Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 440
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon


    OOC:survival check to catch fish. 1D20-1 = [15]-1 = 14
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-22 at 04:56 AM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    It's getting dark. The winds become colder. Mara lights a fire and many of you gather around it to stay warm.

    OOC:

    As you may have noticed, this campaign has several different "timelines" or whatever you want to call them. Those in the sunken ship need not worry about sunset - events in the optional quest threads and the main thread (this one) do not happen simultaneuously. The events in optional quests are assumed to happen sometime during the week.

    It looks like day 1 (in-game) is nearing its end but it's already Friday (in real life)! Are we in a hurry to rp the 6 remaining days of the week before Sunday? No! The idea is not to rp each day of the week. If we did that, the game would be slooooooooow. This doesn't mean that your characters are idle for the rest of the week. They're fishing, hunting, crafting, etc.

    As Grey Wolf suggested in the OOC thread, the campaign is actually three games in one: 1) survival (resource actions) 2) rp in the main thread, and 3) quests. 2) and 3) are optional.

    If you're are very busy in real life, it's enough to post your resource action (and preferably at least one paragraph to describe in character what your commoner is doing that week) once a week. On the other hand, some players like Grey Wolf and Lonna have been very active and I'll give small xp awards to the most active players. (Of course, quality matters more than quantity.)

    Some of you are guarding the camp at night (and maybe also in the daytime). Setting up guard shifts will be one of your tasks for week 2, but you can already do that as Mara suggested.

    The halfling discovers that the water is clean and good to drink. 50 xp to Epswitch!

    Many of you have already taken a resource action. Those who haven't please do so before Sunday. Remember, if you have a negative modifier to a skill check, you'll automatically fail a DC 10 check (e.g. finding food with Survival) when taking 10. In this case, it's better to roll.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    ooc:
    i volunter Zavulon to take night shifts (darkvision ftw)
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    ooc:
    i volunter Zavulon to take night shifts (darkvision ftw)
    Ovias, while enjoying a couple of the fish he caught, suggests, "Those of us with darrkvision (orr the keen eyesight of elves) should take the deep night shifts, whilst arround dawn and dusk humans can take it. Now, therre is only thrree of us, so I would rrecomend five shifts, each just shy of two hourrs, with the thrree in the deep of night being taken by us - so long as the elf is willing - and if Zavulon wants the firrst of the middle thrree, I'll take the second"

    Thinking about it a little more, he adds, "One single perrson is a tad dangerrous forr watch duty, though - I'd feel saferr if we doubled up - maybe one human, one of us thrree at a time so we have morre eyes and earrs awake, maybe? I'm surre therre arre humans that can listen forr dangerr farr betterr than I can - my earrs arre not exactly rready forr soft night sounds afterr yearrs of crrafting stone and metal"
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon nods to Grey. "im in. i can take the midnight shift or something..."
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard week 1 routine work

    Ovias will spend the mornings checking for construction stone (appraise, take 10 +4) and collecting them ("mining", 10+4) in preparation for future construction work. He will not be actively looking for, but will "keep an eye out" for any promising seam of ore he happens to find traces of while looking for stone.

    In the afternoons, Ovias will fish (10 +2), providing food for 2 people per day. Whilst waiting for the fishes to bite, he will be working on some secret-ish project involving carvings of flat rocks
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-22 at 05:47 PM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Mara Herbswife

    "I can take any shift, though I would prefer either the dawn or dusk watch."


    OOC:
    Mara's routine for the week -

    Mornings will be spent gathering edible plants (Survival 10+3).
    Afternoons will be spent looking for medicinal plants (Knowledge(nature) 10+3, Spot 10+3).
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-02-22 at 05:16 PM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yeril's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    For the first week, Joseph doesn't talk much, most of his time he spends hunting, only stopping to skin the meat for the cookpot, and for sleeping.
    All in all he seems quite content, having both very good days, and very bad days. Whenever he brings food back, he always insists that the elderly man gets a portion every day.

    (Ooc; I prefer to roll for my skillchecks, atleast for now, I noticed Ovias took a Morning task and an Afternoon task, if we are having 2 skill checks a day, Joseph will spend both of these actions hunting for food. If we are only having 1 skill check a day, then just use the Morning hunt.)

    Hunting 1 (Mornings)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Day 2 (1d20+7)[13] Feeds Himself + 1 Other
    Day 3 (1d20+7)[20] Feeds Himself + 5 Others
    Day 4 (1d20+7)[25] Feeds Himself + 7 Others
    Day 5 (1d20+7)[8] Feeds No one.
    Day 6 (1d20+7)[15] Feeds Himself + 2 Others
    Day 7 (1d20+7)[27] Feeds Himself +8 Others

    Total 28 Food Units


    Hunting 2 (Afternoon)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Day 2 (1d20+7)[26] Feeds Himself + 8 Others
    Day 3 (1d20+7)[19] Feeds Himself + 4 Others
    Day 4 (1d20+7)[8] Feeds Noone
    Day 5 (1d20+7)[9] Feeds Noone
    Day 6 (1d20+7)[24] Feeds Himself + 7 Others
    Day 7 (1d20+7)[9] Feeds Noone

    Total 22 Food Units
    Last edited by Yeril; 2008-02-22 at 05:19 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie pixe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ..well, it's bloody cold?
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    ((is there any jobs that need doing, i seem to be free...))
    Failed at RAF hosting.

    AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

    Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4


    BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Tano

    "I will certainly take a night watch, Master Greybeard. Perhaps two, as I'll be up and about anyway," Tano said.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since it seems plenty of food is being gathered, Tano will spend his resource action setting up the sail cloth as a large shelter for the group until something better can be thrown together. Taking 10 on Rope Use yields a result of 11, as does Craft: Tent(?). He'll either use scavenged rope from the beach, or some lent to him by those who bought some (like, say, Roostin...).

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie pixe View Post
    ((is there any jobs that need doing, i seem to be free...))
    Ovias considers the Tall's question about where he would fit best, and answers "Well, Erric, therre is still one watch shift with no-one assigned, you might as well take it. Also, for the rrest of the week you can come along in the morrnings with me and help me gatherr stones - I'll be able to gatherr morre with a little help. Likewise, if anyone's gatherring wood - maybe you, Master Curunda? - in the afterrnoon, you should help them - we need a good storre of both if we arre going to trry and build some shelterrs."

    After thinking some more, he adds, "If that doesn't rreally call to you, we need to explorre the island. We have alrready located clean waterr, but no good place forr the perrmanent encampment. Explorring arround the waterr forr a defensible place wherre we can build (so not a marrsh) and if possible alrready safe frrom the elements. It would be grreat if we could find a cave, in fact - it is all thrree at once"

    OOC: as a craftman, I can direct others in the same job, but I'm not sure if it gives them a circumstance bonus. Still, he can obviously help carry rocks and after a while keep a look-out for the more obvious kinds of rock, so even at a basic 10 + Int he can help.

    OOC: Ovias lends his rope to Tano for the shelter
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-22 at 06:32 PM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Imbrallius

    "I'm no fighter, but I can take a dawn or dusk watch."

    Imbrallius's schedule consists of:

    1st Day: Sizing up land for best possible construction sites and drafting plans (12 - knowledge: architecture)
    Rest of Week: Aiding in the shelter process
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-02-22 at 06:28 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie pixe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ..well, it's bloody cold?
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    thanking Ovias for his help, eric buisies himslef with the tasks given to him.

    since the is not wheat, and no yeist, erics favorite passtime is unavailabe, ((making alcohol)) but he is sure that when everyone has settled in, he will be a popular man...

    ((i dont need to roll anything to see if i can carry some rocks/wood do I? ))
    Failed at RAF hosting.

    AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

    Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4


    BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yeril's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    Tano

    "I will certainly take a night watch, Master Greybeard. Perhaps two, as I'll be up and about anyway," Tano said.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since it seems plenty of food is being gathered, Tano will spend his resource action setting up the sail cloth as a large shelter for the group until something better can be thrown together. Taking 10 on Rope Use yields a result of 11, as does Craft: Tent(?). He'll either use scavenged rope from the beach, or some lent to him by those who bought some (like, say, Roostin...).
    As Joseph sits, his hands blodded from skinning the animals, he takes note to the elf as he begins work on a shelter.

    "What about the lifeboat?"he says, gesturing towards the beach where the lifeboat sits. "Its fairly big, wooden, sturdy and waterproof, Can't we just drag it up the beach an' flip it over? That should provide some shelter for a few of us."

    OOC: I'm assuming the scavaging party has "arrived" in a RP sense, but their cargo and salvaged goods are still being unloaded because they havn't "arrived" in a mechanical sense.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Tano

    Tano nodded in response to the question about the life boat and said, "We could, but I assumed both boats would be needed for the salvage party. If that's not the case, I think the best use of the boat would be on its side, as a temporary wall."

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    Epswitch scowls at the fire. Great. Create a signal for all the beasts of the forest. Dinner is served. All the same, Epswitch offers his vision to help protect the group(and his chickens). "I'd be only too glad to help. If everyone takes a watch, we'll only need to be on watch for 20 or 30 minutes. It might be better to have 2 or more people watch for a full hour instead. An extra pair of eyes and ears might be needed. Considering how many lives are at stake."

    Epswitch doesn't really have an skills which can be used to pass the time, other than perhaps sleight of hand. Hunting and defense are not really his thing either, but he is at least handy with a sling, even if the stones don't do much damage.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Epswitch

    Epswitch scowls at the fire. Great. Create a signal for all the beasts of the forest. Dinner is served. All the same, Epswitch offers his vision to help protect the group(and his chickens). "I'd be only too glad to help. If everyone takes a watch, we'll only need to be on watch for 20 or 30 minutes. It might be better to have 2 or more people watch for a full hour instead. An extra pair of eyes and ears might be needed. Considering how many lives are at stake."

    Epswitch doesn't really have an skills which can be used to pass the time, other than perhaps sleight of hand. Hunting and defense are not really his thing either, but he is at least handy with a sling, even if the stones don't do much damage.
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "Actually, halfling," answers Ovias, "we do not know how many people arre well enough to stand watch the firrst few nights. Mara is still taking carre of severral people. So farr, in fact, with you only six people have volunteerred, just above the barre minimum forr my five-watch system, and nowherre nearr your 16-watch suggestion. If morre people volunteerr, we can rreconsiderr."

    "Oh, and if you're lacking some useful way in which to collaborrate, I'm surre severral of us can find some way in which you can help ourr own chorres, in the same way Erric will"

    Turning towards Tano and Yoseph, Ovias mentions "We may need the boats laterr, beyond the rrescue, if we trruly are in an island, so I wouldn't be too quick to use them as constrruction materrial, since handling them too much will split theirr seams and make them leak and sink. In fact, we should considerr digging them into the beach forr protection. It is not like we arre going to be hurrting forr lumberr, anyway", he ends, vaguely indicating the masses of trees around them.

    OOC: The sunken ship hasn't had time to happen yet in the main timeline - it's still day one, and we've all been fairly busy. I assume it happens sometime later during the week.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-22 at 07:44 PM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Maria

    Maria approached Ovias that evening after a day of hunting and foraging. Speaking to him, she explains, "I would like to take guard tonight. I mean no offense, but scavengers will likely linger around the burial site. If I keep an eye on it, I could stop them from coming closer in and endangering us and I may be able to get some extra food."
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Janson Himmerhardt, venerable human writer

    Thanks to the attention of Mara, Janson Himmerhardt is able to make a swift recovery. He had suffered primarily from dehydration, but that was quicly remedied by the efforts of Epswitch and the others. His bruises are healing nicely, and he is able to get around in a couple of days. As soon as he is able, Janson volunteers for watch duty.

    He replies to the dubious looks of his friends thus:

    I may be wizened, youngsters, but my eyes and ears are sharper than many of yours! Ha!

    His bright smile and merry eyes are pretty convincing.

    Jansen spends his days between naps looking for berries or fruits which would make good ink and for plants which could be turned into paper. He's especially interested in gleaning information from anyone (perhaps Mara) who know the properties of plants. He also offers his help to tend the animals rescued from the boat.

    OOC: (1st night guard duty)
    Listen: (1d20+7)[16]
    Spot: (1d20+6)[25]
    Handle Animal: (1d20+6)[14]
    1st week Survival: take 10 + 3 = 13

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zed's Dead View Post
    Janson Himmerhardt, venerable human writer
    I may be wizened, youngsters, but my eyes and ears are sharper than many of yours! Ha!
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "I would be honourred, Maesterr Himmerrharrdt, if you would stand watch with me, Sirr", Ovias replies, "So, to rresume, we have:
    firrst watch (dusk): Mara and Marria
    second watch: Ovias and Maesterr Himmerrharrdt
    thirrd watch (midnight): Zavulon and Masterr Currunda
    fourrth watch: Masterr Currunda and Erric
    fifth watch (dawn): Imbrrallius and Epswitch"
    ,
    he lists, counting on his fingers, and continues "Joseph, you have not volunteerred, not surre if you want to take one watch orr not - Mara may need help, since Marria plans to stand watch but go hunting time perrmiting. Furrtherrmorre, I have given Masterr Currunda two shifts, since he sleeps less than the rrest of us, and said he would not mind"

    Finally, looking around, ovias adds, "Anyone else? Any corrrections or changes? If not, I think that will be a good watch set up"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-23 at 08:40 AM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Mara Herbswife


    "I have no lasting objections to the watch order you have recommended, friend Ovias. However, I must insist that Master Himmerhardt rest throughout this first night, to regain his strength. I will take his watch tonight. By tomorrow he should be fit enough to stand watch, unless his wounds unexpectedly worsen." Having said her piece, Mara chose a position where she could watch the forest, keeping her back to the fire so as not to spoil her night vision.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot 1st watch - (1d20+3)[17]
    Listen 1st watch - (1d20+1)[19]
    Spot 2nd watch - (1d20+3)[21]
    Listen 2nd watch - (1d20+3)[17]
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    "hmf...fine by me." Zavulon shrugs.


    Spoiler
    Show
    survival:
    >already eaten<
    1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18
    1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
    1D20-1 = [3]-1 = 2
    1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
    1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18
    1D20-1 = [1]-1 = 0
    wow, really suck at fishing!

    Spot checks fer the week:
    1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
    1D20-1 = [11]-1 = 10
    1D20-1 = [15]-1 = 14
    1D20-1 = [14]-1 = 13
    1D20-1 = [16]-1 = 15
    1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18
    1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18

    listen checks:
    1D20-1 = [1]-1 = 0
    1D20-1 = [16]-1 = 15
    1D20-1 = [3]-1 = 2
    1D20-1 = [13]-1 = 12
    1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
    1D20-1 = [9]-1 = 8
    1D20-1 = [3]-1 = 2

    Whenever he have spare time, Zavulon will roam around searching for places (mountains, pits, rocks, marshes) that contains ore of some kind.
    SEARCH:
    1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
    1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9
    1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7
    1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3
    1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18
    1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2
    1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-23 at 04:29 AM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    Mara Herbswife


    "I have no lasting objections to the watch order you have recommended, friend Ovias. However, I must insist that Master Himmerhardt rest throughout this first night, to regain his strength. I will take his watch tonight. By tomorrow he should be fit enough to stand watch, unless his wounds unexpectedly worsen."
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "Verry well, frriend Mara, you of courrse know best, and I will be glad to stand watch with you", accepts Ovias, undaunted by the fire or lack of it, clearly seeing into the darkness that surrounds them beyond that iluminated by the firelight. "That said, I would think we all need a good night's sleep, including you, my frriend, so maybe someone else will be able to take up the spot"
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Yeril's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    he lists, counting on his fingers, and continues "Yoseph, you have not volunteerred, not surre if you want to take one watch orr not - Mara may need help, since Marria plans to stand watch but go hunting time perrmiting. Furrtherrmorre, I have given Masterr Currunda two shifts, since he sleeps less than the rrest of us, and said he would not mind"
    "Hm me? Yes, I have the time, I would like to contribute to the watch if I am needed."

    OOC: Taking 10, for a 12 on spot and 12 on listen checks for my nightwatch.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Imbrallius

    "Yes, yes, this is all well and good." Imbrallius scrawls a list down so it's recorded. "Here you are, Master Greybeard, a list for you." Imbrallius then goes back to drawing up plans for communal shelters.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Maria

    Maria takes 10 on all of her spot and listen checks on her shift each night, for a result of 10 on each of them. If she sees any animals lingering around the burial site or trying to get into camp, she tries to kill them with her sling.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
    Imbrallius

    "Yes, yes, this is all well and good." Imbrallius scrawls a list down so it's recorded. "Here you are, Master Greybeard, a list for you." Imbrallius then goes back to drawing up plans for communal shelters.
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "Thank you, Masterr Imbrrallius", says Ovias, taking the piece of parchment. Curious, he takes a look and immediately recognises what Imbralus is drawing. "I was not awarre you had knowledge of arrchitecture, Sirr. I am jourrneyman of engineerring myself, and have been planning how we could house us all, too. May I take a look?"

    After checking it over for some time*, Ovias points out one or two details he would do differently, but otherwise is aprovatory of the work. "Unforrtunately," he mentions, "any plans we drraw at this point are little morre than excerrcises forr ourr minds. Any good arrchitecturral design must take into account the location, and we have yet to find that one. We can plan for squarre orr cirrcles, but if therre is a big rrock we cannot move, orr unsuitable grround for foundations, we will have to rredrraw. My arrchitecture maester always said 'the grround is demanding and unforrgiving - trry to contrradict him and he will destrroy yourr worrk'."

    Ovias examines the plans once more, realising one more crucial detail, "Also, I feel that you arre being a little too ambitious - those communal shelterrs will take many weeks of worrk beforre we can use them, and some of these people cannot wait that long forr shelterr. In my opinion, we need to build simple at firrst, hopefully in a way that can laterr be imprroved - simple lean-tos, forr example. I may be wrrong, but I think we arre shorrt on builderrs. I can build those shelterrs with stone - I have seen many prromising stones arround - but without trraining, otherrs will be in the way. Simplerr constrructions arre betterr because I can dirrect otherrs."

    Suddenly, Ovias realises he could be offending the human with his dismissal of his work - humans were touchy, he knew - so he assured, "I do not mean to offend you orr diminish yourr worrk, of courrse. If my maesterr was herre, he would alrready be planning a forrtrress, but we must be rrealistic of ourr abilities. Maybe laterr, once we have the leisurre, we can imprrove on the designs and build something long-lasting"


    * I asume Imbrallius doesn't object to this - I'll change the paragraph if he does
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Janson Himmerhardt, venerable human writer

    However, I must insist that Master Himmerhardt rest throughout this first night, to regain his strength. I will take his watch tonight. By tomorrow he should be fit enough to stand watch, unless his wounds unexpectedly worsen.
    Janson's brow wrinkles, and his smile fades for a moment.

    Hmmm...I bend to your wisdom, lady. Normally, I would resist your assumption that I am unfit for any duty, but my aches and pains argue with you. I have lived through much worse than this, however, and I will take my watch tomorrow night.

    He smiles, gratefully.

    I thank you for your kindness and courtesy.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    yuk Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    The halfling looks up at the massive dwarf and raises an eyebrow. "Perhaps, but I expect them to be well enough to contribute soon enough and at that time I still think it wiser to double up. The humans don't see in the dark nearly as well the elves or dwarves. I do not wish to be attacked simply because the humans are night-blind and we failed to consider that when allocating guards."

    The halfling turns to go back to work when he decides to add to the dwarf, "I am certainly not lacking in useful ways to contribute, despite what you may think." Perhaps I could teach proper pronunciation.

    The halfling goes back to his 'tent' and adjusts his stuff to make sure he can tell if they've been disturbed, but also to make sure any foodstuffs are difficult to get at. Don't want to make it easy for the animals.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-23 at 12:12 PM. Reason: halfling don't see in the dark anymore.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Imbrallius

    "Yes, yes, I already know that. But fatigue will wear on my mind and I want these plans done while I'm still of mind to do them. Long days in the sun will render my mind duller, and I want to get these plans for shelter done now so that I can organize our materials into what is useful for a permanent fixture versus what can be used for temporary housing. These aren't exercises for the mind, they are also supposed to get my mind in the proper mindset for when the time comes. We must be prepared for the stress of the journey to impede our mental functions, so I'm going to solve that problem when I can."

    Imbrallius notably doesn't look up from his plans as he speaks to the dwarf. By all accounts, he was a planner, then a doer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •