New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in emptiness-The world

Xankul appears at Urg's paradise.
    "Urg... Surrender control of those Hobgoblins. They are mine. If you keep them i will kill them and destroy your forest, or you hand them over and i let them live."

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't think you should be giving me orders. The rest of the gods probably don't like you much after they saw you destroying everything. All I did was create. Besides I'm a god of strength both physical and mental. I could just as easily destroy your people with my bare hands as you could destroy mine with your magic. If you destroy my forest I'll cave in your mountains or persuade someone else to. I have way more to offer everyone else with my vast resources.

We can always settle this through a trial by combat. It'd give me a reason to put on my fighting gauntlets."

(OOOOOH FIGHTING GAUNTLETS!! lol)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-02-23 at 03:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213

"Do you think sheer force can fight magic? I have arcane powers you cannot even comprehend!!"
    He casts a disintegrate at you. (I'm pretty sure you could dodge that)
    Then he casts contagion on you.(Shakes is the diseas i choose)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

"NO ONE MAKES ME SHAKE!"
    Urg shouts loudly hoping the God's will hear "COME ONE, COME ALL! SEE THE FIGHT OF THE AGES!"

Urg jumps at Xankul wherever he may be and attempts to grapple him hoping to bend him into a pretzel. If there are any hobgoblins around to help Xankul, Urg will jump while holding on to him to a spot out of reach.

(I'm just going to attempt to restrain you but I figured I'd make it epic.)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-02-23 at 04:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215

Xankul does not waste time on banter and immediately uses destruction on you (you probably save but alot of damage is dealt). And then Xankul worms out of your grasp and fires another disintegrate.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-23 at 04:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm waiting for DemonKing to judge this. If Xankul does manage to worm his way out Urg will attempt to punch him in the throat and then choke him.

7. - Top - End - #217

To bad im skeletal(Lich)

Also Demon king never comes on right now, and if you got destructioned i don't think you can grapple me.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-23 at 04:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    I'm waiting for DemonKing to judge this. If Xankul does manage to worm his way out Urg will attempt to punch him in the throat and then choke him.
    Not when theres a disintegrate flying right at you.
    Anyways I spent a God Point to give myself Magic, you have spent it on this forest.

9. - Top - End - #219

H

As H descends to the world, he looks at the damage done, the broken mirrors and the destroyed crystal and steps. He smiles wearily. He had tried to do too much, in too little time.

"It seems this place wasn't as safe as I intended it to be."

He turns to his people and helps them mend the stairs and mirrors. His hands turning the rocks inside out and remaking them, touching the mirrors as they recreate themselves. The Great Crystal, however, was assembled in its place, with all its shattered pieces, and could only shine during the day, having lost its power of being the beacon in the darkness.
    (1 WP)

Then his people started to speak to him. He seemed fairly surprised by the ability, and he asks them:

"And who brought you this gift, my people?"

It was ___. It seemed he had the power to bestow the ability to speak... perhaps to write. Or perhaps was he the god of communication. ___ had been here, had given his people this gift, and all the mirrors were shattered.

"I think I know him."

He gets up, then moves, his robes flowing in the sun. He goes to the trees and picks fruits from them, handing them to his followers.

"Eat and grow strong."

He was about to leave for the godplane, then he turned his head sideways and breathed deeply.

"One more thing. Who was the one to destroy the stairs... and more importantly, the crystal?"

There was no name. Just an image. The image of a skull and a creature of the undead. H smiles slightly and goes back to the god's plane. He was new, he was bound to make mistakes.
    A Revenant

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
    H

As H descends to the world, he looks at the damage done, the broken mirrors and the destroyed crystal and steps. He smiles wearily. He had tried to do too much, in too little time.

"It seems this place wasn't as safe as I intended it to be."

He turns to his people and helps them mend the stairs and mirrors. His hands turning the rocks inside out and remaking them, touching the mirrors as they recreate themselves. The Great Crystal, however, was assembled in its place, with all its shattered pieces, and could only shine during the day, having lost its power of being the beacon in the darkness.
    (1 WP)

Then his people started to speak to him. He seemed fairly surprised by the ability, and he asks them:

"And who brought you this gift, my people?"

It was ___. It seemed he had the power to bestow the ability to speak... perhaps to write. Or perhaps was he the god of communication. ___ had been here, had given his people this gift, and all the mirrors were shattered.

"I think I know him."

He gets up, then moves, his robes flowing in the sun. He goes to the trees and picks fruits from them, handing them to his followers.

"Eat and grow strong."

He was about to leave for the godplane, then he turned his head sideways and breathed deeply.

"One more thing. Who was the one to destroy the stairs... and more importantly, the crystal?"

There was no name. Just an image. The image of a skull and a creature of the undead. H smiles slightly and goes back to the god's plane. He was new, he was bound to make mistakes.
    Just to be clear on this, ___ didn't break the mirrors. They merely trembled because he was present (he appeared in the form of a soundwave, see).

___ appears where Xankul and Urg are fighting. He ignores the fight, as it does not concern him now, and asks: "You summoned me, Urg? You wish me to teach your people in trade for fruit? Know two things: most of your people have already been granted speech by me, and I do not work for fruit. If I want fruit, I can take it. I work for worshippers, or simply out of friendship. A block of stone will not buy my services"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys gathers up one of his people and flies to the mountains. He goes inside the forest, and then starts to talk to his follower about the world and everything that is happening in it.

12. - Top - End - #222

((I figured as much, which is why I just stated it rather matter-of-fact-ly, rather than point the finger towards ___))
    A Revenant

13. - Top - End - #223

Looking once again at the shining beacon he stops his fight with Urg and leaves to the god plane.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

After talking and explaining everything to the lizard man, Emrys nodded, for it was now time to complete the transformation. Standing overtop of his lizardman, he put his hands over him, before muttering to himself. Energy flew from the surrounding area, and into the lizard man's body, causeing him grow, and slowly change form. After many minutes the lizardman was no more, now he had changed into something more. He was now a fullygrown black dragon. The dragon took flight, and then followed Emrys, flying back to the marsh's he showed them to all the other Lizardfolk.

"This being shall be your gaurdian, and in the future the main source of word from your god, Dracul!"

With that emrys dissappered the the mortal eye and watched the world, wondering what else was going on. The dragon then slowly walked into the marsh, before sinking under the water, and finding a home.

(1 god point on dragon.)

15. - Top - End - #225

H

Going to the tower, he uses one of the remaining empty rooms to create a place of worship. He places there symbols of his faith in the middle of the circular room, then adds all around on the side several spots for other gods. And on one of the pedestals, he places the name ___.

"You can come place your symbols of faith on this altar whenever you want, ___."
    A Revenant

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

A strong wind whirls around the tower. Once more ___ visits. This time he appears in the form of an old scribe. He pulls out his scroll and reads the words he spoke earlier today. Writing. Right. More libraries, more codexes, more notes, scribblings, lore. ___ couldn't be happier.

"Folk of the tower, I have returned. It has only been a short time since my first visit, but still, I have returned. Your creator has asked me too, and I am a kind god. I will grant you the gift of writing, one that you will use to the fullest, I am sure"

There was a sound as if a shift of rock, and for a moment it seemed the tower would crash down, but it was only sound, after all. As the Luminati looked up, ___ had gone. But he had left the gift of written language behind in their minds.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-02-23 at 06:12 PM.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

If he had told us we could spend god points on ourselves I would have. :/

Plus disintegrates/blah/blah flying doesn't mean much because if you want to use dnd rules I auto succeed grapple and instantly stop you from casting spells since your strength must suck as a caster and so should your ac. Since strength in dnd is used for attack rolls I'd do even better. And when hit from disintegrate all I have to do is roll a fort save which I should easily be able to win being a god of strength/endurance. Plus when does having magic make you better fighting wise? It's an alternate form of attack not a stat buffer and we could've waited but you decided to pretend you auto-succeed everything. Who cares if he's not on, don't attack me first then? Really you just bs everything. You want dnd powers but you want real time fighting? How can you instantly break a grapple with no harm to yourself and then cast a spell at the same time without needing to get any distance?

Anyway, Urg keeps talking to his people after the fight ends not really caring because Xankul apparently did not destroy his goblins or forest or he would've made a post about it. He taught his people to swim, fish using nets and rods and showed them that they could make boats by making one himself which was mostly just a big raft. He told them to share everything they knew with each other in case someone missed something or learned something else from their previous home.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-02-23 at 06:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    If he had told us we could spend god points on ourselves I would have. :/
    I only realised that it was allowed at some point and regretted wasting 2 points on my retarded HobGoblins
    If i had know earlier how much more powerful could my god be...

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzin View Post
    I only realised that it was allowed at some point and regretted wasting 2 points on my retarded HobGoblins
    If i had know earlier how much more powerful could my god be...
    I regret nothing! My next god point is going to be spent giving the men clerical abilities.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by The Faceless View Post
    I regret nothing! My next god point is going to be spent giving the men clerical abilities.
    I spent a divine point on it. I think you should use a DP instead. your choice

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzin View Post
    I spent a divine point on it. I think you should use a DP instead. your choice
    GP = More clericitude. Plus i want to preserve sexual equality, even if they are specializing in different roles, and god point strength is probably going to outshine divine point cleric magic, at least in battle.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

22. - Top - End - #232

By alot. I dont remember how many DP one GP is worth.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

4 worship points is one divine point, and ten is one god point, so thats at least two and a half times the power, likely more.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Pixie in the Playground

Concerned for his tardigrades, to be taken from him, he thought that not only the gods could do this; but also the other inhabitants. His recently obtained power, he thought, is a solution to this.

"My people do not need the real world to survive. They need time. So forth I decree, my people will no longer inhabit the real world. They shall be incorporeal, living in what they survive on; time."

Thus, it was so. All Adoxin's tardigrades became incorporeal. They observe the real world, but do not interact with it, or can be interacted with. In the time stream itself of the world. The hive mind, praising Adoxin for the gift, gave rise to their name; The Animalia Ecdysozoa Panarthropoda Tardigrada Temporis, the Prodatemps for short. They took to dominance of the time streams, studying it, growing. More of the mind to take into full comprehension of their existence.

NB, There is no leader in the Prodatemps, moreso each one acts as part of one larger brain. They hoard together due to this link.

OOC: 1GP spent to pull the Prodatemps into the time stream.
    Last edited by luciel; 2008-02-23 at 08:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Urg decided to now to teach his people how to make bows using the wood from a tree and the sinew of an antelope and practice archery. He also took some stone and shaped it with his hands into blades which could be used for shovels, spears or knives to cut wood and distributed them to his people.

Finally he used his power to create 5 horses and taught his people how they could be ridden and used for hard labor. They were to be bred and protected, not to be eaten.

(1wp we got a while ago)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-02-24 at 01:33 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236

H

H looked down from the tower onto the far fields below. His eyes narrowed as he watches something gathering, something like a dark aura. He could feel the powerful entity approaching. Yet, that power was akin to his. He walks down the tower slowly, reaching to the top of the stairs and simply waits as a grin appears on his face.

Someone was coming home.
    A Revenant

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

I arrives in the mortal world.

"Shabby." She thinks to herself.

She summons a book on illusionary spells, which seems to crawl out of the shadows and take form in her hands. She opens it quickly, turning a few pages. She closes her eyes lightly and the book returns to a shadow form which seems to melt into her own shadow.

Opening her eyes slowly she looks around and sighs.

"Now where can I find him." Just as the thought of wasting time on looking for him starts to dawn on her she feels somewhat blinded by a repulsively extreme brightness coming from the mountain in the corner of her eye.

"Eurg, how terribly horrid, I see nothing has changed, he's still completely overthetop when it comes to lighting things up..." She tuts lightly and decides to use her newly learnt spell, Shadow Walk.

As she reaches the top of the dreadfully, unccessarily high steps, she looks around to find an almost blinding city. If she didn't hate light, she would have been in awe. I slowly creeps around the shadows of the building, giving them unatural darkness. A path dims around her as she walks towards the tower.

As she approaches she sees H, waiting patiently, with the same bright smile he usually wears in such occasions.

"Cut it out H, this isn't some giddy family reunion! I'll be to the point.."

(God Point used on learning Illusionary Spells)

28. - Top - End - #238

H

"Now what could I do for my dearest 'sister'?"

H only grins more brightly. I had not changed one bit. And quite obviously she had gone through some transformations. The way she moved was strange and unfamiliar to him.

He seems to look around.

"These are my people, the Luminati. How do you like them?"

He looks at I.

"Oh but where are my manners. Since you seem to want something of me, and you don't have anywhere of your own, how about you delve inside this rock here." He taps his sandal on the smooth flat surface. "I'm sure inside would be cool and dark enough for you."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-02-24 at 04:59 AM.
    A Revenant

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

I sniggers.

"The Luminati? I suppose they come with glowing skin? But at least they seem able to speak and write"

She looks down at the rock.

"It needs to be reinforced brother. But I will take care of that myself. You don't mind if I help myself to your people, do you?"

"Well, whilst you mull over that thought brother, I think I'll start developing the inside of the rock if that alright?"

I doesn't wait for a response a looks for an agreable spot for an entrance, she gets down and touches the rock with the tip of her fingers. Shadows crawl under her hand and expands until they form a dark ornate trapdoor. As she slides inside the dark tunnel, she touches various places along the corridor to form various rooms, as well as making a few deeper levels until she stops at the end of the last corridor and creates a dark but richly decorated room, her "den". Feeling satisfied with the decor and feel of it she creates a private set of stairs out of the inside of the rock.

Finally, finding herself back outside of the rock, she does a final incantation to fortify it, and seems that for a spilt second the darkness and shadows from inside the stone suddenly wrapped themselves around the exterior facades.

(1 Divine Point to build inside the rock)
    (1 Divine Point to fortify the rock)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Pixie in the Playground

Descending from the overworld, in rejoice for them naming themselves he decided to aid their growth, aid their intelligence. The more of them there are, the larger the hive mind. He blessed them by increasing their growth rate ten fold.

OOC:
    Convert 4WP to 1DP
    1DP - Increase the Prodatemps growth rate by ten fold. Maturity in 2h24min, 10bpd (bifurcations per day).