Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 440
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC:

    RESOURCE ACTIONS AND STUFF

    You only have one resource action per week. It represents about eight hours of work each day of the week. Roll only once per week (even if the skill normally requires you to roll once per day) or take 10. These are the most common resource actions:

    Finding food (and water)

    Skill check: Survival, Profession (Hunter) or Profession (Fisher). DC: 10 (+2 to find food for one additional person).

    Mining and woodcutting

    Skill check: Profession (miner) or Profession (lumberjack). No DC; instead you get 1/2 gp x check result worth of raw materials.

    Crafting

    Skill check: Craft (armorsmithing, bowmaking, carpentry, leatherworking, stonemasonry, weaponsmithing, etc.).

    Training and rearing animals

    Skill check: Handle Animal. See the skill description for the DCs.

    ---

    You may spend the rest of the day on light activities, for example Heal (long-term care), guarding (basically Spotting and Listening).

    RESOURCE ACTIONS ON WEEK 1 (let me know if I forgot something; * denotes that the character rolled instead of taking 10)

    Finding food (result; # of people fed)

    Larry (14; 3)
    Zavulon (14*; 3)
    Ovias (12; 2) (or mining???)
    Joseph (23*; 7)
    Maria (12; 2)
    Ben (21*; 6)
    Tano (10; 1)
    Elias (14, 3)
    Mara (13; 2)
    Janson (13; 2)

    Total: 31... enough to feed 31 people. Nice Let's see how many there'll be left to feed...

    Feln (Handle Animal, 19). Feln looks after the animals and keeps them fed and safe. Since you have enough food for week 1, no eggs or milk are needed.

    Brady (Craft (carpentry) 20*). Brady constructs a wooden frame that you can attach the sails to. To start building an actual house, you need to use Profession (lumberjack) or (miner) to get raw materials. You can start building before you have all the raw materials, i.e. you can harvest and build in parallel.

    ---

    Tano and other in the camp start building some kind of shelter using the sails, a lifeboat and other salvaged equipment. By the end of the week, you have a weird looking tent that's big enough to keep you dry if it starts raining.
    Last edited by storyteller; 2008-02-23 at 01:06 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Spoiler
    Show
    I take it this means week one is over, and we should post resource actions for week 2? If so, since it appears we have more than enough food coming in, Tano will work on making a shortbow (taking 10, for a total result of 18). This should produce (12x18=216 sp) 21.6 gold pieces of progress on a 30 gp item.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC:

    You may do so, but officially Week 2 begins on Sunday. You can still post (or change) your resource action for Week 1 if you haven't done that yet...

    And hey! 100 xp everyone for setting up guard shifts!

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
    OOC:

    You may do so, but officially Week 2 begins on Sunday. You can still post (or change) your resource action for Week 1 if you haven't done that yet...

    And hey! 100 xp everyone for setting up guard shifts!
    Given the amount of food being pulled in, Ovias will spend the week "mining" for construction stones, for a total of 7 gp worth of stone. He uses some of that stone to create salt works during his free time that should allow anyone with survival to salt some of the meat and fish, as well as improve food quality by allowing us to salt the cooking.

    Assuming Eric does help him (as he agreed to do), he would pull in a further 5.5 gp, for a combined total of 12.5 gp
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
    OOC:

    You may do so, but officially Week 2 begins on Sunday. You can still post (or change) your resource action for Week 1 if you haven't done that yet...

    And hey! 100 xp everyone for setting up guard shifts!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, then. Assuming setting up the shelter didn't actually take the whole week, could Tano work on the shortbow this week instead of bringing in that measly one ration?

    Edit: Sorry for the duplicate posts today... the site is giving me fits.
    Last edited by Daryk; 2008-02-23 at 03:05 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Zavulon cant really do any tasks before he have a smith, so he will assist the first person that ask him for the first week.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Zombie pixe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ..well, it's bloody cold?
    Gender
    Male

    Post Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Assuming Eric does help him (as he agreed to do), he would pull in a further 5.5 gp, for a combined total of 12.5 gp
    ((yeps, eric helps ))

    so, these rocks are granite right..?
    Failed at RAF hosting.

    AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

    Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4


    BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Yes, you can do that. And yeah, there must be something wrong with the servers... you're certainly not the only one who's noticed that

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, then. Assuming setting up the shelter didn't actually take the whole week, could Tano work on the shortbow this week instead of bringing in that measly one ration?

    Edit: Sorry for the duplicate posts today... the site is giving me fits.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC: any luck on zavulons attempts to locate ore?
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    sickler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Courtenay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ben spends his "work" week fishing and gazing off onto the horizon to ever see if there are ships. He carefeely ponders about how relaxing a vacation this is.


    Survival (1d20+2)[18]
    Spot (1d20+2)[11] ((I hope I don't spot any seagulls, they're annoying))

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Brady looks around and smiles. I will begin working on lean too's now." If somebody could harvest some wood with me that would be gerat."

    Brady will be building a lean too taking a 10

    10+6= 16

    Yeah, we got 100 xp. From now on presume that I will be making lean toos every single week.
    Last edited by Imbasel; 2008-02-23 at 06:53 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Yes, there are enough large rocks to start "mining" for construction stones. Metal ore, however, is almost impossible to find near your current location on the island.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Given the amount of food being pulled in, Ovias will spend the week "mining" for construction stones, for a total of 7 gp worth of stone. He uses some of that stone to create salt works during his free time that should allow anyone with survival to salt some of the meat and fish, as well as improve food quality by allowing us to salt the cooking.

    Assuming Eric does help him (as he agreed to do), he would pull in a further 5.5 gp, for a combined total of 12.5 gp
    Last edited by storyteller; 2008-02-23 at 07:40 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Imbasel View Post
    Brady looks around and smiles. I will begin working on lean too's now." If somebody could harvest some wood with me that would be gerat."

    Brady will be building a lean too taking a 10

    10+6= 16

    Yeah, we got 100 xp. From now on presume that I will be making lean toos every single week.
    OOC: I don't think we have enough wood for you to work. 8 gp of work requires 26 sp of wood, and no-one has collected that much. Ovias has a similar problem, which is why he' collecting stone before actually building anything with it. Zavulon has offered to help with resources - if you both collect wood this week, you should be able to work on the lean-tos next week (and Ovias will help with stone).
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    After a week on the beach and in the woods, Epswitch's egg white bald head is becoming more of a chrome dome. Being stranded on this island hasn't made the little man any more angry, if anything, he's become happier and occasionally has been seen with a smile on his face.

    Epswitch has been devoting most of his time to tending his chickens. He's been allowing 2 dozen of his chickens to build up a collection of eggs in the hopes that he'll be able to hatch a new flock and allow some of the existing ones to be consumed. He's been using the eggs from the other chicken to feed himself and Larry.

    Chickens don't really need much tending, except to corral them together in the camp for safety at night, so Epswitch spends most of his time wander the woods nearby collecting firewood and the occasional straight stick. These straight sticks, each about 4-5 feet long, he has been using to build a slight 'wall' around the chicken nesting area. The process is slow and the wall isn't secure or stable, but it lets the chickens know what area is theirs. The wall is really just a bunch of sticks in a line buried nearly halfway into the dirt.

    If these humans keep killing all the small game in the area, soon there won't be enough for the larger predators and they will turn to us for food... and we may run out of small game altogether.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    jagadaishio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Maria

    After a week of fairly normal foraging, Maria had collected enough food for herself and one other. Not great, but far from bad. In her free time, she also does small things to help others, not asking if they need the help and leaving before they can thank her. It's usually as simple as grabbing the other end of something that someone is carrying or helping lift the wooden frame for the communal shelter.

    Maria walks up to Epswitch and offers him a wide-brimmed hat made out of cut palm fronds and lashed together with a strip of cloth torn from the ankle of her pants. It's someone conical, similar in appearance to the straw hats of east asia. "Your head is sunburned," she says before walking off into the forest.

    She uses the same strategy she did last week, exploring as deeply as she can into the forest while foraging. This week, she's looking specifically for a cave, though she wouldn't ignore something else of interest. Her survival check for the foraging she engages in while exploring is 12, taking 10.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Roostin Truckleman

    Roostin was slightly below average height for a human, but with the sturdy build common to successful sailors. His light brown hair had bleached blond with the sun, and was cut short to avoid the vermin common to shipboard life; he was clean shaven for the same reason. His blue eyes shifted towards grey when he was tired, and his skin had the permanent tan of someone who spent all of his days on the ocean. He had a few scars from his rough and tumble life at sea, but the most prominent marks were the laugh lines on his face.
    ---
    Roostin made a point of locating the bodies of any of his crewmates and burying them together in one section of the mass grave. He practiced all the superstitions to keep sailors at peace in their burial site despite being interred in ... dirt. Roostin mumbled a few words over the grave site, came to attention, and blew his bosun's pipe in salute.

    After the burial was completed, he went and stood at the water's edge, staring out at sea until his eyes burned from the glare of the sun on the water -- or at least, that was the reason he told himself for the tears running down his face.

    Eventually, he got himself back under control and headed back towards where the main group seemed to be gathering. "Watches? Of course; Ah've stood port and stahboard watch* since Ah was a boy, so put me on where you need me. Ah may need someone to help me stay awake, though."

    [*OOC: 4 hours on duty, 4 hours off]

    Spoiler
    Show
    On watch:

    Feat: Alertness
    Spot +4
    Listen +4


    "Ah'm going to be going to the ship to fetch whut we can, but Ah ain't no particular good at finding food. Ah can help rig a shelter on the deck, er, the ground, right quick, and Ah can rig ropes and whutever you want, but ah don't know nothing about keeping chickens."

    He looked around for a minute and then went over to where Ovias and Mara were talking. Lowering his voice, he asked, "Er, Ah don't want ta seem for'rard, but who's in charge? We need a captain or somebody if'n we ain't gonna get confused on whut we're doing. Who was in charge of all y'all colonists?"

    Resource check:

    Roostin worked on the shelter, if there was enough wood. He spent all available time salvaging ANYTHING that washed up from the wreck (including driftwood) and trying to make the tent stronger and sturdier.

    Take 10 on Profession: Sailor to salvage (13)
    Take 10 on Craft:Shipbuilder to start building a shelter (14)

    [OOC: And it's still Saturday!]

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    whenever not fishing or raoming for ore, Zavulon helps "that human" with felling trees and generally getting wood.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Mara Herbswife

    Quote Originally Posted by Zed's Dead
    Janson Himmerhardt, venerable human writer
    Hmmm...I bend to your wisdom, lady. Normally, I would resist your assumption that I am unfit for any duty, but my aches and pains argue with you. I have lived through much worse than this, however, and I will take my watch tomorrow night.
    "Good sir, I do not doubt your ability," answered Mara diplomatically. "I merely wish to ensure your full recovery. I assure you, had anyone else washed ashore in similar condition, I would insist that they too take no watch this first night."

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCents
    Roostin Truckleman
    Lowering his voice, he asked, "Er, Ah don't want ta seem for'rard, but who's in charge? We need a captain or somebody if'n we ain't gonna get confused on whut we're doing. Who was in charge of all y'all colonists?"
    Mara thought for a moment, looking puzzled. "I don't think anyone was officially in charge," she answered. "We were going to an established colony, so there didn't seem to be a need to determine any formal roles ahead of time. As for who is in charge now... <Ovias,> I guess that would be you. So far you have been the one getting people organized. Even the halfling listens to you sometimes."
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
    He looked around for a minute and then went over to where Ovias and Mara were talking. Lowering his voice, he asked, "Er, Ah don't want ta seem for'rard, but who's in charge? We need a captain or somebody if'n we ain't gonna get confused on whut we're doing. Who was in charge of all y'all colonists?"
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "I am not surre, neighbourr", answers Ovias, "I have been giving suggestions that have been followed, forr the most parrt. Howeverr, I verry much doubt that humans will continue to listen to a dwarrf once the shock wearrs off. Besides, I have no patience forr command, particularly of a grroup in this cirrcumstance. I would do it if the grroup is in dangerr frrom disorrganization, but I rratherr not"

    Thinking for a second, he adds, "As a dwarrf, I would look forr the ancients forr leaderrship, but I do not know Masterr Himmerrharrdt that well. Furrtherrmorre," he adds, sounding like an avalanche with that particular word, "I would think that the prracticality of Mara, the healerr, may be best suited forr the job, helped by the fact that we all have learrnt to listen to what the doctorr says."

    "Do not think, though, that this rrefugee camp will be like a ship orr the arrmy. We will most likely debate and offerr good and bad ideas, and the leaderr will choose between them, and not so much tells us what we have to do."


    Quote Originally Posted by Lonna View Post
    As for who is in charge now... <Ovias,> I guess that would be you. So far you have been the one getting people organized. Even the halfling listens to you sometimes."
    "I do agrree I have been the one getting everryone orrganised. Idleness irrritates me, forr it is not the dwarrven way, and I will continue to trry to get everryone moving in useful dirrections rregarrdless of who is in "charrge", I supose. If that makes me the leaderr, so be it"
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-24 at 07:20 AM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    WEEK 2

    Deceased
    Spoiler
    Show

    • Thomas Green [Shadow Mask]
    • Cook Kurt [Comedian]
    • Fred Astari [Tichrondrius]
    • Indira [Cade Shadow]
    • Tessa O'har [Gig_Complex]
    • Aaron Addison [Deepblue706]
    • Dav Brindle [North]
    • Mark [nothingclever]


    Weekly challenge - The Encampment


    This week your main task is to discuss whether you should build a palisade as someone suggested or maybe go looking for caves, or whether it's better to stay near the beach or near the pond, for example. Once you've decided, I'll give you more instructions. Make the decision by Wednesday!

    Also, now you can loot the bodies of the deceased PCs (see Lonna's list)! I don't care how you divvy up the gear but I suggest that one person makes a list of everything you've looted and then you can call dibs on individual items.


    Other things to consider
    • Any volunteers to take care of calculating resources?
    • The salvage party found out something unsettling about the shipwreck... perhaps this is worth discussing in-character


    Optional quest - Piggy Hunt

    While exploring the area surrounding your camp site, Maria finds boar prints. Judging by the size of the prints, they belong to a young specimen. After eating fish, fruits, and squirrels and other small game, maybe it would be nice to have a wild boar steak! Not to mention that it's a great opportunity to earn some xp!

    Max. 8 commoners. If there are more than 8 volunteers, those not involved in the Sunken Ship quest will be given priority.

    Link.

    Btw, the Sunken Ship continues normally until completed. If you get killed, there'll be continuity issues, but let's not worry about that yet.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    Having survived for a week, Epswitch figured whatever he was doing was working, so he looked to continue(without the another shipwreck of course). Now this sailor guy wanted to change things. Who was in charge? I'm all for things being orderly.. and things here are a bit chaotic for me. But, I don't like other people telling me what to do. Bleh. If I'd wanted that I've have joined the army or navy or something.

    When Epswitch heard about the boar, he decided it was time to sign up for something. The bald halfling approached Larry first, "Larry. I think I'm going to try and help out with this boar hunt. Could you keep an eye on my livestock and such while I'm gone? Hopefully it won't take more than a day or two, I can pay you 6 eggs per day. How's that sound?"
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground
     
    borninbones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    in my own world, ne
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    "I'll take care of 'em and Ya don hav tah wohry bout payin me. I thinken they just com munity propahty." He looks around the area, "fo dah greatah good an all."

    Actions
    taking care of animals
    handle animal taking 10+7= 17.

    In evenings, take care of animals
    handle animal taking 10+7= 17.
    Characters: Pakar

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC: i think we should wait discussin what we found in the wreck 'til after we see if everyone survived.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    Ovias woke up to a new morning, having slept uneasily. The ground was pleasently hard - particularly once he had started to use one of the collected stones as a pillow - but the lack of walls made peaceful sleep impossible. It had been a week since the shipwreck, and whilst they did have a ceiling in case it rained, he was going to need more than that. Hopefully the Talls would agree.

    He got up, and took some time to attend to his morning needs, including cleaning himself and rubbing down with sand. He survayed the stone collected by him and Eric the previous week, and he was proud. The human had turned out to be a decent collector. I must remember to thank him for his help. It was enough for a small wall, but after another week, they'd be ready for something big enough to house them, he felt.

    <Maybe Maria will find a cave, and we can use the stone for building a proper wall around the entrance, intead of having to create a whole house.> He muttered to himself while waiting for most of the group to slowly wake up <If not, well, it cannot be helped, we will have to make do with thin walls and sail ceilings. Not much of an improvement over no walls, but an improvement nonetheless>

    Seeing several of the group already up and about, Ovias once again calls for a meeting, and says, "Beforre we each go to our morrning tasks, we should considerr morre perrmanent encampment. No need to decide now, but we should all think about it and rreach a decision tonight. As you all now, I am parrcial to finding a cave, and I am verry grrateful to Marria, that is looking for one", he says, bowing his scarred head to Maria, "but I am nothing if not rrealistic, and if we do not find a cave, we must considerr otherr options. Building stone walls that we then coverr with the sails is a good second choice, but we need to find somewherre we can clearr of trrees. We should build close to the frresh waterr, but making surre we are not on any game trrails, orr we will be botherred by animals going to get waterr day in and day out."

    He could tell several people were wanting to talk, or leave, so he kept it short to end, "So, in shorrt, we should look forr such a place. Marria is doing a good job, but morre people searrching will find things fasterr. I am not much of an explorrer, and I'm collecting materials to build whateverr we end up doing, but maybe some of you can help Marria?"

    Remembering what he had thought about Eric earlier, he then sought him and claping him in the back, he says, "Good day, Erric. Thank you forr yourr help last week - yourr willingness has rreally helped make ourr collection a success. I will be happy to have you help me again, too. Howeverr, maybe this week you could help searrch forr a place like the one I descrribed? It is an imporrtant job, and one I cannot perrforrm well, so I'd rratherr entrrust it to someone I know can do a full day of worrk."

    Actions for the week:
    If we don't find a cave: collect stones (7 gp worth)
    If we do find a cave: collect stones until I hear about it (of course), then go to the cave to appraise it.
    Obviously, if some other major discovery is done, I may cut my work short too to act diferently.

    OOC: I agree, lets wait until the end of the sunken ship quest before talking. Besides, there may be new revelations waiting for us in the hold (was the fire premeditated?). Anyone curious can check the quest thread, in the mean time.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-24 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    Epswitch's jaw just drops as he looks at Larry. Finally he says, "That may be fine for your chickens, but not the ones I brought with me. I don't have much in the way of valuable skills, not of value here anyway. I don't intend to just intend to give up all that is mine and submit to someones pseudo-communistic utopia. If it is all the same to you, I will pay you. You may donate the eggs to the food supply or eat them yourself, or provide them to the community chickens to raise, your choice. Is that acceptable?"

    If I don't look out for me, know one else will.

    {{ OOC : What sort of environment do we think we are in? Is it going to snow/etc in the winter? How long till then? }}
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground
     
    borninbones's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    in my own world, ne
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Larry looks suprised at the man. In the last community he was in, everyone worked towards the greater good. He shook his head and then looked back at the man. "Very well, six eggs it is."
    Characters: Pakar

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Roostin woke up when the morning sun reached his eyes. Long years of sleeping in the dank crew decks of a ship had trained him to wake up immediately when someone shone a light in his eyes, and he hopped out of his hammock and started the day. First, washing up. Salt water would do for that. Then, a drink of his water ration from the barrel. Then, looking for a bit of food from the collected supplies. Used to short rations, he was careful to take only his share and no more. Once breakfast was over, he would roll up his bedding and stow his hammock out of the way, and then resume his chores for the day.

    Guard duty on rotation was always the first task on his calendar. It was a job he knew he could do and one the gave him a sense of order in this madness. It reminded him of the community of the ship and gave him hope that they could all, eventually, get off this dirtball.

    In the rest of his waking time he continued trying to salvage things. If possible, he harvested wood to use for construction.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Janson Himmerhardt, venerable human writer

    Janson awakes before dawn and walks down to the ocean. He washes himself in the shallows and has a bit of a splash-about. Bracing.

    Returning to his "bed" such as it is--his coat laid out on the sand--he readies himself for the day.

    When Mara awakes, Janson approaches him.

    Lady, few enough of us have survived, and those who have, especially me, owe you a debt of gratitude. You have made friends here, I reckon. I have heard the question of leadership come up a time or two this week, among other questions, and it's time we found answers.

    That being said, I think it's time for us to palaver. There is much to discuss. I don't get around as fast as you do. Would you see to it that the entire group meet on the beach near the tent at sundown? I'll arrange for a bonfire suitable for a meeting of this import.



    This done, he approaches Greybeard.

    Master Greybeard, I see things are coming along nicely with our preparations for a long stay on this island. You are one who can get things done. I have noticed your efficiency and your strong will. There will be a meeting tonight, at which we may decide both the leadership of this group and the our path from this point onward. Would you please organize some sort of foraging group to gather wood for a proper fire? It wouldn't have to be much, just enough to light and heat our palaver tonight. A good fire brings cheer. I'm afraid I lack the strength to be of any help myself, but I'll be glad to light the fire once the wood is gathered.


    OC:
    Weekly activities: searching for food during the day, Survival: take 10+3=13
    As he searches for food, Janson looks for berries with which to make ink as well as chicken feathers to use as quill pens. If he finds any likely animals in his search, he will try to tame them. Storytellter, Let me know, and I'll try Handle Animal

    Roll for watch duty Spot [roll] 1d20+6[/roll] Listen (1d20+7)[20]

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC:
    Sorry. My Spot roll didn't work.

    Spot (again) (1d20+6)[11]

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zed's Dead View Post
    Master Greybeard, I see things are coming along nicely with our preparations for a long stay on this island. You are one who can get things done. I have noticed your efficiency and your strong will. There will be a meeting tonight, at which we may decide both the leadership of this group and the our path from this point onward. Would you please organize some sort of foraging group to gather wood for a proper fire? It wouldn't have to be much, just enough to light and heat our palaver tonight. A good fire brings cheer. I'm afraid I lack the strength to be of any help myself, but I'll be glad to light the fire once the wood is gathered.
    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "It will be done, Masterr Himmerrharrdt," answers Ovias with a deep bow.

    As promised to the elder, Ovias will spend the afternoon time collecting firewood for this purpose and also accumulating some more for the days to come, together with anyone that cares to go with him. He will also spend some time preparing the fireplace, i.e. cleaning out the fireplace ares of plants and placing stones to further reduce the danger of fire.

    OOC: I believe I can get away with using the "free time" of afternoon for this purpose because the amount of wood needed for a fireplace is ridiculous (1 cp). The amount of wood recovered won't be enough for even the smallest construction, I asume. Survival (takes 10) = 12.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-24 at 05:07 PM.
    My Motto:
    Forum Motto:
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum,
    there wouldn't have been such speculation.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •