New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Shards of Siberys - An Eberron webcomic

it's been heavily modified... it was a girl in a pink dress with a pink hat bowing. :D I liked it so much I wanted to add it as a character as-is but when we discussed changing the plot I still wanted to use her.

Also she'll look better in the morning. We keep saying that but i still can't stress that enough.
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-12-29 at 04:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayar View Post
    Dont remember seeing Tiffanie draw an avatar of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Hacktor View Post
    Also she'll look better in the morning.
    I hope so.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Dwarf in the Playground

Either my eyes, which are red and exhausted after a week of never-ending sitting in front of a screen, have finally lost accuracy, or you have a major art upgrade.
    It's good to have your comic back Thumbs up!

@Tiffanie Lirle: Wow, great picture . I hope my attempts will pay off someday too

Be nice, give him a hug. Look how much he want's it!

Avatar and Signature were made by me

4. - Top - End - #484

SamuraiGirl

Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pathwalker View Post
    major art upgrade.
    It's good to be back

5. - Top - End - #485
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by A Random BUT REAL Shards of Siberys Fangirl
    I love the story, and the characters and they're all so cool, I can't decide who I like more! That mysterious Orc who doesn't get so much screentime looks so nice, I really wanna know what happens to him too. And the jokes are so funny and the texts are all so nice. Everytime I get crit'd by another wall-of-text strip I start reading cuz I know it's gonna get good. The Lore is so awesome, can`t wait for more! I love you guys, especially Tenshiro, I wanna have your babies!!!
    Erm... why, thank you. It`s good to finally get some real, solid feedback from a reader. Happy holidays! ^.^v

Quote Originally Posted by A Really Skeptic Reader
    I think "A Random BUT REAL Shards of Siberys Fangirl" is a fake poster, I couldn't find the user anywhere and 'she' had nothing to say about Hacktor's sweet-ass artwork either...

Stop screwing around Tenshiro, nobody gives a damn!!! Crawl in a dark corner and die, you faker! Anyone can see the fangirl's a fake!
    Ahem... A fake? Really? I... I don`t know what you`re talking about. She is a very lovely girl and you`re just a meanie. Also, pay no attention to this wig, make-up or this really gothy skirt that`s apparently my size. It`s... er... for a cosplay, yeah that`s it!

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year, guys! We`ll talk to you soon after the years change and the next Strip/Lore is set up.

6. - Top - End - #486

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshiro View Post
    ... some real, solid feedback from a reader.
    Yes, some ... solid feedback.

All in all have a happy new year ( we formally appologize for celebrating it a full 10 hours before most of you guys but I promice we'll be thinking of you )

7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs down Shards of Siberys #040

Hackz, what the frack do you mean 00% at strip #040? =[

Dude, I`ve got the texts for all panels written and waiting for you to return from your lovely New Year`s trip. >=b

Damn, it`s 2o1o already and all I freaking want to do is go to bed and sleep until 2o11!

8. - Top - End - #488

SamuraiGirl

Thumbs up Shards of Siberys #040

Fixed it ... don't get your panties in a bunch

Also. Trip ended, was nice, back to work.

9. - Top - End - #489

SamuraiGirl

I was searching for something and i stumbled upon some old images I had lost long ago.

It's in the Art \ Fan Art section.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Banned

So Hacktor, are you going to announce the thing or am I?

11. - Top - End - #491
    Pixie in the Playground

tongue Dun-dun-duuun

Hmmm, what`s this now? =D
    Are we talking thing as in Fantastic 4 member, a disgusting body member, sex change operation, top secret plan to take over the world with a doodad, perhaps all of the above?

I`m always so left out of the big painting... =(
    Wait, that`s not right... Hmmm, I always get myself so far off from the big painting. =D
    That`s better. By all means, let`s let Hackz announce ``THE THING (...from Hell!)`` XD

12. - Top - End - #492

SamuraiGirl

It's nothing that big or monstrous.. the thing is Me and X2 agreed that we would be doning some fan strips for one another

I don't know when they'll be here but it's a priority second only to Shards of Syberis #040.

We'll discuss this in further detail later. :D
    Anything you wish to add X2?

P.S. Loved that "economy soap" gag
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2010-01-02 at 10:57 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Banned

Default Re: Dun-dun-duuun

Hmmm, what`s this now? =D
    Are we talking thing as in Fantastic 4 member, a disgusting body member, sex change operation, top secret plan to take over the world with a doodad, perhaps all of the above?

I`m always so left out of the big painting... =(
    Wait, that`s not right... Hmmm, I always get myself so far off from the big painting. =D
    That`s better. By all means, let`s let Hackz announce ``THE THING (...from Hell!)`` XD
    *backs away slowly*

14. - Top - End - #494

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Dun-dun-duuun

Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    *backs away slowly*
    Don't wory... He's not angry at you . Just a little moody :D

15. - Top - End - #495
    Pixie in the Playground

eek Wait... what?

You have got to be the first or second person who ever backed away at one of my mood swings.
    Don`t worry, it`s all cool.
    I just wanna be in on the action, that`s all.

16. - Top - End - #496

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Wait... what?

You have got to be the first or second person who ever backed away at one of my mood swings.
    Don`t worry, it`s all cool.
    I just wanna be in on the action, that`s all.
    There'd be no action without you Ten.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Banned

Without action there's no juice!

(All of a sudden I'm Frank Sinatra?)

18. - Top - End - #498
    Pixie in the Playground

furious Fracking exams, they never end.

Alright, Hackz has the #040 and we shall be meeting face to face tomorrow to discuss it.
    However, exams are starting soon for me and since I`m attending two colleges that means that my cramming needs to be extra... crammy.
    I`m going to vanish off the face of the earth for one week, perhaps two. After this exam sessions we should however be seeing a more frequent update rate. I`m still keeping my fingers crossed for that once a week update time but we`ll see.
    Wish me luck, guys! Everybody can still send me Private Messages and the such, I`ll just probably be able to look over them in the weekend (Friday - Saturday for me) or during late (or better said early) hours of the morning.
    I`ll edit this post or add another on Monday after our meeting.

Monday Edit
    Alright, so Hackz seems to be liking the #040. Although it might not look like turning point in the story, it will be. After our exam sessions end and our second semester starts, we should be able to keep working, providing a weekly update.

I know it`s been a drag since I showed up. Before my arrival, Hackz was providing readers with numerous updates per week and since I came along, the whole thing sort of started to stagnate...
    If you guys could step inside our minds for just a second, I`m quite convinced that what you would see there would both surprise and scare you. Our un-synchronized lack of time and lack of actual feedback is working against us.

Both Hackz and I have about 95% of the entire storyline already and the other 5% is just what most would call `random encounter fluff`. Before this was a Fan Comic, it was Hackz` wonderful idea for our characters` amazing and awesome adventure (didn`t mean to just do that alliteration, sorry). I just came along because I wanted to be a part of it and because I`m more `textually active` than the man.
    About once a week, we discover another new fan and that`s awesome. Even if it kills us, we will get Shards of Siberys to its finish.

... but before that:
    Exams!
    Last edited by Tenshiro; 2010-01-04 at 02:26 PM. Reason: I said I was gonna edit it ><;

19. - Top - End - #499

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: Fracking exams, they never end.

Alright, Hackz has the #040 and we shall be meeting face to face tomorrow to discuss it.
    However, exams are starting soon for me and since I`m attending two colleges that means that my cramming needs to be extra... crammy.
    I`m going to vanish off the face of the earth for one week, perhaps two. After this exam sessions we should however be seeing a more frequent update rate. I`m still keeping my fingers crossed for that once a week update time but we`ll see.
    Wish me luck, guys! Everybody can still send me Private Messages and the such, I`ll just probably be able to look over them in the weekend (Friday - Saturday for me) or during late (or better said early) hours of the morning.
    I`ll edit this post or add another on Monday after our meeting.

Monday Edit
    Alright, so Hackz seems to be liking the #040. Although it might not look like turning point in the story, it will be. After our exam sessions end and our second semester starts, we should be able to keep working, providing a weekly update.

I know it`s been a drag since I showed up. Before my arrival, Hackz was providing readers with numerous updates per week and since I came along, the whole thing sort of started to stagnate...
    If you guys could step inside our minds for just a second, I`m quite convinced that what you would see there would both surprise and scare you. Our un-synchronized lack of time and lack of actual feedback is working against us.

Both Hackz and I have about 95% of the entire storyline already and the other 5% is just what most would call `random encounter fluff`. Before this was a Fan Comic, it was Hackz` wonderful idea for our characters` amazing and awesome adventure (didn`t mean to just do that alliteration, sorry). I just came along because I wanted to be a part of it and because I`m more `textually active` than the man.
    About once a week, we discover another new fan and that`s awesome. Even if it kills us, we will get Shards of Siberys to its finish.

... but before that:
    Exams!
    I agree. This comic's alive and it will stay alive.

But first ... work (and later exams)

20. - Top - End - #500

SamuraiGirl

Guys... I've been feeling sick ever since Sunday. I can't look at the monitor. I've got to get better before i even look at another vector.
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2010-01-06 at 02:51 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Pixie in the Playground

frown The morning that never comes...

It`s definitely going to be two weeks of cramming.

Hackz asked me to post on his behalf. Although I haven`t witnessed the entire set of events, I was made aware that he had been feeling sick (his eyes would not let him near the computer display)
    2o1o started kinda bad for him, he went to the hospital today and the doctor immediately cleared 15 days off work for him. Romanian doctors don`t usually do this. Hackz said he is better now and I believe him.
    I`m gonna visit him tomorrow and see how he is and how bad it really is.

Until Hacktor gets back to full working capacity, I`m pulling the hand-brake on Shards of Siberys.

I`ll keep the small yet loyal community posted and I`ll do my best to update the Lore (part II however was linked to #040 so I might have to do something else)

If there ever was a time for support and fan strips, this is it. Hang in there, guys, we`ve been through worst.

22. - Top - End - #502

SamuraiGirl

If you ever got new glasses you know this feeling... the dizziness and the headache that will not go away as well as an unexplainable sense of "That just ain't right"... That's what I'm feeling now. To add to that... I just got new glasses.

Overall Feeling a bit better ... Could actually work a bit today... Hope the weekend helps

Hang in there... Incidentally the Q's comic reviews has Shards in the Cross hair. Have fun.

23. - Top - End - #503

SamuraiGirl

The Q's Comic Review

There it is... Kinda harsh but, that's how we like it

24. - Top - End - #504

SamuraiGirl

Feeling better... here's my fancomic for X2.

Strip 014.6 (Fan Strip) - Amber's and Walter's quest for the Arcane Anomaly.

P.S. You really have to read Xartyive2000 comic #025 to get it
    [See... it serves another purpose... Advertising]
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2010-01-09 at 12:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Banned

Feeling better... here's my fancomic for X2.

Strip 014.6 (Fan Strip) - Amber's and Walter's quest for the Arcane Anomaly.

P.S. You really have to read Xartyive2000 comic #025 to get it
    [See... it serves another purpose... Advertising]
    joke was funny =3

26. - Top - End - #506

SamuraiGirl

Disclamer: Take Two is a nice comic and I like it.
    Disclamer 2: The Q's a nice guy, and intitled to his opinions.

So ... take two the webcomic gets a recomandation in the Q's review and is classified as quote:"great comic that inspires great feelings"...

...But we get "Don't know if it's worth it". Sometimes I think all the effort I put into the artwork is useless and if i were just to scribble some cr*p down it would be better... I'm not saying shards is the ultimate webcomic (Oots is ) but recommending the (as of soon 20 strips) Take Two over Shards makes me think this whole review thing's a little too Subjective for my tastes.

Again... I'm nothing if not disappointed.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Banned

Aww you're your comic is great!

Also, comparing this to Take Two is like apples and oranges isn't it?
    Last edited by X2; 2010-01-19 at 06:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Banned

It's kinda hard (and by that i mean impossible) to have a comic review that isn't subjective.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Disclamer: Take Two is a nice comic and I like it.
    Disclamer 2: The Q's a nice guy, and intitled to his opinions.

So ... take two the webcomic gets a recomandation in the Q's review and is classified as quote:"great comic that inspires great feelings"...

...But we get "Don't know if it's worth it". Sometimes I think all the effort I put into the artwork is useless and if i were just to scribble some cr*p down it would be better... I'm not saying shards is the ultimate webcomic (Oots is ) but recommending the (as of soon 20 strips) Take Two over Shards makes me think this whole review thing's a little too Subjective for my tastes.

Again... I'm nothing if not disappointed.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm very sorry you feel that way. You pour your heart and soul into these comics and yet something that seems inferior gets a higher recommendation. We've all been there.

But you have to take into account the reason for such things sometimes. I recommend comics based on if any new people wander into the fancomic section and want to know which ones are unique and interesting to read. And wishing no offense to you, sir, your comic hasn't done a heck of a lot to distinguish itself.

Great artwork is great, and I suppose I should've covered it in my review. I apologize for not focusing more on it's positive traits during the comic. I suppose my strict formula of "first panel is witty introduction, second panel is review, thrid panel is critiquing, fourth panel contructive critisism, fifth panel recommendation and sixth panel weird score" is a bit too strict to allow side notes like the ones I'm writing down now. I could've gone on about how the presentation looks really nice and how the characters are pretty well done. I didn't because my complaints seem more important at the time.

However, Shards hasn't seemed to go anywhere from it. The story has been pretty forgettable so far. And a forgettable story is a pretty big complaint. Take Two also has a slow introduction where it doesn't seem like anything happens and he's just taking another random quest he doesn't care about, but I've seen this as a great way to introduce a memerable character and really develop him, and the fact that everything was turned upside down was pretty damn interesting. Yes, the presentation cripples it. But in my view if a story can make you forget about that then it's pretty powerful.

I suppose the artwork in your comic might have put me off. It is great art, don't get me wrong, but it made me expect something more. Perhaps it tainted your review. Take Two's art isn't the best it could be, and perhaps it made me pleasently surprised about it's content. Both of these culd have drastically changed the review, although I myself doubt it. You never know.

The point is, I don't think it's a bad comic. That's why I'm still giving it a chance to distinguish itself. I didn't not recommend it. SO if you just keep the great art and presentation keep going in the same direction and make an interesting story I can rememeber I will rate you higher then Take Two, which only does that latter.

*sigh* Being a critic is so difficult sometimes. At least for me. Real critics never actually get to see the results of what they critisize and can take comfot in the knowledge that their critisizing will not bring the huge multi-million dollar companies to tears. I cannot say that. I am, in reality, critisizing a heartfelt, free service that is somebody's HOBBY. It's pretty difficult when I see that people are disappointed or have hurt feelings. You don't deserve it. Your comic dosen't deserve it. I don't deserve it.

You also have to take into account who I am with this sort of thing. You know how old I am? 16. You know how much experience I've had writing? Two fancomics. Yeah, both were seen as good by a lot of people. I finished both of them! But keep in mind who I am. A regular teenage nerd who is squishy and can not do no wrong.

What I am trying to say is that people like your comic, and nothing I am going to say is going to change that. Do not stop trying. Take what I say into account, but don't obsess over it. Heck yeah, these reviews are subjective.

-Quin Azevedo
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2010-01-19 at 07:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm very sorry you feel that way. You pour your heart and soul into these comics and yet something that seems inferior gets a higher recommendation. We've all been there.

But you have to take into account the reason for such things sometimes. I recommend comics based on if any new people wander into the fancomic section and want to know which ones are unique and interesting to read. And wishing no offense to you, sir, your comic hasn't done a heck of a lot to distinguish itself.

Great artwork is great, and I suppose I should've covered it in my review. I apologize for not focusing more on it's positive traits during the comic. I suppose my strict formula of "first panel is witty introduction, second panel is review, thrid panel is critiquing, fourth panel contructive critisism, fifth panel recommendation and sixth panel weird score" is a bit too strict to allow side notes like the ones I'm writing down now. I could've gone on about how the presentation looks really nice and how the characters are pretty well done. I didn't because my complaints seem more important at the time.

However, Shards hasn't seemed to go anywhere from it. The story has been pretty forgettable so far. And a forgettable story is a pretty big complaint. Take Two also has a slow introduction where it doesn't seem like anything happens and he's just taking another random quest he doesn't care about, but I've seen this as a great way to introduce a memerable character and really develop him, and the fact that everything was turned upside down was pretty damn interesting. Yes, the presentation cripples it. But in my view if a story can make you forget about that then it's pretty powerful.

I suppose the artwork in your comic might have put me off. It is great art, don't get me wrong, but it made me expect something more. Perhaps it tainted your review. Take Two's art isn't the best it could be, and perhaps it made me pleasently surprised about it's content. Both of these culd have drastically changed the review, although I myself doubt it. You never know.

The point is, I don't think it's a bad comic. That's why I'm still giving it a chance to distinguish itself. I didn't not recommend it. SO if you just keep the great art and presentation keep going in the same direction and make an interesting story I can rememeber I will rate you higher then Take Two, which only does that latter.

*sigh* Being a critic is so difficult sometimes. At least for me. Real critics never actually get to see the results of what they critisize and can take comfot in the knowledge that their critisizing will not bring the huge multi-million dollar companies to tears. I cannot say that. I am, in reality, critisizing a heartfelt, free service that is somebody's HOBBY. It's pretty difficult when I see that people are disappointed or have hurt feelings. You don't deserve it. Your comic dosen't deserve it. I don't deserve it.

You also have to take into account who I am with this sort of thing. You know how old I am? 16. You know how much experience I've had writing? Two fancomics. Yeah, both were seen as good by a lot of people. I finished both of them! But keep in mind who I am. A regular teenage nerd who is squishy and can not do no wrong.

What I am trying to say is that people like your comic, and nothing I am going to say is going to change that. Do not stop trying. Take what I say into account, but don't obsess over it. Heck yeah, these reviews are subjective.

-Quin Azevedo
    Did... did you sign your name?

Ho-kay!