New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

"We are not Xankul indeed..." Noth lowered his head and thought for a few seconds. "I agree that the Triumvirate should use them together but I'm still doubtful if we can be sure that the pearls are purely good. It is fairly obvious that us gods have different moral standars from each other. What if more then one being has created us and the pearls? That is a possiblity we cannot ignore and one of those entities could be... hostile, just like some of us may be hostile towards other gods creations"

"Let us wait for Emrys before we make a final decision. Since we have some time on our hands, I'm curious about what your future plans are? After all, you do not have a people of your own to tend to"
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg ignored the rest of the gods and their pearl discussion. Instead he decided to use his energy to create another forest to add to his paradise hoping someone would try to claim it soon.

(spending the 1 god point we got recently)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

"I do not wish a people of my own. They are merely devices for the powerhungry, seen through my eyes. Should I have a people, they would focus solely on language, and be trampled by the other races. So I decided to have none, and bless all other races with language instead. They are more powerful that any race I would create, and even if they do perish, there will still be the other races"

"I will never be the one and only god, but there will always be a place for me. A small one, maybe, but still. Not even the god of destruction could possibly seek to destroy me. I am vital for the balance. This triumvirate is an excellent example. Both of you have strong peoples that worship you, both of you are strong gods. Emrys representing strenght, and you cunning. Or at least, that's what one would believe if one had seen your people. I, on the other hand, am not very powerful, but I am the bond through which you speak. I am your effective means of communication, and so shall be my part. The god of language is neutral, and can not possibly be anything else. I seek balance, for that is when language thrives"

___ continued in a tongue only meant for Noth.

"And you, friend, what are your plans for the people that can blend with the masses and travel from folk to folk? There has to be some greater purpose in having them speak all tongues, does there not?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

4. - Top - End - #154

MindFlayer

"Well put, my friend" Noth replied after listening to ___'s speech about his plans. Noth knew that ___ was right, all the other gods could fall and so could their people. ___ however was likely to remain some strenght no matter how things played out. An interesting approach to godhood no doubt.

Then he realized that ___ had continued, this time in another tounge that Noth realized was aimed only for him. As he opened his mouth to speak he discovered that he spoke the same tounge, for now at least, allowing no one but ___ to hear his answer.

"A greater purpose indeed" He admitted "My plan is actually not all the different from yours, although of a slightly different flavor. Let the other gods strive for physical might and worldy influence, I prefer to stay in the shadows so to speak. Watching, listening and planning without being noticed. The same goes for my people. Power is fleeting, the real currency of this world is information" Noth stopped, knowing that he'd revealed enough to be a suitible answer yet not much that ___ couldn't have guessed already.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

5. - Top - End - #155

Nixe, Goddess of the Sea

Descending to her spreading creations of the mortal coil, Nixe streams forth from the ocean that she gave life to onto the island the Nixiens called home. As her loyal children gathered around her a rare smile crept onto her face as she made sure as to pat each one on their head before speaking,

My children, it has been long since I've been back to visit you and many surprises you have in store for me I am sure but I came with good reason. Current events lead me to fear for your safety so I have arrived today to create a protector for you, one who will show no mercy should any try to harm you. This creature will know to not harm you so should any trouble come, flee to the waters you were born from and he shall protect you until I can arrive. Fear not my children for the Kraken shall be your protector for all eternity!"

With this Nixe spilt more of her blood into the sea around her, where as it contacted the crystal blue water it began to solidify and take on a massive be-tentacled shape. As the Kraken grew to its full size it let out a beastial roar before diving deep into the waters surrounding the island of the Nixiens.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 God Point Spent - Creating the Kraken

6. - Top - End - #156

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    The following actions, while terribly a-holey, have been approved Emperor Demonking. Keep in mind that I've mentioned earlier that Noth can sense and locate all of his creations even if they are hidden.

"I must bid you farewell for now, friend" Noth said to ___. "I will see you again soon so we may continue our discussion" That wasn't true and Noth knew it. Perhaps the language god would once again call him 'friend' some day, perhaps not. Other things were more important.

Noth quickly teleported between a few of his Nothans until he found the one carrying the white pearl. He quickly reclaimed it and then focused he senses to find the one carrying the black pearl. The Nothan's loyalty may have been divided but he was still Noth's creation.
    Luck seemed to be supporting the lord of the everchanging since he sensed the other Nothan not far away. He turned to other Nothans nearby and quickly instructed them before he teleported to ___'s disciple's location. With a thought he took away the Nothan's ability to change his shape and cast illusions. He was now nothing more then a normal creature.

Realizing what was happening ___'s disciple started running but other Nothans followed and he stood no chance agains his invisible, shape-changing brothers. The cought him within moments and pinned him to the ground. Each of his arms and legs were held by a Nothan and a fifth started to strangle him.
    Noth snatched the black pearl from his grip and now held both pearls in his hands.

As the world's first murder took place by his feet Noth looked at both pearls carefully and then spoke to them after telling the Nothan's to hide him and the pearls by their illusions.

"Now..." He said to the pearls with a vicious smile on his lips "Show me your power!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Two WP's spent on reclaiming one of the Nothans' powers.
    Sorry about the betrayl, guys. A god of deceit has a certain reputation to uphold after all. Nothing personal...
    Demonking: Noth chooses to active the pearls' power right away as I have a feeling that other gods might be dropping by soon...

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Faustling View Post
    As the pearl "spoke" Noth felt his power growing stronger. Not much though, most of the pearls' power apperantly remained within them. He tried to think quickly, how would he best turn the situation to his advantage? To make things even worse another god had connected to them.

Noth realized he needed more time to think, not to mention some sort of advantage. A few Nothans was watching them from a distance and Noth came up with a plan. It relied on the Nothans capicity to think for themselves but they had so far showed progress in that area.

Tapping into his powers Noth sent the white pearl flying from his hand at incredible speed, reaching the Nothans moments later. One of them took it and, just as he'd hoped, they all immediately went invisible and he could sense them splitting up and running in different directions. Not even Noth himself would be capable of finding the pearl now and the other gods certainly wouldn't.

"Do not worry" He said to his fellow gods, putting on his trustworthy face. "The pearls will be reunited. I just felt that we should deal with the matter of... ownership at first. There seem to be some disagreement regarding that"

Spoiler
    Show
    One worship point used to send the pearl flying.
    When I let the disciple carry away the pearl, I had this in mind (the bit in bold). You have specifically stated you would not be able to find the pearl, and not in character speech either. Speech could be a lie. This could not.

Besides, a single sound from the disciple would be enough to call ___ and have him stop the murder. Your actions would not work. Do not believe ___ did not expect betrayal, all was calculated.

As far as I know, it was never mentioned you could track your followers. It was in fact mentioned you couldn't. That I am sure of. Even if Emperor Demonking still agrees after having seen this specific statement, ___ would still appear to save his disciple, or at least the pearl.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-02-21 at 01:25 PM.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

8. - Top - End - #158

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
    When I let the disciple carry away the pearl, I had this in mind (the bit in bold). You have specifically stated you would not be able to find the pearl, and not in character speech either. Speech could be a lie. This could not. Besides, a single sound from the disciple would be enough to call ___ and have him stop the murder. Your actions would not work. Do not believe ___ did not expect betrayal, all was calculated.
    What I meant by the sentence you referred to was that he couldn't know exactly which Nothan had the pearl (since he didn't see which one took it), thus his teleporting around to find the right one in the beginning of my post but I guess I didn't make that totally clear.
    I guess we'll have to leave it up to Demonking as I asked him if my plan would work in a PM and he said it would.
    I really hope he rules in my favor as I suspect the alliance between Noth, ___ and Emrys could be a bit... chilly with this OOC-knowledge. I hope he comes online soon so we can settle this.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Noth can sense the Nothans but ___ could've reacted to what Noth was doing.

___ found himself aware that Noth was looking for the pearls, as Noth got the first of the pearls.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

___, moving at the speed of sound, thunders through plains and valleys, spreading the divine word. Suddenly, out of a bush, his disciple appears.
    Quickly, the god takes the pearl and travels to his private room in the god's plane.

11. - Top - End - #161

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    ___ found himself aware that Noth was looking for the pearls, as Noth got the first of the pearls.
    I accept that ___ might be able to save his disciple but why would he notice that Noth had gotten the first pearl back?

Anyone got any ideas on how to make my post make sense?

Geez, I'm starting to really regret coming up with this whole plan.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, I don't think any god should be able to sense any creature. Sure, the Nothans would answers Noth's call, but out of their own choice. That said, I really didn't think he could. If anything, I think Noth could only find the Nothans that worshipped him primarily, but that's already a bit of a stretch.

I don't think ___ could sense the happening either, I think ___ would hear his disciple call for help, but he wouldn't sense Noth gathering the first pearl. I've decided to roll with what that Emperor said, because he runs this game, but I do feel both decisions are rather flawed.

It's like when the pearls said Emrys should have the power. I felt that was rather flawed too. I mean, they seemed to imply he had accomplished more than other gods, but his creatures had simply reproduced more. I hardly think that's a measure for power. I don't even have creatures (as far as you have them, creations are communal) and I don't wish to have any either.

Oh, and you need not worry about the OOC chillyness, Faustling, we all knew OOC Noth was going to betray us. He is the god of deceit, after all. I just went with it because that's what ___ would do. That said, the new IC chillyness might be a thing to worry about. Shame, a triumvirate was a nice idea
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-02-21 at 01:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    In the first post where I mentioned that Noth could sense the Nothans I said I just assumed he could do it and since neither Demonking nor any players objected I went with it. Of course, this would mean that all gods could sense their own creations.
    Yeah, I kinda liked the triumvirate as well and I hesitated for a while whether to betray you guys or not but ultimately decided to do it. When I asked Demonking for permission I figured that I either betray you and end up with both pearls or not betray you and benefit from the triumvirate. Now my whole plan just blew up in my face. Stupid plan.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it was in character for you to betray us. I don't blame you. As for the sensing bit, I think I must have missed that, as I don't recall it. And creators sensing all their creations really sounds rather lame. It would make creations somewhat like their possessions

15. - Top - End - #165

MindFlayer

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't remember exactly where I wrote it but I think it's in a spoiler tag in one of my earlier posts.
    I figured it would be logical for gods to sense their creations as are somewhat parts of the gods themselves. Kinda similar to how ___ can detect what's being said since language is pretty much his creation.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xankul reappears on the world in the paradise. Right after he begins to gather the dead creatures bones. After that he animates them and lets them free to kill other creatures in the forest.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think its 1 DP for raising some dead antelopes and stuff. I think i have like 20 or something
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-22 at 08:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg comes down to rekill the attacking animals with his bare hands.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nosferatu beings to scout the world once more, appearing over the paradise as a murder of crows. Upon eying the constant rebirth and death of the creatures below, Nosferatu feels as though it must step in.

"Halt this abominable task at once." Nosferatu declares, anger clearly in its voice as it descends from the sky, taking the guise of a hooded figure.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

19. - Top - End - #169

"And why should I?"
    And i continuously animate dead things except this time I get them to attack Urg.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think ill be a necromancer.Spend a god point to allow me to animate them at will? or a few times a day?
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-22 at 10:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You can't. The only Necromancy in existance at this moment is in my Vanilias minds, and since I'm the God of Death you can't become one.

Frowning at this continued desecration of the eternal slumber, Nosferatu waits for the other god to act.
    The Emperor Protects

21. - Top - End - #171

((Really? Damn...and i spent a god point for nothing. Could i change it to the whole destruction domain spell list?))
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-22 at 10:23 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

((I wouldn't know. I don't think you spent the point though since its impossible for you to do what you desired to do.))
    The Emperor Protects

23. - Top - End - #173

((I edited it. I think it fits to use destruction domain spells[Also include the destruction spell]. Also in that case i think you can just take away those powers))
    Xankul watches Urg destroy the remaining skeletons.
    " I realise your the god of death. How about we make a deal? You give me the ability to reanimate the dead and i give you the ability to kill for more dead..."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Nice try.))

Frowning at Xankul, Nosferatu sighs.

"Life and death are not play things. There is a balance that must be maintained at all times. It is not allowed to disrupt this balance. I must decline your offer. I am sorry."
    The Emperor Protects

25. - Top - End - #175

"Bah.. Your like the rest of them... Peace loving fools, no ambition, grasping at straws, using so little of there full potential,"
    Xankul casts destruction at a random tree,
    ", at some point you will submit and allow me to grasp the power of DEATH!"
    Xankul stalks to the mountains.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys appears behind Xankul. Looking at the god of destruction, he shakes his head at him. Walking over, Emrys starts to walk beside him.

"Having problems getting what you want?"

27. - Top - End - #177

"Yes, apparently all gods are fools. Look at many of them, never using there true powers for a purpose... I think there will be a future problem with ___, and also with this Nosferatu..."
    Xankul scowls and casts disintegrate on a flying insect.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Hold your tounge when speaking like that, for I feel that ___ just seeks peace, and wants to spread the power of language. As for this Nosferatu I do not know him, what is the problem with him?"

At this Emrys' mind started to calculate, and as he started to form a plan, he let a small smile form on his lips. Relizeing this, he made it into a smile of friendship at Xankul.

29. - Top - End - #179

"When you said the words 'peace' and having something to do with respect in the same sentence you have been lowered in my eyes... Nosferatu does not realise that together we could create a vast undead army! With his help we could slaughter the lands people and raise a large undead army!! There must be other lands to destroy, and in these lands other people. I have killed more and Nosferatu has gained more dead!"

Xankul's yellow eyes are now a bright crimson red.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg plants seeds and tends to his forest to pass time.

(Blah I might as well be a god of nature since I don't really have a reason to care about fighting anyone.)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-02-22 at 11:19 PM.