New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

Im curious, who are the "writers guild" ?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The below is in reference to this earlier post...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
    Roostin
    "Finally, if'n you want to find out what's down the coast of the island, what say Ah take three or four of y'all and we row around the dang island and just look? Give me some time, and Ah can rig a sail to help, although we're still gonna have to do a lot of rowing."[/COLOR]

Tano

"Master Roostin, you had mentioned rowing around the island earlier. Perhaps that is still a good idea, if we have time. What do you think?" asked Tano.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Janson Himmerhardt

One night when most of the survivors is gathered Zavulon pledges his cause.
    " LISTEN! If we are to survive we will be needing better tools and weapons, which i can make, but we need ORE! Therefore I will be going to the cliffs to find search for it! Ovias have allready agreed to follow me but i would like two more fella's that can be of any use!" He nods to no one i particular and wait for their replies.
    I, for one, feel the need to explore. To stretch my legs would do me good, and I'm looking for berries which I could use as ink. I'm not bad in the woods, either.

Actions for the week:

1. Head to the cliffs with Zavulon
    2. Forage and look for ink-substitute berries on the way and when (if) he returns: Survival (1d20+5)[22]
    3. Regardless of whether he's in a mission or back at camp, Janson will do his night watch: Spot (1d20+7)[27] and Listen (1d20+7)[8]
    4. When he finds a small, furry creature along the way, he'll attempt to make it a pet: Handle Animal (1d20+6)[22]

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    Tano

"Master Roostin, you had mentioned rowing around the island earlier. Perhaps that is still a good idea, if we have time. What do you think?" asked Tano.
    Mara Herbswife

"That's not a bad idea, if one of the lifeboats is still seaworthy," commented Mara, overhearing. "Though it would perhaps be more useful, if slower, to walk along the shoreline instead. After all, while knowledge of the surrounding sea is useful, knowledge of the land can be put to use more immediately."
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335

OOC:

Sorry for the double post, I forgot to put my resource actions in the first post and you can't roll in an edited post.

Mara's actions for the week:

Join an exploration team heading down the coast (assuming one forms)
    Gather edible plants (Survival 10+3)
    Keep the dusk watch (Spot - (1d20+3)[16], Listen - (1d20+2)[14])
    Give long-term care to those injured in the Piggy Hunt (Heal 10+8)
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    One night when most of the survivors is gathered Zavulon pledges his cause.
    " LISTEN! If we are to survive we will be needing better tools and weapons, which i can make, but we need ORE! Therefore I will be going to the cliffs to find search for it! Ovias have allready agreed to follow me but i would like two more fella's that can be of any use!" He nods to no one in particular and waits for their replies.

Feln Zekor, Animal Trainer

I think I can be spared here long enough to go to the cliffs. I don't really know what help I'd be at mining, but I've got sharp eyes. Jes tell me what to look for. I think we could really use that forge, the sooner the better. I'm...not armed though. Do you know anyone that can fix a crossbow? (He seems embarrassed to admit this.)

Actions: Continue helping with the animals when not exploring (take 10+9)
    Head to the cliffs with Zav and co.
    Try to catch/domesticate any animal I can find. (Janson can have the cute furry things, I'll take anything that's trainable. It doesn't even need to be useful, I'd like having a pet :) 10+9=19 unless Janson helps me, in w/case 21)
    I challenge the laws of nature and reason by summoning the power of destruction. EXIST

7. - Top - End - #337

Maria

I forgot to put Maria's actions for taking watch. She'll take ten on both checks for a result of 10 on each.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

8. - Top - End - #338

Ben

Eventually, Ben hears of the group planning on exploring the island either in a boat or down the beach and volunteers his help (besides, what job could possibly be better than a long walk on the beach or a nice cruise?)

Weekly Actions:
    Survival (Fishing): (1d20+2)[8]

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, i have my team, so lets go to the cliffs!
    *explorer pose!*
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Janson Himmerhardt

Janson finds a likely-looking walking stick, a bit taller than him, and asks to borrow a knife so he can sharpen it to a point.

As he works, he laughs. If we meet a wild boar on the trail, perhaps it will simply run itself through. I'm not sure I could get this point to stick into sandy ground, much less the hide of a wild beast, but one must try, eh?

Janson notices his companion's shared interest in animals. When Feln asks, he doesn't hesitate: Of course. Together, we'd have no trouble training a flea to fetch firewood!

OOC: take 10 for a result of 16: Handle Animal

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:

Great! Zavulon, Ovias, Feln and Janson are ready to start exploring the cliffs. Choose a leader and follow the instructions in my Week 3 post in this thread.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Janson Himmerhardt

In my experience, the one who proposes the path may lead the excursion. Zavulon, what say you?

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zed's Dead View Post
    Janson Himmerhardt

In my experience, the one who proposes the path may lead the excursion. Zavulon, what say you?

I agree mr... Jason, was it?
    OKAY LADS. FOLLOW ME!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...78#post4016178
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

14. - Top - End - #344

Quote Originally Posted by Yeril View Post
    Im curious, who are the "writers guild" ?
    Gil, Epswitch, Maria, Roostin, and maybe Elias will be leaving to explore together as well. They will be heading to the cliffs the day before the mining group(We'll go Friday, they go Saturday, letting other groups go Thurs/Sun). Their primary purpose is to find civilized people or a sign of them, and are only climbing as high as they might need to see that. On the way up, they will secure ropes to the cliffs as needed, allowing for easier passage by later non-climber groups.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74053

For weekly actions: Gil will craft "alarm" traps composed of triplines and falling rocks or other loud noises to surround the new farmsite/clearing. He will make them easily reset-able, and will show the others how to avoid them when able. As this is a weekly action for a short-term task, I'll take 20+4 for craft trap.

Imbrallius: Can I borrow a signal whistle from the pile for the week?
    Last edited by smartaleq; 2008-03-03 at 01:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

Before leaving for the construction site again, having arranged with Zav the exploration for next week, Ovias looked up Imbrallius.

"Masterr Imbrrallius, just two shorrt points - I have to get going. Could you lend me from the common pile the brrass horrn? I'll rreally only use it the day Zav is taking me and a couple otherrs to the cliffs - if we rrun into trrouble, I want to have something that can be hearrd all arround."

"Also, if I may be so bold to ask, what arre you planning for the morrnings of next week? We could use yourr help at the constrruction site - I am afrraid that clearring will take a week no matterr what, but if you come, I can starrt on the constrruction itself while otherrs clearr"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-03-03 at 03:21 PM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: could we have the DM look at the Ore sidequest?

on M&B:

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Epswitch

At the appropriate day, which we, the members of the writers guild, chose to not conflict with other expeditions, Epswitch heads down to the beach to talk with Larry. "Larry! Good to see you. There are numerous expeditions heading out into the forests that I've heard about. I'm going to join one, but I was wondering if you could keep an eye on my chickens while I'm gone. I'll, of course, watch yours when you go, if you decide to, that is... or you can have a couple eggs as payment.... so.. what do you say?"
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Roostin

Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    Roostin looked up from where he was caulking the life boat. "Eh? Ah'd be happy to go with you, but Ah promised Gil yonder Ah'd he'p him with ropes and things on his trip to the cliffs. Ah need to finish making sure these boats are both right and tight 'fore Ah go, too. Maybe next week?"

At dawn, or when Imbralllius was first up and around in the morning, Roostin looked him up. "Imbrallius, Ah don't know if you've heard, but Gil and some of us are going to climb up the cliffs. We need rope, cause we want to leave a line so's others can get up easier. Ah don't know whut you can spare, but Ah'd surely like to take a couple of hundred feet or so. More if'n you'll let me have it."
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-03-04 at 09:05 PM. Reason: forgot something...

19. - Top - End - #349
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tano

"Of course, the boats take priority. Is there anything I can do while you're gone?" Tano asked.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Flashback: Return from the Piggy Hunt

Ovias, carrying as gently as he could, the fainted body of one of the hunters, laids him to rest under the meager protection afforded by the boats-and-canvas, as per Mara's instructions. She had managed to stabilise them, but they would be out of commission for a couple of days, and badly wounded for even more time after that. The hunt had been succesful, in the end, but they had come too close to complete disaster. Still, they had accumulated enough food for 25 people for two days, and a veritable wealth (100gp) of leather for their tanner to work on. Pitty he was the one currently lying at Ovias' feets.

<Don't worry, my friend, Mara will take care of you> said Ovias, before doubling back to drop part of the food in the pantry section of Imbrallius' ordered camp.

OOC: We may need to figure out when this happened - unless DM cares to revive them to full hitpoints by the next quest, some of these guys need up to four/five days of complete rest to recover, under Mara's long term care. I suppose that if we assume Wednesday, they'll be fine by Sunday, allowing them to start the third week with max HP.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

21. - Top - End - #351

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    OOC: We may need to figure out when this happened - unless DM cares to revive them to full hitpoints by the next quest, some of these guys need up to four/five days of complete rest to recover, under Mara's long term care. I suppose that if we assume Wednesday, they'll be fine by Sunday, allowing them to start the third week with max HP.
    Actually, I checked, and if they remain on bedrest until they are completely well, even Joseph will be back to full strength in 3 days. Maria will be back to full strength in 2 days; Eric needs a 2 and 1/2 days. And they'll all be conscious before then, so they can function if needed (though as a healer Mara won't like it).
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC:
    With full term care and rest, Maria, Joseph and Eric will be on their feet in 2 days, and if they only take light activities for the rest of the week, they should be fine by week 3.

Joseph lays still inhastily administerd bandages that ran red with the blood. The boar must of hit somthing vital in his leg and joe passed out from blood loss.

Not all was a failure, though three of us were now bed ridden, they had managed to provide boar for meat, Two of them even! That would provide everyone with a much needed feast for a few days, everyone could enjoy that.

WEEK 3 ACTIONS

use Craft (Leatherworking) To "upgrade" my longcoat with some thicker leather patches, hopefuly making it stronger, more durable, and more protective.

Craft (Leatherworking) : Leather Armor
    Taking 10, a weeks worth of Craft Leatherworking gives me a score of 15, making 18GP worth of equiptment, and leather armor costs 10gp, so I make 8gp excess crafting potential that I'll use to make some Waterskins, 8 of them.

USES 6GP worth of LEATHER
    PROVIDES 1 LEATHER ARMOR + 8 WATERSKINS

Spoiler
    Show
    The days went past, and with the wonderful care of Mara, Joseph was back on his feet and hobbling about the place, he quickly got to work with the boar skin, he had somthing in mind for it.

He started with an array of knives and razors, scraping them up and down the hide on both sizes to get rid of any unwanted flesh, dirt, skin and hair until there was just the tough hide left. He washed it in salt water, cleaned it, scrapped it and worked it until the hide had been worked into a makeshift leather, It wouldn't be as strong as conventional leather, but that took months to prepare.

When this was finished, he then cut the leather into patches, and then carefuly dismantled his coat and began sewing the leather plates into the fabric of the coat. It would be a shoddy job, But it would help protect him better if he found himself in a fight again.

When he was finished, he tried to make use of the leftover pieces, and eventualy decided to make some waterskins, they would be use here. Once they were sewn and made watertight, he kept one and left the rest in the "communal pile".

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

Restless to get back to work on his farming project, eric waists no time after coming round and hurrys back to the plot of land where he was working...

((Can someone stop me in RP please, what eric is doing is in character, but not the smartest thign to do ))
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie pixe View Post
    Restless to get back to work on his farming project, eric waists no time after coming round and hurrys back to the plot of land where he was working...

((Can someone stop me in RP please, what eric is doing is in character, but not the smartest thign to do ))

Catching up to him by running, Ovias grabs hold of Erric before he can leave the beach, and pleads "Frriend Erric, please don't leave! Mara will shave my bearrd if she discoverrs I let you injurre yourrself by worrking! I prromise I will make sure your plot of land is rready forr cultivation by next week, but until then you must rrest. I can cut the trrees, but only you can farrm the land! I'm surre Master Imbrrallius will find someone to substitute you, maybe even himself"

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

If you are sure...?

after being comforted, eric relents and heads back to be treated...

( i rest for the rest of the week)
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie pixe View Post
    If you are sure...?

after being comforted, eric relents and heads back to be treated...

( i rest for the rest of the week)
    OOC: Actually, as a rule of thumb, if Mara's numbers are correct (and I have no reason to doubt them), all you need is three days of resting - as long as piggy hunt happened in week 2 day 4, Eric'd be healthy enough to go exploring with Ovias on the 7th day, and ready to start clearing the sites on the first day of week 3, so no real changes of plans are needed, except that whatever task you attempted in week 2 would be unfinished.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:

Yes, all characters are at full hp when the exploration quest begins. A wounded character may complete his resource actions for week 2 and 3 normally, so that you don't have to calculate partial resource actions. You may, however, voluntarily forgo your resource action for week 3 to RP the injury.

Week 4 begins tomorrow. I'm not going to give you new quests or tasks for week 4; instead, you can continue exploring the island. You may continue your ongoing quest or start a new one. You may change teams (if Roostin, for example, wants to go rowing with Tano and Mara).
    Last edited by storyteller; 2008-03-08 at 10:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Heres an idea, How about, for future reference, If somone is injured and has to spend X days healing, they can still make a resource check, but at a -3 penalty per day.

Eg. Joseph has been injured and requires 5 days to heal up back to when he can go hunting again, he makes a profession hunting check for that week at a -15 penalty, Luckily because he has +7, this ends up at -8, and he scores a 19, meaning a total of 11, feeding himself out of good skill, and incredible luck
    Last edited by Yeril; 2008-03-08 at 02:01 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Joseph Bridgeman - Week 4 Resource Action

Clad is his now, even thicker coat, Joseph heads off into the wilderness once more to continue his hunt.

Profession (Hunter) - Take 10 - Scores 17 Feeds Himself + 3 Others

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

Eric the Brewer

I continue clearing out my plot of land, with the help of all those people who offered...
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show