New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

Tano

Spoiler
    Show
    Tano continues to aid Roostin in the construction of the boats (taking 10 to "aid another") and stand his two watches. Tano will also begin learning Profession (Sailor) from Roostin, and observe the fishermen at their work (in preparation for learning those skills if he ever makes it to second level). At least once per watch, and twice during the day, Tano will also climb Roostin's tree to look around for a few minutes.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Zavulon will attempt to gather gather ore if the search for it is succesfull- he will take 20.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    OOC: Zavulon will attempt to gather gather ore if the search for it is succesfull- he will take 20.
    OOC: You cannot take 20 in weekly things, because taking 20 takes 20 times the amount of time a regular action take. Sorry. I'm going to wait till the end of the exploration to decide on actions for week 4.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    OOC: You cannot take 20 in weekly things, because taking 20 takes 20 times the amount of time a regular action take. Sorry. I'm going to wait till the end of the exploration to decide on actions for week 4.
    take ten then?
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

on M&B:
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mara Herbswife

Sunday morning Mara approached Roostin and Tano where they worked on the ship. "Were you gentlemen still interested in exploring down the coast? We could go away from the cliffs, since those were thoroughly investigated last week. I still have hope of finding running water." Noting the condition of the lifeboats she adds, "If neither of the boats are seaworthy we can simply walk along the beach, though it will be a bit slower."

OOC: How soon will the areas Eric and Ovias found be ready for planting and human (/elf/dwarf/halfling) occupation? In other words, what week do we move to better lodging than our makeshift tents?

Mara's actions for week 4:

Form a group to explore down the coast - looking primarily for running water.
    Gather edible plants - Survival 10+3
    Help Ovias clear out area for/build shelter
    Give long-term care to anyone injured - Heal 10+8
    Keep the dusk watch - Spot - (1d20+3)[8],Listen - (1d20+2)[5]
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-03-09 at 07:31 PM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    Mara Herbswife

How soon will the areas Eric and Ovias found be ready for planting and human (/elf/dwarf/halfling) occupation? In other words, what week do we move to better lodging than our makeshift tents?
    Taking a break from the work at the sites, Ovias answers, <Can't really say, Mara. The sites will be clear of trees by the end of th week, which will allow Eric to start planting immediately, but construction of even small lodgings will take at least two weeks, and that is assuming three other people help me with it, which at this point I cannot count with - everyone else is too busy with other things, or they are too oposed to me to want to help. I did ask Imbrallious to help recruit some people, but so far he has been too busy with his own work to be able to properly convince others to help here.>

<For example, I was hoping to start laying some ground work for the refuge this week, but since only Maria, Eric, Zav and me are actually clearing out trees, we're missing people: we need four to clear the trees. I know that Zav and Eric will not help next week with the refuge (Zav wants to start mining, Eric wants to start his otato farm), and I can't count with Maria helping me with construction, so likely I will be all alone in the construction, which would take me almost two months. At that point, however, I'd likely find something else in which to occupy my time.>
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

7. - Top - End - #367

Taking a break from the work at the sites, Ovias answers, <Can't really say, Mara. The sites will be clear of trees by the end of th week, which will allow Eric to start planting immediately, but construction of even small lodgings will take at least two weeks, and that is assuming three other people help me with it, which at this point I cannot count with - everyone else is too busy with other things, or they are too oposed to me to want to help. I did ask Imbrallious to help recruit some people, but so far he has been too busy with his own work to be able to properly convince others to help here.>

<For example, I was hoping to start laying some ground work for the refuge this week, but since only Maria, Eric, Zav and me are actually clearing out trees, we're missing people: we need four to clear the trees. I know that Zav and Eric will not help next week with the refuge (Zav wants to start mining, Eric wants to start his otato farm), and I can't count with Maria helping me with construction, so likely I will be all alone in the construction, which would take me almost two months. At that point, however, I'd likely find something else in which to occupy my time.>
    Mara Herbswife

<As long as the others continue to bring in enough food for the group to survive I'd be happy to help however I can. I don't know home much use I'll be though. I know nothing of crafting wood, and I lack the strength of the assistants you are losing.> A frown flitted across her face as she added, <That is part of why I became a healer in first place. I lacked the skills and strength to haul nets as most women in my village did. Still, it will be better for everyone if we can establish a more permanent shelter - less danger from exposure and less vulnerability to foul weather. Not to mention I'm sure we'll all feel better when we have stout walls between ourselves and anything that may come at us during the night.>
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Mara Herbswife

<As long as the others continue to bring in enough food for the group to survive I'd be happy to help however I can. I don't know home much use I'll be though. I know nothing of crafting wood, and I lack the strength of the assistants you are losing.> A frown flitted across her face as she added, <That is part of why I became a healer in first place. I lacked the skills and strength to haul nets as most women in my village did. Still, it will be better for everyone if we can establish a more permanent shelter - less danger from exposure and less vulnerability to foul weather. Not to mention I'm sure we'll all feel better when we have stout walls between ourselves and anything that may come at us during the night.>
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

<Actually, it doesn't take that much physical strength - not always. I can provide the muscle when needed, but there is plenty enough to do. However, your work keeping us healthy has proven to be far more important than any of this construction work. So long as people are hurt, I cannot possibly ask you to help here, not when we are surrounded by dangers - not to mention the ones we actually go looking for...>

9. - Top - End - #369

<Actually, it doesn't take that much physical strength - not always. I can provide the muscle when needed, but there is plenty enough to do. However, your work keeping us healthy has proven to be far more important than any of this construction work. So long as people are hurt, I cannot possibly ask you to help here, not when we are surrounded by dangers - not to mention the ones we actually go looking for...>
    Mara Herbswife

<I have enough training that it truly doesn't take that much effort to care for two or three people, especially since they mostly need to sleep. Normally I supplement our food stocks with edible plants during the rest of the day, and if you truly think I can be of some help, this would simply be a change in my normal routine. Besides, building proper shelter is as important to me as a healer as it is to anyone wanting to get out of the wind and weather. Those who are injured are doubly vulnerable to the illnesses damp and cold can bring, and having true walls to shelter behind will go a long way toward preventing such complications.>
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

"There are many who can help Ovias, without sounding rude, I have seen many who havn't been "pulling their wieght" so to speak, Im sure they could be convinced to lend a hand, and likewise, even the hobbit and his friends should be able to see the benifits in helping construct a more permenant homestead." Joseph nods, joining in the conversation.

"Perhaps even Tano and Roostin can take a break from their shipbuilding schemes and help." Joe smiles hopefuly once more before heading into the forest a second time.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeril View Post
    "There are many who can help Ovias, without sounding rude, I have seen many who havn't been "pulling their wieght" so to speak, Im sure they could be convinced to lend a hand, and likewise, even the hobbit and his friends should be able to see the benifits in helping construct a more permenant homestead." Joseph nods, joining in the conversation.

"Perhaps even Tano and Roostin can take a break from their shipbuilding schemes and help." Joe smiles hopefuly once more before heading into the forest a second time.

"As much as I would like to think that is possible, I am afraid the elf is definetely against the idea, and likely so is Rrostin. Besides, afterr my last attempt at getting anyone to help, I have given up. Everryone in the camp knows about the sites, if they want to help they know werre to find Erric and me. That said, if you want to gatherr them, convince them to help with the prroject and send them ourr way, I would be grrateful."

"Anyway, if you think you will have time to help, frriend Mara, I will gladly have you. Howeverr, since we arre planning to explorre the cliffs soon, I am unwilling to commit to a definite schedule until we know what we find therre. I would still prreferr a cave to any shack I manage to build in the middle of a forrest."
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-03-09 at 07:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372

Since the boars gave us a small food buffer, Maria continues to work on clearing out a section of the forest. She takes 10 on her profession (lumberjack) check.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jagadaishio View Post
    Since the boars gave us a small food buffer, Maria continues to work on clearing out a section of the forest. She takes 10 on her profession (lumberjack) check.
    OOC: In week 4, you mean? Because the two sections Eric and Ovias needed clearing were cleared in the first week of working on them. I suppose you can continue to clear other chunks of forest, go for it, but Ovias could really use some help with construction.

14. - Top - End - #374

OOC: In week 4, you mean? Because the two sections Eric and Ovias needed clearing were cleared in the first week of working on them. I suppose you can continue to clear other chunks of forest, go for it, but Ovias could really use some help with construction.
    OOC: Just to make sure I'm on the same page - you guys started clearing in week 3 correct? And Mara is now volunteering to help out in week 4? That was my understanding at least.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Just to make sure I'm on the same page - you guys started clearing in week 3 correct? And Mara is now volunteering to help out in week 4? That was my understanding at least.
    OOC: As my understandment goes, Maria volunteered to help Ovias, Zav and Eric with their clearing-creating activities in week 3. Since DM said it takes 10gp to create the clearing, four people are enough to create two clearing in a week. However, once the clearings are created, what Ovias needs is help during weeks 4 and 5 to build the refuge itself (indeed, I was hoping for enough volunteerers for the clearing in week 3 to get Ovias started in the refuge on week 3, but that has not happened). Mara would have to help in week 4, and that will be on the refuge indeed.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Roostin

Roostin continued mending the lifeboats until they were both as seaworthy as he could make them. He added small masts and a simple sail as well. One night* at campfire, he announced, "Well, Ah've fixed up the two boats we had now. We can take one and row around the island and see whut we can see. Maybe the fishermen could use the other one and get a bigger catch; Ah know it's easier to catch them dang fish if'n you're actually fishing where they are."

He sat for a while, chewing on whatever food had been offered him. "Ah know some people been acting like there are two different crews on this island. Ah might even be one of the people whut might have he'pd people get that idea. Ah'm going to try one more time to explain mahself, and if'n Ah cain't, then Ah'm just going to shut up cause it's too hard." Roostin paused again, trying to get his thoughts in order. "Ah ain't an idiot, and Ah don't like being treated like Ah'm too stupid to understand. Ah will work on a project if'n a person will tell me whut it's going to be and why Ah should do it. Ah know Ah can build a boat and get off this dang island, and Ah've told you whut Ah'm going to do to make that happen. If'n y'all want me to do something else with mah time, you have to tell me whut that something is, and how much of mah time you want."

"Yes, Ovias, Ah'm looking at you. You keep telling me you know whut you're doing and Ah should just trust you and do whut you tell me, and when Ah ask, 'whut is it you want me to do' you answer 'Ah already told you and Ah ain't going to tell you again!' Well, maybe you did, but if you did Ah don't remember whut you said, so if'n you would just kindly tell me whut it is you want to build and where it is you want to build and how long you think it's going to take, Ah would thank you kindly."

Roostin grinned, showing the vestiges of the devil-may-care boy he once was. "Long time ago a feller told me Ah should just trust him and Ah would have all the girls, gin, and good times a man could have and Ah wouldn't never have to see a plow again. Last honest thing that feller ever said to me was, 'sign here, boy, and you'll be a sailor-man', so you'll forgive me if Ah ain't the trusting type no more."

OOC: Since I don't know how much damage the boats sustained in the fire/escape/salvage trip, I can't estimate how long the repairs would take. Hence, this conversation took place whenever he was done, whether that be in week 3, 4, or whatever.

17. - Top - End - #377

OOC: As my understandment goes, Maria volunteered to help Ovias, Zav and Eric with their clearing-creating activities in week 3. Since DM said it takes 10gp to create the clearing, four people are enough to create two clearing in a week. However, once the clearings are created, what Ovias needs is help during weeks 4 and 5 to build the refuge itself (indeed, I was hoping for enough volunteerers for the clearing in week 3 to get Ovias started in the refuge on week 3, but that has not happened). Mara would have to help in week 4, and that will be on the refuge indeed.
    Since the clearing appears to be quite cleared already, Maria will help Ovias on the construction of the communal shelter and palisade. The wood from the clearings should be enough for this week of work at the very least.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
    Roostin
    <snip>
    "Yes, Ovias, Ah'm looking at you. You keep telling me you know whut you're doing and Ah should just trust you and do whut you tell me, and when Ah ask, 'whut is it you want me to do' you answer 'Ah already told you and Ah ain't going to tell you again!' Well, maybe you did, but if you did Ah don't remember whut you said, so if'n you would just kindly tell me whut it is you want to build and where it is you want to build and how long you think it's going to take, Ah would thank you kindly."
    "You arre looking at me, you say? I cannot imagine why would that be. I have always been clearr about my prriorrities: to keep everryone in this grroup alive. Forr that, we need shelterr. I cannot build boats, I can harrdly fish, but I can build, so I will build whateverr I can to help out with this situation. Yes, obviously Erric and I found two nearrby sites, his perrfect forr farrming, mine good enough forr contrruction. Once finished the clearring of trrees, I will starrt on the rrefuge. It will be a small palisade, prrobably with sails strretched overr it. Howeverr, constrruction will be slow: on averrage, a trrainee can build 10 feet a week, and I prrobably will go no fasterr than 15."

"My idea is to build four 20 feet long walls in the clearring. This gives an innerr surrface of 400 squarre feet. It will harrdly be huge, but enough for the 20-something people in the grroup to sleep inside or take rrefuge in case of an attack. It will also be a starrting point, which we can add to if we have the time and the rresources. I will build a mixed wood/stone palisade, so as to not use all the wood we have, and to make it strronger."

"One <caveat>, howeverr: I will not have in the site people unwilling to take orrderrs. Constrruction is a trricky thing, and those unwilling to listen I will not have. We have worrked togetherr, and I know it is not yourr case, Rroostin, but it is so with otherrs herre. Those people I want out of the way."

"Finally, since we arre being so open with each otherr, I must say I find yourr own ship prroject verry dangerrous. You have neitherr tarr norr wax to prrotect the wood frrom the waterr, and you arre using grreen wood, rrecently cut, to build. Any boat built frrom such will quickly leak and sink: you need to drry the lumberr firrst. We also have a pitiful small amount of irron nails, without which your ship will not stay togetherr in strrong weatherr orr currents. And even if all those things werre solved, we have neitherr charrts norr enough sailorrs to get all of us out of herre: if you finish a boat, load it with food and waterr and leave, who will rremain to take the rrest of us out of herre?"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-03-10 at 06:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

Writer's Guild has completed the first part of its mission: to climb to the top of the cliffs. They may now continue to explore new areas if they wish. Zavulon's mining team has found some iron ore, and thus their quest is completed. Feln and Janson also found some cute animals, so you'll have new mouths to feed, hehe

You may now change teams if you wish and go rowing, for example. Beware the sea monsters

Here's an updated map, thanks to Epswitch's efforts:

HTML Code:
    ??????????????
    ????????????*-
    ???????????**-
    ???????^??*tt-
    ??????^^^ttt.-
    ???????^ttt.--
    ??????ttttt.--
    ??????tttt^---
    ?????ttttt^---
    ????ttttttt^--
    ---.tttttt.---
    ----.tttt.----
    -----..tt.----
    -------..-----
    --------------

. beach
    t forest
    ^ cliffs or hills
    * marsh
    ? unknown; "fog of war"
    I'll later post another map with all important locations marked on it...

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Epswitch

{{ Yeah! Go team Supercool! }}

Back at camp, Epswitch tends to his flock and relaxes a bit in his 'tent'. About at the end of the 3rd week, the incubation period on the first batch of eggs has been reached and numerous baby chicks appear in and around Epswitch's camp.

Epswitch spends week 4 tending to the newborns and seeing that everything in his camp area is progressing nicely. He spends about half the week also gathering wood so he can build a small(halfling sized) structure(about the size of a small chicken coop).

"Ah, they're so cute when they're that size." The little baby chickens are all yellow and fluffy and cute, but have wicked sharp beaks, so watch out.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-11 at 01:29 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

21. - Top - End - #381
    Halfling in the Playground

Ben

Ben approaches Mara some convinient time. "I'd be interested in gettin' a look around this island. Seeing the same faces, same trees, same everything is starting to get to me."

Week 4 action:
    Fishing (Survival): (1d20+2)[6]

22. - Top - End - #382

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Ben

Ben approaches Mara some convinient time. "I'd be interested in gettin' a look around this island. Seeing the same faces, same trees, same everything is starting to get to me."

Week 4 action:
    Fishing (Survival): [roll0]
    Mara Herbswife

"I can understand that," responds Mara, smiling kindly. Her tone makes it clear she is speaking from experience as she continues, "It's difficult to watch everyone else working when you can't do anything to help yourself. If you're at loose ends, I know Ovias could use some help with constructing a more permanent shelter. I'm doing what I can, but I just don't have the strength to do alot of the lifting. I'm sure he would be pleased to have another pair of hands."
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
    Zavulon's mining team has found some iron ore, and thus their quest is completed. Feln and Janson also found some cute animals, so you'll have new mouths to feed, hehe

Coming back from the expedition, Ovias looks elated, a definite spring in his step, and a strongly clutched bag of redish ore that can be turned into pure iron. He carefully returns the horn he borrowed from the common pile, thankful of not having needed it.

To those around the camp, he resumes the expedition, "We werre succesful: we found a prromising irron vein, in a shallow cave that might be able to be expanded - but I will finish the forrest rrefuge beforre turrning to that. Zavulon is itching to starrt the mining operration, although brringing the metal back herre may be a prroblem - any ideas on that would be apprreciated. I am used to building the city arround the mine, not the otherr way arround. The orre cave about 30 feet above the grround, too, which may cause additional trroubles down the line, but that if we can indeed expand would be the perrfect defensive place."

"Oh, also, the two humans found some kind of crreaturres they intend to rraise. Anyone interrested betterr ask them dirrectly - I was not paying that much attention to it myself, what with the irron being so close"

"If an expedition goes towarrds the west, I will be happy to go as well. As a prreferrence, I would rratherr walk, but if everryone else would rratherr take boats, and therre is space forr me, I can worrk with that"

"Finally, this week I intend to starrt worrk on the rrefuge. If I could know who would like to help, that would rreally help in the orrganisation of the worrk. I already am counting on Mara and Maria, any otherr takerrs?"

Actions for week 4:
    Construction at the site: while directing Mara, Maria and any other volunteers to work on the wooden parts, work on the stone sections of the construction: stonemasonery 10+8.

Quest week four: Mara's expedition
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-03-11 at 05:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    What type of animals were found on the ore-hunting expedition?
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jagadaishio View Post
    OOC:

Spoiler
    Show
    What type of animals were found on the ore-hunting expedition?
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I really should've added that as a note. We rescued a Fennec fox (adorable little thing) from a dire rat, and they found the egg of some bird, too, which I assume they'll have to hatch somehow over the coming weeks. The egg is about as big as a chicken egg. Ovias, if asked, will say "a dog with big ears and an egg"

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

there would be no reason to mine ore whitout a smelter, and no reason to smelt whitout a forge, but now as they know theres ore they need a smelter and a forge.
    sounds like a building project!

on M&B:

27. - Top - End - #387

Feln Zekor

Feln is so deliriously happy you'd think he found a smuggler's stash of rum. He proudly shows off his furry new friend, the fennec fox, to anyone who shows the slightest interest. His first stop though is with Mara herbwife. "Can you help, please?" He asks with a puppy dog look. He delicately unwraps the bandages to show her the fox's wounds. "They're giant rat bites and I'm worried my little friend will get sick."

Action for the week: Train the fox to "heel". Handle Animal - (1d20+9)[26]vs DC 15.

Spoiler
    Show
    BTW: What is the gender of the fox? What is its Int (and other stats for that matter?) Does it have the scent quality?
    I challenge the laws of nature and reason by summoning the power of destruction. EXIST

28. - Top - End - #388

Mara Herbswife

Mara laughed a bit at Feln's expression, but gave her full attention to the wounded animal. "I've never tried to heal a fox," she commented absently, her voice muffled as she dug through her backpack, "but I expect- ah, here they are!"

Mara emerged triumphantly with a small bundle of dried herbs, all that was left of the medicinal plants she had gathered the second week. Thanks to these, she had barely had to touch the healer's kit when taking care of those the she-boar had injured. Crumbling the brittle leaves, Mara used water from her waterskin to make a paste, which she then smeared on the worst of the wounds before carefully re-wrapping the bandages around them.

"Change the bandages daily, but leave the paste on as long as you can," she instructed. "It should stop any infection. When you can't see any of the paste anymore - probably in about three days - rinse all the wounds with fresh water, boiled, if possible. I'll check on you and your new friend occasionally to make sure everything is going well."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming this is a flashback to Week 3, since that's when you went to the cliffs. That being the case, Mara has no light actions to take in Week 3, so she might as well help you heal up your fuzzy friend.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

You notice that the fox is male. He does sniff around a lot like dogs do, so maybe he has Scent, but you can't be sure. You also notice that his ears are very keen. Like dogs, foxes are intelligent animals (Int 2).

He eats everything you give him, but still it seems he doesn't trust you. Unlike dogs, foxes are wild animals and they have those wild genes that makes them harder to be trained than domesticated animals.

OOC: You have no idea what his stats are, but foxes' physiology is similar to that of dogs of the same size. You'll have to make another Handle Animal check to rear the fox, but you can do that on the same week as you start teaching him tricks. If you fail, you won't get another chance to rear the same animal.

30. - Top - End - #390

Feln Zekor

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting domestication Handle animal - (1d20+9)[14]
    If I'm having a tough time of it, I'll ask Janson for help.

EDIT: Die roller hates me again, I may need aid another to pull this off. Do I get a circumstance mod for saving it?
    Last edited by journeyman; 2008-03-14 at 05:04 PM.
    I challenge the laws of nature and reason by summoning the power of destruction. EXIST