New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

"What is the point of killing all things, if afterwords you have just bordem to satisfy you for the rest of eternity!!

......I am sorry...I should not have raised my voice. I did not say that I try the same as ___, but I respect his views because he is a fellow being with the power to create or destroy just like us. Do you wish to be known throughout time as the god that was dishonored?"

Emrrys then extended a hand out to him, offering him to shake it.

"I come to you in peace my friend, please let us have no querral between us, for if you want to change the world, why fight me when we can benifet each other?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Well technicoly you could interact with my people, they are basically going to become a people of war, because in their mindset they think they are better then all, so you could help them there??
    Last edited by ReluctantReaper; 2008-02-22 at 11:23 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

The seed that Urg is planting is destroyed.
    "That doesn't suit you Urg... From what i saw you are a warrior. Not a gardener. Join me on my quest to conquer them all, to conquer all other gods that will oppose us. We have... mutual interests. War and Destruction fit side by side, one hand in another. Why not join me?

Xankul hears Emry's response.
    "Yes... Why not join each other? I think that its a wise. It is true that ___ is most likely the most powerful god. If he did not exist imagine society, true chaos. Thinking about your words, its true. There will be nothing left once I destroy everything. But there is one problem here. My creations, these Hobgoblins begin to bore me. I am thinking of what to do with them, they take to long to grow and i run out of patience. It is to much effort to solve all their arguments, referring to the codice for every single quarrel or dispute. I think because I have never made direct contact with them... Another could be there god, this other could be you. In the book i have written of the near coming of god but have been to lazy to actually join them. After a while i think that destruction should remain true to destruction, not law."
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-22 at 11:37 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

There is thunder in the mountaisn that night. ___ has returned to his disciples among the Hobgoblins to check on their progress. Much has changed since his last visit. The Hobgoblins have become a warlike people, riding beasts and forging weapons deep within the mountain. They hunger for war, but no opponent has been given to them, no goal. It is as if their god has abandoned them.

Even though they are frustrated, the Hobgoblins still honour whatever entity created them, and they still worship the codex. The codex, see, is the unification of their both gods. Their creator has written it, and in it they can read his commandements (though he has never quite made any, only tips for forging metal and such). The book however, also represents ___, the god who gave them the power to read and write. The Hobgoblins can not speak and communicate by grunting, which causes many misunderstandings among them, but they can write, and those few disciples of ___ among them have spent their time gathering their history and primitive philosophies in an immense library.

While deep in the mountains lie the magnificent forges, here, near the top, lies a huge room, walls hacked out into shelves to stack the books on, and in the centre of the room a stone altar, on which the librarians wrote and honoured ___. The library was equiped with huge steel doors, much like the throneroom of their king, to prevent any damage should a disaster arise. The forges were not equipped with such doors, since nothing there couldn't be regained by a bit of work. The libraries works were unique, and irreplacable.

Here ___ appeared, to his four librarians and all it's visitors (there were quite a lot of them, since reading was one of the Hobgoblins sole sources of entertainement).

"Hobgoblins, I have returned to thee! You have done well, building up these thick volumes of lore, and these studies of the codex. You have become indepent thinkers, as you needed to channel your warlike urges some way. Now that you have achieved this wonderful library, I feel it is time to give you my next gift. The gift of speech!"

There was a loud thunderclap, echoeing through the halls and tunnels of the mountain, and then ___ was gone. But the Hobgoblins had learned to speak. this was a glorious day, and they would celebrate.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

4. - Top - End - #184

H

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: H

Personality:

H is a generally a calm, soft-spoken man. He always seems to take his time answering questions, and he enjoys playing with light, creating flames, rings, halos, and other means of displaying his power. He is sometimes irritating to other gods as he loses himself in his hobby, hardly paying attention to other deities unless they truly have something important to say. He seems to enjoy doing this when he thinks he knows their words are empty, and attempts at being mildly irritating towards them until they decide to reveal their purpose or tell him more.

Appearance:

H generally wears a silver robe, draped around him to his feet. Generally, he seems to be displacing himself as he walks. It looks like the light emanating from other places are drawn and reflected from him. As a result, he hardly is able to maintain a disguise or shadows to hide himself. In fact, shadows cower as the man drifts, and disguises unveil themselves as he uses that displacement power to get himself into a seat. His face, none can see it. It radiates an aura of light, and only the features of his smile seems to appear, the rest is only the outline of the visage, and the white skin surrounded by the almost golden glow.

Domain: Light.

Light: such a simple, and yet powerful concept. As H descends upon the world, he observes the forests, the mountains, the marsh, then the people. He walks for a while around the plane, leaving only afterimages of light, a faint blur behind him. Going to the caves of the gnomes, he looks upon them, treading on their land. His voice, soft-spoken, rises so as to be heard by the 15 gnomes:

"You seem to lack faith in the world, poor creatures. Even though thou are keenest of the creatures to research and discover. "

With those words, he lifts his hands in mid-air. A mighty tunnel opens in the caves, like a huge chimney of reflecting mirrors drawing in the light of the sun and illuminating the caves with the bright rays of the warm sunlight. (1 DP)

"With light, comes knowledge. Heed my words, harken to them, and you will become mighty in your own right."

With that, he disappears from the sight of the gnomes, leaving their caves and going to the mountains of the hobgoblins. There, at the bottom of the mountain range, he goes to the northwards-most tip of them, and escalates to a great height. There, he lifts his arms and closes his eyes once more.

As he does so, the tip of the mountain slowly crumbles and the snow slowly drifts away. Rocks expands outwards from the cliff face, making something similar to a great rectangle out of both sides of the mountain top. The top part becomes flat, and a range of stairs start crawling down the mountain, forming out of the rock with solid man-sized steps. The rectangle that is formed out of this divine power seems to reach about 30 meters in length, 20 in width and its depth falls a clean 90 degree angle towards the bottom-most of that area.
    (2 DP)

Taking a deep breath, struggling from the effort, the aura of light around the god dims slightly so that the eyes are almost apparent. Ignoring this, he claps his hands together, like a prayer. Then directing them towards the smooth flat surface of the rectangle of rock now sitting like an eagles nest among the mountains.

"Rise."

The stone begins to shatter and break, they start forming bricks, bricks that rise and keep rising. A great round medieval looking tower forms itself and stands tall on the pinnacle of rock that H has just made. The about 50m. tall tower overlooks most of the land, and it has been made habitable with rooms On either side of the rock outside the tower, room is made for some tilled earth and beautiful, blessed fruit-producing trees are placed there. (2 DP)

H looks fairly exhausted by then, his clear amber eyes are visible, even though bright, and his mouth outline is now clear. It seems exhaustion reduces his ability to draw in light. But nevertheless, he now takes what looks like a vial of light from inside his robes and smashes it on the ground. Mumbling to himself some odd incantation or ritual as the liquid light spreads, he calls forth his power as a god and summons his people to him, 10 specimen of his design, ready to inhabit his tower and feed on his fruits.

They were called the Luminati, and they were beings of light, fragile and frail, the citizens. And others were strong and unyielding, the protectors. Yet they both had grace with them, and they hovered around the ground of their new dwelling like ghosts.

And inside the tower, H climbed. Going to the summit, opening the trapdoor to the room made for one purpose, he goes inside and examines it. It was roughly circular with a 10 meter diameter. And, already at his limit, he summons what power he can to place reflecting mirrors around the room and a giant light absorbing crystal that would release its light during the night, becoming this world's first beacon. (6 WP = 1 DP (crystal)+ 1 WP(mirrors))

With that, H beckons farewell to his people and enters back into the God's plane.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-02-23 at 08:46 AM.
    A Revenant

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Each race created found that they had five extra members, half of these members found themselves drawn to going to the valley of wonders while half went to Ug's land.

These two groups found themselves given magic when they were at thier point. They found themselves thinking of each other as the same and that they wanted to stay. Then they were left alone.

6. - Top - End - #186

Xankul seeing the new mountain decides to travel there.
    Once he reaches there he decides to destroy one step of every 5 on the large stair case as he climbs it.

After a while traveling undisturbed he reaches the top. He goes through a door and looks around.

Destroying some bricks in the wall he grows bored and eventually finds the trapdoor to the room with the crystal in it.
    "What do we have here?"
    He moves towards the stone and grabs it.

((Waiting for something to happen. Hurry up. Hurry!!! HURRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111 .roar))

Xanul grasps it and attempts to destory it with his magical power.(Use destruction) After using his most powerful spells many times he finally destroys the crystal.(Hey i gave you like 37 minutes and Emperor Demonking asked where the god of destruction was and you were online the whole time.). After he leaves taking some of the shattered pieces with him.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-23 at 09:49 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

A wind stalks the tower. It howls, and resonates off the mirrors, making it's way inside.

"Greetings" the wind spoke.
    "You have only just been created, my dear creatures, but here I am, ___, the god of language. I shall grant you a gift. use it well, and remember me, honour me"

There was a loud bang and all the mirrors shook, the Luminati trembled. But then they noticed that they could now speak. They had been granted language.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

8. - Top - End - #188

Xankul travels down the tower looking at the shards of the crystal
    "I wonder if it's any use... Ahh whatever they look fancy"
    As he travels down he hears the voice of ___
    "Hey ___ get down here!"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzin View Post
    Xankul travels down the tower looking at the shards of the crystal
    "I wonder if it's any use... Ahh whatever they look fancy"
    As he travels down he hears the voice of ___
    "Hey ___ get down here!"
    There is a thunderclap and ___ appears before Xankul in the form of an old scribe.
    "You summoned me?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon appeared before her people, floating in midair "Amazons, i come to you bearing a new gift." she raised her hand, and a bright light shone from her palm "Those women amongst you now possess great strength, to aid in your virtuous pursuits, one of which i will now relay to you." she descended to the ground and spread out a scroll with some basic architectural blueprints "this is a grand temple-fort, dedicated to order and valor. build it in my name, to further honor, and to have a proper home city, a glorious point in a dark world."

(using a god point to give the women strength. about how long will it take to build the temple? there is stone available on the grassland.)
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

11. - Top - End - #191

"You know what these things are?? There pissing me off, I really wanna kill one."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

"You know what these things are?? There pissing me off, I really wanna kill one."
    "Hmmmm. No, I do not know. You could ask them, though. I have granted them speech. They call themselves the Luminati. The newest god created them. You realise you should see whom I call the creator, right? He called for you. I heard. I hear everything"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

^^^ Shall we say 1 day in real time.

14. - Top - End - #194

"Bahh..He'll have to come to me. Im not going when theres much to find/kill here. Anyways if he's the omnicent person that we all are, he'll be able to find me quiet easily."
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-23 at 10:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    ^^^ Shall we say 1 day in real time.
    damn that's fast work.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bahh..He'll have to come to me. Im not going when theres much to find/kill here. Anyways if he's the omnicent person that we all are, he'll be able to find me quiet easily."
    "Well spoken. It's not because he might have created us we should dance to his tune"

17. - Top - End - #197

" Agreed..."
    Xankul leaves after to the god plane.

18. - Top - End - #198

Xankul spends on WP to disguise himself as a Lizardfolk.

He begins to mingle with the Lizardfolk attempting to find a group of them who have different intents than Emry's.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys returns to the earth, and takes the form of a bird. Flying slowly around, he landed on a tree. As he looked down, he saw that his people had built huts, and had also started to use spears. Happy that they were makeing progress without him telling them how to do everything Emrys looked around. Seeing all the lizard folk he had he again was very happy. Emrys felt that it was time to now start his people's legends. Glanceing to a part of the marsh, Emrys flew over, before turning invisible to mortal. Turning into his lizardfolk form, he bent down and drew up some mud. Debating what to do with it, he slowly tossed it hand to hand. Walking around slowly he looked at his people, watching them he slowly figured out what he wanted to give them. Useing a bit of the mud, Emrys made ten deer, yet these deer were larger then normal deer, and stronger. Emrys then appeared before his people, before they could attack and eat the new animals.

"I have made these animals for you for beast's of burden. They shall pull carts for you, and once old and frial, still be good to eat."

Emrys then went invisible to them, before slowly walking through them, not touching a single one, before he stopped, and useing a divine point, he created five more beings of his race. He then took them into his hand, and dissapered with them, before reappering in Ung's forest.

20. - Top - End - #200

Looking at the new animals Xankul decides that he will grant his people divine magics. He leaves to the mountains, not before attempting to kill one of the beasts(Disintegrate!!). After he arrives he goes into the caves for the first time and goes to the first Hobgoblin he see. He touches the hobgoblins head transferring knowledge on how to use destructive spells to him. And then punches the hobgoblin unconscious so he forgets Xankul came in here.

After he gifts his people with the power to be able use divine spells.

(1wp to transfer the basic spells and stuff, and 1 dp to allow them to use spells)

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys sets the people down, and quickly teachs them what his people already know. He then goes back to the god's plane.

22. - Top - End - #202

I write in my book a command to send out 8 warriors mounted on worgs with swords and shields out to move towards the marsh. They must never move into the marsh, just observer and after 2 hours they should go back to the mountain to report anything they saw with the Lizard folk.

Xankul once again uses his Lizardfolk disguise to sneak in and recruit more to his traitor group((Suicide bombin!!! Prepare explosive runes on them and make them run in))

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

I write in my book a command to send out 8 warriors mounted on worgs with swords and shields out to move towards the marsh. They must never move into the marsh, just observer and after 2 hours they should go back to the mountain to report anything they saw with the Lizard folk.

Xankul once again uses his Lizardfolk disguise to sneak in and recruit more to his traitor group((Suicide bombin!!! Prepare explosive runes on them and make them run in))
    I don't get it. How would you convince lizardfolk of killing themselves to kill more lizardfolk? They don't really have a reason to...

24. - Top - End - #204

((It was a joke. If i was serious id use dominate monster or something, hey thats not a bad idea. Use Charm person on one of them so they will think there better than god himself and group together the ones who think the same way))
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-23 at 01:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

(Can you give a reason why they're joining you?)

26. - Top - End - #206

((There supremacist's or something. Just act and pretend to suck up to some Lizard folk who thinks hes better than there god. Soon enough he might start organizing some retarded rebellion against there creator and easy enough you can probably control someone like that. Make them think its there idea))

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg looked closely at the enchanted people in his paradise studying their mannerisms. They were the first people that had ever came with the intent of staying. He brought them food and gave them a tour of his land. Then he tried to figure out what powers each had.

"You people who have come here are welcome to stay because I have had not had any visitors until now however I ask that you do not put any other gods before me. This land is large enough for all your needs so you will have no unfulfilled desires."

Urg showed them how to build houses made of wood and built one for them.
    Urg then decided to call ___ to his new people and asked him if he could teach them how to speak since he wanted to know them better. In return he would give ___ some fruits and animals or a block of stone.

(Can I find out which ones have powers and what they are? Also could I get a list of each race I've got? There's a bunch now including light people that just came up.)

Urg told Xankul he might help him if he did not attack his new people and if he did they'd probably have to come to blows. :/
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-02-23 at 01:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

You have Emrys's fiv lizard folk.

You have 5 gnomes, 5 lizard folk, 5 hobgoblins, 5 amazons, 5 of those necromancers and 5 light creatures.
    Same powers as 1st level sorcerers and 1st level druids.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: Sorry that I haven't been more active. I am going to put up a bunch of posts tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing that his people had the gift of magic Urg told them to cast unseen servant to help with their building of homes and gathering of food. He told them not to waste excess food or animals and to acknowledge their druid tie to nature.

The last thing Urg said was that they were all equal regardless of what they looked like or could do and that disputes should be brought to him.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/unseenServant.htm
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-02-23 at 02:44 PM.