New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

Emrys senseing that something had changed, flew towards the forest. Landing within it he looked down at the stone, decideing that his people must have it, he would go to them. Upon reaching them, he turned into a small lizard in the water, and swam up to the one that original was taught draconic. He would then whisper into his ear what he wanted him to do.

"I wish for you to go into the forest. Do not worry for your saftey for I, Dracul, shall travel with you. I ask that only you and you alone go, if asked, tell the others that you are on a mission from your god and must go on a pilgrimage."

With that the Lizardman went out of the water, and picking up a walking stick, started to make his trek into the forset.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

___ appeared in the valley and gazed upon the pearl. A thing of beauty, yet, he wondered, was it just an illusion? His fingers stroked it's surface, hoping to gain certainty on this matter.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Five new Nothans had just hatched from their eggs in the valley. Their closeness to their god made them mature quickly and within minutes they were as clever as the adults although slightly smaller.

The wandered around in the valley, enjoying it's illusions when one of them noticed a pearl lying on the ground. To his suprise, the others noticed it as well shortly there after. It wasn't an illusion, but what was it?

Cautiously one of them shifted into his most protective form, a muscular human shape with claw-like nails and approched the pearl. After a few moments of hesitation he touched it lightly.

(If I could get a better description of the pearl and possibly what it does I'd be grateful)
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Upon arriving at the peral, Dracul turned into a normal size lizardman. Looking at the other he motioned him to stay back. He then bent down and pick up the peral, wondering exactly what its powers were.

"Go back to the marsh, I must see what this is."

With that he teleported away and was soon underwater in the marsh's. After he arrived, he examined the peral more closley.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

When touched it starts to glow. It's around the size of a rugby ball.

The pearls speak in the touchers mind. Soon I shall reveal my secret find my fellow for a head start."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-02-18 at 12:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

MindFlayer

As Noth appeared he saw that the pear had started to glow and both ___ and one of the Nothans were touching it. Shifting into a more authoritarian form he walked over and put both his hands on the pearl.

"This land, and everything in it, is mine" He said, looking straight into ___'s eyes. "In time, I will repay you for your aid but the pearl belongs to me"

With that he snatched the pearl from the god and the Nothan and held it up in front of his eyes.

"It's beautiful... but I can't help but wonder where it comes from"

Suddenly he realized that he pearl communicated telepatically with him and judgeing from the confused look in the Nothans face, it had done the same to him.

With a thought Noth summoned one of his followers that had remained in the valley and handed the pearl to him.

"Guard this with your life and all of your power. Stay out of sight" Noth commanded, knowing that not even gods could find a hidden Nothan. His servant nodded and disapeared from sight in the blink of an eye.
    Last edited by Faustling; 2008-02-18 at 12:39 PM.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Upon hearing the peral speak, Dracul instantly thought of what to do next. Decideing the best thing would be to search for the other and obtain it, he changed into his human form, and put it in a pocket in his shirt. He then appeard ontop of the mountain, wondering exactly where the other peral was.

Once atop the mountain, Emrys called out to the other gods.

"Will any being that knows of these perals please come and speak with me, for I wish to know what this is."

8. - Top - End - #98

MindFlayer

Just as the Nothan had vanished Noth heard Emrys' call and knew that ___ would hear it as well. If he was to come out on top of this Noth had to act quickly.

"___, my friend" He said with a kind smile "I spoke to quickly. If what Emrys claims is true there must be another pearl that is the 'fellow' this one speaks of. If we work together we could obtain them both"

While confident on the outside Noth was well aware that whoever had the other pearl, there was no doubt in his mind that it had been found already, wouldn't give it up lightly. Noth wasn't the fighting sort, he prefered dealing. Power shared with one or two other gods is better then on power at all, right? He told himself.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys continued to wait, wondering exactly if no other god and realized that there were two perals of power out there. Hopeing someone would come soon, he started to pace back and forth.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xankul sees after a while Emry's holding a pearl. Xankul begins to scale down the mountain again and approach Emry's.

"What is that"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Decideing the best thing would be to search for the other and obtain it, he changed into his human form, and put it in a pocket in his shirt. He then appeard ontop of the mountain, wondering exactly where the other peral was.
    (You see no pearl)

Looking at Xankul, Emrys would then stop his pacing.

"Do you know anything of these perals?"
    Last edited by ReluctantReaper; 2008-02-18 at 02:40 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

"No but you could show it to me..."
    Xankul looks at Emry's carefully.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I suppose I could, but what would be the purpose of that?"

14. - Top - End - #104

"Were not enemies right? Why not like i can steal it..."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Appearing above the Black Forest, Nosferatu gazes upon its people. A civilization is beginning to form, small buildings dotted amongst the numerous trees. After viewing the forest from above for awhile, Nosferatu floats down to the earth. Upon touching down upon the soft ground, he is approached by a single Vanilia.

Hello once more my children. How do you fair?
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"For one moment you may glance upon it."

Emrys took it out and showed it to Xankul. After a few seconds Emrys then put it quickly away, and rested his hand on his rapier lightly.

"Nothing of great importance."

17. - Top - End - #107

"...That looks like a normal pearl.. Meh whatever. I thought it was some sort of super weapon."
    Xankul goes back to the godly plane.

18. - Top - End - #108

"Emry's!"
    Xankul yells looking for Emry's in the marsh. After looking for a while Xankul decides to return to the God's plane.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-18 at 03:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

___ appears next to Emrys on top of the mountain.

"Nice view you have from here. But above all, the sounds are magnificent. I can hear the whole world from here"

He remained quite for a while, no matter how unlike him that was.

"The second pearl has been found" he finally spoke.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

20. - Top - End - #110

MindFlayer

Realizing where ___ had went Noth followed and heard what he said to Emrys. Noth himself would have prefered a more... subtle approach but it had already been done, not to mention that the lizards' god could prove a useful ally.

"I have a suggestion, gentlemen" He said, using his friendiest voice and apperance. "The way I see it we have two options. The first is to fight over the pearls by force and I can't even imagine the effects on that given our combined powers and we would also risk the second pearl, mine is... safe for now."

He stopped for a few moments to gather his thoughts and let his words sink into the gods in front of him.

"The other option..." He begun and smiled "Is to work together. Surely the reward will be great even if shared and if we combine our powers few will be able to stop us"

"It's perfect really, none of our domains, or creatures for that matter, compeat with each other. They as well could benefit from a triumvirate of the three greatest gods. What do you say?" He asked and put on his most charming smile.

21. - Top - End - #111

Nixe, Goddess of the Sea

As Nixe descended to the ball of earth that made up the mortal realm she was vexed at the lack of a massive sea. This thought drove her forward bubbling forth from the ground as a massive stream of water, soaking the ground which began to sink around the land she had chosen for her children. As the ground around trembled and sunk down ward, filling with the water that she had brought to the surface, she changed the nature of the land her sea would surround breathing fertile life into and making it habitable. As the land around her began to form into a bowl and fill with her blessed sea she carved the land to include holes and niches for the life she was about to give to it.

As the massive bowl finally finished Nixe brought her hands to her chest before placing them in the water, and from this point schools of fish, packs of sharks, all manner of sea life flowed into the still growing sea. Along with this abundant sea fauna with her blessing sea flora began to sprout and spontaneously grow across the now teeming sea.

Turning to her island, the one that would be the home to her most beloved, most cherished, creation, she pricked her thumb and let ten drops divine blood out onto the sandy floor, from these ten spots rose the Nixiens, created in the image of their goddess they were of blue skin and scales, humanoid looking but with the mouth of a shark and the build of a fish. As her children rose from her blood she spoke in a motherly voice,

Hello my darlings, I am your mother Nixe and you are my children the Nixiens, I have raised this sea to provide you with my care and this island to shelter you from the others on the outside. Know this my children, love me and obey me and you shall prosper like none other, but should you betray my trust I shall bring the wrath of the sea to bare against you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Points Spent:
    1 God Point - Creation of the Sea, measures will be up on status
    1 Worship Point - Creating natural terrain on sea floor
    5 Divine Points - Creating abundant sea life and making the island habitable.
    1 God Point - Creation of 10 Nixiens, 5 Males and 5 Females

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

"I would say I agree, Noth. You have both been friends in the past, and I have no wish for a war between the gods. It would not benefit the evolution of language. I know that I would be a Lepidus, maybe a Crassus to this triumvirate, but that nly makes me more important from my point of view. Without the third, there is the downfall of the two, remember that. That being said, I have no crave for power, only for some worship and peace, so I'd be more then willing to share"

23. - Top - End - #113

MindFlayer

Noth nodded at ___'s words. He was pleased. "Of course, I will do my best to preserve the peace and worship you seek. Our methods may differ but our goals are similar, my friend"

For now, at least, he added in his thoughts, as always careful not to show anything on the outside.

24. - Top - End - #114

Xankul appears in his pavilion and observes the land. After looking around he sees a new sea appear with all sorts of life in it.
    Xankul decides to check what has happened there.
    Seeing the new sea he decides to connect it to the mountain by creating a small underground tunnel that emerges near the bank of the Sea.
    Soon after he writes of a fish supply that is nearby in the Codice.

1WP

After he teleports to the godly plane
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-18 at 05:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground

Finally, he was ready to create his people. Taking bits of wood and stone he builds a forge. He creates for himself a stone hammer and chisel. Taking stone, he chisels man into his image, 5 men and then 5 women, at the top of their heads he chisels in a deep hole. Here they would recieve the purifying fires of life. Heating the forge to unseen levels he turns the iron molten, and pours the the molten metal into each skull. Proud, he seals each hole and lets life seep into his creations.

As they slowly gain awareness he bestows upon them intelligence(2 divine points) so that they may better be able to conquer this world and make it their own.

Watcing them from above he observes them as they take in their surroundings and try to find their place and meaning in the world. He lets them do this for some time, before luring his favored one away from the pact, it was not his first scuplture, nore was it his last but it is was his most perfect one. He lures the man over to the lake before appearing in a brilliant flash of golden light.

"Behold! I, am, Deneral, the Master Builder, you and all which you see are my creation. And, you are my favorite creation. Forged from stone and iron in my own image. Whatever name you have chosen for yourself no longer matters, you shall be known as Cato, and you shall be the leader of your people. Their first patron, their first king. You shall lead them into building a city, and lead them and your children to expanding your influence over this peninsula, then this world. And when you pass into the afterlife to join me, I shall name another to take your place. It shall be a hard and long task but success will be rewarded. Failure will not. To help you in your task I will give you a tiny spark of my power, so you may lead your people."

Cato is covered in glowing radiance as he is infused with magical ability(2 worship points.)

"Now, return to your people. Spread my message and begin building. I will return to you, and only you as you are the chosen one amongst these people."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

26. - Top - End - #116

OOC:
    Sounds like Dwarves, I declare war!!(j/king)

27. - Top - End - #117

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
    Cato is covered in glowing radiance as he is infused with magical ability(2 worship points.)[/COLOR]
    OOC: It's up to Demonking but I'm pretty sure magical ability (depending on the strenght of course) will cost more then two WPs even if it's just for one individual. But hey, I might be wrong, the boss will surely decide.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Cato? As in Cato the Elder? Nice pick.
    Oh, and I think his people are more like golems than like dwarves.

29. - Top - End - #119

MindFlayer

As he waited for Emrys to answer Noth took the opportunity to do some thinking. He wasn't a very philosophical individual, definatly not, but this was a question worth putting some effort into. These pearls was another hint, the first one had been the existance of themselves and their world.

The hints pointed in the same direction, there was something else above them. A god for the gods if you will. It was a frightning but interesting thought. Of course, one of the other gods could have created the pearls but he didn't thought so. There was... something about them that led his mind in another direction.

Who or what had created the world? Would that someone have an interest in what went on in the world like the gods themselves was interested in what happened to their creations? It was likely. If so, what would that mean for Noth's own position?

He had no answers to that and a multitude of other questions. In time, he told himself, he would get them.
    Last edited by Faustling; 2008-02-18 at 06:26 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    Cato? As in Cato the Elder? Nice pick.
    Oh, and I think his people are more like golems than like dwarves.
    OOC: Well they are humans(skin and all) they just have a nice creation myth to represent their future martial might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.