'm a bit confused. Where is the noise and commotion coming from? If it's only coming from one source, either the wagons or tents, that's where Cog is headed. If it's coming from both, Cog will follow Mikootaktoo to the wagons :ooC]

Feeling his living wood sinews knit themselves slowly back together and the scratches and dents work out of his armored plating, Cog heads towards the sounds of battle, ready to give a taste of his mind blade to any and all Frost Folk he encounters.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ooc]Sounds are coming from the wagons, it seems. Too dark to see. Others were investigating the tents to determine the whereabouts of the other mercenaries.[/ooc]
    Last edited by lotofsnow; 2008-02-24 at 10:41 PM.
    Black Frost Champion PrC

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Jules

As his new colleagues start to head off, Jules thinks about the situation for a bit.

Lets see, there is sound of fighting coming from the wagons, but no response from the tents. Either they are really heavy sleepers, in which case we should wake them. Or their there are more ambushers, and we should finish them first, lest we get attacked from both sides. And I think I am supposed to look out for the gnome as well. I guess I'll just make one quick check and then join the rest.

Spoiler
    Show

Jules will ready his mace and shield, and follow Iv. He will just peek into the tent that Iv runs into.
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2008-02-24 at 09:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Karthan

Karthan heads off towards the wagons, but a little away from the others, moving as quietly as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I read earlier that e're using spells and rage from the day before, so does that include my ki powers? if so, I use ghost step: invisible again.

if not, heres a hide and move silently
    hide: (1d20+5)[13]
    move silently: (1d20+5)[18]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mikootaktoo runs towards the commotion (i.e., toward the wagons) at the first available opportunity. As he approaches, he uses the tents and/or wagons for cover in hope of being able to see what's going on before coming out into the open. Before anyone notices him, Mik hopes to assess the situation and decide whether to use a buff spell.

(OOC: He doesn't wait for Jules's 5 rounds of healing spells to be cast. Run as full-round action = 120' per round)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ooc]Ok, it sounds like Mikoo and Rane are running toward the wagons at about the same time.[/ooc]

Their companions left behind to tend to their wounds, the elf and human sprint through the tents on their way to investigate the sounds of battle at the wagons. As they approach the tents, a tingle runs up their spines and begins to engulf their minds.

[ooc]Will save please[/ooc]
    Last edited by lotofsnow; 2008-02-25 at 09:16 AM.
    Black Frost Champion PrC

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mik's Will Save: (1d20+2)[3] (+1 if vs fear, due to bless)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Iv

Er, just in case you wanted one from Iv, who's actually going in the tents...

Will save: (d20+2)[6]

+1 vs. fear (from the bless)
    +2 vs. illusion (gnome)

Edit: Willpower? What willpower? (But then we knew that...)
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-02-25 at 10:16 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Tel

Moment of Perfect Mind - (1d20+7)[24]
    Will save - (1d20)[17](+1 if vs. fear)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Will save is there if Tel's unable to use his Moment of Perfect Mind maneuver. The main circumstance that I can think of is if he presently counts as flatfooted.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-02-25 at 10:30 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

[ooc]Heh... ok, everyone make will saves then since that seems to be the way things are going (I had originally assumed, based on the wording of Rane's and Mikoo's posts, they headed out in front of the group, but we'll play it your way.) Once everyone's saves are in (I'm counting the previous ones, which means we still need Karthan, Jules, Astoral, Cog, and Rane), I'll explain the results.[/ooc]

Scurrying to either investigate the sounds coming from the wagons or discover the nature of the mercenaries' absence, the group passes through the tent line. A feint tingle flows up the spine and slowly begins to affect the brain.
    Black Frost Champion PrC

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Jules

Spoiler
    Show

Will Save: (1d20+5)[25] +1 against fear

Edit: Wow! 20!
    Last edited by JeminiZero; 2008-02-25 at 10:54 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Karthan

Spoiler
    Show
    Will save: (1d20+4)[22] (bless included)