Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 440
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    That fateful night there was a fire in the cargo hold. Black smoke came pouring out from the hold and spread to the lower deck and main deck. Two or three crew members went belowdecks to suppress the fire but none returned. The captain was nowhere to be seen.

    The fire grew rapidly out of control and panic ensued. The ship started to sink and while the flames were quickly extinguished by the water rushing in, it was too late to save the ship.

    The first mate ordered an evacuation. One of the passengers, a keen-eyed elf, had spotted dry land nearby and the two life boats of the ship were quickly filled. The rest of them had to swim.

    Out of the 50 passengers and crew members, less than thirty made it ashore safely.

    In the morning, the beach on which the survivors had camped was a sad sight. Some bodies had washed ashore, a gruesome reminder of the shipwreck. People, animals and equipment lay on the beach, some people crying, some sleeping, some talking, while others remained silent, shocked by the recent events.

    ---

    WEEK 1 - WEEKLY CHALLENGE: SURVIVORS
    • Task 1: Roll call. Every player should post at least once within the next 7 days - if you fail to do this, your character will be declared dead (see also Task 2). Describe how your character is doing - is s/he shocked, afraid, angry... write some dialog if you want to talk with the other characters.
    • Task 2: Bury the dead. Discuss what to do with the bodies and their equipment.
    • Task 3: Manage the resources. Discuss how you're going to feed yourselves during the first week. Everyone needs 7 rations or equivalent to avoid hunger. You may start taking resource actions, e.g. use Survival to find food and water. Choose at least one player responsible for managing the resources - in other words reporting every week how much has been spent, how much has been gained, and what's the total for each resource.)


    OPTIONAL QUEST - THE SUNKEN SHIP

    It is possible to salvage some equipment that was left behind when the ship sunk.

    Max 6 characters. For characters who can swim well. The quest is played here.
    Last edited by storyteller; 2008-02-17 at 03:17 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    Ovias looked around to the faces of those that had survived the fire. He scanned the faces for that of her new friend Mara, the one person he hoped had survived. In the madness of the fire, he had lost track of her. He couldn't see her, but with so many Talls, he had trouble telling them apart.

    Ovias felt resigned. He had been hoping for a predictable construction project, two or three years and then going back home, but that was not going to happen. Oh well, he thought, a dwarf doesn't complain about the cave in, he props the beams and looks for another way in. It was a new day, he was alive, and there was plenty to do, which would keep him busy and his mind away from the tragedy. First thing would have to be health issues. Those bodies in the beach would have to be disposed of, a clean water source located and a safer place to sleep than an open beach found.

    He got up to his feet and walked to the rest of the surviving people. "Good morrning! We arre in a dangerrous situation, everryone. Will someone help me burry those that did not make it? Orr at least lend me a shovel?"
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Tano

    Having been placed in the lead boat by virtue of having spotted the island, Tano had at least stayed drier than those that had to swim, but the surf had still soaked him from the waist down. Now, higher on the beach, the salt was beginning to chafe as he dried out. The shock of the fire hadn't fully registered yet, though finding the remnants of his bundle of bow staves had nearly moved him to tears. The canvas the bundle had been wrapped in was scorched but serviceable. Of the bundle, though, only a single short bow staff remained, a bit of sap adhering it to the canvas. The rest of his carefully harvested staves were scattered who knew where. At least he had his pack, with the rest of his livelihood: his tools, arrow shafts, heads and fletchings, and two bow strings.
    As he was staring out to sea over the life boats, a gentle breeze brought a waft of death to his nostrils. Turning into the wind, he looked up the beach and saw two lifeless bodies being picked over by a flock of seagulls. Though they weren't his people, Tano couldn't bear to see their bodies desecrated so. Standing, he ran over to the pair, flapping his arms and shouting to scare off the scavengers. He then proceeded to drag the bodies up the beach, under the shelter of the trees.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon

    Zavulon checked his sack one last time. he had what he needed.
    The dwarf spoke of burying the dead and so he spoke, with his deep somewhat growling voice "we should burn them. We shouldnt waste our breath on digging, and scavenging animals might come to eat the bodies if theyre arnt digged deep." He looked straight at the dwarf with a nonchalant expression. "after we've checked them fer useful items"
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    Zavulon
    we should burn them. We shouldnt waste our breath on digging, and scavenging animals might come to eat the bodies if theyre arnt digged deep." He looked straight at the dwarf with a nonchalant expression. "after we've checked them fer useful items"
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    Ovias looked up at the Tall addresing him. He could now tell he was not a full blood orc, but from his words he could tell he had more orc than human in his head. "You'd rratherr waste yourr brreath by cutting down trrees? Also, these arre humans, forr the most parrt. They do not burrn theirr dead, and I cannot think of a worrst way to starrt this situation than by offending the alive. Theirr morrale is going to be weak enough as it is."

    He then considered the second part of his declaration. It went against his dwarven upbringing to take from the dead, but a dwarf is nothing if not practical. "I do admit that we should save theirr posesions forr the living, as dishonourrable as that is. We need to salvage everrything we can, if we arre to surrvive. But it should be done rrespectfully of those who once owned them". He unconsciously adopted the wide legged stance of the unmovable dwarf, as if ready to stop the half-orc from running to the bodies
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon


    Zavulon grinned "never said anything about choppin' down trees. just gatherin' some large dried sticks to help start the fire."
    He then shrugged "do with the dead as you want. they're fairly useless in this state anyways..." The dwarf steadied himself. stubborn little hairball, like the rest of specie, still Zavulon had respect for them. Finest smiths around, practical and sensible as well. but to proud and caring about trivial stuff like honour.
    "but if yeh insist on burying them... i could lend a hand..."
    great... youre going soft.
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-17 at 04:02 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Seeing the half-orc back off from the confrontation, Ovias relaxed. Looking around, he saw someone pulling away bodies from the beach toward the trees. Confused, he could not figure out why the need to move them until he saw the birds perching on other bodies. He ran towards them, frighting them off (although they would be back) and, taking two more bodies under his arms, followed the stranger. It would be easier to build a single mass grave, anyway.

    While he was taking the bodies, Ovias took the chance to look around. He was particularly interested in the stone to be found, for he would be needing materials soon. He already had a couple of ideas of how to improve their chances, ideas that would make good use of his stonemason hammer.

    *Actions: take a look around, (take 10) spot (+0) for anything of interest, appraise (+4) for rocks/stone Ovias can work*
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-17 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Wanted to do more things
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Tano

    Sweating profusely as he dragged the second heavy body up the beach, Tano noticed a dwarf bearing two more coming his way. The burden didn't seem to weigh heavily on his broad shoulders, though his pace was the steady plodding of all dwarves. As the bearded stranger approached, Tano straightened, wiped the sweat from his brow, and said, "Thank you, sir dwarf. Two alone were beginning to take a toll on me. I think we'll need to bury them soon, or the cursed gulls will have a feast."
    Last edited by Daryk; 2008-02-17 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Hit "submit" before "spell check".

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie pixe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ..well, it's bloody cold?
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    ok, i volenteer to lead the salvage party.

    *buldges muscles, then goes and checks on his distilery*

    *mutters to self*i wonder if there is any good farming land on this island...?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Profession(farmer) Check to see whether there is any good farming land near? (1d20+4)[20]
    Failed at RAF hosting.

    AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

    Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4


    BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon

    great, corpse carrying. Zavulon left his sack and newly salvaged spear next to a rock. He followed the dwarf and picked up two bodies, not minding the birds, and went to dump them with the other dead.

    Spoiler
    Show
    strength check to see if i can lift two bodies(?) 1D20+1= 16


    >"your name dwarf. Might i ask what you call yerself?"< Zavulon asked in dwarven.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    When Epswitch finally awakens the next morning, face down in the dirt, he doesn't even realize something bad has happened. Not until he gets up and looks around, "What the? This isn't..."

    Suddenly the ship, the wreck, the fire, it all comes flashing back to him. With a howl, the pale speckled halfling calls upon his god, "Saint Cuthbert! Revenge will be mine! Oh yes!"

    The halfling stands and darts about looking for that captain. After a few minutes he begins to see that the ship went down, and if tradition held true, the captain with it.

    Eventually Epswitch notices his chickens roaming free. He pulls his shipping manifest from his breast pocket and begins to gather all he can from his belongings into a pile up the beach, away from the tides. As he works be begins to see the problem the crew will face. All these humans... they eat so much.

    As he works, he sees several people eyeing the bodies. He approaches and says, "We should haul strip them down and haul them a few hundred yards away. When animals come to feast on the rotting remains, we can have a hunting party kill the beasts. Food."

    The halfling looks at the big men and says, "I'm to small to be of much use hauling them off... Good luck." With that he bends over an picks up two sand covered candles. After checking the stamp on the bottom, he puts one back down and walks off with the other one.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    Only when spoken in the strange voice tones did Ovias realise that the Tall one was actually an elf, and not a female human as he first had assumed. Oh well, if he could talk to a half-orc, he could talk to an elf

    "You arre welcome, mister elf. Not the most pleasant of tasks, but one that needs doing." Seeing that the half-orc had decided to help, and watching the elf winded after a single trip, he continued, "You seem unsuited for this task. Do you think you could trry and find spades to dig the grrave, and possibly keep the birrds away why we drrag the rrest of the bodies herre? Also, I met aboarrd the ship a prromising human healerr, Marra by name. She might be the best suited to check the bodies, and we should ask about any last rrites we should be prreparring. Janson Himmerrharrdt, the village elderr, would be my firrst choice. Would you check forr me if they surrvived? Thank you"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-17 at 04:39 PM. Reason: colour editing & typos
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    Zavulon
    >"your name dwarf. Might i ask what you call yerself?"< Zavulon asked in dwarven.
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    Surprised at what was strangely accented dwarfish, he turned to regard the half-orc.

    <I am known as Ovias Greybeard. You may call me> "Grey", he answered, <And how may I address you?> He answered in the traditional formal answer.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-17 at 04:51 PM. Reason: colour editing
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon

    Zavulon nodded. "Grey it is." he smiled grimly "then we have something in common. My name is Zavulon Gråbein. the latter meaning 'greybone'."
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-17 at 04:45 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    Zavulon

    Zavulon nodded. "Grey it is." he smiled grimly "then we have something in common. My name is Zavulon Gråbein. the latter meaning 'greybone'."
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "I will rrememberr, Zavulon Grrabein," Ovias said while starting towards the beach for new bodies, "and we have something else in common. I see from your tools you arre a crrafterr, like I am"
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Roostin

    Roostin was tired, but he'd been tired before. There were chores to be done, and orders to be given. First, he searched for the first mate and the navigator, hope slowly dwindling as he could find no one else from the ship's company on the beach.

    Suddenly, he heard some talk that turned his stomach. "You will NOT be using mah friends as bait, or Ah will give you whut for! We'll clean them up proper, wrap 'em up and bury 'em proper. Ah'd ruther put them back in the sea, but ah don't think we can 'ford the strength. Turning to one of the others wandering around, Roostin called out, "You there, grab this one's feet and we'll line em up over here."

    As he dragged each body to the line and laid it out, Roostin went to it, and with the phrase, "May the gods keep you safe from storms and sea. I thank you, friend, for the gifts you give us," he quickly and efficiently stripped each body of everything except a layer of clothing, but taking any shoes or boots. He piled the belongings at the bare feet of each respective corpse, closed the eyes if they were open, and moved on to another. He had prepared many a friend for burial at sea, and he had learned to just concentrate on the task at hand.

    OOC: Unless there is another sailor on the crew, Roostin will take charge of the salvage operation, with the words, "Ah know more 'bout how the inside of a ship looks in the dark and wet than any y'all, so don't be silly."

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon

    "oh yes. I am a smith. Father taught me much about the makings of arms and armour." Zavulon eagerly told " bending metal is what i do best. You are not a smith yerself are you?"
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "No, I am a stonemason. But all dwarrfs crraftsmen arre taught the way of the forrge, so I have worrked it at times durring my trraining" With those words, Ovias reached the beach, where a man in sailor clothing was arranging the bodies. Ovias addressed him, "Excuse me, neighbourr, but we arre moving the bodies away frrom the beach and the birrds. Would you carre to help us? You seem to know the way to trreat them, in ways I do not"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-17 at 05:13 PM. Reason: colour editing
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman
    ...
    "You arre welcome, mister elf. Not the most pleasant of tasks, but one that needs doing." Seeing that the half-orc had decided to help, and watching the elf winded after a single trip, he continued, "You seem unsuited for this task. Do you think you could trry and find spades to dig the grrave, and possibly keep the birrds away why we drrag the rrest of the bodies herre? Also, I met aboarrd the ship a prromising human healerr, Marra by name. She might be the best suited to check the bodies, and we should ask about any last rrites we should be prreparring. Janson Himmerrharrdt, the village elderr, would be my firrst choice. Would you check forr me if they surrvived? Thank you"
    Tano

    "Spades and people I can find, but not while keeping the birds off, I'm afraid. If that halfling hadn't wandered away, I would think him excellently suited to the task, given his interest in things that would eat our dead. If I stay here and keep the gulls off, I may be able to pick your friends out of the crowd at the same time. And once we find your friends, we can work on the shovels, yes?" Tano said.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tano takes 10 (for a total of 16) on a spot check, looking for a "village elder" (Janson). I dare say if he's on the beach, Tano can see him.


    Scanning the beach for a moment, Tano points at an elderly human and says, "Is that your friend Mr. Himmerhardt? I'm afraid I can't guess what Mara looks like..."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Mara Herbswife


    Mara woke slowly, and for a moment she wasn't sure where she was. Did I fall out of my hammock? It wouldn't be the first time, but why is the planking so uneven? And why is there sand on it? Wait... sand? The shipwreck!

    Mara sat up suddenly, her memories of the night before flooding back. As one of the few women on board, she had been among the first ushered into the lifeboats, but she had been in too much shock to do more than grab her backpack and beltpouch before climbing in. When they had reached land, her rational mind was too far gone to react, so animal instincts took over, and she had run for the trees purely because they seemed to offer more shelter. Now Mara took a few shuddering breaths to calm herself. All she could do now was help the survivors. She would mourn those lost later, in private.

    Standing, Mara hefted her backpack onto her shoulders and emerged from the trees. Looking around, she could see that while many were still milling around aimlessly, a group nearby had begun the task of gathering the dead. While an elf kept birds off the bodies on the beach, a human - probably a sailor, by his clothing - stripped corpses near the trees of anything useful. Ferrying human remains between the two locations were two figures, one tall, the other stout. The taller seemed to be the half-orc Mara had noticed wandering on deck sometimes. The smaller seemed to be...

    <Ovias?> Mara's voice was a whisper. With the chaos and her own shock last night, she had lost track of him. Since Dwarves lived underground, she thought it unlikely that he would be able to swim ashore. Then the figure in turned slightly, apparently speaking to the half-orc, and she caught sight of his grey beard.

    <Ovias!> With a shout, Mara began to run toward her friend. Part of her mind remarked critically that she was hysterical, and that she would be of more use organizing the milling crowd. The rest of Mara ignored that fact and simply urged her legs to move faster.

    ***************************

    Character Sheets/[Player]/(Profession):
    Spoiler
    Show

    Zavulon Gråbein [Shademan] (Blacksmith)
    Roostin Truckleman [TwoCents] (Sailor/Carpenter)
    Mara Herbswife [Lonna] (Healer)
    Ovias Greybeard [Grey Wolf] (Stonemason)
    Tano Curunda [Daryk] (Bowyer/Fletcher)
    Joseph Bridgeman [Yeril] (Hunter)
    Maria Vallen [Jagadaishio] (Hunter)
    Gil Gil [Smartaleq] (Netmaker)
    Ray Zhang [Rayzin] (Cook)
    Larry the Hairy [borninbones] (Farmer)
    Brady Turner [Imbasel] (Miner)
    Elias Fisher [Fisher] (Courier)
    Imbrallius [Sicarius] (Clerk)
    Feln Zekor [journeyman] (Animal Trainer)
    Janson Himmerhardt [zed's dead] (Author)
    Epswitch Shortoe [Lawful_Evil] (Chimney Sweep)
    Eric the Brewer [Zombie pixe] (Farmer)
    Ben [sickler] (Brawler)

    ****************

    Total:
    2 Hunters
    2 Farmers
    1 Carpenter
    1 Netmaker
    1 Blacksmith
    1 Stonemason
    1 Healer
    1 Bowyer/Fletcher
    1 Cook
    1 Miner
    1 Brawler
    1 Courier
    1 Clerk
    1 Animal Trainer
    1 Author
    1 Chimney Sweep
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-02-25 at 07:31 PM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    Ovias had just finished talking to the sailor when he heard his dwarven named being shouted somewhere from the human group. Turning, he was releived to see Mara alive and well, running towards him. Walking towards her, he exclaimed <Mara! So good to see you walking. I was worried about you after we got separated. It makes me happy to see you are well>
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-17 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Forgot header
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    "right, il just... move more bodies." Zavulon left the dwarf and human to themselves. Need to check that the other is alive they do. Back to moving bodies then...
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-17 at 05:30 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Mara Herbswife


    As Ovias came towards her, Mara tried to halt her wild charge, only to slip in the sand and tumble forward. Not entirely by accident, her outstretched arms wrapped around the dwarf, and when she had regained her balance she gave him a quick hug before straightening.

    <Ovias, thank the gods. I was afraid you had drowned.> she said. She was smiling, tears of relief streaming down her face. This time when the analytical part of her mind commented that she was hysterical, Mara listened. Taking several deep breaths to get herself under control, she wiped her eyes and spoke again, this time with a note of iron self-control in her voice. "I'm sorry, I was hysterical. I should be fine now."
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    borninbones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    in my own world, ne
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    The human farmer slowly picks himself up off of the ground. "Well that wasnt good." He sets about to gather together the animals he saved and any others that happen to be wondering around.

    He gets down and picks up a handful of dirt (1d20+4)[5] whats the land like, is it good for farming?

    resource action for this week for my character. Survival taking a ten 10+4= 14.

    And if you want, I can (but don't necessarily want to) take care of resource count.
    Last edited by borninbones; 2008-02-17 at 05:44 PM.
    Characters: Pakar

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC:

    The island looks a bit like this, just a lot bigger and not tropical but sub-tropical or warm-temperate (like an island in the Mediterranean). A sandy beach surrounds the forest in the middle, at least as far as you can see from the campsite.

    There are some loose rocks around that look workable.

    The island doesn't look like ideal farmland: nothing will grow on the beach and you'd have to clear the trees änd till the land to gain access to the better soil.

    No need to make a Str check for Zavulon. No checks needed for digging the graves either.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    sickler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Courtenay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ben - Human Brawler

    Ben had been well rested before the fire broke out so after the swim to shore, he found he wasn't all that exausted and had spent the entire night simply standing and watching as the vessel few burning remains of the ship were extinguished by the waves. Once this distraction was gone however, his mind finally reminded him that it wasn't all his sleep that allowed him to be restless, but rather the amount of adrenaline rushing through his body. Crawling up to the top of the beachline, he had collapsed and embraced the comfort of sleep once again.

    Waking up to the commotion of the other survivors just a few hundred yards up the beach, Ben leapt to his feet and approached him. Stopping to observe a while, he could see a couple of figures moving bodies to a line where a man slowly moved up the line, rummaging over the corpses. Ben walked up to this person, dropped down his sack and watched as a half-orc dragged another limp body to the end of the line.

    "What's goin' on here?", were the only words Ben could find to ask.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    "boat crashed. many died. we're stranded."
    Zavulon told the human. harsh and simple. "now help me with these bodies, will yeh?"
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    Stopping when the main complains, Epswitch turns around. The bald halfling looks up at the man who so objected to using the bodies as bait. Yes.. Roostin The halfling scowls, giving him the appearance of a demon possessed doll and says, "It would seem you are ranking member of the crew. As such, I'd like to submit an official complaint and request a refund. Clearly we did not arrive at our destination, so if you'd please." The halfling stands up straight to his full intimidating height(2'10") and holds out his hand, expecting cash.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-17 at 05:59 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    Mara Herbswife


    As Ovias came towards her, Mara tried to halt her wild charge, only to slip in the sand and tumble forward. Not entirely by accident, her outstretched arms wrapped around the dwarf, and when she had regained her balance she gave him a quick hug before straightening.

    <Ovias, thank the gods. I was afraid you had drowned.> she said. She was smiling, tears of relief streaming down her face. This time when the analytical part of her mind commented that she was hysterical, Mara listened. Taking several deep breaths to get herself under control, she wiped her eyes and spoke again, this time with a note of iron self-control in her voice. "I'm sorry, I was hysterical. I should be fine now."
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    Mara had once again managed to surprise Ovias, both by the brief hug (which as alien as it was to the dwarf, had felt strangely well) and by her self-control and quick recovery. It was clear that humans would take a while to get used to. Of course, being trapped in some Moradin-forsaken place would really help that, he admitted to himself ruefully. Patting Mara in her back, Ovias remarked: "Think nothing of it, frriend Mara. It is underrstandable, given the cirrcunstances"

    Ovias made sure to pronounce her name properly, even if everything else came out accented. He was fairly certain he would have a chance to improve his human in the weeks that would follow, though. "Come on, I'm surre we will be able to use yourr help. I need you to check for life signs in some of these people. We will have to burry them soon, least they brring sickness to the living, but some may be possible to save"
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Roostin, Carpenter's Mate

    "Eh? Oh, yeah. Ah've had to bury a friend or two 'fore now. Ah don't know what your lubber churches would do, but I s'pose the old feller might know. Fer now, Ah think we just need to get 'em laid out straight. Ah'm gonna get some canvas to cover 'em; that might keep these dang gulls off 'em. Dang gulls give me the creeps, but it's better than a dang albatross. A man should get 'et by the fishes, not dang birds."

    Roostin collected a piece of sailcloth to cover the bodies, weighting down the end with pieces of driftwood to keep the pesky birds away.

    "Anyway, then once all y'all colonists say whutever words you want, Ah'l consign the souls of mah brethren and then we'll bury 'em. Ah wish ah could take the crew out to the bay but ah think that jest ain't a good idea. Dang it, but this jest is the worst shore party ah ever been on, and ah been to some pretty bad places."

    He kept working, keeping an eye out for anybody getting out of control and waiting to see who would show up to salvage the ship.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •