New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Into the Breach [IC]

----Jomei ----

Shortly after Captain Largent walked out of the staging area and the other people left preparing to find their lodging a surly looking half orc walks out of the Captains office. He stands 5’ 11” his hair is hacked short as if he cut it himself with one the axes hanging on the off of his belt his eyes look like black pits and are unnerving to stare directly into and his skin while tanned has a slight grey tint. He wears dark brown boots and grey breaches his light grey shirt is covered by chain shirt made of a strange grey metal that matches the axe blades. Across his back is a quiver with a beautiful heavy composite bow and arrows with grey goose feather fletching. He can be heard muttering to himself.

Stuck up Captain just cause I refuse to be bound to the guard I get stuck with the worst assignments may as well call the Marque a license to tax. Bet the human scouts don’t get stuck guarding a boat and outsiders. The nerve of the man not even telling me what I am guarding or why. Bet I get stuck going out to that lousy outpost where they make me sleep with the horse just cause my parents weren’t all human. Bet they wouldn’t like it if we stopped sending them deer and boar. He looks up squinting in the light of the room to see the other adventures and guards walking out the door. And mutters once more Bet Rosie even lets them pay regular price even tho they are outsiders and gives them a warm fire while I stand outside in the cold.

He Wraps a dark cloak around himself has he steps outside. He ducks his head to hide his fangs and slow wanders down to the dock. He nods to the guards he passes though most of them barely acknowledge him. A few check with their companions before giving him an evil glare and continuing on. One patrol stops him and the leader harasses him making sure he has his Marque and the Captains seal and that his weapons are all peace bound. Several of the guards can be heard muttering Don’t care if he his a scout never should let the filthy beast in the city.

He follows road down toward the dock and all the way to the Inn. He watches warily as people enter the inn. While standing outside debating he hears some laughter from inside and moves silently into the room and slides off to a corner looking for the group the Captain told him about.
    Last edited by LatemYvaeh; 2008-02-22 at 05:24 PM. Reason: to fix die roll issue

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

OOC here is the spoiler information I messed up above
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check (1d20+4)[9] subtract 1 if the room is bright Move silent check (1d20+7)[12] hide check (1d20+7)[17] if he is noticed he will ask to have a meal and spot to sleep tonight he fully expects to be over charged edited to fix the die roll commands
    Latem Yvaeh

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner
    Zaefner gives a short laugh.
    "Nothing to worry about I'm sure, probably just my body telling me it doesn't want to go back out into the cold...again."
    Zaefner digs into his food, relishing the hot meal.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Daven

Somewhat surprised. Daven turns back the table and sit down. With a smile he laughs and looks at the members of the group.
    Ha! That usually doesn't work out so well. I thank you for your kind offer, Mellavin, but it indeed appears that Jax has one or two tricks up his sleeve! So where did you learn that particular trick of yours? It certainly did a good Job of impressing the locals! I am sure you have other surprises waiting for our foes...

I have to say though this day has been quiet interesting indeed! I pardon my distance, lads, but growing up in a small village coupled with spending more time in nature than near cities place from day to day makes me dislike cities I do not know personally. I do think that I am slowly warming up to this town, though. It has its problems, as most the world does, but that's why we're here isn't it? Even though, there is something that is troubling me about this inn, is has a peculiar feel to it. If you have anything that is out of the ordinary Zeafner, do tell.

Here Daven's eyes narrow. Sometimes 'peace' and quiet should be watched as much a rampaging ogre...

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

For Jomei:

Spoiler
    Show

As you are about to enter the Belay and Breakfast, your darkvision clearly shows you a cloaked figure fiddling with the lock on the double warehouse doors next to Rosie and Pier 8. He turns at your approach and his hooded cloak hides his features, but the glint of two red eyes shine in the street lantern light. He quickly turns and runs around the corner of the warehouse. You give chase and round the corner yourself. Looking down the alleyway, you see a dead end and the normal city features like drainspouts, gutters, sewer hole, refuse, and the like - but no cloaked figure.

Wondering if your mind is playing tricks on you, you return back to the Belay and Breakfast and see the group that the Captain had described to you.

ooc: It is pretty impossible to hide in here - you open the door and all eyes see you. In the interest of getting things going, I altered your post a bit since you might want to share your information.

For the party:
    A dark-cloaked figure enters Rosie's. The newcomer removes his cloak to reveal that he stands 5’ 11” his hair is hacked short as if he cut it himself with one the axes hanging on the off of his belt his eyes look like black pits and are unnerving to stare directly into and his skin while tanned has a gray tint. He has a a pug nose and a prominant set of canines which depict orcish heritage. He wears dark brown boots and grey breaches his light grey shirt is covered by chain shirt made of a strange grey metal that matches the axe blades. Across his back is a quiver with a beautiful heavy composite bow and arrows with grey goose feather fletching.

He scans the room and quickly finds your table and approaches.
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-22 at 07:39 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- Jomei -----

Seeing the group described by Captain Largent he walks over to table keeping to the shadow as much as possible. He speaks to the humans Captain sent me said you all needed a scout that was familiar with the region. He said I were to help you and if I wanted to keep my Marque I would make sure you all got on a boat with something. Didn’t even bother to tell me what boat or what something. he glances around lowers his voice and whispers Something weird is going on with Rosie’s wharehouse someone was trying to get then just seemed to vanish. So if what we are suppose to be delivering is in there you may want to but a better guard than the simple lock on the door.

He steps back from the table again keeping as much to the shadows and scans the room nervously.
    Latem Yvaeh

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner

Zaefner jumps to his feet.
    "The goods are in that warehouse. I noticed something unusual when we were stabling the horses. A giant rat, three feet long if it was an inch, with...strange eyes. It went down into the sewers before I could get a closer look at it. If it went down...it could come back up."
    Zaefner looks warily at the newcomer.
    "It looks like our job starts tonight, not tomorrow; at least I'll feel better knowing my horse is safe, even if this turns out to be nothing more than the ramblings of an orc."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Shep

Even though Jax has a cat, the oversized collie named Best doesn't seem to mind that his typical enemy is about; in fact the dog pays the creature little mind. It follows right next to Shep and sits next to him at the table. When Gregor approaches, Best becomes wary but does not act, for it appears the man poses no threat to its master.

When the food is brought over, Shep eats heartily - in fact, it seems he has a bottomless stomach. He politely asks Rosie, "Beg your pardon, Miss Rosie, but might you have a pint or two? I like wine and all, but I have found a good stout sticks to my ribs a bit better." He lowers his bowl and breaks some bread for Best to eat and drinks his ale as he listens to the stories being told.

However, when the half-orc enters, Best's ears perk up and a growl is audible in his throat. Shep says a word in a strange language, and the dog stops making the noise, but remains on alert. After the message is given, Shep says, "Not that I don't believe you Mr. Scout, but do you have any sort of letter of introduction or something of that nature? I may be just a country bumpkin, but one time my Uncle Jack sold his cow for some 'magic beans' without asking for proof. Those beans did nothing but get him in hot water with my Aunt Jill."

OOC: I am going to assume that Jomei will show us his Letter of Marquee with the Captain's signet upon it. Also, Darius, please roll a Sense Motive for me regarding Jomei's story.

BIC: Satisfied with the answer, Shep says to the others, "If what Mr. Scout says is true, I should take Best out there. Best is the best tracker I know. He'll pick up the man's scent in no time and will take us right to him so we can find out why he was trying to get into that warehouse."

Draining his beer, Shep puts on his winters and gets up to go, a hand gesture brings Best right behind him. "Can you show me and Best where this guy was?" he asks Jomei.

Spoiler
    Show

Best's tracking: Scent - (1d20+7)[21]
    Best's Spot: (1d20+5)[20]
    Best's Listen: (1d20+5)[23]

Shep's Search: (1d20)[14]
    Shep's Spot: (1d20+5)[23]
    Shep's Listen: (1d20+5)[23]

Edit - holy mackerel! I guess there goes all my best rolls for the adventure.
    Last edited by Margrave; 2008-02-22 at 08:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nathan Oncek

Nathan walks down the cold, dark street by himself, towards the Belay and Breakfast from the City Watch HQ.

I knew I should've gotten there earlier... he thinks to himself, quickening his pace, At least they were described as an easily recognizable bunch, I shouldn't have any problems finding them once at the inn.

He opens the door to the inn and takes a moment to appreciate the warm, comforting smell of fire and food before stepping inside. He removes his long, blue scarf, and loosens his heavy pale gray cloak to let his polished breastplate gleam from beneath. He has a young, fairly average-looking face, but the reason for his employment is clear from looking at him. Despite wearing thick, heavy clothes, his bulky, muscular frame is clearly apparent. A huge sword, adorned with the unbroken peace knot, hangs on his back, its ornate hilt sticking out over his shoulder, while a smaller, more utilitarian-looking hilt sticks out near his waist.

His bright blue eyes scan the room, and he smiles as they settle on a group of eccentric-looking fellows. His heavy boots clomping along the wooden floor, he walks towards the group, drags a nearby chair to their table, and sits down with a deep exhale. He clears his throat and speaks to all of them, but no one in particular "Hi there. My name is Nathan, and I'm going to go with you guys on this food-running mission. I was supposed to be at the meeting with Largent, but I couldn't make it on time," at this, he looks ashamed. "I am caught up to date though, I'm just anxious to meet you all!"

His expression changes somewhat to one of confusion when he notices the grim half-orc speaking in low tones.
    time as surrogate religion
    Nathan (Into the Breach)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- Jomei -----

At the request of the halfling he shows them his letter. My name is Jomei I am a ranger of Ehlonna. As my letter of Marque shows I work as a scout for the city of Womtham. And if you are who you say you are one of you should be named Jaeur and he should have an envelope marked with the Captains seal. But enough of this I do not want to loose my Marque nor force my village to have to send another of their defenders to replace me here.
    He looks across at the human knight and say Certainly sir, let me show you. as he starts walking towards the door he says the stranger at the door had weird eyes as well they glowed as if lit by an inner fire once he steps outside he moves away from the light from inside and seems to relax his eyes open wide in the darkness. He pauses and lets his senses search the night looking and listening for anything out of place. He pauses waiting for the knight and any of the others that are going to come with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check (1d20+4)[17] Listen check (1d20+3)[14]

Once he is joined by the others he leads them to the door
    He was here fiddling with the lock and then as I approached he moved off down this way and disappeared in this alley. while describing what he saw he answers any questions as truthfully as he can and leads from the door to the dead end alleyway.
    Last edited by LatemYvaeh; 2008-02-22 at 09:54 PM. Reason: fixed color tag
    Latem Yvaeh

11. - Top - End - #41

PirateCaptain

The party is joined by two warriors. Indeed, both have suitable paperwork and do appear to be truthful in both their stories and when they explain their tardiness. There seems to be little time for consideration of the late meetings and coincidental occurance, for it seems the very foodstuffs you agreed to deliver may be at risk of being swiped from under your noses.

Outside

Jomei shows the halfling where to go, and Shep leads his dog, Best, to the twin doors of the warehouse that opens into River Run. The trained dog immediately picks up a scent and follows it around the corner. Best then continues down the alley until he comes to the sewer entrance. He barks a few times and scrapes at the opening. Although the cat, dog and Shep could easily squeeze through, it would be very difficult for anyone else in the party to get down the hole here.

Shep (and Best) can hear the sound of moving water below - whether it is the water heading out towards the river or if someone or something is moving down there is difficult to tell. The moonlight glints off of something in the gutter near the sewer hole. It is what appears to be a purse of some sort. Closer inspection reveals it to be a velvet bedroll-like container that when unrolled reveals a set of strange devices set in pockets. Bent wires, small files, odd shaped keys, resin, wax, and long metal pieces are within. Best sniffs the bag and claws at the hole again and barks as if to indicate that the owner of it is down in the sewers somewhere.

For Jaxal:
    Spoiler
    Show

You easily recognize this as a set of thieves' tools. They are not the same quality as yours, but they are sufficient.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

---Daven---

Upon seeing the half-orc, the half-elf: Daven's mood remains unchanged, but upon hearing the news he stands up quickly and his mood steels.
    Let us be quick about it, then. I will stay and watch over the warehouse.
    Daven's ranger skill is shown as moves quickly following the others. When the others go off, he searches the area for other evidence and then takes up a spot to hide and watch the Warehouse.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+10)[28] <--Hide
    (1d20+7)[15] <--Move Silently
    (1d20+7)[23] <--Spot
    (1d20+5)[16] <--Listen

ooc: if anyone wants to encourage me to not stay and watch, just give a shout. I thought it was a good idea to leave a guard. Another note: Yes! Action.
    Last edited by Rux Ealdorman; 2008-02-23 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Arrgh the editting system is wierd! This is the Original.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

Just as Jaxal sits down to eat his nice hot, tasty meal everything starts to go wrong.

Jax rolls his eyes as the group makes a huge fuss about one little thief trying to steal our stuff...

As everyone gets up to go he looks down at the table of food sadly and shrugs.

Picking up his bowl and drink in one hand and shifting Toby and his food to the bar counter.

"Toby stay here and enjoy your dinner. Watch our table buddy."

"Zutra malingerio! Poisons of the abyss watch over our table!"

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The prestidigitation should still be active.

Red & glowing smoke starts floating over the tabletop and staying on it.
    "Good, that should provide anyone a long and suffering extremely painful death that tries to steal the rest of my meal!"

Jax follows the others outside and smiles at the "tools of the trade" found by the dog.

"Well, having an extra set never hurts. Looks like you caught some insidious felon trying to lark our goods. Man that guy must stink to high heaven. Thank the gods I didn't ever get that desperate."

Jax turns to the 1/2 Orc. "How big was this guy? He couldn't have been too large."

After checking everything out Jax goes back into the Inn and walks over to the man who tried to sell him stuff.

"Good sir, you look like a man in the know. Who might I enquire of in these parts to let the brotherhood know that such things as are in the warehouse are under protection? We don't wish confusion about who possesses what goods and tidbits. I would like to let a man know I have something of his to return for the simple favor of him and his comrades staying away."
    Jax slips the man Sterling (1 Silver).

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Info (1d20+3)[8]
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Daven

Realizing that there is no where to hide, Daven decides to test his climbing skill and take a short watch on the rooftop. While cold, its an added precaution.
    Its no the first time I have endured cold...

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+4)[8] -- Climb

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin Shortbark

Mellavin eagerly welcomes the latecommers and just as he, unprejudiced, asks the half-orc to join them at the table, the commotion starts.
    As Best picks up the scent, the dwarf trails behind somewhat, checking for additional visual signs to be found. Otherwise he just goes along with the group, keeping an eye and an ear out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    track - (1d20+5)[15]
    spot - (1d20+2)[22] (darkvision)
    listen - (1d20+5)[6]
    Last edited by Bender; 2008-02-23 at 04:51 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner

Zaefner tosses three sterling to the table to pay for his meal before heading to the warehouse. Shivering with the cold, he tries to recall the details of the warehouse.

"There was a sewer grate inside the warehouse, at least as big as this one here. If whoever was trying to break in can fit through this grate, he could easily fit through the one inside the warehouse and make off with the goods. Standing out here in the cold does us no good; someone should go get the key from the barmaid's servant... without letting him know exactly why we need it."

17. - Top - End - #47

PirateCaptain

Daven tries to find a suitable hiding spot, but cannot find one on the street. He decides to climb up to one of the rooftops, but his cold fingers and slick feet cannot find purchase.

Inside, Jax casts another spell and tries to Bluff the patrons with it. Rosie comes over and says, "Now, now - even though your money is good for the moment, love. You keep that kind of behavior up, you'll find yourself out in the cold. Dismiss your spell or stay out."

ooc: Fast forward to Jax's questioning of the bartender, Opa.

ic: Opa looks at Jax and seems confused.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- Jomei -----

Jomei looks at Jax and says I don’t think the being I saw could have fit down that drain but I don’t doubt the evidence of our friend’s nose there are so many magical ways he could have fit. he pauses in thought for a moment then says one of you knights go tell them you hear your horse acting up and you don’t want him to damage himself or the building. That will get the key out here with out raising suspicion. I would do it but I don’t think Rosie’s staff would believe me. I am going to walk out toward the pier and see if I can see another way into the sewer near the shoreline if they are trying to make off with the goods the river is the fastest route.

Jomei walks warily out to the pier after looking around he walks half way out and looks back to the shoreline. Finally he lays down and leans over the side and looks under the pier and looks both ways spending a little longer to stare into the darkness near where the pier meets the shore.

Spoiler
    Show
    Darkvision 70’ Spot check while walking to the pier (1d20+4)[15]
    Spot check half way down the pier (1d20+4)[18]
    Spot check looking under the pier (1d20+4)[16]
    Latem Yvaeh

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Daven
    Daven gives up hiding, walks over the warehouse door, and listens to it carefully. Then he abandons his futile quest and then joins up with the party near the sewer. Upon catching up to speed he looks around and wonders aloud. From what I have heard this guy's size is awfully dexterous, If he managed to go down this way. I wonder what kind of creature could fit in there and steal the boxes. He seems awfully inconsistent. He then puts his ear to grate and listens hard.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+4)[16] Knowledge Nature
    (1d20+5)[19] Listen at the door of warehouse
    (1d20+5)[9] Listen at Sewer
    Last edited by Rux Ealdorman; 2008-02-24 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Fixed the speaking color

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nathan

Nathan silently follows the group outside and hangs around, trying to think of a way to make himself useful. I have no idea what's going on, he thinks to himself. "I'll be inside, if theres any trouble," he says to the group still left outside, and makes his way back towards the warmth and comfort of the inn.

Once inside, he speaks to Rosie about renting a room for the night and having a hot meal.
    Nathan (Into the Breach)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

"Sorry miss's its all about the show. Impress the crowd, be remembered, you know that sort of stuff." Besides the massive headache fro m overdoing it ust isn't worth the effect."

Rubs his temples as the spell dissapates.

to the bartender:
    "Maybe I was to roundabout sir. I'm looking for the local thieves. I want them to stay away from our stuff. If you can put us in contact with them to let them know I'd thank ye."
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-02-23 at 11:51 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner

Zaefner frowns at Jomei's suggestion. "Very well."He walks back to the inn, and looks about for the man who led him to the warehouse earlier.

ooc: I assume I spot him speaking with Jax

Spotting him, Zaefner approaches, still frowning over the lie he is about to tell. "Pardon me, but I would like...check on my horse. Could I possibly borrow the key to the warehouse? You seem to be otherwise engaged...and it is awfully cold outside, so might I suggest you remain here?"

Zaefner blushes, realizing just how poor of a liar he is. Just one more reason for me to stick to the truth

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20)[8]

Bluff - (1d20+1)[5]

Last edited by Vhaeryl; 2008-02-23 at 11:48 PM. Reason: to reflect just how bad the bluff was

23. - Top - End - #53

PirateCaptain

Outside the Warehouse:

Daven listens to the door, he hears the clop of horsehooves against cobblestone and the neighing of said animals.

Jomei heads to the edge of River Run and sees that the levvy wall is the edge of the Run itself. A short wall separates the Run from the riverside. There is no such gutter where a pier connects to River Run. Looking down under the pier, it is about a 10' drop to the water and river shore. The river is not frozen, but it doesn't take a wizard to figure out that one would not last long in the frigid river before going numb with cold. The pier is supported with large support posts all along its outer edge and cross-hatched beams add additional structural lift.

The half-orc's darkvision spies an outlet tunnel that is a pipe-like shape. It is partially submerged in the water, and a rusted iron grate is also visible. Jomei figures the pipe is large enough for an elf to walk in, but he and the men would need to stoop. Either way, whoever went down there would be getting wet.

Inside Rosie's

Rosie doesn't return any pleasantries with Jax, she only leaves him to his business after he dismisses the spell and meets the newcomer (Nathan). "Hello, love, what brings you here? Ah, a meal and room. Well, you came to the right place, dearie, but only food is what I can offer you unless you wouldn't mind staying with these others, for they have booked my last two rooms. I'll give you a minute to think about it while I get your dinner." She will return with the fish stew, crackers, bread, butter, and a pint of ale.

Jaxal (Zaefner) & Opa

Opa's brow furrows more, and his cheeks redden. "No thief - you bruja. Get out sight!"

When Zaefner approaches and inquires about key, Opa's ire continues to rise, "No! Friend of bruja. You not take key. Horse fine - better than you be if try take it."

It seems Opa is a closed book.
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-24 at 08:41 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin Shortbark

A bit lost, Mellavin wanders around a bit looking for anything odd. He walks around the warehouse, checking for windows to check out the goods and horse. If there aren't any, he'll go listen to the door as well. (Does the horse sounds distressed)
    He briefly checks the door for any holes to peek through.
    Spoiler
    Show
    spot anything odd - (1d20+2)[18] (darkvision)
    listen at the door - (1d20+5)[10]
    Last edited by Bender; 2008-02-25 at 02:20 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Tries again at listening to the grate, to see if anything more can be heard. He then stands and speaks.
    We might want to take into consideration that this thief, who ever he is, is simply trying to break in as thieves do, I don't think he has succeeded yet, which is not to say he hasn't gotten in there. Can he really squeeze through that opening with boxes on hand? We should probably just set a watch and go get some sleep. However, I did think the horses were a little uneasy, from the sound of them. So before turning we should probably check. Can anyone pick locks?
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+5)[25] Listen Check

He starts to wander toward the warehouse and the inn.
    Last edited by Rux Ealdorman; 2008-02-25 at 12:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- Jomei -----

I walk back over the people checking the outside of the warehouse There is a sewer grate under the peir. We could fit but it would not be comfortable and the water is still icy cold with the winter melt. I will gladly help guard, if it is the best we can do. But I recommend sets of two if anyone else can see in the dark we should split them up to the other groups.
    Latem Yvaeh

27. - Top - End - #57

PirateCaptain

Outside

Investigation of the warehouse reveals nothing out of the ordinary in the sense that it is a big rectangular building. The wall on one side is higher so that the snow falls off of its angled pitch. The only windows are on that taller side to allow natural light in. It does have eaves and down spouts on the lower side that one could climb.

From what can be heard inside, Daven's woodslore indicates that the horses do not seem completely comfortable. It is difficult to tell if the reason is because they are in a strange environment, the cold, or if there is something else that has set them at unease. They are not panicking, however, so it doesn't appear that they are in any immediate danger. Unfortunately, no knotholes or cracks seem visible for Mellavin to look through to reveal much of anything other than what was described to him (see previous warehouse map - ooc page 3, past #79), for the cracks under the door have crusted up with ice and snow from the winter.

Continued listening down the sewer hole reveals nothing new.

From what the two horsemen recall about the size of the crates, it would be impossible to take any one of those crates out throught he sewers. One would need at least on of the doors open. Having those double doors where the thief was seen open would be the most efficient method to get the merchandise out. However, it would take more than one man to lift one of those crates.

Discussion of watches being set seem to travel through the group. Finding a suitable place outside appears to be difficult, however, for there are little places to hide, and it is a cold night.

Inside Rosie's

Seeing that trying to get more information from Opa would be as easy as getting blood from a stone, Jaxal decides to do as asked...for the moment. When he heads to go out, he notices Gregor seems to have taken an interest in the conversation. One of the Rhennee men from the table is standing by the door and says in his heavy accent, "Please, Gregor wish to speak at you. Go not yet - after talk, then may go." Although no outward threat has been made, it is evident to Jaxal that this man appears to be able to handle himself in a scrape. Perhaps hearing out Gregor would be a good idea.

The doorman stays where he is while Jaxal approaches the table where Gregor is holding his court with his Rhennee friends. Opa goes back to wiping down the tables and grumbling in his native tongue. Jaxal thinks back to his childhood where he has heard stories of these River folk. He knows that they are not well liked among the other ethnic groups, for it always seem that when these gypsy nomads leave an area, they take with them more than what they brought in. However, they are known for their boating knowledge, for the river is their home - and rumor had it the best of the smugglers are Rhennee.

"Please to sit," Gregor purrs and flashes a bright smile that flashes behind his short beard. Jaxal has seen that look before - it has been on Toby's face before when it ways toying with a mouse. "Sound to Gregor you haf need help. Sound to Gregor kat worried when away, mice play with toys, no? Sound to Gregor kat wish insurance to no playink with toys, yes? Kat make deal with maus, Gregor thinks. But how find maus, Gregor wonders? With cheese say Gregor. Maus like cheese because cheese is gold." Gregor smiles again and sits back in his chair, making a tepee with his fingers. His half dozen or so men (and the women hanging around him) smile and laugh knowing the innuendo posed by their charismatic leader. He awaits the answer of Jaxal smugly.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Zaefner

Zaefner seems disappointed by Opa's reaction.

"So be it."

Zaefner turns and walks of the inn. Heading towards the warehouse, he stops halfway and turns around, waiting for a few moments to see if Opa follows him.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

Jax smiles:
    "I understand more than most people about mice and cheese. However from what I've heard we have a rat infestion. Are we talking about the mice removing the rats or the mice going elsewhere to play?"

"I too like cheese Gregor however there isn't much cheese to be had lately. I'm willing to share what meager I have though."

Jax drops the tools onto the table.

"Here's the majority of what I have gotten lately. Enjoy. Don't get greedy because the cat's I've come by recently have very sharp teeth. The might eat mice then gut them for that cheese."

Jax leans forward towards Gregor:
    "Now tell me what you know of the rats."
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Nathan

Nathan nods and smiles at Rosie, thanking her politely for the food once it arrives. He looks around the inn for his companions, and spots Jaxal sitting with the Rhennee group. At a glance, they seem to be having a somewhat private discussion, so Nathan decides to return to the large table the group had occupied beforehand and quickly finishes his meal.

I should really get the room business out of the way as soon as possible... They're probably still outside, I'll go see what's going on.

At that, he leaves a few Noble on the bar, and heads outside.

He spots the half-orc who tried to climb up on the roof earlier, and goes over to talk to him. "I noticed you tried getting on the roof... would it help if I gave you a boost, or is the pitch too steep?"
    Nathan (Into the Breach)