Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 128
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Ovias and Zavulon (Team 2 or "Team Darkvision") jump into water and start diving towards the Captain's Mess (number 3). Together the strong dwarf and half-orc force the door open. Ovias takes a look inside and a startled look on his face tells Zavulon that something's wrong...

    The captain is still sitting in his rocking chair, his dead eyes still open and fixed on the door. You notice a stab wound to his chest... and his dead fingers still clutching the hilt of his beautifully crafted rapier, half-drawn out of its sheath.

    The room is in disarray, clothes and other personal items strewn about as though someone had rummaged through the drawers.

    ---

    OOC: I'm assuming that Team 1 follows shortly behind, taking another number on the map. Team 2, do you want to search the room or the captain's body?

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Zavulon's eyes widened. The captain was MURDERED!!!
    Zavulon reached out and poked the body to make sure it was dead...and not worse!
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Zavulon pokes the captain. A small stream of bubbles comes from his mouth but otherwise there's no reaction whatsoever. He's very much dead.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    reassured that the dead captain was very dead (and not UN-dead) Zavulon pulls the rapier (with scabbard) out of the dead captains hands.
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-21 at 02:56 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    sickler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Courtenay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    reassured that the dead captain was very dead (and not UN-dead) Zavulon pulls out the dagger from his chest and strap it on his leg along with the other dagger.
    OOC:
    I think he only had a wound, not a dagger, in his chest. Also, I'm just waiting for my partner to make himself active in the thread again before I start diving..

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie pixe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ..well, it's bloody cold?
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    ((ok, yea, sorry. um,))

    i search the cabin that contains the dead captain
    Failed at RAF hosting.

    AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

    Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4


    BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie pixe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ..well, it's bloody cold?
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    ((ok, yea, sorry. um,))

    i search the cabin that contains the dead captain
    Failed at RAF hosting.

    AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

    Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4


    BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie pixe View Post
    ((ok, yea, sorry. um,))

    i search the cabin that contains the dead captain
    OOC: Errr.. then that'd be three of us in the same room - the idea was to be close, but not that close. Mind if Zavulon and Ovias check room 3 and you take another? I suggested earlier you take 4, close in case Mr Dead Captain turns out to be dangerous, but not in the way if he turns out to be very dangerous and we have to leave in a hurry.

    IC: Ovias ignores the dead captain, seeing Zavulon already had that angle covered, and spends some time examining the room. If there is a chest, he won't open it but will instead try to lift it. If he can lift it on his own, he does. Otherwise, he signals Zavulon to give him a hand. He also checks any cupboards and drawers he can see as long as he doesn't run out of air. He moves quickly and methodically, carefully remembering what he has checked in case he needs to come back for a second attempt later.

    Unless, of course, there is some danger, in which case Ovias will act depending on what the danger is.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Zavulon will help Oviasif he signalize it. if not, he will search cupboards, shelves, generaly search!

    search:
    _: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    sickler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Courtenay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Ben

    Diving down with Eric, Ben opts to enter the Lower Deck and begins searching the main compartment (9).

    Actions: Full-turn movement to ship, remaining breath 26 turns, search check (-1 modifier) (1d20-1)[19](18)

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie pixe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ..well, it's bloody cold?
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    ok. ill search room 10.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[2]


    ((wow, now that was effective ))
    Last edited by Zombie pixe; 2008-02-21 at 04:46 PM.
    Failed at RAF hosting.

    AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

    Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4


    BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    OOC:

    Remember, each standard action or full-round action uses 2 rounds from your breathing duration. Every 15 feet you move is one full-round action (10 feet for Ovias).

    Zavulon and Ovias find the following items:

    • Signet ring
    • A wooden box sealed with wax
    • A scroll case (hidden under captain's bed)
    • Ink and sheets or paper (ruined)
    • Beautifully crafted rapier (Zavulon took it)
    • Courtier's outfit
    • 5 dresses (2 x blue, pink, green, white)


    Ben and Eric see two bodies in the main compartment (9)

    Ben finds the following items:
    • Hooded lantern
    • A small barrel of oil (6 pints)
    • Handaxe
    • Leather pouch (full of coins)
    • Coil of rope (50')
    • Saw
    • Wooden planks
    • Small wooden box full of iron nails


    Eric finds a hammer.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    how many turns must team darkvision use if we'l take everything but the ruined stuff?
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    It takes 2 full-round actions to take everything you've found (except the ruined stuff). Do you want to take the items to the boat?

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    they all seem pretty usefull one way or another so i say YES!
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    OOC: I agree - it seems we've pretty much cleaned out that room, so Ovias takes up everything that's not ruined. If he has some carrying capacity, he also takes anything he can that is not bolted to the floor (chairs/barrels/etc). not that there will be much of that.

    Once in the boat, Ovias talks with Zavulon about the next room, and suggests (4), unless Ben & Eric surface and tell us to help with Ben's cache (not sure if they can bring it all up). If they go to 4, Ovias don't use the rocks to hasten the plunge since it is close enough, but saves them for lower decks.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Zavulon agrees.
    search check: _: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Ovias searches taking 10 + 2 = 12. Again, he is particularly interested in anything that looks like healer's kits (unless that was it sealed with wax?)
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-22 at 04:20 PM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    You enter the dining room (4). With your Search checks, you find the following items:
    • Bell
    • Bottle of wine
    • 6 candles
    • Clay jug
    • 8 clay tankards
    • Iron pot


    No bodies here.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
    You enter the dining room (4). With your Search checks, you find the following items:
    • Bell
    • Bottle of wine
    • 6 candles
    • Clay jug
    • 8 clay tankards
    • Iron pot


    No bodies here.
    Assuming I have enough time to do a second search, I give it a second try:
    (1d20+2)[11]

    If I don't have the time, I just take those things are take them up to the boat (be greedy now, selective later)
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    sickler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Courtenay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Ben ignores the bodies and tries to carry up as much as possible, prioritizing the hooded lantern, barrel of oil, handaxe, saw and box full of nails.

    After securing that stuff in the boat, Ben will dive back down and search the Lower Deck rooms (10s) with Eric.

    Search (1d20-1)[20](19)

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie pixe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ..well, it's bloody cold?
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    i help ben take up any of the stuff he missed, while looking rather smug at my hammer finding skills.

    when i go back down i search room 11.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[2]


    ((argh!!!!!! sorry about this everyone, eric seems to lack underwater vision ))
    Last edited by Zombie pixe; 2008-02-22 at 06:13 PM.
    Failed at RAF hosting.

    AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

    Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4


    BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie pixe View Post
    ((argh!!!!!! sorry about this everyone, eric seems to lack underwater vision ))
    OOC: I wouldn't worry that much, so long as Ben continues to find everything right down to the spare change behind the sofa. Seriously, with his rolls he could easily find a needle in a haystack. You can help him carry up the stuff. After all, that's one reason why we pair - to increase our chances.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    sickler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Courtenay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    OOC: I should start using the roller here for my regular DnD games

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Maria remains in the boat for the time being, hauling in goods, dumping excess water out of containers, and drying off goods better left not wet. She is perfectly willing to dive down and help if anyone needs help moving something, but she can't hold her breath long enough to dive and help in the actual search.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Zavulon helps Grey with getting the stuff into the boat.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    Zavulon helps Grey with getting the stuff into the boat.
    Ovias will take some time to rescue the ship's sails, using the hatchet rescued by the second team if necessary (although will try to save whatever ropes are holding the sails for salvage, too, if possible), also giving him time to regain some strength after the two consecutive dies. He tries to convince Maria and Zavulon to help him, saying that big pieces of cloth will be necessary for building shelter. Since the masts are visible, it shouldn't be hard to get to the sails themselves (and since the ship sunk due to fire in the hold, they should still be attached and intact)
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    as helpfull as ever. Zavulon agrees to assist Grey.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    as helpfull as ever. Zavulon agrees to assist Grey.
    "Thank you, frriend Zavulon," says Ovias before rowing to the nearest mast, "I must admit, the firrst day you seemed rready to take the easy way, but you have since demonstrrated you arre willing to worrk hard. I look forrwarrd to the day when we worrk side by side in a smithy"

    With that, Ovias gets in the water and gets working on the sails.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-23 at 07:09 AM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! Quest: The Sunken Ship

    Zavulon smiled to himself and jumped into the water again, to help Ovias with the sail.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •