New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Gods in emptiness-The world

The mound of earth moves around the sole star, it gets heated by the sun.

That's all their is, for now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

Emrys looked down on the ball of dirt, and glanced at the sun. Sighing to himself he decided that he would be the first to alter this giant ball of clay. Closeing his eyes, he was suddenly on the world, and started to walk around searching for the right place to begin. After what seemed like three hours of walking for him, he stopped and nooded to himself.

Haveing his hand's points to the earth, he grasped the air before pulling his hands up. As he did so the earth rose beneath him in jagged peaks and also plautoes. Rising on the highest peak, balanced perfectly, he looked around at the thing he has just created. He was 6,000 feet above the dirt world's surface, and looking towards the north he saw the range go on for 40 miles, before turning in a arc to the east to form something like a C. The range continued to go to the east before stopping after 35 miles longer.

With a smile and a snap of his fingers he was suddenly back in the castle.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

As Noth searched the castle a little part of him, let's call it his divine instincts, felt the urge, the need, to create. A god without followers was as incomplete as a human without arms.

Out in the world energy started buzzing the ground opened up to give birth to ten figures born from its soil. As they reached the surface and looked around they realized they all looked completely different from each other. Three were humanoids with colors ranging from brown to bright green and sometimes ridiculous amounts of arms. The others were either monster- or animal-like, one more unlikely then the next.

One of the humanoids looked at a turtle-like being next to him and envied his protective shell. Suddenly he could feel a similar shell placed on his own back. And so they realized, they weren't confined to any single shaped.
    As they still communicated more instinctively then vocally they all realized it without need for words and started to experiment.

The Nothans had been born.

(Demonking: I realize you said simple shapeshifting so if you want to they could loose their ability to transform into non-humanoids. (Let's say their forms stabilized or something, I just wanted a nice first post about them :)
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xankul looks at the newly formed mountain and decides creates random tunnels into the mountains a. He also creates Hobgoblins to populate the tunnels. He also makes tunnel fungus grow in the tunnels, and creates some iron(Not sure how much, or if i can).

(That was my God Point, and i think 2 divine point?Also do we have to teach out race anything or do they already know like language and stuff)
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-17 at 09:51 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(Yeah say they stabilized. You can say they already know.)
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-02-17 at 10:39 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Xankul somehow appears on the world.
    He looks for the tunnels in the mountains and goes in.
    As he looks inside he sees the hobgoblins.
    He creates a Codice(Like the Xankul Bible!!! ) and drops it in with instructions on how to, Mine, Make fire, Create ink, and how to handle animals.
    I also create a minature forest of saplings, and create some 10 worgs to habit the mountain with the hobgoblins.

[3divine points(1 for Forest, and 2 for Worgs) Codice is free

btw its a huge codice its like 60 cm length and 25 cm width. and is black with a skull in the middle and the book is made of steel.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-17 at 11:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Wh'le appears from somewhere, and looks around. It goes to the top of the clouds and begins to create two creatures, a pair of large dragons. They appear almost nonexistent, yet they are there. These are Air Dragons, fully matured. Wh'le gives them the ability to use magic, though not much or very powerful. They are then set free to do as they wish, and Whale vanishes.

8. - Top - End - #8

Xankul appears on the highest peak of the Mountain and yells "HELLO!!" to the dragons.

9. - Top - End - #9

Xankul appears on the highest peak of the Mountain and yells "HELLO!!" to the dragons.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the newborn shapeshifters suddenly heard a voice. Even though he did not possess a language yet, he could understand everthing this voice was saying. It spoke to him. It told him he was the one who would teach his people to speak, and imbued him with the power to teach them. Work would have to be put into learning this language by all, sure, but it would be learnt.

This shapeshifter would become a disciple of ___. A chosen one, granted powers stronger than those of his peers. The power of convincing speech, rhetoric.

But he was not the only one. High up in the mountains, where a sole hobgoblin was attempting to make sense of a book dropped by his cruel deity in vein, the voices appeared as well.

"Do you wish to be able to read the holy command of your god, little one? Ah, no, I suppose you do not even know what a god is. This book probably means nothing to you. Beyond basic insticts, you understand nothing. But I will change that. I will give you the ability to read, the ability to write, and the ability to teach others these skills. As you read this book, know that it might contain lies. But also know that you can learn something even by reading lies. Now go, disciple, and spread the written word"

Two disciples, two races. The god of language did not want much. He wanted to help, merely, to spread this wonderful gift. His disciples would gain followers, and even those who did not follow would learn their ways, the gift they had been given. No-one could deny the strenght of language. ___ did not wish to lead these creatures, he wished to teach them, and for at least a small part of them to honour language.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Cryn looks at the mud ball. The mountains while interesting are not his to play with. Reaching out a silver bolt strikes the ball of mud making a crater lined with silver. In the center a large stone stands, written on it is a simple spell of magic. (I don't know how many points i use to do this, or if I can.)

12. - Top - End - #12

13. - Top - End - #13

The two dragons begin circling around Xankul, and begin to speak telepathically to him. One is a female and the other a male. (Lighter speech is female)
    Hello,
    We are Dragons of air
    Created by the God of Air,
    Wh'le. We can speak
    Telepathically and use magic.
    We have no wish to harm any
    Creatures of the Earth
    And, if anything, we wish to
    Protect them.
    And who
    Are you?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nosferatu

A hooded figure appears several miles from the mountains, gazing at the other beings that are appearing.

Interesting, it appears I am not the only one...

With that the figure disappears, moving hundreds of miles away from the mountains. As it reappears it floats closer to the earth.

It is here that I shall begin.

With that single thought, the area below the figure changes instantly. Before where there was only earth there is now a forest of black trees.

Excellent, and now for some worshipers.

Again the world changes to that single thought. In the trees figures begin to appear, walking out of the forest into the opening.

Floating down to the earth, Nosferatu appears in front of these new begins.

"Greetings my creations." A voice flows out across the area and into each of the beings sensory organs, filling each with a feeling of wonder and awe as they gaze upon the hooded figure. "I am Nosferatu, your creator. You are my children, the Vanhilia. I have made you this land before you as your home," With that Nosferatu sweeps its hand to display the Black Forest to all of the Vanhilias. "In it you shall find all you need to prosper as a people." Suddenly there is a shimmering amongst the trees of the Black Forest as Nosferatu sweeps its hand across it. "Each of those objects, trees, shall produce a different substance for you to use in order to build your homes. The lighter ones, their coloring is called Gray, produce a hard durable substance called stone. Some shall produce a light weight brownish color substance called wood. And still others shall produce a dark substance much like the color of your skin. This is what you shall use to continue living." The hooded figure turns to view its creations, its children. "I shall leave you with two gifts. The first, shall be theses." With a flick of its wrist, Nosferatu creates a shimmering field across all the Vanhilias. As soon as the field disappears, the Vanhilias find skeletons, ghouls and other undead creatures beside each Vanhilias. "These are your souls, the essences of your being. They shall be used to communicate amongst each of you." Some of the Vanhilias have a look of shock on their faces, but all still remain staring at Nosferatu. "My second gift is this." As those words enter the minds of the Vanhilias, a large Black skull enters each of the Vanhilias hands. "Use this to pray, and communicate with me. If I find your wishes worthy, I shall respond. I bid you farewell." With that the figure disappears leaving the Vanhilias to their own devices.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a terrible thunder in the air, the wrath of a god. The wind begins to howl terribly, high up in the mountains mountain, troubling the noble dragons. A voice calls for them, booming from the sky:
    "Dragons, you have displeased me. So early in creation, and already you manage to attract the wrath of the gods. But you are in luck. I am a kind god, a benevolent god, and I shall forgive you, for you did not realise you had made offence. All that I ask of you, is never to use your telepathy again. It is not a high demand. If you were to break this first commandement, your species will be smite down with thunder from the heavens, and no dragon will ever come into creation again. Heed my words, dragons, and prosper"
    As the speech ends, so does the howling of the wind and the thunder. All is calm, once more.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

16. - Top - End - #16

MindFlayer

As Noth suddenly appeared in front of his people he assumed the shape most natural to him, the ever changing one, always shifting from one form to the next.

"Nothons" He said to get their attention. Their eyes turned to him, most of them had stabilized in a humanoid shape by now although no one looked like the others. "I am Noth, your creator and guardian. I have already given you the gift of shifting to avoid being stuck in one form like the others"

"There are others?" One of them asked and his peers whispered in the background. Noth was pleased that the gift of speech had already spread among them.

"Yes, there are others. Other gods beside me and other mortals beside you" He paused for a second to see their reaction and noticed that the news caused several of them to change appearance, probably due to nervousness.

"They pose no present threat to us but we can not know for certain that things will remain like that. Thus, I have a plan for you, my children"

Noth focused, for the first time using his divine powers consciously, and invoked the power within him before he turned it against his followers.
    They changed back to their original earth form for a moment before regaining their shapes along with a new ability.

"There" Noth said, feeling that he was physically exhausted "Now you can create images out of thin air, true enough to fool anyone but one of your own"

The Nothans were quick learners and immediately started to test their abilities, creating illusionary duplicates of each other and other things around them. Noth smiled, pleased that they learned so fast. He would allow them to practice a little more before revealing his plan.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys appeared on the earth around fifty miles away from the most southern tip of the mountains. Looking around he decided that this spot would be worthy. Changing his form to that of a Giant lizardman 24 feet tall, he stuck his hand into earth and pulled out an egg. Muttering over the egg it split, and he let it drop to the earth. Out of it there was a giant shockwave, as suddenly marshland sprung up with area of water and ground. It was the size of a small city. Smiling a giant toothy grin, Emrys picked up a mound of dirt, and in an instant put it into the form of 10 lizardfolk. Dipping his hand into the water, he poured it onto them, and they sprang to life, shakeing off the dirt. Looking up at him, he spoke to them in Draconic, and gave them the power to understand him, but not speak it themselves.

"I am your creator, I am your god, I am Dracul."

With this he saw his people bow before him. Smiling, he then pointed at the lead one, and motioned him to stand.

"You shall be the chosen one to lead our people. Remember that to be great, we must be superior to all."

With that Emrys, walked into the water and submerged himself beneth it, before going back to the castle.

18. - Top - End - #18

The dragons stop circling Xankul, and begin talking to eachother.

It would appear we have angered some god.
    But which one?
    Likely a god of the spoken word.
    Quite possibly, though if so, I feel he overreacted.
    Well, we can't please everyone, though it might by a good idea to do as he says.
    It would seem that way.

They resume awaiting a response from Xankul.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon manifested in the world, looking around at the plain muddy area she had chosen to appear in. She extended one hand and swept it through the air, lush grass rising in a swath across the landscape as her hand moved. she sighed, sensing that this would be the only effect she would be able to make on the world for a while. she needed to set up a proper area for her new race, one with lakes for water, game and crops for food, wood and stone for buildings and fires, clay for pottery... there was so much to think about. She withdrew back to the castle, planning her new area in her mind.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

During the dreary night upon their creation, one of the Lizardmen was visited in the marsh by voices, that seemed to come from nowhere. The lizardmen pained his brain to understand this, but he could not. The message these voices brought, however, was all too clear: he had been chosen as a disciple for the god ___. He would have the task of spreading the knowledge of Draconian to the rest of his people, a gift brought to him by this god, but perhaps also a burden. The work would pay off though, and his people would be able to speak.

The god ___ also told him of an alliance of the gods. It seemed ___ and the god that had created the lizardmen were friends, and both should be worshipped, not just one of them. Off course, more honour was due to their creator, but ___ should not be forgotten either.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garal didn't have to search long to find where he would make his grove. He stood where he wanted the centre to be, about five kilometres (three miles) in front of him the ground began to to rise to wards the sky. It only rose one kilometres up then it began to spread out in a curve always staying the same distance from where Garal stood.

The mountains once three quarters of the way to be a full circle they began to slope to wards the ground until they were level with it only 100 metres from touching. Along the outside the slope was steep and dangerous, while the inner slopes were gentle and safe. Garal studied the barren area, he walked to the top of the mountain range saying, "You are the Crescent Mountains let all know you're name."

From his vantage point he began to will vegetation of all kinds into existence, grasses, trees, shrubs, the mountains were soon covered in pines, and any other hardy trees one could think of, the flat space in the middle was covered with short grasses and maples and ashes and poplar. Tiny shrubs were everywhere.

With that Garal spread his arms and a lake that covered about 20 squared kilometres grew out of the spot he stood when he made the mountains, at it's deepest it was 30 metres down and at it's shallowest it sloped gently up to shore. Next a river, about 20 metres across sprang up beneath Garals feet and crawled its way down the mountain into the lake and out the entrance to the grove cutting it in half.

Now at the base of the mountain he created five figures formed out of the mountain's stone. Two males and three females none more than four feet tall. "You are my children, the children of nature and stone, you are Gnomes," Garal spoke. One by one he laid a hand on each, "You are now one with nature," He smiled, "You may drink form the water here from this river, and eat from the fruit of the trees." He laid a hand on the nearest tree and suddenly all the trees in the grove and many of the bushed now bore fruits and berries. "I will not be gone long my children. You can find shelter in the caves of the mountain." With that Garal was back in the God's Castle.
    This post courtesy of you local Happy Happyist. Blue, blue!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Appearing under water, Dracul looked about. Noticing that his people would need food, he cupped his hand and closed in into a fist. Opening it suddenly there were 70 fish that flew out of it, going every which way. Seeing this, he knew that some of the fish would probably be eaten tomorrow, but that many would continue to thrive and give enough food for his people. Raising his head slightly out of the water, he saw his people becoming excited as the saw the glistening of scales jump out of the water. Then they dove in after them, and Dracul was happy to see that they could swim. With that he went underwater again, and returned to the god's castle.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

Staring down upon the young world, Deneral takes in the happenings. There is a large mountain and a small forest so far. Others must be at work here, looking down he picks a spot about 100 miles south of the great mountain. This would be the spot where his people would triumph, but first he had to make the land suitable for Empire builders.

(Using my Divine point)

Deneral spreads out his arms and through sheer force of will begins forging a great sea around a central peninsula. It would be wide, deep and filled with the most brilliant blue water. It would be a source of sustanence for his worshippers as well as a defense by forcing any would be invaders to march through the penisula.

After hours of work he was satisified with his sea...

OOC: Can I also create fish and rudimentary sea life with this divine point?

(Using 3 God Points)

Now, he would produce a river basin for his future people. Depressing a patch of land along the coast he lets the water from the sea flow in, depressing a little more land, and a little more land he creates a fine river that can be used for farming and drinking for his soon to be conquerers.

But, now Deneral was tired and he needed to rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

The wind howled softly where the Nothans lived.
    But then, suddenly, it spoke. Not to just that one chosen disciple, though he was closest to the invisible source of the sound, but to the whole people.

"Nothans! I am ___!"
    The name instantly imprinted itself on the minds of all the Nothans.
    "I have come here to bring you a magnificent gift, a gift you will be able to use very well indeed. The gift of universal speech!"
    The Nothans were momentarily struck with a slight pang of headache, and suddenly, there it was: the power to understand and speak all languages.
    "Remember this, Nothans, and honour me"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon reappeared over the grassy vista, hovering over it with her cape billowing in the wind.

She extended one hand to create a glassy sphere in her palm. The god then lightly tossed it to the ground, where it broke and released white mist. Standing in the mist were ten figures, seven female and three male, all humanoid in appearance. all had dark skin to combat the hot sun of the area, as well as long straight black hair. the females were the taller of the two sexes, as well as being more athletically built. they looked to the sky where their deity, with similar skin and hair, floated. Balthazon smiled, she wanted them to watch this.

floating down to the ground, she raised one hand, clenched it, then brought it down on the earth. The ground cracked and broke, reforming itself into a huge bowl in the earth. She floated up and raised her hands to the sky, then swung them down slowly. the crater filled with water. she extended one finger, pointing it down, then "poked" into the air several times. With each poke, a smaller lake appeared somewhere in the grassland. She turned her hand palm up and raised it to the sky, whereupon crops of wheat and clusters of trees sprouted from the landscape. bringing her hands together and clenching them made crops of stone rich with iron ore rumble out of the ground.

finally, she produced another sphere identical to the one she had used to create her people. Throwing this to the ground produced a larger smoke cloud, and when the cloud cleared there was a herd of creatures. Quadrupeds, about the size of horses with similar bodies, they had large horns on their heads and fine fur to protect from the sun without overheating. The people watched on this in amazement, then turned to their goddess.

The deity spoke: "I am Balthazon, god of chivalry. I have created you, given you a place to live in, food to eat, water to drink and materials to work. I shall return tonight to instruct you. Until then, explore this area and establish a home." with that, she vanished in a burst of sunlight.

(OoC: 1 DP for the tribe, 1 DP for the herd, 1 WP for stone, 1 WP for iron, 1 WP for wheat, 3 WP for lakes, 1 WP for trees)
    Last edited by The Faceless; 2008-02-17 at 02:27 PM.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

26. - Top - End - #26

MindFlayer

When Noth once again saw his people they seemed to have mastered their illusions, fast learners indeed. He studied them for a few moments before he made his presence known to them. Their various forms where stable and their illusions trustworthy. Excellent.

"Nothans," He called out to them, just as before. "You please me with your quick mastery of your abilities. Now the time has come to put them to use."

"As I said there are other beings around you. They live their own lives and their gods take care of them. Your divine mission will be to infiltrate them, become them in a way, yet remaining Nothan at heart"

His people looked at him. Curiously, but not with doubt. That was good.

"I will give you their locations and you will split up and join them. As there are more of you then races some of you will remain behind and await new races. The god of language have assured me that you will be able to speak all languages so that will not be a problem. Just make sure that you let them speak before you do as not all races have language yet"

"What are supposed to do, lord of the everchanging?" Asked one of the Nothons. Noth had grown attached to his fake title and liked when they used it.

"For now, nothing" He said, "Just blend in and be a part of their lives. Remember any information you learn"

"What about the dragons?"

"Stay away from them. None of you will be able to take their shape and they will notice an intruder. There are only two of them after all"

"Won't the other ones notice intruders too?"

"I don't think so" Said Noth reassuring, "Most of them seem to spread out over a large area and no one is especially good at counting. But take no risks, approch invisible and turn invisible again if someone suspects you"

"Now go!" He commanded and then left the mortal world.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

And Jasper looked upon the world and he said that it was good, and it was good. The world was ablaze with activity and the other gods were hard at work. It seemed nothing could disrupt them.

With a flick of his hand the lizard folk increased their numbers by fifty, and it was good. Deciding to improve upon the work of others, he granted them the ability to have a large reproduction ability, allowing their race to expand faster, and the ways of warfare but mostly the knowledge that other races could be used as their slaves. And finally he gifted them with the feat that other races would always stereotype them as having large genitals, even if they really do not.

With a smile of perversion, he saw that this was good. A spoken word was formed from his mouth and from it formed a monster. A large creature of power it was, a horrible thing from the depths of Ry'leth it seemed. A mass of tentacles came from it to destroy any in his path. With a snap he made it a terrible thing, immortal, and placed it on the other side of the earth from his people, the lizard folk. With his final act he made the largest mountain bigger, with a more pointed and suggestive tip.

With an old man cackle, he saw that it was really good. He tipped his hat to the lizard folk, telling him that their new prowess was because of him, and took his leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    God point for the monster, divine point for its immortality. Divine point for the mountain. All my Worship points for the lizards, and three divine points for their abilities.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2008-02-17 at 02:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Xarkul goes to check on his creations. He uses some 1 worshiper point to create weapons for them, and another to create a spell book. I once again drop them in front of the cave, then i write in my copy of the codice of the coming of god, then i go back to the gods castle.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

An old scribe walks into the grove, and sits down upon a log. He pulls a scroll out of his robes and begins to read it.

30. - Top - End - #30

The dragons see that Xarkul has left them, and still not knowing his name, they begin to ponder.

I wonder who that could have been?
    As do I, though I suspect we shall find out someday.
    Perhaps we should seek out his creations to ask?
    No, if he does not wish to tell us, we should not seek the answer.
    The gods truly are ineffable aren't they?
    Indeed. We should go.
    To the grove perhaps?
    There is nowhere better to go.

With that they fly off to the grove, landing there several minutes later.