Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 440
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    "Come on, I'm surre we will be able to use yourr help. I need you to check forr life signs in some of these people. We will have to burry them soon, lest they brring sickness to the living, but some may be possible to save"
    Mara Herbswife


    "Yes, of course." Mara snaped into healer mode, shoving the hysterics further back. There would be time to break down later. As she followed Ovias she noticed two newcomers by the bodies the sailor was searching. One seemed to be in a state of mild shock, the other appeared to be demanding something from the sailor. In a crisis, people who are working are too busy to panic. The advice, given by her teacher while caring for those wounded in a nasty building collapse, ran through her mind.

    "Ovias, I'll be back in a moment." Trotting up the beach, she dropped her backpack next to the pile of items salvaged from the corpses.

    "Would you keep an eye on this for me, sailor? Thanks." Without waiting for a response she turned to the other two - an angry, dirty-looking halfling and a well muscled human.

    "You two, come with me. I'm a healer, and you are going to help me check for survivors." Then she turned and trotted back toward the prone figures on the beach, not looking to see if they followed. She only prayed silently that her teacher had been correct, and that anyone who acted like they were in charge in a time of crisis would be treated like they were in charge.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Spoiler
    Show
    resource: survival: take ten.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    sickler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Courtenay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Too many people were talking at once for Ben, but the young woman who had just approached had given him a fairly simple request. "Watch my things too." Ben stated to the sailor as he moved his sack over beside the other things. Remembering the mentions of burial, he pulled out his shovel from the sack and set it at the end of the line of bodies. "And you can use this for the dead."

    Turning to follow the woman, he saw she was already a distance ahead of him. Check for survivors., Ben repeated as he began to jog down onto the beach.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    Watching Mara find a focus of her own, Ovias remembered that he, too, should be working. It seemed that the sailor had managed to get hold of two spades, so taking one, he looked for a good place in which to dig, away from the sea and beyond the high tide line, where he could start the mass grave. He made sure he kept Mara in sight, in case she needed him, and felt into the work mantra that had helped him in the mines.

    He was also planning on getting some food. He checked, and his pouch had remained safely closed, so his tools were safe, and amongst them his fishing gear. He would be needing a new fishing rod, eventually (his old one had remained in the ship, on his bunk, no time to pick it up during evacuation), but in the meantime the line and hook would do to catch enough fish to feed himself, and hopefully Mara as well.

    *actions: finish digging the grave (hopefuly with some help), then resources against survival (take 10) +2 (survival fishing)*
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yeril's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Joseph, upon hearing of the fire quickly ran back to his locker to retreive his possesions before heading off the ship, His travel bag, his trusty hunting crossbow, an old weathered spear, and his longcoat. He dived into the water after the lifeboats, a bold and fruitless move as he was ravaged by the waves and almost passed out and drown.

    Half exhausted, half dead he crawled up onto the beach.
    "Damn.. Damn..." his groans as he lifts himself to his feat, giving a casual glance back at the burning ship, and towards the other survivors.

    "Damn! I don't beleive it, shipwrecked! On some god-forsaken island no doubt, and to top it I lost me bloody crossbow!" he swears and kicks the sand, spluttering up some seawater with a wheezy cough.

    Grazing over the other survivors once more he headed towards the dwarf, He seemed to radiate leadership, the others almost gravitated to him and the young girl, so he might as well do the same.

    "'Ovais was it?" he nods at the dwarf. "Eer, what can I do to help?" he asks with mild uncertinty.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Maria

    Maria strode unhesitatingly up to the gray-bearded dwarf apparently orchestrating the processing of the corpses which washed ashore. Tapping him on the shoulder, she quickly advised, "If you're going to bury the bodies, either bury them deep or have a hunter watch the burial site. Animals will dig for them, we may as well use that as a resource."
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yeril View Post
    "'Ovais was it?" he nods at the dwarf. "Eer, what can I do to help?" he asks with mild uncertinty.
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "Good morrning, neighbourr. Please, call me Grrey - everryone does.", Ovias answered, and continued, "I'm afraid I do not rrecall yourr name. If you want to help, therre is plenty to do, depending on wherre yourr strrengths lie. Rright now my prriorrities arre to attend the dead and the living, by digging a grrave and then prroviding food forr lunch. Once ourr strrength and morrale is back, we should look forr a good place forr a perrmanent camp, but morre than likely that will have to wait a day orr two. You may also want to help my frriend Mara, although she seems to have alrready commandeered all the help she needs", Ovias ended with a smile that, as usual, only fully deployed on the left side of his face.

    Not a moment after he had finished saying this, another human tapped him in the shoulder and said:
    Quote Originally Posted by jagadaishio View Post
    Maria

    Maria strode unhesitatingly up to the gray-bearded dwarf apparently orchestrating the processing of the corpses which washed ashore. Tapping him on the shoulder, she quickly advised, "If you're going to bury the bodies, either bury them deep or have a hunter watch the burial site. Animals will dig for them, we may as well use that as a resource."
    With a hard look, he answered, "A dwarrf always digs deep. But if you'rre uncerrtain of my ability, may I rrecommend you help me?"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-17 at 07:10 PM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yeril's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    "Joseph, and my strengths lie in getting lunch." He pauses. "Although, I lost my hunting crossbow to the sea, I've got my spear but Im not that good with it. Besides its unfamiliar land and forests which I would not be confident braving alone, If you know some others who can hunt, then I would gladly go with them."

    He nods, his mouth is open for a moment, as if he has more to say, but he nods once more as he decides he has covered all to be said.

    Ooc: Heres alittle Drawing of Joseph, although he doesnt have his crossbow on the island.


  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Tano

    When Roostin brought the sailcloth over to keep the gulls away from the bodies, Tano helped him weight down the edges. As more bodies were brought up, Tano gently folded the heavy cloth back to place the additional dead under cover. Finding this to be a somewhat full time job, he kept at it until all the dead had been gathered.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    [B]With a hard look, he answered, "A dwarrf always digs deep. But if you'rre uncerrtain of my ability, may I rrecommend you help me?"
    "I was only suggesting that I guard the burial site until no more animals come. If you need some help, I would be happy to look for a proper burial site inland when I explore. Sand is a poor place to bury anything you want to stay buried," Maria explained, gaze unwavering and almost slightly bored. "Would that help?"
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Epswitch

    Stopping when the main complains, Epswitch turns around. The bald halfling looks up at the man who so objected to using the bodies as bait. Yes.. Roostin The halfling scowls, giving him the appearance of a demon possessed doll and says, "It would seem you are ranking member of the crew. As such, I'd like to submit an official complaint and request a refund. Clearly we did not arrive at our destination, so if you'd please." The halfling stands up straight to his full intimidating height(2'10") and holds out his hand, expecting cash.
    Roostin looked at him for a moment and then laughed. A full, hearty, haven't laughed in a long time belly-aching, side-splitting, sand-rolling, laugh. "Sorry, sorry," he gasped, over and over, desperately trying to gain control of himself. Finally dragging himself back from the edge of hysteria, Roostin sat in the sand and grinned at Epswitch. "They got ya good, huh? Did ya read the dang thing? It don't say nowhere thet you're actually promised a dang thing 'cept a ride on a ship. Nope, 'tween 'unforseen weather conditions', 'interference by agents of governments or private companies known or unknown', 'unexpected delays' and my favorite, 'unanticipated problems', they ain't promised to actually get you nowhere, nohow, nowhen. Now, if'n you want to complain to whoever convinced you to go to this here colony you was trying to get to, they might give a dang. 'Course, you've got a long swim ahead of you if'n you want to try it. Now, this is fun and all, but Ah've got to get back to work."

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Elias
    Auww... my head..., Elias thought as he slowly returned to consciousness.

    Opening dirt covered eyes, he found himself on a debris littered beach tightly clutching a travel bag . The clothes and cloak he had been wearing was now drenching wet and covered in bits of sand and seaweed. The boat... what happened? Last thing he could remember was sleeping in the crow's nest of the ship, some sort of violent motion, then falling into the ocean. Nothing more.

    As he slowly rose from the sand, some distance away he could see a small group gathering. Most likely other survivors of the ship. After taking a few steps forward, however, he collapsed back to the ground. Seems he needed a moment to regain his strength before moving on...
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    When that woman left, he was glad. Hugging a dwarf. He'd heard of half-elves, but come on. Didn't humans have any sense of right and wrong. As she left it almost seemed like she ordered me to follow. Fat chance of that happening

    Arm still outstretched, waiting for his reimbursement, Epswitch warned this new woman away, "Don't even think of speaking of the dead as a resource to attract animals, our little boson's mate here will bite yer head off." What was her name... Mary or something

    I wonder if the ship's owner will send another looking for survivors. I doubt it, no profit in that. We're probably here for the long haul. When he heard the dung coming out of the sailor's mouth, he knew he was wasting his time. "Work indeed, 'posed to get paid for doing work." Epswitch gathers himself up and goes back to collecting the remains of his luggage. Careful to ward away anyone who thinks his gear is composed of resources.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-17 at 08:08 PM. Reason: fix grammer/ninja action
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Mara Herbswife


    Mara smiled as one of the prone figures further down the beach climbed to his feet and, realizing the situation, vigorously proved that he was breathing. When he headed away from the water-line, toward Ovias, she returned to the task at hand. Looking behind her, she saw that the halfling had ignored her, but the man at least had followed.

    "You there," she said, motioning to him. "This is the best way to check if someone is alive." Drawing her dagger, she held the flat of the blade near the mouth of the nearest body. "If you see a slight mist form on the blade, the person is still breathing. If you don't have a blade, the next best way is to put your ear next to the person's mouth and listen," she added, demonstrating. Sitting up, she sighed. "This fellow is no longer with us. Either leave him here for the others to carry or bring him back yourself. I'm going down to the other end of the beach to start checking people over there. Call if you think you've found a live one." This last was said over her shoulder, as Mara headed away from the group.

    Reaching the furthest figure she could see without losing sight of the rest of the survivors, Mara set to work. The first two bodies she checked were corpses. Mara dragged them above the high tide line and moved on, her face impassive. As she examined the third figure, however, she brightened. Like the others she had checked, the man was covered with sand and bits of seaweed, but when she carefully rolled him over and held her dagger by his mouth, his breath misted on the blade almost immediately. He clutched a travel bag, and he and it both were damp despite the sun. He probably got re-soaked when the tide came in last night, thought Mara grimly as she dragged him above the tide line. He's just lucky he didn't wash back out to sea. Removing her cloak, Mara wrapped it gently around the unconscious man, then took off down the beach, toward the rest of the group.

    "I need a blanket and dry clothes for someone a foot taller than myself!" she shouted as soon as the rest of the group was within earshot. "If someone can find enough driftwood to start a fire that would also help! I found a survivor, but he's cold and wet and has probably been so all night."
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Feln Zekor, Animal Trainer

    The sun was up, he must be late for work. His eyes felt gritty and stuck shut, the rest of him just ached. I didn't drink last night.., he thought to himself in a faintly questioning tone. What did I do last night? The sunset was beautiful...I went to sleep...I woke up and saw red light again, not sunrise...FIRE! With that thought, Feln jolted upright and coughed up some seawater. He remembered now, there had been a fire aboard. The crew couldn't contain it and the ship had gone down. He'd tried to swim ashore. Without any proper training at it, his poor dogpaddling hadn't made much progress to shore. It seemed he'd been swimming for hours. He didn't remember actually making it to the island, but if this was the afterlife, he obviously hadn't said enough prayers. So, with a quick, though heartfelt prayer to whatever friendly power might be listening, he wiped the sand from his eyes and looked around. There were many people moving on the beach, but not nearly as many as had been on the ship. Seeing bodies dragged to a row told him quite clearly the fate of the others. He hadn't really known anyone on board, so he felt almost sorry he wouldn't know how to properly mourn them. It occured to him that scavengers would be coming for the bodies soon enough. Another quick look around confirmed his fears. There were no soldiers, no guards, with this bunch, barely anyone who had a weapon at all. Those bodies needed to be buried quickly or more might be joining them. A quick check of his things showed his feedbag and water were still tied to his waist, hopefully the wax seals had held. His trainer's kit had the straps looped over a large piece of driftwood, he must have grabbed it before his strength ran out. He needed to do something useful, so he went to join the dwarf and others digging a mass grave. The little spade from his kit wasn't much, but it beat digging with his hands. The dwarf seemed to be in charge, which made a certain sense given their reputation for digging. A formal introduction didn't seem necessary, so he just said "I'm Feln", nodded respectfully, and got to work digging. He'd worry about finding someone to fix his Grandpa's crossbow later.

    Current Actions: Dig the grave, bury the bodies.
    I challenge the laws of nature and reason by summoning the power of destruction. EXIST


  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    What? Epswitch turns to see who is jabbering at him now. Oh, its that crazy woman. I'll have to play this smooth. What did those human woman at the bar like to be called... right. Epswitch walks over, checking the beach for his stuff as he goes. Stopping 10 feet away, he says, "Look wench, I'l got things to do here. In case you hadn't noticed, the ship sunk and all of our possession have been scattered by the waves." Epswitch takes a deep breath before he continues..Ah, I do like the smell of the salty air. Much cleaner and fresher than chimney air.

    He motions to the body and says, "You are doing that all wrong. Just because they are breathing doesn't mean they'll ever wake up again. Take the blade and stab them in the hand. Not too hard, but hard enough. If they wake up or scream or flinch, then they are alive. If they just lay there, leave'm for the wolves."

    Epswitch turned to leave and then remembered, her last request and turned back to her saying, "As for dragging the bodies around. Well, look at me. This man's boots are taller than I am and weigh more too. If you want to arrange the bodies, by all means do so, but please remove their clothing first. I suspect it'll be a long long time before anyone manages to build a loom and start weaving cloth."

    Action : Antagonize the survivors and look for my stuff. If I see that guy who was tending the animals on the ship, try to make friends.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    You manage to find a place suitable for burying the bodies. Ovias tells you to dig deep so that scavengers cannot smell the bodies and try to dig them up. It takes 5-6 hours to dig a grave big enough for all the bodies. You're sweaty and dirty after the hard work (except the halfling and a few others who didn't help you).

    You've stripped the bodies of any possessions that might be useful (I'll give a detailed list next Sunday when I know how many player characters have drowned, i.e. no-shows and those withdrawn from the game) and you're ready to bury them. Does anyone want to say something before you bury the bodies?

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rayzin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ray Zhang eventually gets up.As he looks around he sees that hes on land and not the boat.
    "What happened here?"

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Epswitch

    What? Epswitch turns to see who is jabbering at him now. Oh, its that crazy woman. I'll have to play this smooth. What did those human woman at the bar like to be called... right. Epswitch walks over, checking the beach for his stuff as he goes. Stopping 10 feet away, he says, "Look wench, I'l got things to do here. In case you hadn't noticed, the ship sunk and all of our possession have been scattered by the waves." Epswitch takes a deep breath before he continues..Ah, I do like the smell of the salty air. Much cleaner and fresher than chimney air.

    He motions to the body and says, "You are doing that all wrong. Just because they are breathing doesn't mean they'll ever wake up again. Take the blade and stab them in the hand. Not too hard, but hard enough. If they wake up or scream or flinch, then they are alive. If they just lay there, leave'm for the wolves."

    Epswitch turned to leave and then remembered, her last request and turned back to her saying, "As for dragging the bodies around. Well, look at me. This man's boots are taller than I am and weigh more too. If you want to arrange the bodies, by all means do so, but please remove their clothing first. I suspect it'll be a long long time before anyone manages to build a loom and start weaving cloth."

    Action : Antagonize the survivors and look for my stuff. If I see that guy who was tending the animals on the ship, try to make friends.
    Mara Herbswife


    Mara stared at the arrogant halfling speechlessly, her breath taken away both by the run and by the little man's callous rudeness. By the time she recovered, his back was turned and he was walking away. If looks could kill, the glare from Mara's eyes, so dark a brown that they were almost black, would have struck down the halfling many times over. Don't waste time arguing with the whole when you can be tending to the injured, thought Mara, remembering another piece of advice her teacher had given her. Ovias and some of his group had disappeared inland, presumably in search of a safe place to bury the dead, and those who remained were busy ferrying the bodies that she and her helper had confirmed were deceased. They would have no time to help her find what she needed right now. The next moment someone emerged from the milling crowd and offered her a blanket, appologizing for not having the correct size clothing.

    "Thanks, this helps, this helps alot," said Mara with a warm smile for the helpful stranger.

    Muttering under her breath about halflings who didn't know enough to be polite to a healer, even a half-trained one, Mara hurried up the beach to her backpack and extracted her spare outfit. Thanking the gods she had thought to put one in there rather than leaving them all in the small trunk that had held most of her belongings, Mara returned to the unconscious man and pulled back her cloak to check him.

    He had dried out considerably more than she expected, her cloak absorbing much of the water from his damp clothes. Pleased, she brushed back her shoulder-length sun-bleached brown hair to examine him more carefully. Though his breathing was shallow and his skin cold to the touch, his pulse was strong and his color was coming back. As long as he's kept warm, he should be fine. After a moment's hesitation, Mara peeled off the stranger's wet shirt and cloak. Her own clothes were clearly too small for this man, but they functioned as a makeshift blanket for his upper half, once she had rolled him onto her spare cloak to keep him off the not yet sun-warmed sand. For the first time wishing she had brought skirts rather than breeches, Mara draped the winter blanket over him, then wrapped the edges of the cloak over him. She nodded to herself, satisfied that she had done all she could. Finally, she spread his shirt and both of their cloaks on the beach to dry, weighing them down with small stones so they would not blow away.

    Moving down the beach again, Mara checked the rest of the bodies, but found no spark of life in them. With a sigh, she returned to the survivor, sat down next to him, and settled in to watch the waves and wait for him to wake.
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-02-18 at 10:20 AM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Imbrallius - human clerk

    Description: A fairly short, thin with long fingers man. His hair is brown and was kept neat, but fatigue and stress have caused him to grip it one too many times. He wears the outfit of a traveller and has a small knife on his belt. He carries a pack and two sacks. His eyes constantly flit about, and he frequently mutters 'oh dear' or 'terrible, terrible' to himself.

    This was terrible. Terrible, terrible. Nothing could describe how terrible it was.

    "My gods, how did it come to this?" Imbrallius looked around and saw everyone scurrying about, disorganized. The clerk in him cringed, such disorganization brought ruin. Right now, he just wanted to lay down and mourn, but that was going to have to wait.

    He heard the woman asking for clothes and a blanket. He had both, but he was too short. He opened his packs almost without thinking and handed the winter blanket to the woman. "Here, I'm afraid I might be a bit too short for the clothes."

    "We need to be organized." It was almost imperceptible at first. Imbrallius wasn't used to speaking. "We need to organize ourselves." He said, a bit louder this time. "We need food, and we need shelter. Let's not wander around haphazardly. Let's get everything down so that we know what's happening." Imbrallius pulled out a sheet of parchment. "We should assign teams to building and foraging for food, as well as see if we have some strong swimmers who can salvage anything from the ship."

    Imbrallius looks about for good land to start building shelter (Knowledge: architecture - take 10 for a 14.) He makes notes on another sheet of parchment regarding optimum building sizes and numbers for a small place. One big building to house 30 people might not be a good idea, maybe 5 buildings to house 6, depending on how his calculations work.

    ACTION: Getting names and organizing survivors into teams. Trying to get people who are good at something to do that something. Then, picking out a good flat location to place shelter and fire. Probably working with Grey on that.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-02-18 at 10:41 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Rayzin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ray Zhang walks over to the man who is drawing on the paper
    "Sir...Excuse me, but were are we and what happened?"

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon.

    Zavulon walked all up to the stunty talking about organizing. "youre saying that YOU could organize this mess and make it liveable?" Zavulon towered over the little man, and grinned. "excellent, i sign up fer the swiming."
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-18 at 10:52 AM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fisher's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    3rd Planet From the Sun
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    Mara Herbswife
    Moving down the beach again, Mara checked the rest of the bodies, but found no spark of life in them. With a sigh, she returned to the survivor, sat down next to him, and settled in to watch the waves and wait for him to wake.


    Elias

    It wasn't long after collapsing that Elias awoke to the world again, feeling warmer than he had before succumbing to his own fall. Looking left and right he could see that the people were much busier and that several were hauling away the dead.

    It was then he noticed the young woman sitting beside him. Rising to a sitting position and still slightly perplexed he asked, "Excuse me miss, you wouldn't happen to have the time? I need to hurry if I'm to deliver these letters"

    Staring out into the see and remembering the accident he countered, "Oh... that's right. Nevermind"
    Avatar by Doran Liadon

    GITP Player Sheet (Updated: 10/3/09)

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yeril's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Joseph
    Resource Gathering: Food

    Heading out into the underbrush, going only deep enough that he had a chance to find animals, but staying close enough to the beach, that if the worst should happen he could scream and hope help arrived in time.

    Rolling for the d20, no taking 10 for me!
    Proffession Hunter: (1d20+7)[23] Enough to Feed Joe + 6 others.

    A few hours later..

    The hunting went well, after only a short time he had already managed to catch a hare*. After catching a particuarly large bounty of animals, small rabbits*, hares*, even a fox*, enough to feed half a dozen or so of the survivors.

    "Somone get a cooking pot ready, we've got some stew meat!" he says triumphantly, holding his bounty high. Joseph then sits, pulls a specialy crafted knife from a belt pouch and begins the grisley task of skinning the creatures. The burden and shock of being stranded didn't hit Joseph, He was busy, entertained, and quite pleased with his haul.

    *Replace with more setting appropriate animals.
    Last edited by Yeril; 2008-02-18 at 11:55 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post

    Elias

    It wasn't long after collapsing that Elias awoke to the world again, feeling warmer than he had before succumbing to his own fall. Looking left and right he could see that the people were much busier and that several were hauling away the dead.

    It was then he noticed the young woman sitting beside him. Rising to a sitting position and still slightly perplexed he asked, "Excuse me miss, you wouldn't happen to have the time? I need to hurry if I'm to deliver these letters"

    Staring out into the see and remembering the accident he countered, "Oh... that's right. Nevermind"


    Mara Herbswife

    "Oh, good, you're awake," said Mara with a relieved smile. "Your shirt and cloak are still wet, so if you are chilled you should use that blanket and the cloak you are sitting on to keep warm." With a slight blush she added, "I should like the rest of my spare clothes back though."
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Imbrallius - human clerk

    The clerk looked rather exasparated for a second. "It's better than a bunch of people running around and doing things randomly." Then the clerk looks toward the one who approached him. "Fire on the ship. I don't know why. Right now, we need to get organized. What's your name? Are you better at building shelter, hauling wood for the fire, or gathering food?" Imbrallius's manner is hurried, as if there was not enough time for everything. In other words, typical clerk.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-02-18 at 12:46 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Brady looks upon the dead body's with tears in his eyes and begins to speak.

    Today we have lost a great many friends due to a fire. We have been left alone on this island, alone, and stranded. Some would say that we are doomed. I say it is fate. Perhaps we are meant to prove to some higher being we can survive through all the hardships they put in front of us. I say that for our sake and the sake of the dead we continue on and try to make the dead proud. Brady leaves and hopes that his words will lighten other peoples hearts.

    He turns around to people and says, We must start to build and make sure we are safe. All those that can chop wood, should go to the trees and chop the wood for the houses. Those that can farm and hunt should begin so so that we can have food. Those that can mine should do so. Those that can smith should take the ore should smith armor, and those that are good at carpentry should help me build houses for our protection.

    Here is my roll for the week. Link
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1498998/

    It is a 20, I don't know what the DC is for crafting a house, so I don't know how much work will be done in a week.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Imbrallius

    "Smith? With what forge? We barely have a fire! We don't need armor, we need craftsman to build houses. We do not need ore. We need wood for the fire, and food for the stomach. Our priority right now is extremely basic. No mining. Food and shelter if you can. I will get a few people to salvage from the ship." He gestures to Mara, "She is tending our injured."

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yeril's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Joeseph
    Assuming this is said before he heads off to hunt.

    "I think he was being hypotechinchal, you know like sarcastic but different." he mentions to Imbrallius, either pointing out the obvious or looking abit silly.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Tano

    As the last of the bodies were taken to the mass grave, Tano solemnly folded the sailcloth that had covered them in the mean time. He thought about following the grim procession to the grave, but realized there was rather a lot of gear piled about, not all of it belonging to the dead. He remembered a woman and a man leaving their gear with Roostin, but the sailor had gone off on another task without a word. Sitting on the now folded sailcloth, Tano carefully sorted what he could, and returned the rest to their rightful owners when they returned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •