New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Gods in emptiness- The god's plane

As the skeleton leaps at Wh'le, a wave of wind is thrust out by Wh'le aiming for the skeleton's left hip.

2. - Top - End - #32

Xankul is blown back an hits the chair he used to be sitting on."Damn it...Whatever im leaving to go help my Hob goblins live a bit long."

Xankul somehow goes to the World
    ((how do you go to the world? Teleporter? Divine ability?))
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-17 at 11:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

"Terribly sorry about that, instinct you know..." He appears to be actually sorry for this.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Putting the rapier away, he say Xankul dissaper, and then look back at the whale.

"Hello, my name is Emrys, and I am sorry but I must go and..protect my invesments, and also change other things."

With this Emrys dissappered off to the the World.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Noth watched the others and couldn't help but feel that they lack certain... finesse. It mattered not, they had as much power as himself and could be very useful in the future. People acting on instinct or to satisfy immidiate needs couldn't be that hard to manipulate on way or the other.

"It would seem like we have all been given different... what should I call it? Domains, perhaps. It would be interesting to hear what yours are" He paused for a second, realizing he should set an example. "I am Noth, lord of the everchanging"

(Yeah, that's right. The god of deceit lied. Take that! )
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

6. - Top - End - #36

Xankul reappears form his minor errand and sneaks up beside Noth. He pushes him. "Destruction "

7. - Top - End - #37

"Air" says Wh'le before vanishing to go to the planet.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Emrys voice is heard in the room.

"Supremacist."

9. - Top - End - #39

Xankul walks off to his room.
    Once he gets in he begins to write his commandments in a large book identical to the one that he left in the world with his HobGoblins. As he writes in his copy the one in the world copies it.
    Xankul is writing about how to create spears, and swords.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a loud bang in one of the rooms. Followed by a whail. Followed by the sound of howling wind, leaving the room through the thin openings at the sides of the barricaded door.

The wave of sound manifests, and soon an old man with a long white beard is to be seen. He is only clad in a white robe, and carries a thick scroll, the object he found in his room. In every language at once, he speaks, and introduces himself: "I am - "

His name can not be understood, or rather, it can be understood, but it is different every time it is spoken. His words seemed to have no particular sound, rather all sorts of sounds at once. It is very confusing listening to ___, as we shall call him, but somehow, he always manages to make himself more than understood.

"My domain is language or sound"
    At these words the howling returns to the room briefly, as ___ resonates.
    "I seek alliance with you. You wish to create creatures. They will need to communicate. I ask nothing more but to be able to watch over this, be the shepherd to their words, both spoken, written and otherwise"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

11. - Top - End - #41

As i hear that strange voice i look out of my room to see an old man. I look carefully at him. "Greetings stranger. I am Xankul and i wish to have a alliance to."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Appearing back into the hall in his chair, Emrys stands up and looks at the man. Bowing in greeting and respect for the fellow god, he spoke to ___.

"I am Emrys, and I feel that you may be of some help."

Looking at Xankul Emrys nod's for him to procede before he would speak any further to the man.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garal awoke in his room, he was warped in furs of many unknown animals. Against one wall was a staff of knotted wood which he to in his hands it was just barely taller than him, a staff how do I know what the is he wondered, on the other wall was a door of vines and ivy.

He looked around the room and notice the globe of earth and stone on the floor. He witnessed as one being created mountains and another fill the mountains with life. He could tell this angered the other god, god was that what he himself was.

It was then he realised his purpose, "To bring life of all kinds to this world," he exclaimed, "I am Garal Lunarchorus. Garal approached his door and the vines parted before him. As they did a chair fell inwards, picking it up he continued into the hall. The rushing air drew his attention and he went towards the others asking, "Who put this chair against my door?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fixed, forgot to copy the changes and edits I made in word over to the forum.
    Last edited by Drago; 2008-02-17 at 12:22 PM.
    This post courtesy of you local Happy Happyist. Blue, blue!

14. - Top - End - #44

Xankul looked at the nude person who walked in and asked
    "Who put this chair against my door?"
    "Emry's the guy in with black hair did it..."

After walking away he looked at the world, from here he could see a 2 almost invisible things, they looked like dragons.
    Immediately Xankul warped to the world to check what was going on.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-02-17 at 12:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Wh'le reappears in the central room, noting the arrival of new gods. He does nothing else for the moment.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garal stops and thinks for a moment, "Ah were are my manners, I am Garal." He looks at Emry, "Yes I watched you create that mountain a splendid creation most certainly".
    Last edited by Drago; 2008-02-17 at 12:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Ah hello, I am Emrys, and thankyou for the compliment..I would already have beings there, yet it seems my creation was stolen..So now I am pondering what to make."

As Emrys said this, he glanced around at the others in the room.

"I hope that we can live in peace."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Picking up it's item, a hooded figure appears through the door, and after a passing glance at the others, takes a seat around the table.
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

"Xankul, Emrys, we are henceforth allied. As for you, Wh'le, I'm afraid I can not agree with some of your most recent actions"

___'s voice swells to a booming crescendo as he continues: "The first thing you create are telepathic dragons? Do you wish to scorn me, Wh'le? All I ask for is the development of the noble art of language. Telepathy is so...cold. You may yet appease me though. I could teach your creatures the miracle of true language"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

20. - Top - End - #50

"It is their choice as to how to communicate, they simply find it simpler to communicate with one person telepathically. This telepathy is one manifestation of their magic. They can speak, but they chose to communicate telepathically with Xankul because they had no need to speak," Wh'le responds. "Do not assume that what you have seen them do is all that they can do, and remember, one cannot judge a book by its cover."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"___ I wish to make a race of creature's that will need your help with learning language. I wish to have them learn Draconic, if you would be so helpfull."

After Emry's said this he motioned with his hand and then he was gone down to the world, ready to start creation.

(I am guessing we, being gods, have heard of every language ever, though not have mastered them all. If you are not ok with this I can change the post.)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'm ok with knowing the names of languages.

If you haven't done so already - http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...79#post3949379

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garal adresses the room with a smile, "I'll return shortly, ___ would you mind coming with me?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantReaper View Post
    "___ I wish to make a race of creature's that will need your help with learning language. I wish to have them learn Draconic, if you would be so helpfull."

After Emry's said this he motioned with his hand and then he was gone down to the world, ready to start creation.

(I am guessing we, being gods, have heard of every language ever, though not have mastered them all. If you are not ok with this I can change the post.)
    "Draconic? Yes, a beautiful language in it's own right. Very well, create your creatures, and I shall bring them a disciple. As for you, Wh'le, I assume you are okay with me teaching the dragons the joy of true language? Because telepathy is one of the very few things I will not stand for"

25. - Top - End - #55

"I have said already that they can speak, but chose not to at that moment. But please, feel free to teach them what you wish to."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meynolds View Post
    "I have said already that they can speak, but chose not to at that moment. But please, feel free to teach them what you wish to."
    "I know and believes this. It's their inherit choice not to speak that troubles me. But I will fix it. Thank you for your permission, Wh'le"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Noth had remained quiet for a while, studying the gods around him the way a chessplayer studies the board. Alliences were already being formed and it wouldn't take long before more serious hostilities reared their head.
    He sensed that the language god had chosen one of his Nothans as a disciple. It didn't bother him, language was one of the foremost tools of deceit after all.

The world was quickly being populated. Everyone would do what they could to come out on top of the food chain, so to speak. Including his own Nothans.
    Noth smiled as a plan took form within his mind. Of course, that was the best sollution.

"Gentlemen," He said a bowed quickly against the others "I bid you farewell for now"

And he left.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
    - Death (Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

28. - Top - End - #58

To ___ Wh'le says: "Ah, I see. Well, good luck."
    Last edited by Meynolds; 2008-02-17 at 01:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Balthazon awoke in her bed. She was currently wearing the aspect of a human female, in highly polished plate armor with a white cloak. She looked around her room, a little disoriented, but then nodded and stabilized herself. "I... I understand." She took the round shield mounted on one wall and hooked it over her back before opening her door and walking into the main room.
    As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i shall know no fear, for i have three lives remaining and god mode enabled.

Pastry Chef of the Lord Shojo Fanclub

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC I think it should have cost Wh'le one god point to make the dragons. They seems a little simple compared to the rest.
    Last edited by Drago; 2008-02-17 at 01:28 PM.