New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

I don't know, I believe we will have to think about.
    Give us some time and we shall have an answer.

With that the pair fly off, up into the clouds.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((And I have to go as well.))

2. - Top - End - #62

Xankul looks up to where they flew off. After a few seconds he decides to return to the godly plane

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Noth looked around, ignoring the delights the valley created for him and focused on the Nothans. They were effected by the valley as well and seemed pleased. It didn't hurt to make his followers happy but the valley had greater uses then that.

Reaching for the power that remained within him he created a subtle telepatic message for everyone who came fairly close to the Valley of Wonders. It wasn't enough to force anyone in there but enough to make them curious and interested in the valley. They wouldn't even know anything had effected them, just think it was their own minds communicating with them.
    After a moment of thought he made sure it effected animals as well. The Nothans would eventually need something to eat after all.

(One Divine point spent on the message)
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Thank you very much ___, all my creations will forever be told to remember you and if you ever need anything ask me." He turns to his children, "I am Garal Lunarchorus your creator, that was ___ he gave you speech. You are Gnomes, you are foxes, wolves, serpents, and ravens," Garal said while point to each group in order.

One of the gnomes asked, "You have a name, the Scribe has a name, we are only things?"

Garal looked them over, "You are right, you will be the only generation to be named by me." Point first to the male gnomes, then the female gnomes, then his sentient wolf, raven, serpent, fox and tree. "You are Leif, you Erik, you Joro, Mani, Sif, Fenrir, Munin, Lucifer, Kitsune and, Treebeard." With those finial blessings Fenrir grew to over 8 feet tall, Munin remained the same size but his feathers became white and his eyes became bright purple. Lucifer became 6 feet long and sapphire blue. Kistune grew eight extra tails and his fur became fire red. Treebeard grew to over twelve feet tall his bark hardened and his figure became humanoid. "I must go for now, enough you new forms, and gnomes you will find some tools and baskets in your caves. Please gather as many fruit as you can before you grow tired," and with that his ten worshippers could also speak Druidic.

Garal walks away form the gathering and appears to slide into nothingness. He appears in the god and heads for his room.
    This post courtesy of you local Happy Happyist. Blue, blue!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mithras turns to Balthazar's worshippers, bows, and strides through the air towards them.

Once close to the mortals, Mithras first explains the basics of smithing, demonstrating with the iron ore, a fire near to the ore, (Perhaps Mithras made it) and his hammer, showing exactly how smithing works. Moving on to slightly more complicated smithing, Mithras explains that too. After demonstrating smithing, Mithras gives the elaborate yet deadly sword he created as a smithing example to Balthazar.

He then proceeds to teach the mortals crafting, though not as much as smithing, and after that, he teaches quarrying/mining, again not teaching to as great extent as smithing.

After teaching the mortals, Mithras turns back to Balthazar.

"Curious, your followers are. Perhaps I could forge some of my own near yours, and our two peoples could help each other?"
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon stroked her chin "Possibly, though i would still like to hold off a true alliance right now. I still know little about you and your goals." she smiled a bit "though i do hope that you will turn into an ally." she then turned to her people and started to instruct them on farming and hunting, how to capture and breed the roaming herd beasts to get more meat or a better work beast, how to erect buildings, build streets and roads and dig ditches.

most importantly, she talked to them at great lengths about the code of honor she expected them to follow, of defending their property, always having a reason to fight that is right and good. Of how the strong should defend the weak, not subjugate them, and that conquest of others just because they were different was not the noble thing to do.

"now i leave you for a while my children, to develop into a people i hope to be proud of. You will find that women are better suited to being fighters amongst yourselves, but this does not mean that men should be excluded from war if they so wish, and they should certainly not be barred from any other task in society. You are the Amazons, and you have my hopes and my blessings." with that, she vanished.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg the god of strength decided to make his presence known to the world. He used all the power he had to create a giant paradise as close as possible to the center of land where the many races were being created.

He created vast amounts of trees, wheat, water, fish, metal and animals all concentrated in the same area. Beyond it lay only barren land making it stand out greatly from vast distances.

Urg bellowed down to the inhabitants of the new world that they were to fight for this new land to separate the weak from the strong and they should worship him if they wanted more opportunities like this.

After making this announcement Urg left to the plane of the gods to watch what would happen and talk to his fellows.

Spoiler
    Show
    I converted all my points worship points.
    6 points for 2 lakes
    10 points for metal
    7 for 70 fish
    7 for 70 antelope
    10 for a forest or trees whichever gives more food
    5 for wheat

45 worship points total based on conversion from page 4
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-02-17 at 10:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

MindFlayer

Noticing the new lands being created next to him Noth took a closer look at it. Lots of food and no one visible to claim it. Tempting. He gathered his remaining Nohtans and instructed them.

"You see the lands over there? They are filled with food and not guarded by anyone. Use your invisibility to get in and out without anybody noticing you and bring back as much food as possible"

The Nothans all nodded and without another word they disapperad from sight but he could feel them moving away from him, towards this new "paradise".

Now completely alone in the Valley of Wonders, Noth left.
    Last edited by Faustling; 2008-02-18 at 01:16 AM.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

There was thunder that night, and a voice visited one of the amazons. The voice told her of many wonders and taught her many things. The most important thing this new disciple learned that night was sign language, the art of communicating without making a sound, a skill so usefull to warrior races. The god ___ told her to go off to her people, and spread the word. She would teach her people, and ___ would have some new followers.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

10. - Top - End - #70

Xankul appears on his pavilion. As he looks around he can see the paradise.
    "Finally. Somewhere i can destory."
    Immediately he unleashes a plague to destroy the forest and what lives in it.
    (Spends 1 divine point)

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys appears beside the Skeletal man, and turns into his lizard form.

"You fool....did you not think the plague would spread to all the rest of the earth. You may have ruined the planet."

With the Dracul jumps off the mountain before turning into a giant green bird and flying to the lizardfolk. Turning back to his lizard form he looks at the forest, and decides that is time for his people to start spreading.

"You must get prepared to leave, there is great danger, and this place may not be safe for long."

After this Dracul went back and stood gaurding over his people, ready to stop the plague if it started to get closer.

12. - Top - End - #72

Xankul looks at Emry's fly away for a while then decides to start writing in his codice about how to not catch the plague or at least how to avoid it.

"Emry's may be right... A who cares. At the end of the plague my Hob goblins will finally emerge from there cave to attack."
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-18 at 09:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

MindFlayer

(This posts assumes there is some sort of connection between the gods and their followers but that seems pretty logical to me so I'm rolling with it...)

Sensing strong feelings of anxiety from one of his Nothans Noth swiftly left the divine plane and when he returned to the mortal world he knew it came from the Nothan who had been choosen to infiltrate the lizard people.

Not wanting to reveal his infiltrator by showing up unannounced he looked around his valley and noticed that the Nothans he'd sent to gather food was returning, bringing enough food for several days. The new lands were plentiful indeed.

Whatever had caused anxiety among the lizards would surely reach the other gods, it was only a matter of time. Noth returned to his home among the gods.

14. - Top - End - #74

Xankul began to move down the mountain towards Emry's Marshes.
    After a while he reached the marshes. He began to look for Emry's.
    "EMRY'S COME OUT!!"
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-18 at 09:34 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Seeing Xankul, the giant form of Dracul/Emrys turned to face Xankul.

"What issss it that you sssseek, fellow god?"

With this his people the lizardfolk slowly backed away before hiding in the water, so that just the top of their heads wer sticking out.

"I have busssssinesss to attend to, sssso be quick."

16. - Top - End - #76

"Its about the plague. Its a respiratory disease that stops the heart by thickening your blood sugar. But the time in which it dies when exposed into open air is to quick to escape from the paradise, but i can live for up to a week clinging to plants. so as long as you stay away from it you will be fine. Clearly whatever animal tries to live in there will die but the plants should survive. Within 1 week everything inside should die."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Ssssso you made a plague that affectssss only intelligent thingsss. You killed 70 animalssss then..I ssssee."

Turning towards his people, he spoke to them, telling them what they needed to hear.

"From now on, the so called paradisssse, is forbiden for all Lizardfolk. If you eat from it, things so horrible will happen that none will be able to ssspeak of it."

With that, Dracul turned into a giant green bird and flew to the Emrian, and pearched on the pavilion.

18. - Top - End - #78

Xankul leaves to the godly plane.

19. - Top - End - #79

Xankul reappears in the pavilion and begins to enchant the area.(one for only gods, and hobgoblins being able to see it, one for magically magnifying anything that is seen from the pavilion, and another for being able to warp into the godly plane from here)

-Im not sure how many points that is or if there worship points if not then

Xankul reappears in the pavilion and begins to enchant the area. As he begins he realizes nothing has happened
    "Curses. Im out of power already"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Same here."

The bird floats down to land next to Xankul before takeing his human shape. Looking around he sighs.

"Where are all the other gods, I feel as if they are letting the world go without their care."

21. - Top - End - #81

Mmmm..Yes i suppose they give there creations to much of a free rein. By now you must realize you have 11 lizards instead of 10. And those air dragons have been let go by there creator. Anyways if they let it go all the better for us... Soon they will not have enough power to stop us anyways.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"No I have more then 11, Jasper has made it so there are fifty of my creations, but why do you say 11?"

With this Emrys turned his eyes toward the marsh, wondering exactly what he was talking about.

23. - Top - End - #83

"The first time i came to the mortal plane i saw strange creatures. 10 many limbed creatures. They can change shape, I dont know who they are but they have ,for sure, taken a part in your society. One of the Lizards acted a bit diffrent from the others. You should go back and count them again."
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-18 at 10:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC: Just going to give this a run-down of my creations, just for time sake, as it's easier to list:

1 GP - Adoxin creates a lush forest, with a small lake at it's centre.
    1 DP - Enchant the lake to make it primordial, a hotbed for new lifeforms.
    1 DP - To enchant the primordial lake as to never degrade from its current state.
    1 GP - Make 10 Tardigrades to live in my primordial lake.
    2 DP - Enchant the forest twice, thus to make it overgrown.
    1 DP - Increase the Tardigrades procreation rate, done by enabling them to bifurcate.
    [Convert 8 WP into 2 DP]
    1 DP - Enable the Tardigrades to feed off of time itself (if needed I can go into detail how this can be done).
    1 DP - Give my Tardigrades sentience, with a hive mentality.

For more info on Tardigrades Click here

IC:
    Pleased with his creations, Adoxin returned to the God Plane to see his work unfold.
    Last edited by luciel; 2008-02-18 at 10:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Hmmmm..."

With that Emrys disappered and appeared above his people, and he took the form of a bird, and begain circleing his people, watching them.

26. - Top - End - #86

Xankul exchanges 8 WP to 2DP

Xankul enchants the pavilion so he can magically magnify things, and then he creates a minor plate shift, just by a few mm so the lava could finally come out to make a volcano.

(1Dp for each i think)

Also he sits there looking at all races. Watching events unfold from his pavilion.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-18 at 11:08 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87

MindFlayer

One of the lizards, who weren't quite a lizard, noticed a bird circling above him and the other lizards. Clearly not the normal behavior of a bird, thus a god or a shapeshifter more skilled then himself. In any case, the Nothan had to make sure he didn't draw attention to himself.

He jumped into the water, showing only his head as he had seen other lizards do, and seemed to relax next to some other lizards as he carefully observed all lizards within sight, making sure he would be able to mimic their behavior exactly.

(Might I point out that it's a little odd that Xankul knew "for sure" that the shapeshifters infiltrated other communities? It's likely but hardly a fact)

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(Ya well I going to have my person just not believe him)

Flying away from the marsh, Dracul went to the forest on the mountain side, and and pearched in a tree. He then became an owl, and calmly watched the front of the cave enterence to the hobgoblins, ready to put his plans into action.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Where the plague once was it stops and only 10 of each of the species died. A black pearl appears in the forest and a white pearl appears in the valley of wonders.

30. - Top - End - #90

MindFlayer

One gnome was not quite like the others. For a while he had remained invisibly hidden in plain sight among them, in order to study their behavior and await the right moment to become one of them.

After a fairly long wait, he realized that it would be to risky to take a place among the gnomes, for the time being at least. They were few and knew each other by name. There were... other possibilities however. While his shapeshifting was limited to humanoid forms his illusions certainly weren't and he could remain covered in illusions much longer then he could remain hidden by them.
    He hid in some bushes before quickly switching his invisibility for another illusion and made himself as small as possible.

A few moments later a very convincing silver-colored wolf left the bushes and playfully ran amongst the gnomes for a minute before going to rest in the shade.

-------------------

Another Nothan had an ever harder time with his mission. Not only were the hobgoblins fairly few, they also seemed suspicious to a ridicolous degree. He quickly understood that if he were to gather any information on them, he would have to remain hidden. That didn't prove a very hard task though as it was easy to either stay invisible or to blend in with the walls of the tunnels.
    His feet were very soft, not very comfortable in a cave but almost completly silent.
    Eager to fulfil his creators request he walked between the different groups of hobgoblins, trying to learn something important.