New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pathfinder [IC]

1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder [IC]

As setana rushes into the creature the goblin pales visibly and then gets a wicked grin. Holding it's weapon in front of itself so that Setana will be forced to charge into the weapon. At the last moment setana angles past the goblin's small weapon and bites deep into the creatures leg nearly severing it.
    The goblin drops with a wail of pain and anguish and passes out as Daffyd rushes up behind Sétanta and delivers the killing blow, he thinks. The goblin lies prone on the rough streets and you all have a few moments to survey the damage and destruction around you.

As you watch people run screaming chased by goblins. Tables and carts that once held wares to be sold have been upturned and goblins are running through the streets and rumaging through anything that looks mildly interesting. Some of the townsfolk have made it to safety but others still run about the street in terror as goblins chase them and slice indiscriminantly at townsfolk.

As you stand catching your breath and watching the grisly scene something catches your attention out of the corner of your eye. Several goblins have snuck in behind a large cart carrying supplies that were used to start the bonfire. Several large jars of pitch, torches, kindling, and many other readily flamable supplies in the cart are bein set on fire and pushed towards the large bonfire even as the goblins themselves brandish torches.

Once again you hear their strange chant as they cackle in glee seeing the burning cart of flamable material miss the bonfire and head straight towards the newly built church. The goblins turn to face you brandishing their torches and you notice that in their midst is a female goblin who is chanting and seems to be spuring the other goblins on with the tune.

(you have 4 rounds between the last combat and this new one. Roll initiative. 100 xp each for last encounter.)

initiative - (1d20+3)[17]
    (1d20)[17]

--INITIATIVE ORDER--
    Goblins - 17
    Grak'n - 10
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-04-23 at 07:07 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative (1d20+2)[10]

Spoiler
    Show
    does the cart move by us? If I have 4 rounds can I run (80 feet/turn) and bull rush it to stop it/reverse it? Would this need strength checks or just a bull rush attempt?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No. This happens after the rounds have passed. The four rounds can be spent any way you want (healing, listening, etc) but you would not be able to react to the cart as it had not happened yet. The cart is behind you all so running to catch it would take considerable time and effort plus the threat of the goblins between you and the cart prevents it.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

4. - Top - End - #94

DwarfClericGuy

Daffyd ap Gryffud (Round 1)
    Initiative: ??
    Hp: 9/9
    AC/FF/T: 14/13/11

Daffyd spends the intervening time trying to herd townsfolk to safety, but stops dead in his tracks at the flaming, rumbling cart. Bollocks... Sétanta! Guard. Planda dol!

Commanding the guard to attack any who comes near him, Daffyd causes entangling vines to erupt from the earth, right in the path of the trundling cart.

Spoiler
    Show

That's an entangle spell.

Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

5. - Top - End - #95

Grak'n

With a hundred years of grudges, the dwarf stalks the three dispatched goblins and ensures they will never rise again.

Spoiler
    Show
    coup de grace is any life left in them. I can roll if really necessary

At the renewed chant he turns and bellow, "More!....right bloody gobos, that ain't no proper war chant. Should be more like...."

Spoiler
    Show
    I need to find a good dwawrven war chant and then I'll post it in to have him bellowing it back at the goblins

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jubrayl picks up one of the goblin knifes and weights it in his hands, checking it against his fishknife. Satisfied to have found a more suitable weapon, he keeps it in hand.

Jubrayl (round 1)
    Initiative 11
    10 HP/ 10 HP
    AC 13 /FF 12 /T 11

Jubrayl takes a step back and begins to murmur to himself.

"Wicky, what...? Yes, I know! it's useless, but how should I know there would be goblins...Hmm, yes... A bird would be good... Okay, lets do that."

He focuses on the goblins, stretches out his right hand towards them and at that moment a hawk apprears in the air and swoops down on them, harrasses them with claws and beak.

Spoiler
    Show

5-Foot step back, channel "Speak with Animals" into "Summon Nature's Ally I" and have the hawk attack the goblins.