New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Gods in emptiness- The god's plane

Appearing back in his own room, Dracul, or Emrys appered smiling in his lizard form. Decideing that he liked this, he changed his size to that of 7 feet for when he was in the plane. Walking into the main room through the door, he looked at everyone there.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drago View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC I think it should have cost Wh'le one god point to make the dragons. They seems a little simple compared to the rest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ((Perhaps, though I think I'll leave it this way, they are rather powerful, though it has not been shown yet.))

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Noth reappeared from the exact spot he'd left a few minutes earlier and walked over to the language god.

"Good ___, may I speak with you in private?" He asked and gesticulated towards an empty room next to them.

If ___ agreed he would've come one step closer to launching his plan. Not to mention that the god could be a useful ally in the future. To Noth, the concepts of deceit and language were cousins. He knew no other form of language then that used to decive others.
    Last edited by Faustling; 2008-02-17 at 01:36 PM.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon sat at the long table, then snapped her fingers to conjure an illusion of the planet the deities were meant to oversee. she frowned, then put a finger on an empty area, a good deal away from the other creations that had been made "There." she murmured, then vanished, only to reappear a few moments later.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Looking up at the Illusion, Emrys looked at Balthazon, and nodded in approval. Walking over to his chair he sat down, his tail curling around one of the legs. Sighing he took a breath, trying to get his energy, he had done a great deal today. Looking around for the skeleton Xankul he frowned wondering where the home stealer was.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awakening, Deneral stretches his arms out shaking away the eternal slumber. The room was plain except for the mound of earth and the ornate door. Turning his attentiong towards the door he gazes upon it, taking in the intricate carvings of castles, the marching armies in between, showing the order and discipline the might of kings and emperors brings about.

On the wall is an equally ornate sword. With a golden hilt embedded with with three jewels glowing a pleasant blue. Taking it from the wall he removes it from the scabbard testing the blade's balance before returning it to it's holder, and putting the swordbelt around his waist.

He steps out into the main room and looks about to see who is present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

"___, would when you have a moment would you come with me to grant my race language. I would prefer if I was present," Garal asked. Turning to Wh'le he said, "Wh'le, your dragons are magnificent, but I'm sure they will come to need a home. They may live in my new created grove if you wish, just as long as the help keep it safe."
    This post courtesy of you local Happy Happyist. Blue, blue!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, you may talk to me in private, Noth"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon raised an eyebrow at Emrys, but said nothing. She conjured a sheet of paper, quill, and inkwell, and began to draw and write upon the surface, planning how to make the area she had just created fit for habitation, looking at the illusion model of the sphere occasionally.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could come with you, Garal, but know that I have certain demands"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

11. - Top - End - #71

MindFlayer

Noth walked into the room and ___ followed closely behind him. Before Noth turned around he rearranged his face into his most trustworthy and persuading one. Looking at ___ he began to speak.

"You have already choosen one of my people as a disciple and that is something I believe we both benefit from. Now I ask of you a favor that will also gain us both" Noth paused and leaned against the wall. Totally relaxed, that's how you persuade people.

"I wish for my Nothons to be able to communicate with the others. If you would give them the gift to speak any language I will help you spread your word..." He stopped and laughed for moment. "Pardon the pun. Spread your word across the world"

"What do you think?"
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

12. - Top - End - #72

"Garal, the dragons shall make their decision on where to live themselves, though I suspect they will chose to live among the clouds. I will defend the grove regardless of their decision, so long as I count you among my friends."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dracul stood up from his chair, and turned before suddenly disappering. Severel minutes later he returned, and sat down in his chair again.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

"This will have me call upon a great deal of power, Noth, twice for the same species. But I would be willing to do it. Communication between the different species is good for the development of language anyhow. I will expect some worship of your people, though not as much as they will worship you, I imagine. Consider it done, my friend"

15. - Top - End - #75

MindFlayer

"That is acceptable. I would imagine some of them already worship you since you gave them their langauge" Noth smiled, it was a cheap price to pay. "I will strive to spread the language"

He quickly bowed and disapeared. Only a few more things to do on the plan.

16. - Top - End - #76

Spoiler
    Show
    Crap, you guys are fast.

What was Mithras? A man's spirit trapped within a suit of black steel plate armor, or armir given a soul? Pah, it mattered not to Mithras as he slept.

Mithras awoke in his room, and studied it carefully, and to his surpise, his studying of his room seemed as natural as breathing is to lesser beings.

His room was slightly grim, Mithras thought, with weapons and armor of all kinds stacked against the grey stone walls. Replacing the left wall of his room was a large forge, currently, it barely emitted sparks, but Mithras somehow knew that it would be full of fire and work someday.

In the middle of his room was a anvil, with a hammer atop it. It was then that Mithras knew his purpose. To forge. To build the greatest of weapons, and mightiest of armors. Mithras picked up his hammer, and thrust open his room's door with a mighty clang. He knew that their were beings other than himself near.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course Wh'le, your creations are always welcome in my grove." Garal smiled. "Now ___, what would those demands be?"
    Last edited by Drago; 2008-02-17 at 02:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Xankul Reappears at the god's plane, He looks around at the new people, then returns to his room
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-17 at 02:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

"I wish worship, mainly, and devotion to language. Do you agree? And if you do, do you have any particular language in mind for your people?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon looked at the sphere on the table, then vanished again. this time she was gone for a longer time, reappearing afterwards looking thoroughly drained "Tonight i will visit them and teach them." she whispered. "Teach them... what is important." she looked around the room, observing her fellow gods and wondering how the world would turn out, hoping to find an ally, or at least someone who didn't oppose everything she stood for and represented.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Those aren't much for demands ___, I would expect no less, I would like them to speak their own language, Gnomish. Come we will speak more in my grove, I have a few things to complete yet."

22. - Top - End - #82

With a strain of regret, the universe created a new god. The old man was hunched over, leaning all his weight on his cane. His first acts were witnessed by the others, before he turned to the main audience chamber. With a gleeful cackle and an old man jig, he introduced himself.

"I'm Jasper, made a few interesting changes to your world."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Seeing Balthazon return, Dracul stood, before walking over to her. Standing by her he spoke, in a slightly rough and reptillian voice.

"I am pleasssed to make your aquantenccce. I am Dracul, the god of the Lizardfolk, what is your name?"

At this, he slowly started to turn back into his human form. Once completed, he continued to await her response.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I am Balthazon, Deity of Chivalry. It is an honor to meet you Dracul." she got out of her seat and bowed to him curtly "How are you finding yourself and this new world?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I find I enjoy bringing life to it yet..some of the others are quite and annyoance.."

With that he looked at the old man on his walking stick called Jasper, and glared at him. At this moment, he turned himself once more into his Lizard form. Focusing on Balthazon once more he spoke.

"How do you find thisssss world?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

"pleasant enough, though a little... sparse right now." she gestured to the area on her illusionary globe where she had been moments before "i tried my hand at creating a race and an area for them to inhabit. When night falls i will descend and teach them." she smiled slightly "though i am lost as to a name for them."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Dracul gave a slight smile as he heard this, and looked at her.

"I feel I must do that as well..help them I mean. As for a name for your people..I am sure one shall come to you."

Dracul looked at Jasper, and then at the illusinary globe, debateing if he should do something about his people.

"Wherever I go the other gods corrupt what I make...I shall have to make a race of people somewhere where nobody else will corrupt them."

Looking at Balthazon he wondered yet again where his creation could go.

"I think that we should be allys, so that later on we can help each other, I would assit you now with anything you wished, but I have no energy."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

"Balthazon, if it is allies you wish, you might find one in me. Garal, I will join you in the grove soon, but first I have this to say: Jasper, you are clearly an ingenious man, but I beg of you, leave peace be"

29. - Top - End - #89

With a snap, the older gentleman turned into an incredibly attractive lizard-girl. "Annoyance? I have brought upon your people gifts upon gifts, and will give my special gifts to all that any of you create!" She emoted passionately, and giggled flirtingly.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2008-02-17 at 02:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Xankul walked out of his room and sat down in a chair farthest from the others, while observing them.