New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Into the Breach [IC]

Shep (and Best)

"There are several among my party, but I cannot speak for what they wish to do. I am a druid, so you can count on me, Shep Tookshire and my faithful friend here, to help you. Although I think my talents may be more useful against that witch Jomei was talking about - the one that is going to get fiery rain to fall upon your catapults. But I am getting ahead of myself. The party I am a part of consists of the veteran soldier, Jaeur; the half-orc guide and ranger, Jomei...he's the one who should be getting a medal for bravery in my opinion, for he snuck into camp and found all this business out; there's the scary sorcerer Jaxal; the dwarf, Mellavin the Mighty; and Kirke - wizardess of the hummingbird. There is one problem, however - I am unsure if Best can carry each of us across, so we may need to take our longboat and land it at yonder docks - that is unless you have a better idea? If not - shall make my leave to return to them so that I may present your wishes and situation, I will return shortly at any rate - with or without my comrades."

Shep will direct Best to leave the same way he came and fly back into the cover of the smoke and return to the party. He will tell them, "I met with Lt. Longfellow. It appears as though the people are preparing themselves for the upcoming fight, but I wouldn't put too much stake in their help, for they seemed more like commoners to me than anything else. However, Longfellow told me that if the orcs got through the secret passages and broke through that entrance, the keep would be quickly overrun. Plus, he said that losing even one catapult could be catastrophic to the defenses."

Shep then looks at each of the party and says, "I didn't pledge any of your services to help, but I gave Longfellow mine and Best's. I plan on flying back to help at the keep - I especially think we need to take that witch out before she can do her damage. She must have some way to fly over, I would guess. It may be to our advantage for me to intercept her before she gets to the keep. I think Best can ferry each of you across after I enhance his strength - that is if you don't mind being grabbed by the scruff of your collars."

"At any rate, I think our chances would be better in the keep - Kirke's illusions would be more plausible. In fact, she could make some of more guards or a catapult. Plus, Jaeur could lend a hand with his experience. If that many experienced soldiers lost their lives in the open, I doubt we would fare much better."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kirke does some quick calculations, and she figures that Best with increased strength could carry any of the party across. However, each ferry trip will take approximately 10 minutes round trip, so getting the entire party across will take an hour. After an hour's time from now, Shep calculates that the sun will be down and darkness will be within the next hour. If the party plans on going across, now is the best time.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

"I suggest we pull oar and get to the other side. Shep I suggest you save the spell untill later it'll probably be more usefull then. Although I doo agree with the rest whole heartedly. Maybe you should find out more bout the catacombs shep. If the guards have a map or can tell us f it is trapped would be good. Maybe we could even pull down part of the roof on them and bury a prtion of the invaders."
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin

"So we're not throwing rocks, then. Well, a dwarf feels most at home underground... I guess."
    To Jaxal "I don't mind going by boat, if that will get us there in time. But now is not the time to be sticky on spells, I've got two scrolls here that can make you stronger. And we've got these potions from the commander."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jomei listens intently to all the plans and then looks out over the landscape.

This is not a battle we can win with hit and run tactics. Given time and days to work with we could disrupt this camp kill officers and otherwise send them to meet their Gods but with less than an hour till sunset we best get moving. Shep we should start ferrying people as quickly as possible I would start with our casters and healers. I will go last. Some one write up an explination of the situation put it in the long boat and release it down the river. Tell the Captian to wait 3 days if we have not contacted him in that time. He needs to return to the city and report tell him to be on the look out for Orc Raiders.

With that Jomei moves back up the hill where he can keep a close eye on the troops he is specificly looking for any activity that shows the Orcs have spotted the part crossing the river or for either of the spell casters moving about.
    Last edited by LatemYvaeh; 2008-04-22 at 04:50 AM.
    Latem Yvaeh

6. - Top - End - #246

PirateCaptain

ooc: I am confused - which plan do you want to go by? Jaxal's (boat across to save spells) or Jomei's (Shep ferries and send word to Wavemistress via longboat)?

Also...Jaeur? Hello?
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

OOC maybe both I was hoping Jaeur our knight type person would put in a word for plan a plan b or improved plan c but if he doesn't
    I will vote against using the boat with Orcs massing at the river bank I would think we would be spotted and sunk
    Last edited by LatemYvaeh; 2008-04-22 at 01:29 PM.
    Latem Yvaeh

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

"If my perception of the situation is correct, it would be prudent to imperil the passage that these creatures hope to use. I can work on that, but I will need to get there quickly. A boat will not move swiftly enough, and will be quite risky a strategy as well."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaeur Pershing

The marshal purses his lips as he strokes his bearded chin. "As much as I do not relish such travel, I think it better if we are ferried across one by one. The boat leaves us too open to attack and losing everything in one go, I'm afraid."
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

"We don't like it but I will allow myself to be carried over the water. I do think it is a good idea to warn the ship if possible but consider that there is a strong likelyhood of the longboat getting stuck on something or passing the ship in the dark. If we could get it across we could put a few noncombatants in it to bring word to the ship as well."

"We could always row it a bit down river and send them to the boat. Maybe they already have something to use in the keep though..."

"We should also find out if there are any stores of oil or alchemist fire in the keep. If we have to fall back and fire the tunnel if might be enough for us to recover a bit before a 2nd battle or beat off the main attack. Even wood or straw that smokes the tunnels might make it harder for them. I will help in the tunnels I think. I cannot fly and unless the witch gets close my spells won't reach her. At least in the tunnel I can cast spells to penetrate armor." Also I wonder if the witch and the shaman have spells to protect the orcs from the cold water. If so maybe they will use the chain to swim across. If we can release the chain after only a few cross many still in the water may wash away and drowned. Then the few who enter the tunnel will have it ever harder to attack.
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-04-22 at 03:49 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griff Brutalles

Griff desperately tried to get the guards to let him stay and fight the orcs, thats what he came all this way to do anyway. However, not carrying any weapons on him and being only lightly armored did not help him to convince that he was worthy of combat.

He's spent the last few days since the attack trying to gather what info he can from the windows of the keep, if any, and trying to pass the time helping where he can. Hauling water was an exercise he undertook many times while with his family to build strength, so he was glad to do it here as well. He spent the nights attempting to scrounge up some booze, since his flask had run empty almost a week ago.

When he hears the cries of confusion from outside, he hurries out to get a look. Griff watches the odd flying dog meet with the soldier that seemed to be in charge from the courtyard, and then returns to helping and hauling water when he takes off again, wondering what the significance of it was.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin

"I would guess a waterside fortress would have boats somewhere. Let's get flying. I suggest the more strategic masterminds of us go first, so they can start thinking about a good defence plan. I could wait between the rocks, and maybe stall them a bit in case we're running out of time."
    Last edited by Bender; 2008-04-23 at 02:46 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253

PirateCaptain

The canine ferry

One by one, Best ferries the party across. For Jaeur and Jomei, the dog's strength is enchanted to do so. It is rather uncomfortable and a bit harrowing as the collie pumps his insubstatial wings to gain altitude, but the dog earns his name and Shep is proud to remind everyone of that.

As the last of you is brought across, the sun begins to set. Lt. Longfellow sends for any mercenaries with battle experience among those inside the walls. Those that answer are brought to be among the group. (psst: cue new guys ).

Once on the other side, Lt. Longfellow addresses you all, "I never thought I would be saying this, but I am glad to see adventurers this day. Our preparations are set. Boiling oil in the gate house. All sorts of shot and stone for the catapults. Ballistae are loaded and ready. Each person who can lift and aim a crossbow has been given one and instructed on its use. Those that know not that are prepared with water buckets, bandages, and will be ready with knives to cut ropes and push away ladders. Spears are at stations along the walls. We have weapons and armor to spare...so if you need any, now would be a good time to speak up."

When the question regarding oil and alchemical fire is asked, Longfellow says, "I can get you a barrel or two of oil, if you like - however we have no alchemical fire. Let me show you the tunnel."

The lieutennant leads you to the northernmost of the two smaller towers that house the bridge that connects with the water tower. Inside are stairs leading up to the wooden floored levels that have the windows with arrow slitted shutters. However, he moves to the weapon rack and pulls on one side. It is hinged and opens a door that reveals a stairwell leading down. Longfellow grabs a torch from a barrel inside the door on the landing and lights it with some flint and steel. He then beckons you to follow him down.

After several flights of stairs, there is a landing and a hallway that leads to your right. Longfellow puts the torch in the sconce on the left wall and uses it as a lever to turn the sconce. The grinding of a bolt is heard as he does so. He pushes on the wall and it slides open, revealing a long hallway. He leaves the door open and takes the torch as he continues down the hall. He stops at a second sconce that is on the right. He says, "Don't turn this one - it is a trap...a pit will open underneath and drop you into the water if the sconce is down. Further down that way is the water tower with the chain mechanism. That door opens with the sconce." Longfellow then walks down towards the tower - counting his paces as he does so. After 20 paces he turns to his left and looks for a stone. Finding it he points it out. "Pushing here will release the catch to open the door outside."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

14. - Top - End - #254

Griff Brutalles

As soon as he hears about the call for experienced fighters, Griff sighs to himself. Finally. He comes up to the group and nods his head in greeting, and notices the man with the flying dog is here again.

Griff is a muscular man with shoulder length brown hair wearing a finely made chain shirt, sporting a jeweled silver clasp holding on a rust red half-cape and bands of metal for spaulders. Otherwise he is wearing rough, leather clothes, most notably, oversized studded gloves. He carries no weapons, and his only other possession is a silver flask attached to his belt.

Griff grabs and lights a torch is there are more and no one objects when they go down.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

Jax tries to memorize everything the Lt shows and talks about. Jaxal also looks around at the spport structures on the way down.

"Lt. Longfellow, Is there any way to disable the mechanism outside? Where and what is the mechanism? Also those barrels of oil should be brought down immediately and I need a long rope to attach to that traped wall sconce. We'll pull the rope and turn it when a few get across to trap them. Maybe we can drive them back into the pit. Now is there a way to release the chain from inside the keep if nessecary? Better to replace it than to loose the keep."

Jaxal walks around touching a few of the support beams, "Do you have an engineer in the keep? If we weaken some of these beams maybe we could bring a part of the tunnel down on them to close it off without damaging the keep."

Turning around suddenly as if some unseen hand tapped him on the shoulder,
    "Yes Joseph, don't be so impatient. That is what I was just talking about water and fire." Jaxal giggles a bit as if he just heard a funny joke, "Water and fire, fire and water."

Suddenly looking back at the others as if remembering where he is without realizing he slipped away, "We might want to load an open barrel of oil onto the landing back there and dump it as we retreat. Then dump another and a torch down the steps as they assualt us. Then we shall hold the high ground as well as watch them burn for a minute. The fire won't last long. We need to be warry of the smoke it shall rise with us."

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any other exit to the hall with the outside exit? or is the landing the single way up into the keep?
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-04-23 at 01:40 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

16. - Top - End - #256

PirateCaptain

---Jaxal---[/B]

"Lt. Longfellow, Is there any way to disable the mechanism outside? Where and what is the mechanism? Also those barrels of oil should be brought down immediately and I need a long rope to attach to that traped wall sconce. We'll pull the rope and turn it when a few get across to trap them. Maybe we can drive them back into the pit. Now is there a way to release the chain from inside the keep if nessecary? Better to replace it than to loose the keep."

Longfellow thinks for a moment and then says, "I don't know of how to disable the doorway outside. I would assume someone who is knowledged in locksmithing could, but I am not he." He continues, "Two barrels will be waiting for us atop those stairs we came down as will 50' of hempen rope." Longfellow's brow furrows and says, "There is no way to release the chain since it is attached and would take more than us to break it. I wouldn't be too worried about the orcs coming that way - even if it were used as a bridge, we would be able to pick them off one by one since they would be flat footed balancing on that thing. Plus, they would have to be able to climb straight up the tower without any ladder. The chain blocks the way in, so even your cat would have a hard time squeezing through there. We want to keep it spanning or else they could get canoes and boats through unheeded. If too many of them are on the chain, we can send it into the drink and raise it up - but raising will take time."

"Do you have an engineer in the keep? If we weaken some of these beams maybe we could bring a part of the tunnel down on them to close it off without damaging the keep."

Longfellow sighs and shakes his head, "No engineers that I know of...plus it would take more than knocking out some of these support beams to send the ceiling crashing down."

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there any other exit to the hall with the outside exit? or is the landing the single way up into the keep?

answer:
    Spoiler
    Show

From the water tower itself - a merlined wall (which you are currently inside) runs the length of this area, but that is outside. Other than that, no. The door opens up into a hidden 'foyer'-like cave of rock. The cave has a rowboat in it that all of you could just fit in.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

"Thank you then Lt Longfellow. If I may have a monent or two outside to look at the door and mechanism then. One last thing before I forget, will the trap door in the hall reset itself?"
    Jaxal trips the secret doorway to outside and looks around to make sure no enemies are nearby. He then locates the way to open the door and works at disabling it or at least making it take longer to open.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[4]
    Listen (1d20+2)[20]
    Hide (1d20+9)[13]
    M Silent (1d20+10)[16]
    Search (1d20+6)[19]

I will take a 20 if possible on Disable Device otherwise:
    Disable Device (1d20+10)[24]

After he gets back inside and reseals the door pending nobody else needs it open (Does it open into or out of the hall?) Jaxal starts muttering to himself again.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

"If you are to make apt decisions, you should know what can be done. While my speciality is that of Magic and Nature, I still have some knowledge on a variety of subjects. In addition, I am capable of casting several spells. Those I have available at the moment can conjure up a sheet of slippery grease, or create a powerful and sticky web to prevent movement. I am also able to create illusions of light and sound, though not both at the same time. You might be able to put that into use should you decide to craft a trap." Kirke tilts her head slightly, and for the first time her cold face show a slight hint of emotion, namely fear. "Although, I should warn you that asking me to conjure up the web might have unforeseen consequences. Nothing dangerous for any of you I assure you, but consequences you should be aware of nonetheless."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Jaxal---

"I think that your first thoughts across the river may be right. You should probably support the keep itself against the fight. If you could discorage the witch or assist the warriors in holding the wall then your spells would be of great use. As you mentioned making a fake catapult for the witch to attack might drain and waste some of her spells faster. As for the sounds I'm not sure other than to maybe create a creatures voice that flies to scare her low enough to pepper with arrows. Your other spells seem very capable of suprising the enemy. Even peasants with crossbows may take down orcs stuck in a giant spiderweb. Be catious though milady, we wouldn't want to see you split by an axe or pierced by bolt."
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

20. - Top - End - #260

PirateCaptain

Lt. Longfellow answers, "Yes, the pit doors will reset themselves and the sconce will return to lock it again. The whole process takes a matter of a minute or so."

Jaxal investigates the exit which opens into a small sheltered and hidden cave. It would be nearly impossible to spot if one did not know where to look. The NE tower with the ballistae is in view of this cave, so archers trained in this direction could score some hits.

Jaxal manages to figure a way to disable the mechanism from working, but he would need to be stuck outside in order to do so, for he must do it on that side. In any event, he knows that determined individuals with enough strength and tools/weapons could batter their way in through this way. Its main defense is that only a select few knew of its existance in the first place. However, the witch or the torture must have pried this information from Boomgren.

ooc: It will be helpful for you all to discuss ooc what your characters would like to do/where they will be/ what items they want. You do not need to role play that part out unless you desire to.
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-04-23 at 08:46 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

21. - Top - End - #261

Griff Brutalles

Griff looks at Kerke with a raised eyebrow. He mumbles to himself; Cryptic.

He steps forward a bit. Well, I could probably do some damage down here, if thats where we're expecting an attack. I don't got no way to hurt anything, 'cept my fists. Griff smiles and punches his hand.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin

Throughout the tactical discussions, Mellavin is rather quiet and regularly phases out, praying for Ehlonna to give them some good fortune in the battle ahead.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Shep

Shep listens intently, scratching Best behind the ears as he does so. He adds his ideas (in OOC) when appropriate. The druid does mention, "I may be able to summon some animals to help, so do not attack animals - only the orcs."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- Jomei ----

When Jomei arrives in the keep he quickly locates Lt. Longfellow and gives him a report on the condition of Sir Boomgren and the other captured slaves. He then listens intently to the breifing on the castle and its weak points. As his comrades discuss the defence plans his mind keeps going back to the river and how the orcs plan on crossing. He looks arround and finally grabs 4 quivers of arrows from the armory and then climbs to the top of the chain tower from there he can see the battefield as a whole and has a nice view of the approach across the river. He puts out any torches and lights in his area to deepen the darkness and allow hime to see out into the deepening gloom of the evening
    He scans the river and the sky looking for the enemies he knows are approaching ever mindful that a well placed arrow to the orc witch or the one eyed cleric could mean the differance between victory and defeat.
    Latem Yvaeh

25. - Top - End - #265

PirateCaptain

The Fog of War

As preparations are made, the orc war drums still resound both inside and out of the keep. Even the soldiers seem distressed as they try to steel themselves for their undoubted death. Death happens to us all, however here - tonight - each of the party has a hand in deciding how one will die. It may be a horrible death, but at least it will be a heroic one.

Shep continues to ride his flying dog, Best. The wind blows his hair back behind his ears as the two soar above the walls and the chain tower. Suddenly, Best tenses and his ears perk up; he veers in a different direction - sniffing at the air as he does so. Soon, Shep hears it to, some strange rattling noise just ahead - much like that of a windchime made of bones or sticks. However, he cannot see anything, but he is certain something is there about 20' ahead and just above him. Whatever it is, is getting closer.

Just as he considers what to do, strange words - undoubtedly magic - are heard. He knows that he must act quickly!

ooc: Shep and witch have tied initiatives, so the two of you will go this same round.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Shep (Best)

"Springing" into action, Shep points his wand in the direction of the sounds and commands it to give a burst of green color on whatever is invisible there and spurs Best to charge in and attack by calling the words out in druidic.

Spoiler
    Show

Faerie fire the witch - the 5' burst will hit 4 squares, so I am assuming our Listen checks were good enough to pin point an area to hit.

Since she is outlined, Best should be able to attack without worry of missing. Best will charge.

Attack - (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[5]

I don't think Best can trip a flying creature
    Last edited by Margrave; 2008-04-30 at 10:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267

PirateCaptain

High in the Sky

Activating his wand, Shep and those below see the burst of green linger and outline the form of an odd looking sight. A long haired figure of medium build and apparently festooned with all sorts of trinkets and holding a staff is floating about 100' above the chain tower. Her nearly taloned hand appears to be rolling a ball of something as she speaks the arcane words of magic.

Just as she is about to fling the ball down upon the tower top, Best charges into her. She drops the ball and her spell fizzles as it falls harmlessly down below. She screams out a curse in orcish, and one does not need to see her face to know that this witch is seething in anger.

The commoners and soldiers look up and then look at each other wondering what to do. The commoners raise their crossbows and look like they are going to fire up at the witch (and Shep and Best). The Sergeant says, "Be ready, boys...the main force must be coming soon."

ooc:
    Concentration check failed - spell failure.

Top of the order (which really applies to those up top)

Commoners go on (1d20)[7]
    Catapult team goes on (1d20)[18]
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- Jomei ----
    Round 1 - Initiative 15 - top of the tower

As the burst of Faire Fire above outlines one of his two targets Jomei quickly draws an arrow from the quiver hang on the battlement in front of him. He quickly takes careful aim at the illuminated figure and shoots at her after he fires he quickly grabs another arrow and quickly scans the area around the tower looking for the enemy cleric

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+2)[16] Normal +6 took a -4 for shooting into melee
    Damage (1d8+3)[9]

Spot check for locating cleric (1d20+4)[8]

Init 15 Darkvision 70’ AC 18 Fort 4 Reflex 6 Will 3
    Latem Yvaeh

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Mellavin Shortbark

As soon as Mellavin gets a clear sight of the witch, he release the magic embedded in the scroll and a whisper shoots out, trying to get a hold en silence the witch.
    After Activating the scroll, he immediately looks down to see any signs of an approaching orc force.

Spoiler
    Show

caster level check scroll - (1d20+2)[16] (DC=4)
    I'm afraid the DC to resist is only 11 (will save), but if she fails, she can't cast spells with verbal components or activate items with a command word
    spot orcs - (1d20+2)[4]
    listen orcs - (1d20+5)[19]

Current Location ( on wall near tower )

INIT Phase: 10
    AC: 18 (Flat: 16, Touch: 12)
    HP: 30
    Saves: Fort 8, Ref, 2, Will 5

readied items: scroll of silence

spells/effects active: /

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaeur Pershing
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 17/17; AC 16, t 10, ff 16 (currently without shield)

The marshal holds his borrowed guisarme steady, hoping to repel the invaders for as long as possible before having to draw his longsword and shield. He looks at his companions and smiles. His baritone carries through the corridor easily as he calls out to the defenders. "Hold fast good men and women. And beasts," Jaeur adds thinking of Best and the animals that may be summoned to aid the defenders. "We will be the breakers that hold this tide until it subsides into the ether. Hold true in your heart that your defense is just and you do your best to stem the flow of darkness over civilization." He pauses a moment before continuing. "We will not be undone by foul magic and savagery. WE ARE THE VALIANT! WE ARE THE JUST! WE WILL BE THE VICTORIOUS! MAYAHEINE BLESS US ALL!" Jaeur's voice reverberates through the corridor as he finishes with a resounding shout.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranseur set against charge.
    Can I ready a Kiai Shout (CW102)? Opponents within 30' who fail save (Will 14) are shaken for 1d6 rounds... If not, I'll save it for later... I get 3/day.
    Minor Aura: Watchful Eye (+3 Reflex saves).
    Major Aura: Motivate Urgency (+5' base speed)
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-05-02 at 09:31 AM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.