New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Shards of Siberys - An Eberron webcomic

By the looks of it.. next monday.
    Hospital visits in my time off from work leave little to no time for drawing.
    We'll be back when this is over, bear with us please .
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-11-16 at 12:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Hacktor View Post
    By the looks of it.. next monday.
    Hospital visits in my time off from work leave little to no tome for drawing.
    We'll be back when this is over, bear with us please .
    Yay ! :bigsmile:
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

3. - Top - End - #453
    Pixie in the Playground

confused Partials

I`m currently stuck between two colleges both wanting projects and partials from me. I`ve already started work on one license paper. From Monday morning I woke up into Wednesday, Hacktor called and I promised I would do something for Shards (I WANT TO WRITE AND NEVER STOP) but except the pressing partial I have on Friday and which will be very demanding, I still need to find a job. Soooooo... I hope you will enjoy the first of what I hope to be a 4 part Lore that will be posted in my free time.
    This Lore will bring a few unannounced spoilers to the mix and the return of a character I very much enjoyed in Lore II.

As I said, this is only Part I, and like it or not, this Lore HAS to be written.

Lore III: Crossroads (Part I: Focus)
    Spoiler
    Show

``Rage? Rage, focus on the sound of my voice. That`s it. Focus, Rage. DAMNIT, RAGE, I SAID TO FOCUS!``

``W-wha-aaargh! What? Ow. Pain.``

``Pain? Pain`s good Rage. Any feeling is good.``

``What? Wh-who are you? Wait… what? Where am I? No, wait… I- Who? How?``

``Fooocuuus. Calm down. Let the synapses do their job, I don`t want to be talking to something more brain-dead than you already are. Focus.``

``Alright, I`m… focused. Wow, this isn`t that hard.``

``Good. See? Panic and chaos aren`t always helping you. Remember that. Now, you can obviously hear me… finally. Can you see me?``

``I can see… something. I`m not sure what I`m seeing. You… you`re a female…``

``That is correct.``

``I`ve never seen you before, have I?``

``Not like this, no. Rage, look beyond me. Look all around. What do you see.``

``Er… Wow, I didn`t even notice there was something around us. It`s blurred. Dark smoke… mist… I can`t see anything well defined. Why do you keep calling me that?``

``Calling you what? Rage? Because I think it suits you. Because it was your rage and anger that beckoned to me all this time.``

``But I already have a name. My name… My name is…``

``You`re not supposed to remember your name. You`re not supposed to be talking, to be hearing, to be seeing. I`m not supposed to be here, you`re not supposed to be able to gain focus. But yet… you are… Lucky.``

``Lucky! Yes, that`s my name. Who are you? How do you know so much? What is this, where we are.``

``Focus! Questions give birth to more questions. Confusion. Chaos. And then you`ll be gone. One thing at a time. Focus, until you can see where you are. Clear the smoke and the mist and bit by bit tell me what you see.``

``I… alright. There, there is a light. It`s above me. I… am lying down. I can`t move. Around me… are… Oh, I`m in a Tinkerer`s Shop. I remember… I was practicing, trying to cast a spell and then… I felt something shatter. Amber is here.``

``Yes, Amber is here. Ever since day 1 she has been here, holding your hand.``

``Day 1? But it feels like just a moment ago. How much time have I been like this for?``

``Close to 7 weeks.``

``Am I dead?``

``I`ll be honest with you. You`re not alive right now. If you were, I`d have made it to you faster. I`m still amazed I made it to you at all.``

``Who are you exactly?``

``Do you love Amber?``

``WHAT?``

``You`ve heard me. Answer my question. Do you?``

``What does that have to do with anything?``

``I want to hear your answer.``

``Why? Who are you?``

``I said I WANT TO HEAR YOUR ANSWER! So tell me! Do you love Amber? Do you love her now because you know she`s been by your side for seven weeks, never letting go of your hand? Did you love her before?``

``That is between me and her.``

``Oh, is it? Is it really? How long has it been since you two have met? How long has it been since you two have fought side by side? It`s been that long and never once have you told her how you feel about her.``

``I… You`re right. It has been too long.``

``That`s for you to decide. You can call me Warglaive. Or Glai for short, we`ll be stuck here together for quite a while. Unless, of course you allow confusion and chaos to break your focus, in which case, you`ll be gone and I`ll be gone with you.``

``What is happening right now, how are you here?``

``I am here… because I am a memory of somebody who has been gone for a very long time. Somehow, I remained. And now I am here to keep you safe and focused. And when the time comes, I will have to die so you can live.``

``Oh…``

``Yeah, don`t think about it too much. It is actually a great honor for me to do this for you. I look at it as a last chance to save face and perhaps seek some sort of redemption. However…``

``However?``

``There is something I want you to do for me.``

``Name it.``

``I want you to tell me how you met Amber. We`ll be here for a very long time so I want you to tell me a memory of her whenever you recall one.``

``The day I met Amber… Might as well call it the night I met Amber. I used to be soldier. That`s how they called us, soldiers. Made it sound more dignified, more military-like. It was a name that was supposed to make us feel like we were part of something bigger, of something organized. I used to be called a soldier but all I ever was back then was just a murderer who got a monthly pay for doing what he did best. Warforged like me, were always seen as being expendable. Lumbering, brutish constructs that could kill and kill and kill. I never had to worry about who I was killing. Ever since I can remember, I was sent to die, with the first troops. Scouting parties… reconnaissance… search and report back. I was always sent to die, to be the first who clashed with the enemy, to test the enemy`s strengths, to perish by his sword just so my commanding officers could see what type of sword the enemy wielded. Skirmish after skirmish, campaign after campaign, I would always come back, with the enemy either defeated, either retreating, either captured. That`s why they called me Lucky because I would always come back, alive and in one piece… and alone.
    This particular campaign was very cold. Ever since the brass sent me there, my enemy had been the cold itself. Blizzards, snowfalls, ice. For weeks we wandered in this frozen waste looking for an ancient city. Four very old necromancers had stumbled upon a buried necropolis and decided to unearth it and all its inhabitants. The team had 15 other members and myself as leader. We were all hardcore veterans both famous and infamous among all soldier for outlasting our expiration dates and even though I was a murderer because I was ordered to murder, most of these people loved to do so. They loved it a bit too much it seemed…``

``Why? What happened?``

``Well, you get very superstitious in times of war. Everything and anything becomes a bad omen. The night we received our orders and were named as a team, the 16 of us went to celebrate. We didn`t know where we were going yet, we just knew we were going to kill undead. That night, two of the lads got a bit crazy after the ale and a fight broke out. Somehow, in just a matter of seconds, they had not only killed each other but also another two people closest to them. Incidentally, the other two who got murdered were our Clerics. The next morning, the remaining twelve of us were labeled as cursed, especially since we were assigned only one new member: a rookie Elf Cleric named Elizabeth.``

``Lizzie.``

``Yeah, Lizzie, the 13th member of an already doomed squad. She had no combat experience whatsoever and worst of all, she was a shy girl in an all man`s group. 4 weeks later the cold had already killed 8 of us and the surviving 5 weren`t doing that well either. With a new dawn, we had reached the city…``

That`s it, hoped it peaked your attention.
    Hacktor, don`t hate me, man!

Final note: Bayar, I freaking love your new avatar!!!
    Last edited by Tenshiro; 2009-11-11 at 10:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #454

SamuraiGirl

Wow... My 1'st post is now aparently over 500000 words long and the forum can't take it.
    My first step will be to import the lores into inkscape and make them pictures...

Edit: I just read it and as always it rocks... You don't mind if I take a few liberties with your typos and some lore mistakes do you ten?

Apart from that. Great work.
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-11-12 at 09:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Finally got around to read the new lore
    i hate cliffhangers, but otherwise good job.

PS i like what you did to the first lore in the archives

6. - Top - End - #456

SamuraiGirl

I'm still alive... as for Tenshiro, Looks like he's disappeared again. Last I heard from him was Monday. I'm still waiting for the script for #37 from him. Until them I need to fix lore 1 and Make 2 and 3 look the same...

You might not like cliffhangers but you can take my word for it... it's worth it.
    Please be patient while we find ourselves (and by that I mean Each other )

EDIT:
    btw- tynger.. can you post a link to the thread where you play star wars saga.. I won't post, I just want to watch :D
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-11-19 at 04:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I still need my character introed because he is a replacement for a dead guy, but here's the link anyway

The Edge of Reason

8. - Top - End - #458

SamuraiGirl

thank you 4 that.

I finally got the polished version of 37 and I'll probably draw it soon enough.
    Tomorrow i won't be home so maybe Monday evening (Tuesday at the latest)

hang in there. I still hope we can get shards going faster.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Shards of Siberys FOR THE WIIIN!

Alright people, we are getting back on track.

Exams are all almost done, all that`s left is for some projects to turn in and that is it with school until the next year. Boo-yah!
    Yours truly did NOT manage to find a job that would allow him a few hours of at any time of the day and some bird feed salary so I guess that means I have extra time to spend with you lot. Expect the other 3 parts of the Lore quite soon. Also, there is a small error with the current piece, out of fatigue I labeled Lizzie as an Elf while she is a half-Elf. I didn`t even notice, thank the Heavens for Hackz being there to proofread it.
    More changes will come soon to the first post. The Lore part shall be edited entirely converting the raw text into images so we can post more of it. The other comics shall be updated as well and I`ll try to squeeze in a few special surprises in there as well.

If you guys are able to show us a bit of support and cheer us on, we`d gladly appreciate it. We`re back and we`ve got more ideas than ever. We just hope that we didn`t lose the fanbase in the hiatus.

Shards of Siberys FOR THE WIIIN!

10. - Top - End - #460

SamuraiGirl

Oh... this is awkward...

So 1 month, 2 weeks and 2 hospitalizations later we present...

Strip 37 ( ..first page.. why are you still here? ).. 28 will come along shortly :D

The plot gets thicker and we finally learn one reaseon it's called "Shards of Syberis"

11. - Top - End - #461

Kobold

I thought that the gnomes of House Boramar are not the Soprano's Clan.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Pixie in the Playground

Small trivia facts:
    - while writing his name in the dialogue captions I nicknamed him `Dwarfleone`; his real name shall be kept a secret to ensure his protection and integrity (and in the same time our `protection and integrity`)
    - Hackz had to remove some of the dialogue to prevent another Wall of Text incident, that`s why there are some grammar issues and/or typos.
    - the head with the sideburns and `sorta Elvis hairdo` is Hackz` rendition of my visage. Some may call it an improvement from the original. To them I say `Har, har, har, I`ve got Dwarfleone`s number on speed dial so watch it, capeesh?`

See you with no.038 or another piece of Lore.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think you may have forgotten to drop an H from his last sentence there.
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

14. - Top - End - #464

SamuraiGirl

The Charl gentleman is right... it should be "dat" not "that" .will fix soon enough.

15. - Top - End - #465

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    I thought that the gnomes of House Boramar are not the Soprano's Clan.

Dude... waht's house Boramar? that's not from an Eberron I know
    . The dwarf is an employee of house Canith... (Dragomnark of making is exclusive to Humans but they do hire other craftsmen and tinkers if they are talented enough)
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-12-01 at 01:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

Kobold

Well, I reffered to Clan Boromar as a house, in an attempt to sound like a smartass.

You know, because there is House Tarkanan....and most members of Clan Boromar are small size, something like mini Sopranos.

17. - Top - End - #467

SamuraiGirl

I dont understand... there are no Tarkanan and no Boromar in eberron...

I really don't get it

EDIT: Sorry... I now see the limits to the amount of lore I know.
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-12-01 at 01:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #468

Kobold

I really don't get it
    Sharn, City of Towers, Criminal Organisations...

19. - Top - End - #469
    Bugbear in the Playground

I really don't get it
    House Tarkanan is a criminal organization in Sharn that pretends to be a house as a sort of mockery. The Boromar clan is another criminal organization from Sharn, and is sort of like the halfling maffia.
    Planetkiller avatar by The Randomizer

20. - Top - End - #470

SamuraiGirl

Oh my god... I really need to read that book from cover to cover... ... I'm currently using material from Races of eberron, Dragonmarked, and FiveNations (these are all I got for now) ..

got to get more :)

21. - Top - End - #471

SamuraiGirl

It's official, tonight Tenshiro will give me back the script and I'll draw 38.
    Just thought I'd give you an update.

See you soon.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Pixie in the Playground

biggrin Re: Shards of Siberys - An Eberron webcomic

Cheers, dearest readers and occasional `stumble-uponers`.
    It`s December 21st and we`re all getting ready for... well... Christmas, go figure.
    Anyway, I`m guessing most of you are going to try and enjoy yourselves during the holidays, be with your families or get away from them, each of us has their fancy, who am I to judge?
    The point is, we (both Hackz and myself) decided to be a bit thoughtful and wish you, all of you:

Happy Holidays, good luck, much health and plenty of all that`s good and fracking sweet in the world and a Happy New Year!

We`re doing all the well-wishing early because we`re lazy in matters like these and like to avoid the holiday rush.

In a related topic, I`m keeping my fingers crossed for #038 going `live` before the 25th.

23. - Top - End - #473

SamuraiGirl

So much for strip 38 dropping before Christmas eve
    I just hope you will wait because the ammount of work that's going into it and all future strips from this point on is collosal.

Until then have a merry christmass.

24. - Top - End - #474

SamuraiGirl

Hey guys I got my secret santa comic...

Spoiler
    Show

also adding the one I drew for Take Two Again just for the sake of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-12-26 at 12:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475

SamuraiGirl

So. I just got my hands on Adobe Illustrator and I'm pondering the implications of importing the entire comic and drawing it there... I came to this conclusion after trying to "deploy" some geometry-heavy art in inkscape. Needless to say Inkscape slowed down to the point I couldn't work any more. Illustrator seems to have no memory problems with the same scene but the controlls are counterintuitive :(. I'm going to keep working with both until I find a suitable solution.

Keep in touch.
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-12-29 at 06:04 AM.

26. - Top - End - #476

SamuraiGirl

fixed it new comics are up in a 2for1 Christmas special :D (we uploaded 2 of them in order to both showcase the new artwork and to cover the fact that 38 doesn't have a pun at the end.

I spent all that time since the start of November putting together all the pieces I would need to SHADE all the characters\backgrounds\etc...
    Also tried adding a bit of 3D to the backgrounds...

Now that finally we have a few more readers I would welcome a constructive comment or 2 about the comic, if you have time.

P.S. ALSO there's a surprise coming sometime after New Year's 2010.
    I'll let Tenshiro say more if he wishes.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Pixie in the Playground

wink Good riddance 2oo9

Yeah, Hackz beat me to the first post about our two-fer-one-holiday strips.
    No, Ten does not wish to say anything more about the several surprises that will come with January 2010.

Hope you fellas enjoy Hackz` work over these last weeks. The man worked on Christmas to shade all the cast and the backgrounds. Also, don`t get too scared about #039`s cameo, I guarantee more wicked things shall come.

To conclude (this post, the 30-39 comics, this month, this year) the Shards of Siberys creators and (maybe, why not?) cast wish you all a happy new year and better and greater (and definitely a lot more comic filled) 2010!

Cheers guys, my hat goes off in your honor.

PS: Feedback, comment, tell a friend (Yeah, shameless self-promotion in the last days of the year! Yeah, I have no heart!)

28. - Top - End - #478
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

nice job on the 3d effects, one step closer to making a shadow dancer useful

29. - Top - End - #479

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tynger1234 View Post
    nice job on the 3d effects, one step closer to making a shadow dancer useful
    Thank you... Heh, shadowdancer

30. - Top - End - #480

Kobold

Dont remember seeing Tiffanie draw an avatar of that...