New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: World of Lothlorien IC

Tathar Elendil

After a long series of visits to townhouses and sneaking around following the man from the Hall Tathar and Apricot are finally pleased to follow him into the Drunken Boar

"Let's grab ourselves a seat close to him, see if he has anything further we may be interested in" Tathar says to his companion Apricot, and the two make the way into the pub, with grumbling tummies.

Making his way to his seat a little behind they Mayor, Tathar notices the stares of a lot of other patrons, I guess they like me as much as I like them...

Tathar orders some soup and a small loaf of bread for himself and Apricot and they begin to relax and take in the surrounding conversations.

"Jacob Stone, this town's secretary and financial caretaker" Tathar hears the Mayor say. hmm.. the town must be in some sort of financial trouble, I remember these two talking about it earlier today, though I only caught part of that conversation, perhaps this will provide me with more information...

Tathar glances over to the door where an elf sitting in the corner catches his eye. He smiles for the first time in a few days, Who would have thought, an Elf in this town!? Finally some companionship, I shall have to make friends with him later though, for now I must listen to this conversation and he goes back to listening and eating his soup.
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-03-05 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Colours etc :)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

Since ariving in the tavern and first taking a seat Amd slowly became more relaxed , at ease . Probably because of the long journey so far and from the fatigue that slowly started to set in . He watched the townsfolk come and go , easedropping on some of the conversations to entertain himself . Still , except for the dwarves and his companions he didn't hear or see anything out of place .

When two other humans enter and join the dwarf's human companion , Amd wakes up from that mellow state trying to hear what they are speking .

"Well i couldn't have picked a worse spot in this place to sit . I am curios about what they are saying because it is clear that theese aren't your average lumberjacks . I should try to get a little closer to them without raising suspicion ".

Shortly after the two humans , another half-elf entered the bar and took a seat next to the humans . From his position it was clear for Amd that this fellow was trying to easedrop on the conversation just like him .

" Ok . This bloke was just what i was waiting for . Even if he isn't here to listen to those 3 a little companionship wouldn't hurt. It's been a while since i had a conversation with a peer . I won't hold the fact that he is only half-elven against him".

Amd looks for a spot next to the half-elf but he doesn't find a free seat next to him .

"Hmm ... the tavern is full and even if it wasn't , i don't want to attract any unwanted attention . I'll just wait for those 3 to finish the conversation and for the tavern to clear and maybe go talk to him later . For now , i'm gonna enjoy a nice cup of tea ."
    Last edited by Enchanted; 2008-03-09 at 06:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

As the Tavern fills for the evening quarters become close and Tori becomes uneasy. Humans have never interested him much, sure he would have a chat with them or trade with them but that is the extent of it. As far as Tori was concerned humans were ignorant to their surroundings and only willing to increase personal stature, rather than helping kinsman.

Tori continues to drink is stouts in a methodical manner, watching patrons faces turner deeper shades of red with each passing drink. Out of the corner of his eye, Tori sees a young male, early twenties fall off of his stool. The bar keep calmly walks over and drags the lad out side and tells him to go home. This brings a roar of laughter from the remaining men.

Finishing is 4th of 5 stouts Tori glances over to his new found friend Smelkie. Being a halfling his little langs were dangling off the side of the chair. Ah little one im glad I met you, its good to have somebody to relate to when you are so very far from home.

With that thought Tori's mind begins to drift back to the days in the mountain where his clan forged weapons and armor for the fighting units. He longed to be deep with in the earth, being able to smell the damp air and touch the cold stone with your bare hand.

More laughter from the patrons brings Tori about from his daydream, he looks up to see grown men spilling stouts and slapping each others back like their isn't a care in the world. Tori smirks to himself and starts sipping on his last drink.

"So smelkie, tell me a bit about your self, the usual stuff. like where did you grow up and that sort?"

Conversation had always been difficult for Tori, dwarfs tended to isolate themselves from the world and thus communication starting was never a high priority. Having enough charm to get a mate was their only real concern.
    Last edited by shads; 2008-03-09 at 12:58 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

Sitting next to Tori, watching the dwarf drink like theres no tommorow, suddenly the taverndoor opens and two men come stepping in. The whole place quiets down as if people have something to fear from these men. Then one of the two speak up loudly that he aint here to report an incident... What kind of incident? What IS going on in this town... from the moment we arrived i found it a strange place, im eager to find out what is wrong. Hopefully my friend Stockard will know more after his chat with the mayor.

The mayor takes place next to Stockard, as does his companion, and the three start to talk. The place is too crowdy to hear what they are saying, but Smelkie does notice a half-elf eardropping the conversation and without any hesitation he jumps off his seat and start walking towards the half-elf.
    "Tori, please hold my seat will ya, i'll be back in a sec."

As Smelkie walks towards the half-elf he doesnt notice a free seat, but that doesnt stop an halfer. As he stands next to the half-elf he draws his attention. "Hello there, my name is Smelkie and i noticed you are interested in the same conversation as that i was, can you tell me more about what is going on? Thats on healthy looking badger there, what is his name.. and what is yours?"

After the chat with the half-elf Smelkie heads back to the table to sit next to Tori. As Tori asks him a question, Smelkie totally ignored it and tells Tori about the half-elf.

As Dirk passes by Smelkie stops him asking if he has a room available for him and his friends to stay the night.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

23rd of Leita in the year 1219, Early-evening, cloudy dusk, Cold, Average wind

The Drunken boar - Stockard

As you speak, the mayor's face seems to lighten up a bit. "Excellent! In that case I suggest we call your friends over right now and ask them." He looks over to the people sitting next to you and him and motions them to go away, again the people listen.
    He then stands up and walks over to Smelkie and Tori, "Would you two gentlemen please be so kind as to join me and your friend over there?", without waiting for an answer, he walks back and sits down.

If Smelkie and Tori join them, the mayor will first ask them the same question he asked Stockard; are they willing to help him and the town out?

The Drunken Boar - Smelkie

You pull Dirks sleeve as he walks by and he quickly turns around asking what you want. When you explain you want a room, Dirk's eyes light up, "Ofcourse I have a room available good sir! You and your two friends can share the guestroom for 7 silverpieces per night! For 3 more silverpieces I'll even throw in a bath!", he grins from ear to ear thinking of all the money you will get him.

6. - Top - End - #36

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

After a short think Smelkie replies to Dirk "Okay the guestroom sounds fine, but id rather not share a bath with my friends." Ive already seen Tori undress and id rather not see that ever again... Smelkie thinks to himself.

Then he sees the mayor stand up from across the table and heading their way. As the mayor asks to join them and Stockard, Smelkie gets all excited, jumps of his seat and heads over to the three. On his way over he summons Tori to follow "Come on slowpoke, lets see whats up"

As the 2 take a seat with the mayor he asks if they would be willing to help out the town, best thing theres also a financial reward.
    Hmmm i could use an adventure, as long as its nothing suicidal id be willing to help out.. If the reward is high enough we can even consider taking half in front and split.
    "COUNT ME IN!"
    Smelkie says all excited.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Quietly eating his soup Tathar's mind begins to wander and his focus on the conversation begins to dim, instead he notices other conversations around the room.

Yeah, still at the lumber mill, much better now the new boss has arrived..." "
    "...going to harborwood tomorrow, would you like to tag along?"
    "another round for the...."
    Tathar's trance is awakened by a Halfling standing to his left
    "Hello there, my name is Smelkie and i noticed you are interested in the same conversation as that i was, can you tell me more about what is going on? Thats on healthy looking badger there, what is his name.. and what is yours?" Asks the Halfling shortly.

"I am not sure what conversation you really mean, I was just curious as to who this man behind me was, afterall, his importance is easily noticed... Do you know anything more?
    Oh and I am Tathar Elendil, and this is my badger Apricot, SHE takes good care of me, and I of her, thankyou for the compliments."

"Something seems like it's going on at one of the lumber mills, I'm trying to find out a bit more but not much luck so far... anyway, seems like your friend wants you back, I'll see you around I guess..."

I Wonder what he wanted really.... how did he know I was interested in the conversation... oh well, best to be finding somewhere to stay tonight, getting a cool for the woods spot tonight...
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-03-12 at 02:45 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Tori looks up from his drink to see the mayor walking over to his and Smelkies asking for them to go to his table. Before a reply could be given the mayor returns to his seat. "lousy humans, so ruddy impatient and just never considerate towards others".

Quickly finishing his drink Tori shoulders his pack, kisses his axe for good luck and straps his fore arm into his shield. Following the scampering Smelkie over to hear what the mayor has to say.
    Last edited by shads; 2008-03-12 at 12:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

RedWizardGuy

23rd of Leita in the year 1219, Mid-evening, cloudy dusk, Cold, Average wind

The Drunken Boar - Stockard, Tori and Smelkie

The mayor's face lights up as Tori and Smelkie join the group. "Welcome to both of you!" He waits for everyone to get settled in, then he continues: "Ok guys, I'm not gonna beat around the bush. This town is in a spot of trouble and we need help from some capable folk to sort it out. Many a year ago I would have done this myself, but alas, now I am both too old and too important to the town to do so." he sighs for a moment, a sad look in his eyes..
    Looking up again, he goes on: "This is the situation, about 4 weeks ago the people here started hearing noises in the woods from time to time and from time to time one of the lumberjacks would report seeing a shape or a shadow somewhere in the woods.
    At first we assumed it was just the typical superstition that comes with this time of the year, but about a week ago Jamie Brenson, one of the 'jacks here, went missing. He had a morning shift, went into the woods very early and was never seen again."

The mayor takes a big gulp from his tankard, taking a moment to catch his breath. "The last week things have gotten increasingly more grim. We have had several occurences of people going out during dark or twilight hours and being attacked. Five days ago Richardson, our local priest of Ehlonna and an experienced woodsman, went into the woods to find out what was wrong. We have not heard of him since."

Mayor Honesall looks around to the three of you, he seems to be pondering about something. "So here's my request, I want the three of you, or more if you can find others to join, to go into the woods and find out who or what is causing all this. If you accept this mission, I will announce it right here to the townsfolk, so they know who you are and why you are here. That will ensure you some cooperation from them at least.
    Obviously there will also be some financial reward for this. If you make it back succesfully, either having resolved the situation yourself, or have the information plus evidence I would need to call in assistance from our neighbours, I will pay each of you sixty gold coins for getting the job done. What do you folks say?"

10. - Top - End - #40

HalflingRogueGuy

As the mayor starts explaining the situation Sallstaff is in Smelkie gets that feeling again he also had when he and Stockard entered the town. His feelings about this place just got confirmed.

I knew it, something is really wrong here. People venturing in the woods and not returning, thats not good. It makes Smelkie somewhat curious and he starts imagining what it can be that haunts the woods. Mhmm could it be a group of bandits or perhaps an evil monster or ...

Then the mayor mentiones a financial reward and Smelkie gets back to the conversation.

So, if we agree we all get 60 gold each and he will announce our reason for presence to the townsfolk. That'll make it some easier to get the trust of some people at least. Getting information and evidence is even enough to get that gold!
    But 60 goldcoins each makes alot, especially if we can even form a bigger party than three. There must be much more in the Town Hall.... shall i try and find a way in tonight, or is it better to wait and find out whats in the woods first.

Im up for the adventure thats for sure. Stockard wants to find the priest aparantly, so he will join too. I hope that Tori will tag along as well, despite his smell.... hes one tough bastard.

"So if i get this correct the people that went missing all went into the woods somewhere between dusk and dawn. What about those that were attacked, did they see what had attacked them. Did they have any scratches on them that may lead to what was the culprit?

Perhaps we can have a chat with one of them before we accept your offer to get more information on what we might face."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

The Mayor's news was terrible. The town had a huge problem on their hands and I have to help them out. After all Smelkie seems to want to come, and I don't see why the others wouldn't. I hope the money reward is inviting to the others, as for me, I want only enough to survive, and I'd probably give the rest back.

"Yes Mayor Honesall, we will help you. Smelkie had a decent idea about talking to those who have been attacked. If we can get any information regarding the attacks from them, it would be great, otherwise I'm ready to go straight into the woods and work on it."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

As the mayor talks about the villages problem, Tori thinks deeply about helping. After a moment he announces"I Tori will aid the village with its problems. "Grinning he leans over to shake the mayors had as a form of good faith and to seal the deal.

Whispering in the mayors ear "perhaps you can give me a more concrete description as to what i have to kill. "

I have no intention in running willy nilly around the bush at night risking my life if I dont have a semi decent idea what im trying to kill.

[ooc] sorry for the slow reply
    Last edited by shads; 2008-03-20 at 12:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

Tathar is somewhat puzzled by the sudden questions from the Halfling and so is surprised when he see's him invited to sit next to the Mayor.

Waiting around for the Inn keeper Tathar decides to have a bit more of a listen to the conversation behind him.

Upon hearing the mayor talk about the problems occuring in the wood a wry smile comes on Tathar's face
    A perfect chance to earn a bit of money and protect the woods at the same time, I can only think of one thing better than that.... He thinks to himself as his thoughts drift back to his love Nessa Ar-Feiniel.
    Saddened by these thoughts Tathar grumbles to Apricot "Oh Apricot, why couldn't I just tell her how I felt before I left, She would certainly have come along, and I could definately use some company around now..." and then, in a more upbeat tone, asks "What do you say, Join the party or go back to the woods?"
    Apricot looks up at Tathar and licks his hand as if to say "I'll always be with you, whatever you choose."

Noticing a break in the conversation behind him Tathar spins around and interjects "Excuse me Gentlemen, I couldn't help overhearing your conversation. There is trouble in the woods I understand and perhaps an Elf, or in my case, Half-Elf, may be able to offer some valuable assistance in the matter. Would you consider my application to join your group and seek out the answers to this mystery?"
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-03-29 at 10:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

RedWizardGuy

23rd of Leita in the year 1219, Late evening, cloudy night, Cold, Average wind

The Drunken Boar - Tori, Smelkie, Tathar and Stockard

When the half-elf suddenly joins the conversation, the mayor doesn't seem all that surprised. "While naturally the final answer on this cooperation lies with them. From my side, I have no problems with it. The more people helping out, the better." The mayor pulls out a seat from a near table and puts it next to him, "Please, take a seat good man, might I ask what name you carry and what skill set you possess?"

After Tathar has responded, the mayor once again turns his attention to all four of you. "Your idea is a good one, halfling, but unfortunately all those who were attacked in some way and survived don't remember much, it was usually dark and they were running away from whatever it was. Feel free to talk to them however."
    Looking at Tori, he continues "I wish I could, sir dwarf. But as I just explained to your friend, nobody has really seen anything yet, so we don't know what it is right now, could be anything really."

At this point, the mayor stands up and makes a shushing gesture with his hands. The room almost immediately goes quiet as at least 3 dozen pairs of eyes are aimed in his direction. "Listen up folks! These four heroes have agreed to help solve our current problems! I expect all of you to treat them with respect and help them in whatever way is necessary! Maybe soon we will finally be able to find out what happened to those we lost!" When the mayor finishes, a loud cheer erupts from the crowd and some people even walk over to give you guys a pat on the back or to express their thanks.

[
    OOC: Ok guys, you have your assignment, now its up to you guys :P
    PS: All of you feel like the mayor has told the truth.
    PSPS: Mike, feel free to take advantage of this opportunity ;)
    ]
    Last edited by Wiz828; 2008-04-11 at 03:12 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

After observing for a while the movements inside the tavern and hearing the mayour's announcement , Amd is slowly waking up from his numbness .

Well now , seems this town is in a little bit of trouble and this bunch will be trying to solve their predicament . Might as well offer my help . There probably is some sort of reward and my pockets aren't what you might call heavy . Plus , i just might be able to help theese 4 out not to get killed in the process ...

Getting up from his chair and taking his staff and backpack he walks twards the mayour's table . He clears his trhoat to get everyone's attention and says :

"Greetings gentlemen ! My name is Amd Minyatur , I am a traveller through theese parts . I hope i am not intruding . I was wondering if I may be of assistance to you . I couldn't help overheering what was said earlier and i thought i might be able to make your quest easier . Strenght comes in numbers after all ..."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Tori Soulforge

Tori looks around the room, some mens faces are shock, some hope, some sadness and others respect. Over all the towns people are accepting of the newly formed group of 'heroes'.

With the group being set and the half elf getting to know the other two members of the group he steps out side.

Seeing a small bench he walks over to he sitting down he is relieved to be alone and away from all the people crammed inside the bar

Rummaging through is pack he produces a pipe, tobacco and flint. Promptly lighting it he begins to puff thoughtful while blowing smoke rings into the air

The night is still early and it seems that Tori and his group will be up for another few hours and nobody knows whats going to happen during that time if anything happens at all.

I wonder what kind of beds this Inn has, I hope the halfling got a nice room.

As time goes buy Tori continues to puff his pipe while waiting for the rest of his group to join him outside

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

"Let me welcome you to our little group of adventurers Amd. I would assume no one else has a problem with you coming, as I personally would prefer an extra party member. However, now that we know the task at hand, I would like to get started on it as soon as I can. I won't be at ease until I know Mr. Richardson is safe again. As I would love to get acquainted, I'm sure there will be time for that in the woods tomorrow. Tonight I will sleep in my room and plan to be up early tomorrow to begin our search. If you all plan to enjoy yourselves in the inn, just make sure you don't enjoy too much [like Bricksie :) ]. Good night my new friends. "

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Tathar Elendil

"Greetings to you also Mayor, My name is Tathar Elendil and this is my companion Apricot.
    I carry a number of skills, I am a druid by nature and as such provide valuable healing to other people in times they need it most. I am also extremely knowledgeable in things of Nature.
    I believe these skills will be of great asset to our little party here."
    Tathar smirks as he looks at the faces of the other people in the room.

"I must also bid you goodnight, I shall rest tonight in the forest, I will see you tomorrow morning, at 8am, Rain or shine." And with that Tathar and Apricot make off to the woods for the night.
    Last edited by IanPlatypus; 2008-04-12 at 05:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

HalflingRogueGuy

Smelkie Greenhopper

well well well, this party is getting shaped more and more. This is bad for my reward though... the loot has to be divided into more portions if more people join. Although i dont wanna get killed in the woods by what- or whoever roams there.

"I think we have a good party at hand now, but i believe we should keep it at this size. We will attract too much attention when we venture into the woods in a bigger party. Perhaps this is even too big... I'll go to our room and sleep some now. Its gonna be an early morning tommorow. Lets think of the best approach on searching whatever lurks in the woods all, so we do have some sort of plan when we wake.

Dirk can you please show us the guest room?"

Hmmm i wonder if i should pay in advance or not...

Somewhat hoping that the room will be free, since they're helping the townsfolk plus the mayor mentionned that they should be helped in any way possible, Smelkie doesnt mention paying for the room.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Amd Minyatur

"Well then it's settled . Nice to meet you all . I trust we will see each other bright and early next moring ."

Having said that Amd turns around goes to the innkeeper and pays for a room . Not saying anything he waits for his key . After getting the key he heads for his room upstairs and while climbing the stairs he sais a brief goodnight .

Ok Amd . The room should better be worth that coin . You need to rest . Whoo knows when you will be able to get a good night's sleep again...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Stockard

Stockard is uneasy for hours in his room. This has definitely been a lot to take in all at once. From living a quite disciplined life in the monastery to going out adventuring was quite a change. It seems almost fate that we ended up here, this adventure just seemed to fall into the hands of the lot of us. But oh is it exciting! My whole life I've been cooped up though I knew there were things out there I was missing out on. We must be careful. I am worried that I will underestimate the woods. There must be something fairly dangerous in there. Tathar would be a good person to get to know, not to mention he must know what he is doing in the woods.

With that thought in mind, Stockard gets up and sneaks out to the woods to find Tathar. He had been in his room for some time, as the inn seems to be less busy. Stockard stops at the bar and as politely as possible asks to have someone wake him up by 7 AM if he is not been seen downstairs yet. Finding his way outside Stockard decides his best chances are to walk the border of the woods. It wouldn't be the best idea to go exploring in the dark. If he is nearby, I could try calling his name and hope he hears. The more I think about this, the more I realize what a bad idea this is. I just wanted to know what Tathar knew about these woods. I wouldn't mind seeing where he is from, he does seem like an interesting character, having lived in the woods for how long with that badger. We must have such different perspectives on things. Where my life has been structured and maintained, he was given freedom.

Deep in thought, Stockard has not stayed as true to his plan as he had intended. He had wondered into the woods. Though he couldn't have been too far in, he decided to begin calling out to see if he could find Tathar. Stockard guessed as to which way would lead him in a relative circle around the town, figuring Tathar wouldn't be too far outside town if he had planned to be back early tomorrow. Still motivated to try to get some sleep, Stockard decides another hour or so of looking will be thorough. If he cannot find or wake up Tathar by then, he will return to his room and wait for the morning, hopefully sleeping as sound as possible.