New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

H

He seems thoughtful for a few moments.

"Well, I don't mind. It seems that I'd have less trouble if I let you in rather than kick you out. If you can reinforce this rock and the tower, then we don't have to fear obliterating doom perhaps."

As she goes nevertheless inside the rock and builds, H simply follows her down into it until he reaches her den.

"So you want some of my people then? Does that mean you can't have your own somehow? Is it because of the sacrifice you made to get that power?" He smiles slightly and nods his head. "I figured as much. Good thing someone here knows reason, right?"

H closes his eyes slightly, crossing his arms.

"I have 15 luminati divided in two castes. 5 of them are citizens, and 10 of them are strong protectors of the light. I doubt you'd like the unyielding types, but then, you can take the weaker citizens and change them to a desired outcome. A bit of divine power should be enough to change them, they're not particularly resilient."

H smiles, quite pleased with himself.

"But then, you need to fulfill the end of your bargain, 'sister'. I'd like you to use those powers of yours to help our people prosper. They need a shield, and until I acquire powers like yours, you'll have to fill in the job."

He smirks. He then leaves and calls for the 5 luminati citizens. Almost only shells, devoid of the faith and power of those he called "Paladins" of his.

"My dearest beings. My sister has decided to take charge of you. She will take good care of her children, so there is no need to be afraid. Go below, she is waiting." (1 WP to convince them of the truth of those words)

Then he climbs up the tower and mends the broken shards of the crystal, replacing the missing ones by simply making the crystal slightly rounder in shape, similar to a globe, and as he does so, some power returns to it. It seems capable of lighting up the night around 2 km from its spot. (1 WP)
    A Revenant

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg creates another 10 horses (2wp recently) and learns from the hobgoblins and others how to smelt and shape metal. He then helps create a few forges with his own hands and the few strong amazons to help speed up the process.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Szilardasaur uses a god point to make 10 steriotypical humanoids, and uses a divine point to enhance them in his image (A tall human with Deinonychus legs). He also uses a worship point to create some triceratops for the Dinomen to feast on.
    (Used a god point, a divine point, and a worship point. That leaves one god point, four divine, and 9 worship right?)
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

There was thunder in the air that night. Somewhere, on a patch of empty land, neutral territory, ___ appeared in his usual form of the old scribe. He checked his scroll.

"Not long now..." he mumbled.

The air shimmered, and Noth appeared. He had been posing as a bush, but it had been rather obvious, what with the land around here being completely empty and such.

"You're early"

"I always am. It's good to have a head start on things"

"I agree" the scribe said, tapping his scroll.

"Emrys coming too, or did you betray him?"
    Noth laughed.

"No, he'll be here soon enough. I am the god of language. I tell people stuff. Or gods. No secrets here"

"I see"

"I picked out some nice neutral territory too. There's not much left. This'll probably all be inhabited soon enough"

"It reflects you nicely. I guess this place is, in a way, yours. You're the neutral god. the one without a people. Or is that just a show?"

The scribe smiled. "No show. Someone has to be neutral. It's a hard job, but we can't all be backstabbing bastards, powerhungry war gods or holier-than-thou gods"

Noth nodded. Maybe he agreed, maybe he just thought ___ would like him better if he pretended too. All they had to do now was wait for Emrys.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Forming out of the mud itself, Emrys then stood there in his lizardform, before slowly turning to his human. Nodding at Noth, he put on a small smile at the two gods, and then crossed his arms. Waiting for things to begin, he let the ones with the pearl's start.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Two Nothans appeared out of nowhere. One was the disciple of ___, the other simply a follower of Noth. The follower of Noth was carrying Noth's pearl, but ___ had his own pearl. He gave it to the disciple. Both Nothans stood waiting for what came next.

The three gods each stood between the two pearls, and at the same time reached out and touched both.

((Now, we play the waiting game. C'mon, Demonking! ))

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(hope he gets on soon)

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Szilardasaur, uses another divine oint to give the dinomen tails.
    Nothing much happening, other than dinomen eating the triceratops as if they were cattle.
    ___ can teach races languages right?

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

I smiles.

"That is quite agreeable. I'm not surprised you would spend all your energy and power on getting some creatures. You always liked them, didn't you?"

She stops as if remembering an old habit.

"But I thank you nonetheless."

She looks down, giving out a little sigh of dismay and turning towards the glaring Luminati. She whispers under her breath.

"Gosh I hate speeches..."

She lets her shadow crawl towards them.

"Dear creatures, do not be afraid, I will lead you into the peaceful realm of night, I have built much for you already, come in and inhabit these new homes..." (1 DP)

And with that, the luminati seem to dim a little, as they take the form and appearence of their new Deity.

I smiles and turns towards H.

"Well, I don't suppose you'll mind me changing their names... I mean, Luminati will hardly be a fitting name anymore... I'm feeling a little poetic, H."

She seems to gaze out onto the structures of light for a moment.

"It seems we're much like the moon and the sun, one lives in light, the other in darkness... But seeing as I'm impeding on you 'brother', much like a moon eclipse the sun, I shall call the people The Obscurati as a reminder of how they were once beings of Light which were... obscured."

"Oh and those stairs? They have to go."(Spell is Screen)

And on those words she lets some of her shadow drip towards the stairs. The shadow almost resembling black ink drip down the stairs engulfing them in darkness until they become no more. The last drip coming out of I's shadow crawls wearily towards H, but is quickly engulfed by the light.

"Of course, you can still see the stairs H, because I've given you some of my shadow, but anyone else who doesn't possess the spell now sees nothing but rock..."

She smiles and forgets how blinding H looks, before averting her eyes.

"Well, I believe we are done for now 'brother' but you know where to find me. But for now, if you will excuse me, I shall go check on my Obscurati"

I turns around and slips down the tunnel becoming one with the darkness.

(1 DP to convert the Luminati)
    Last edited by Little Toe; 2008-02-24 at 05:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Because of Szilardasaur's knoledge in science, he made sure to use as little poser to accomplish a lot of things, and most cocaquences have been thought of. As the dinomen eat the protien rich meat, their offspring will grow smarter, and they shall learn of things themselves, and worship the monolith.
    Szilardasaur plops a monolith 450 feet high, 200 feet long, and 50 feet wide.
    (1 GP for the monolith, and 1 worship point for 5 more dinomen who should be smarter, smart enough to build and settle the land.)

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

11. - Top - End - #251

H

H looks at the stairs that snake down the mountain. He asks one of his 10 remaining Luminati whether he could see any stairs, and the being of light simply said he couldn't.

"A good spell, sister." And he turns to his Luminati, sitting down next to them and teaching them about the light and its composition.

Then, he asks one of them to follow him a small way on the flank of the mountain. There he shows them the stone that they could use to build. Then taking some of the stone, he brought it back with this same follower, to the white tower. He leaves them tools and then shows them how to sculpt the rock with them. (1 WP)

Then he simply demonstrates by inserting a concave reflecting glass in sculpted rock, and the light shone bright onto its target, harsh... burning.

"You shall build those same devices and use the glasses you found in the tower. With those, you will repel any of the races that attempts to reach you without my permission."

He pauses, then sighs slightly, crossing his arms.

"If it is a god, then pray to me and I in your minds. We shall come then."
    A Revenant

12. - Top - End - #252
    Pixie in the Playground

The Obscurati

Their skin is pale and their hair dark as night. Their eyes are what shows their individuality and perhaps a past of being bathed in light. They can read and write, something they seem to have been able to do for a while now. They seem to be peaceful beings which dwell underneath the Luminati. They are all one and the same but their beliefs have shifted. The Luminati and the Obscurati trade goods and have a relationship of helping each other.

------
    "A good Spell sister"

Looking back over her shoulder.

"Why thank you, I was rather hoping you'd like it."

I walks down into the tunnels, in one of the very last rooms, she finds the humid conditions perfect for her plan and after a few incantations soil seems to seep through the rock and moss begins to form and invade long rustic shelves. An Obscurati enters the room in an inquisitive manner.

I does not look at him and no words are spoken. Her shadow teaches him how to grow and harvest the nutritious black truffles that will grow from the spores in the room . (1 WP)

Although nutritious I feels it beneficial to give her people the ability to live without needing much food. A few candles flicker as she concentrates her power in a whispered ritual. (1 DP)

I resurfaces from her new 'city' and is greeted by a blinding sun. Finding a spot of shade she summons the Luminati. As they gather around her, the shade flickers as she whispers the same incantation.

"Luminati, I have granted you the ability to never feel hunger as bread crumbs will fill you and drops of water will rehydrate you. That is all, you may tell your dear H of my gift to you, I'm sure he will be pleased."
    (1 DP)
    Last edited by Little Toe; 2008-02-24 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Adding a few things :s

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon looked upon the completed structure approvingly. it was a sturdy building, carved out of local white stone. Balthazons sigil, the shield with an ear of wheat emblazoned upon it, was carved in relief in all four sides of the building, and on the front, directly above the main gate. she smiled in approval "good work. now, i have new orders for you." she spread out a scroll on the floor, and the leaders of her tribe gathered round to see their gods plans.

the scroll was a map "the richest deposits of iron are located here" she pointed to a location on her map of the area "and here." she pointed again "send teams there to aquire the iron, constructing watchtowers to act as supply rooms and to guard the mines. send it back here daily for processing into weapons, tools, armor, and other objects." she then pointed to a third location "this is the greatest outcropping of stone. create a quarry here, this time with two watchtowers, and send the stone back here again. use the stone to build houses and workshops, as well as whatever other buildings you need."

she pointed at a herd of the antelope beasts being tended by a shepherd "They are fine as a food source and as beasts of burden, but you must prepare a second type to use as beasts of war. Breed the largest and strongest together, and their children will be large and strong. breed those with the largest, sharpest horns together, and their children will have large sharp horns." she smiled "when they are suitable to carry you into battle, begin to make armor for them, and blades to mount on their horns." the god then looked at the wheat fields "begin to cultivate more wheat, and store the excess within granaries, constructed out of stone."

she got up and dusted off her gauntleted hands "now, keep people on a rotating schedule so they don't get bored. and be sure to send them to me for at least a week for combat training in the main courtyard. oh, and have some dummy weapons carved out of wood." she smiled, pleased at how the organization of her tribe was going.

(ok, do i need to spend any points on any of that? also, how long will it take for:
    Iron to start being smithed
    War antelopes to be bred
    Stone to start being quarried
    Grain to start being stored
    Combat training to take effect
    and buildings outside the temple to be constructed?)
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Szilardasaur starts to opperate the monolith and make it flash brilliant light that reaches into the subconciousnes of the dinomen's brains (All fifteen of them) and teaches them how to do simple things like tie knots and drink blood to quench thirst. All this learning probably costs one divine point.
    After the lightshow, some dinomen start builing a hut using the triceratops' hide and bones. They also use some bones to make their first weapons.
    (That was all one divine point leaving me with 0 Gp, 2 DP, and 8 WP)

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Szilard is wise.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(we'll say two days)

(Mwa ha ha, mwa ha ha. You did it. Mwa ha ha.)

It took a long time as the white crystal started to look like the god's plane and the black looked like the world. Then thay cracked as a rush of power entered the two gods.

You can take a plane point or a god point.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    (we'll say two days)

(Mwa ha ha, mwa ha ha. You did it. Mwa ha ha.)

It took a long time as the white crystal started to look like the god's plane and the black looked like the world. Then thay cracked as a rush of power entered the two gods.

You can take a plane point or a god point.
    Two questions. Or, well, one question and one remark.
    The remark: There's three gods.
    The question: what's a plane point? Do you mean a plain point, as in a Divine point or maybe a worship point, or is there actually a new kind of point out there called plane point? If there is, what does it do? And if you're not going to tell us unless we take it, I'll do as such.

17. - Top - End - #257

H

He looks down into the plains. Something felt... shifted, in the balance of things. He looks at this 10 Luminati and wonders. Returning to help them prepare their defensive weapons.

----

It took a long time as the white crystal started to look like the god's plane and the black looked like the world
    I think it just means that the plane point will allow you to spend it on the god's plane itself as it is issued from the white crystal. No idea how strong its power is though.
    A Revenant

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(same as Nigma)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

A rush of power entered the third god.

(Its a new type of point and I'm not saying what it does.)

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(I take the plane point then)

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantReaper View Post
    (I take the plane point then)
    Idem. That is to say, I take the plane point as well, and I assume so does Noth. He could decide for himself, but he said he wouldn't be on for a while.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

OoC: So, all that stuff i said in my last post has come to fruition now, yes?
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(yes)

You may of noticed several red imps come from nowhere and started to populate an area.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-02-28 at 11:01 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Magnificent, imps!
    Could you now tell us what we can use our newly acquired plane point for? Please?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Excellent, things are going smoothly. Now, we must progress." Balthazon gathered around the leaders of her community "I don't trust those imps, but don't instigate an attack. all the settlements must be reinforced into fortresses for the protection of the workers. Smith bells to use as alarms. Oh, and get the smiths to work on making the iron more resilient. I forsee that your strength may make weapons blunt and break very rapidly." she paused for a bit, wondering if she could use her powers to create some magical metal into one of the iron mines or stone outcrops.

(yeah, how many points would it take to create a supply of adamantine or similar?)

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(It would cost 2wp.)

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    Magnificent, imps!
    Could you now tell us what we can use our newly acquired plane point for? Please?
    Pretty please?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(It can do anything any other point can do only more powerful and with a side effect.)

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maaru

((Do we have some sort of map for the earth that I can use? If so, I'll edit this post. Also, if anyone else objects to my use of brown as a text colour, feel free to says so and I shall make according changes.))

After a long slumber, the Earth god known only as Maaru Rose out of a column of earth in a previously undiscovered continent on the far side of the world.

"For long years my I have slumbered,
    Now I hope my People's days are not numbered.
    "
    He intoned in a prophetic voice, all the while gathereing Primordial Earth in hishands and molding it into various size rock-looking things. He then places the rocks a short distance from each other, one smooth shiny pebble as the head, a tough brownstone for the body, four rocks four the hands and feet, each in various shapes, and two small semi-precious rocks around the head. Then he naimated ten of these arrangements, giving them sentience. They stand on all four of their hands/feet, with their body hovering above those limbs, and their head hovering above that, and both "satellite" semi-precious stones orbit around the head in lazy circles. ((Creating ten of a sentient race for 1 god point.))

As he saw his newly formed creations he rejoiced, and he spoke again: "Go forth, my children and multiply,
    But at every morning to my call reply!
    Speak my name in honoured tones,
    And I shall grant the strangth of the Earth's bones!
    "

In saying this he wove the twofold enchantement to grant them mighty gifts twain: That may need no subsistence except the rythms of the earth itself, and that they may pass through earth (Not stone, nor metal.) as if it was water. ((How many points for that?))

And then, he returned back down into his room in the castle of the gods, to renew his slumber, but with an open and inviting door. ((I'll talk to any god who wants to talk to me.))
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

30. - Top - End - #270

This game still on? or is this the new one?