New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

Emerys appeard standing on the peak of the tallest mountain in the Emrian. Looking down over the world he sighed as he viewd some of the others with disdain, yet some with joy. He saw that the grove was going to be a good place, and looking far south, he saw the marsh lands. Lowering his head, he hoped that when he made something next time the others would leave it alone.

Emrys then waited for another god to appear, wondering if any would speak to him.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garal appeared before his gnomes and beaconed, "Follow me," they walked to the shore of the lake, "Another god will join us in time, but for now watch."

Garal raised his staff and out of the ground rose 100 orbs of clay. They formed into four different shapes twenty-five each. One two groups were similar, four-legged creature one group was small and reddish-brown these were foxes, the other almost as large as a human, with silvery grey fur they were wolves. The next group was about two feet tall, with beaks, talons and wings, their feathers were black, these were birds, ravens to be exact. And lastly there were the serpents, green and scaly, long and slender.

Garal addressed his new creations, "You are living, and all life in this grove is sacred, in time the circle of life will be complete but for now feast only from the fruit of the trees and bushed."

For sometime the animals and the gnomes explored the grove as Garal walked among them, but soon Garal had called them back together. He motioned one of each animal forward, they were gathered around the only tree in the valley that had all of its fruit removed. One by one he touched each of the animals he called forward and then the tree and then the gnomes, he imbued them each with intelligence above that of most other life, then only to the trees and animals and the tree did he make them stronger than most other life as well as faster, even allowing the tree to move and walk, and tougher.

It was only now that Garal noticed ___, was in the grove. He lead his creations to where ___ was sitting and said "I hope my work has not left you waiting to long." Garal was in front of ___ now with the intelligent creatures to his right and the gnomes to his left. He was even more surprised to see the dragons flying over head.
    Last edited by Drago; 2008-02-17 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Here be dragons
    This post courtesy of you local Happy Happyist. Blue, blue!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

After a few hours of rest, Deneral returns to his little slice of creation. He is ready to continue preparing the world for the arrival of his people.

Looking around, he decides on his next course of action at the end of his river he creates a lake(3 wp) to give his people even more of an advantage. But his people would need a source of food and they would need stone and iron to build weapons and fortifications.

Pointing his fingers north of the river, he summons a small grove of trees to the spot creating a small forest(1 wp.) Satisfied with his creation he takes a bits of wood. Carving them into the shape of deer he releases the herd into the forest...but he couldn't let life be too easy for his creation. Taking more wood, he whittles together a small pack of wolves(1 wp) to release into the forest.

Giving a nod to his pack of hunters, he smiles, they are the perfect predator. Working together to bring down their enemies. That is how he wants his worshippers to behave. But, they would need resources. Moving to another area he turns the ground into a hard rocky region, creating a stone and marble quary(1wp,) then taking another piece of land he raises it into little hills filling the interior with iron(,1wp)

Excellent, everything was coming along nicely. He only had one more thing to do before he could rest and prepare himself for the creation of his people. Taking two fistfuls of stones, he imbues them with magic, throwing one fistful into the ocean and sprinkles the other into the river and lake. Upon touching the water, the stones turned to scales and through them fish were born.(1wp)

He would let his creations reproduce now, and then he would return to bring about the future rulers of this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xankul appears nearby Emry's on the mountain looking for the dragons once again, but see's Emrys. "Hello Emry's... I see you changed your face and name.I like that new marsh, perfect place for some Scrag's to live.hmmmm ive still got some power left maybe??"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

The old scribe smiled.
    "No, patience is one thing I have. I'm not as hasty as a wargod would be. I believe you wish these creatures to speak gnomish? Any reason you wished to be present here yourself?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Ah...yet again change.."

Looking at Xankul he shook his head at him. Motioning him to follow him, he turned into a green bird, and flew down the mountain untill he was at the entrance to the hobgoblin cave. Turning back into his human form, he made himself appear invisible to the mortals. Waiting for Xankul, he would show him how change could anger someone so much.

7. - Top - End - #37

I follow Emrys down the mountain to my creations and observe what he does.
    "What are you doing?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Looking over at him Emrys smiles slightly.

"I plan on makeing a terrible beast that will cause your creatures to ever fear leaving there dark caves."

With this I pick up a stick and two leaves, and throwing them up into the air, ten owl's appear to fly away into the night.

"You shall see in good time what my feathered friends are able to do."

9. - Top - End - #39

"Intimidating..."Xankul says mildly.
    "But i think that that wasn't a smart idea. I think dragons get hungry."
    Xankul leaves once again to the top of the mountain to find the dragons.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well ___, "I wanted to make sure," He motion and the ten being at his sides stepped forward, "That these ten be granted speech, along with all future gnomes. Now the five to my right are meant to be my emissaries to the mortal world and I would like the to speak all languages. I also wanted to make sure that the simpler creatures, the animals and the plants, behind me are able to communicate amongst themselves, not with complex language just enough to get by..."

Garal paused a bit before continuing "I also want these ten to be able to speak with the animals, only the sentient tree need speak with plants. I believe the gnomes should be capable of these but your help making sure would be appreciated. Now this last one may be a bit much, but I'd like my own language, one only those I grant it to can speak. This language would be to worship all things natural and it would allow those not adept at communicating with the simpler life do so a few times a day."

Garal seems nervous by now, "I know it's a lot to ask of you ___, and by no means do you have to do it all right now, just these ten speaking gnomish, and speaking to the animals, for now would be enough."
    This post courtesy of you local Happy Happyist. Blue, blue!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Following him up the mountain, once again as a green bird, Emrys speaks to him.

"Why do you not give more gifts to your people..Do you not have any power left on this day?? I only ask because compared to the others I think they may soon fall behind."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazar appeared hovering above the grassland, where she saw her tribe sitting around a crude fire, feasting on the carcass of a roasted antelope beast. Invisible to mortal eyes, she smiled, waiting for Mithras to appear.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantReaper View Post
    Following him up the mountain, once again as a green bird, Emrys speaks to him.

"Why do you not give more gifts to your people..Do you not have any power left on this day?? I only ask because compared to the others I think they may soon fall behind."

"I do not pamper my people. I chose and have given my dark blessings to this race for a reson. I intend to only influence there religion and culture through the Codice. I have given them food, weapons, a home, this should be enough. I also intend to have those air dragons help them, and if that doesnt work i will create Red or Blue dragons to help them."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Ah I see...so your people are peacefull then..no thast not the case, because you are destruction....I wish to ask you for a deal if you will. Make a great body of water..a sea if you will on the oppisite side of the forest on the mountain range..I wish to make something there yet do not have the power. If all goes as plan our people can be allys and control the sea and mountains."

With the Emrys turned human again, and floated beside Xankul, awaiting his awnser and wondering if he would accept the proposition.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Next to where the remaining Nothans had set up camp there was an empty valley, perfect for Noth's needs. Gesticulating at his people to follow him he walked to the center of the valley. It wasn't very big, maybe a thousand meters across. It was big enough, he decided, he wasn't even sure that he could've manage anything bigger with his current powers.

Feeling the faith of his followers giving him strenght, Noth's mind and powers reached out over the valley.

It was done. Nothing was visible at first but after a few seconds things started to appear around him. Illusions, yes, but wonderful illusions.

The valley would sense the desires of whoever entered it and show them what they wanted to see. They wouldn't be able to eat the food or mate with the females but, even for a god, it was still a dazzling experience. A Valley of Wonders indeed.

(In order to pull this off I transformed ten of my worship points into a god point and used it. Considering nothing in the valley, no matter how convincing, is real I figured that should be enough)
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Faceless View Post
    Balthazar appeared hovering above the grassland, where she saw her tribe sitting around a crude fire, feasting on the carcass of a roasted antelope beast. Invisible to mortal eyes, she smiled, waiting for Mithras to appear.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, is it Balthazon or Balthazar?

Mithras appeared next to Balthazar, and was silent, waiting for the Deity of Chivalry to introduce him to her people.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

17. - Top - End - #47

The dragons fly back to the mountain, somehow knowing that Xarkul has returned to that spot.

Hello again, good sir.
    I'm afraid we still don't know you're name.
    Would you mind telling us?
    And what are you the god of?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFatGoblin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, is it Balthazon or Balthazar?

Mithras appeared next to Balthazar, and was silent, waiting for the Deity of Chivalry to introduce him to her people.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Balthazon, sorry.

Balthazon descended from the sky to appear before her people "My tribe, i return just as i promised. With me i bring Mithras, god of smiths and crafting." she raises one gauntlet clad had to gesture at where the forge god hovered. "It is time for you to learn, my children. Time for you to make your place in this world." She gestured that mithras should join her, so that they could begin to give the people knowledge to survive in the world.
    Last edited by The Faceless; 2008-02-17 at 04:27 PM.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

The old scribe smiled.
    "That is indeed a lot to ask, but I will grant it, and I will grant it all now. Hear me now, gnomes and other creatures, you shall be granted the greatest gift of all, the gift to understand each other, by me, ___. Remember this name, and worship it evermore"
    A thunderclap struck in the minds of those present, and Garal's wishes had been granted.
    "I trust we can see each other as allies, Garal. I will revisit this place, for it's sheer wonderfulness. But also because the people of the lands will need a place to find me, ___, when I am present. Prosper, friends"
    The scribe walking off, quietly singing a song to himself, and dissapeared beyond the horizon.

Even after he left, you can hear a voice say: "Oh, and remember, Garal, I myself will always be able to speak any language, even your secret one"

((I've used two DP because this seemed quite a hefty task. Be sure to remember my efforts, Garal))
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-02-17 at 04:27 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

20. - Top - End - #50

Xarkul looks at Emry's and creates a large ocean.
    "I have one last request before we form an alliance. I want you to create one of those air whales that i tried to eat."
    Xarkul turns around to look at the dragons
    "I demand your names first."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Struck by the absurbity of the question, Emrys let out a laugh. As it echoed down the mountains he nodded to Xankul.

"Yes, yes I will make you an air whale..but I will not be able to on this day, but as soon as I can I shall."

22. - Top - End - #52

I spend another divine point to create a pavilion on the part of the mountain we are standing on.

23. - Top - End - #53

That was rather rude of you, making demands like that.
    Well, he is a god, and with that comes an inflated ego.
    Regardless, we shall not reveal our names until you have.
    Well, one of us might reveal our name first, if you become more polite.

Wh'le pops into existence nearby.

"What's this about air whales?"
    It would appear our skeleton friend over there wishes to eat one.
    Eating the semblance of a god, such a disgrace.
    You real should be offended.
    Or perhaps complimented, for to him you appear tasty.
    "I'll go with the first option thank you very much."

24. - Top - End - #54

"My name is Xankul, god of destruction. And once again i do not need to eat... but you do look good to eat "
    Xankul begins to walk down the mountain again.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Appearing above the mountains, Nosferatu takes the form of a murder of crows and flies throughout the region, taking in the area.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

26. - Top - End - #56

"Umm... Thank you?"
    The two dragons just laugh at Wh'le's confusion.
    I am called Rhina.
    And I am called Ryn.

27. - Top - End - #57

As Xankul walks down the mountain he see's the murder of crows flying by.
    "Strange...What do you think that is Ryn and Rhinda?"
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-17 at 04:47 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Turns around towards the sea, and flies over top of it gazing at all its wonder. He then starts to slowly fly to the marshlands, to show his people how to build, and live.

29. - Top - End - #59

It would appear to be a murder of crows.
    Yes, it would appear that way.
    "But keep in mind, a book should not be judged by its cover."
    Of course, but the only beings that good at disguising themselves...
    ...Are gods like yourself.
    "So, it's either a god or crows. It doesn't really matter I think, so I'll leave you now."

Wh'le disappears.

30. - Top - End - #60

Eventually Xankul reaches the hobgoblin cave
    "Dragons i have a question...I need a guardian for this mountain and the forest. Lacking the power to create another creature to fulfill this duty,I want you to protect it."