Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 440
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Spoiler
    Show
    since i failed my weekly survival check i will leech off everyone else.



    Zavulon will use the axe they looted from the ship to fell trees for construction wood.
    untrained profession: -1. unless guided by actuall lumberjacks: (1d20-1)[0]

    well that went pretty well......... that pretty much qualifies to accedentically chopping of yer own head!
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-29 at 03:16 AM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    {{ Seeing as someone time got messed up and I got teleported to the beach... Its now Friday(for me) after all the meetings and the Piggy hunt(Hope I survive). I think Imbrallius is talking to me(but I can't be sure). }}

    The little man, obviously not a threat says, "Mercenary? You must be thinking of Ovias and his bloodlust. I've seen the way he looks at that rapier. Not to mention, now we know about a murder on the ship..." The halfling's voice trails off then he turns back to the matter at hand, "I have always been willing to work for the society to benefit all. Standing watch over your beachside camp doesn't benefit all. It was made clear by your dwarven mouthpiece that I my opinions don't count and nobody cares. Why should I continue to work for a 'society', and I use that term loosely, that doesn't consider me to be an equal?"

    Epswitch gestures to Gil, who has been standing off to the side listening, "I am more than willing to stand a watch over the lakeside camp and help protect it."

    Epswitch turns to the pile of goods stolen from the dead and says, "It seems that you treat these possession as your own and won't allow them to be used without your permission. I don't know who elected you to be the leader and make the decisions, but I am willing to trade. Are you willing to listen?"
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lonna's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MD, DC area
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Epswitch

    {{ Seeing as someone time got messed up and I got teleported to the beach... Its now Friday(for me) after all the meetings and the Piggy hunt(Hope I survive). I think Imbrallius is talking to me(but I can't be sure). }}
    {{ Actually, if we go with the timeline most recently proposed in the OOC thread, this should be happening on Tuesday, after you skip watch but before the Piggy Hunt and meeting.}}
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

    My Player Profile

    My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show


    Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Imbrallius

    (This is why I hate the continuity issue. According to the most recent timeline, Ovias hasn't said anything to Epswitch, nor has Imbrallius denied Gil to take community food.)

    "Mercenary as in out for your sole profit, not in terms of war and violence." Imbrallius specifies, a precise and annoying clerk to the core. "These goods," Imbrallius gestures to the pile of things claimed from the dead, "are not mine. You're missing the distinction. I keep these goods, in the loose sense that I keep all inventory, but they belong to no one. Just as the food we collect belongs to no one. They are all used by the community on an as-needed basis. It's the only fair way to distribute them. I can listen to any trade proposal that you have, but I don't have the power to trade. I will make the suggestion, and if the majority desire trade, it is possible."

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    {{ Come on.. check your sundial, its Friday. }}

    Epswitch

    The little man avoid looking up at Imbrallius, but rather, looks him in the knee and adds, "It is for yourself that you help the community, because you feel the community will help you. I know the community won't help me, which leaves me to help me."

    Looking at the goods, Epswitch says, "You, as a member of the community can decide that you need, say eggs, and that you don't really need a couple potatoes. You could take two potatoes for yourself and trade them to me for say half a dozen eggs. You could then eat the eggs, or distribute them or whatever."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-29 at 11:40 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    near MacArthur's bones
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Roostin

    OOC:

    I am posting this in the IC thread, rather than the OOC thread because it directly impacts my IC gaming. I am also posting this in the Housing thread.

    Continuity:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like some of the rest of you, I have trouble with the continuity in this game. Until THE DM clarifies the issue of how it is going to work, we are going to have to muddle along. If players have the opportunity to post multiple times in a day, and choose to post several successive actions, they must expect that either a) no action which involves other players happens, or b) there will be backtracking and realignment enough to make Dr. Who dizzy.

    I realize that it can be very boring to post and then wait for someone to respond, and then post and then wait. That is the primal curse of this type of gaming. It is veryy slowwwwww. But it is the only fair way to allow all the people to actually participate.

    If the DM wants me to post every day, I will examine my schedule and decide if it is possible, and when it is possible. I do not, have not, and will not have the time in any conceivable future to post several times a day to a series of different actions. If that is what the game needs from its players, I need to leave now. Part of the reason I haven't posted is that every time I come on with twenty minutes or so to post, I need more than that time just to parse through all the other posts on all the threads.


    Location:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In my ignorance, I thought everyone had done what I though was obvious -- left the beach. We have a water source, which we can either lay claim to as upright bipedal tool users, or argue ownership with random wild animals on an nightly basis. We can live on the beach/treeline and be subject to every major storm, or we can build our makeshift shelter in the trees and have additional weather protection. I thought it was a no brainer, and in fact, somehow thought that's what we had done. Obviously, I was wrong. Had I realized my efforts last week were to help build a house in the sand, I would have said something.


    Metagaming:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had a long section about Epswitch and Ovias, but it all boiled down to: quit picking on the halfling because his sheet says LE.


    Having tossed all that gasoline on the fire, on to IC actions and another barrel of Premium:

    Roostin stood up and spoke, "Ah need to say some things. First of all, Ah have no intention of living here any longer than Ah have to. If Ah am going to spend a year building something, it's going to be a boat. In fact, 'fore I do that, Ah'm gonna take mah chances in one of them lifeboats over there. With a sail, some water, and fishhooks, Ah figure Ah have a chance. But Ah am not spending the next two years building a dang stone tower on this dang island. Y'all can help me, and have a place on the boat, or y'all can throw me out and ah'll work till Ah drop."

    "Second, why are y'all living on the dang beach? Do you want to be washed away by the next big storm? Ah thought we was moving to the water, and ah think we need to pick a spot we can defend from both critters and the weather and just do that."

    "Third, why are y'all so sure that hilltop is all about 'human sacrifice'? Didn't y'all want to cremate our people not ten days ago? Mebbe whatever lives here does that too. Ah'm not saying don't be ready if'n something wants to have steak a la Roosty; Ah'll be ready to fight, but Ah don't see why y'all getting your tights twisted. Ah don't think we should live there, though, until we find out more about it."

    "Fourth, ah do think we need to figure out who's in charge, but Ah don't think we figured it out yet. Maybe the elf is right and we can work it out among us a job at a time, sort of 'you do this and you do that' kind of thing. But Ah have to say, Ah have a real problem with picking one of y'all to be captain cause Ah don't think any one person here is up to the job. Ah include mahself in that. Ah know Ah cain't lead you folks, mostly 'cause Ah don't have the patience for all this talkety talk talk, but Ah can build you a boat to get off this sand heap, Ah tell you whut."

    "And it seems to me that if we're gonna have a commitee of four, we can just have a committee of twenty and listen to everybody. Yeah, Ah know that in a crisis there has to be somebody in charge, but we can just do that as part of the jobs. I nominate Zev for head of the guard and um, well me for in charge of building the boat. Mara should be in charge of keeping us alive, and we should listen to her unless we're under attack. Then we do what Zev says. Imbrallius is good at keeping track of stuff, and Jensen can keep track of whut happens and who knows whut. Maria should be in charge of hunting, and Ovias can be in charge of building the shelter that ALL OF US decide on. Ah know you're gonna think Ah'm silly, but Ah think Epswitch should be in charge of distributin' stuff. He ain't never cheated nobody, and he don't care if people like him so he ain't gonna give out more that a fair share to somebody 'cause they're his friends."

    "Oh, yeah. Ain't nobody hanging nobody. Y'all ain't never cared what happened to that there halfling and now you notice? How come y'all didn't rouse the camp when he never showed up? You never figured maybe he was hurt or dead all alone up there next to the chickens?"

    "Sixth, clerky guy over there needs to get a grip. If'n everything I put IN the pile has to stay there even if Ah need it back, then maybe Ah won't be putting anything into the pile, and maybe Ah need all mah stuff back now. Ah guess Ah'll just trade with Gil and Ep for food and you can count all your stuff over and over every day."

    "Finally, if'n you want to find out what's down the coast of the island, what say Ah take three or four of y'all and we row around the dang island and just look? Give me some time, and Ah can rig a sail to help, although we're still gonna have to do a lot of rowing."

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    ((Come on, man, it's not like Imbrallius and Epswitch have been nothing but talking to each other for four days. This happened as Imbrallius and Epswitch were talking to each other about him not showing to the watch, at least from my perspective.

    EDIT: Now I'm completely screwed up for time/place. LE, let's just decide it. Are we on the beach or at the coop, and what day?))

    Imbrallius

    "If this is about Ovias's outburst, rest assured no one will be...hanging you, not if I have anything to say about it. The community does look out for everyone, that was the entire point behind the watch. I understand your reasoning, but disagree with your methods. If you felt short-changed, you could have told someone, not just chaotically abandoning your word. Instead, you just threw your agreements to the wind. How can I bargain with you in good faith if you are so quick to break an agreement without even the decency of informing anyone?"
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-02-29 at 02:33 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    EDIT: Double postage.
    Last edited by Sicarius; 2008-02-29 at 02:14 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius View Post
    EDIT: Double postage.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually curious: why not just delete the double post?Is there some kind of etiquette involved in deletion of posts that I should be aware of? I have seen nothing in the posting rules, but maybe I missed it - or it is one of those "unspoken" rules that are so difficult to pick up because, well, no-one speaks of them?
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC: i dont think he was aware that he could delete posts.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    sickler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Courtenay
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Ben - Waist level in the water by the beach, fishing

    ((If the arguement is taking place down by the beach))

    Ben sighs to himself as he hears parts of the heated discussion over the surf, "Why can't they solve problems the quick and easy way?" He jabs a couple times into the air. I wish one of those mouthy ones would argue with me.

    However, when Roostin begins talking, Ben walks up to listen. Heh heh, sounds like he's gonna put some of them in their place.
    Last edited by sickler; 2008-03-01 at 01:26 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    {{ You came to talk to me in the woods, but we didn't resolve anything. Later in the week, I came down to barter for stuff and here we are. }}

    Epswitch

    Continuing to look the man in the knee, Epswitch says, "I didn't flip a coin to decide not to show up for watch. I decided. I would have told anyone that was nearby, but alas, everyone was down at the beach and I was alone. If you wish to move up to the lake and be part of my community, I will gladly help stand watch." Epswitch briefly looks up to make sure the man is listening and says, "Besides, you could have come to get me or awakened another to assist with the shift. I did not leave the group unguarded."

    Looking over the potato sack, Epswitch says, "There is no matter of trust. This is business. I have the eggs with me. The potatoes are right there. I simply wish an exchange. Any human could easily outrun me and pick me up by my ankle. You have nothing to lose in the exchange." Epswitch carefully produces the eggs.

    "Well?"
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC: More camp location confusion below...

    Spoiler
    Show
    As the one who started building the makeshift shelter, I thought we built it further inland as well. At this point, I don't remember (and yes, am too lazy to troll through a few hundred posts to find it) if the shelter was built before Maria found the pond. I further support the point we need a DM ruling here.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Looking over the potato sack, Epswitch says, "There is no matter of trust. This is business. I have the eggs with me. The potatoes are right there. I simply wish an exchange. Any human could easily outrun me and pick me up by my ankle. You have nothing to lose in the exchange." Epswitch carefully produces the eggs.

    "Well?"
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just a note to point out to those that didn't follow the sunken ship quest that Eric already requested the potatoes to be given to him.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry I didn't read my PM's (or remember Tano's third language) sooner. This takes place after he returns from the hill, possibly before the meeting. If it was before the meeting, I dare say it would have changed the tone of said meeting in ALL respects (most especially my interaction with Janson). I suppose we should throw this post on the big pile to be retconned after storyteller weighs in on the timeline.


    Tano

    TIMESTAMP: After Tano returns from the hill (whatever day that was), Week 2

    As Tano came back into camp, any who saw him would have noted he was white as a sheet, and mumbling to himself. Throwing himself at the first person he sees, he said, "We have a problem. The inscriptions on the stones on that hill... they're... ominous, to say the least. Have you ever heard of "Bal-ze-bal"? The text was Draconic. Roughly translated it said:
    'Bal-ze-bal the firebringer,
    Bal-ze-bal the destroyer,
    Bal-ze-bal the blackspear,
    Bal-ze-bal burns the flesh,
    Bal-ze-bal devours the bones,
    Bal-ze-bal drinks the blood.'"
    Last edited by Daryk; 2008-02-29 at 04:33 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    "well that sounds very promising..." Zavulon replied and scratched his chin.
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-29 at 04:39 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Tano

    Tano stared at Zavulon for a moment, then took a deep breath and said, "I suppose it could be funeral pyre, but I still have a bad feeling about it."

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    "well that sounds very promising..." Zavulon replied and scratched his chin.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since it would indeed mean retconning the whole meeting, I think we should assume it happens after it. Will do so, until it is decided otherwise, but I'm keeping it carefully time-neutral


    Ovias "Grey" Greybeard - Dwarven mason, smith and engineer journeyman

    "Sometimes I hate being rright. Oh, well. No sense on worrying about the unprroductive seam. It seems our prriorrities just got shifted a bit. Neverr hearrd of that God, but with those attrributes he is unlike to be the kind whose followerrs embrrace other culturres. We are going to need morre than a wall to hang a ceiling on - we should starrt looking forr a defensible place, orr building one."
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-29 at 05:19 PM.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    TIMESTAMP: After Tano returns from the hill (whatever day that was), Week 2

    As Tano came back into camp, any who saw him would have noted he was white as a sheet, and mumbling to himself. Throwing himself at the first person he sees, he said, "We have a problem. The inscriptions on the stones on that hill... they're... ominous, to say the least. Have you ever heard of "Bal-ze-bal"? The text was Draconic. Roughly translated it said:
    'Bal-ze-bal the firebringer,
    Bal-ze-bal the destroyer,
    Bal-ze-bal the blackspear,
    Bal-ze-bal burns the flesh,
    Bal-ze-bal devours the bones,
    Bal-ze-bal drinks the blood.'"
    OOC: I agree with Ovias, We discovered fire pit before meeting, we thoroughly explore after.

    OOC: Ben, this info bridges from before meeting to after meeting, if you want me to take you to the circle, you'll find me at the pond, not the beach - alternatively, you could replace my name with Tano there and go with him. I'm trying to stay temporal here.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    "think i recall you saying that your mentors wouldve been planning a fortress, Grey." Zavulon says "well that sounds pretty good to me right now..." he sighed deeply and scratched the back of his head.
    "i need a forge...."
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    "think i recall you saying that your mentors wouldve been planning a fortress, Grey." Zavulon says "well that sounds pretty good to me right now..." he sighed deeply and scratched the back of his head.
    "i need a forge...."
    <Oh, yes...> Ovias answers, falling into dwarfish pulled by his recollection <Maester Stonehammer, who taught us all about stone construction, would have by now gone to the hills and created a dwarven hall using nothing more than a rock and a pice of string. Unfortunately, the best I can do to protect us is walls, and without help to collect resources...>
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Tano

    "Right about what exactly, Master Greybeard? If anything, this increases the urgency with which we must leave the island. If you can present a plan for defenses that take less time to construct than a suitable vessel, I'm all ears," replied the elf.

    Spoiler
    Show
    We really need a DM ruling on construction here. The only building we've been offered is a "small house" (for 2,000 gp if I remember right), though several of us (including me) have proposed other (cheaper) options. With a ship costing only 3,000 gp, it's a tough sell to build defenses that take almost as long.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    < i have a pick lying around. im sure we could haul some stone. we got plenty of wood! now all we need is more picks. and we need to make those... you see where im going with this?> Zavulon looks into the forest, pondering what creatures might be on this island. he hope that theyre long dead but with his luck theyre prolly some super mutants and are fifty feet tall...
    \ yes youre quite alot of ears / Zavulon giggles in orcish to the elf
    Last edited by Shademan; 2008-02-29 at 05:34 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Imbrallius

    "You may as well have flipped a coin, by the effects of your actions. Everything you do affects more people than yourself, Master Shortoe. Anyway, I don't see the need for your eggs at this time. I'll make your suggestion to the group to see if any want your eggs. Besides, 6 eggs for 2 potatoes is a terrible deal from my perspective. Sorry, I don't need them at this time." Imbrallius looks down at the halfling, not out of condescension, merely out of necessity.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    Tano

    "Right about what exactly, Master Greybeard? If anything, this increases the urgency with which we must leave the island. If you can present a plan for defenses that take less time to construct than a suitable vessel, I'm all ears," replied the elf.
    "Rright about the natives that have burrnt offerrings at a cirrcle stone are not likely to be frriendly, which is what I said at the meeting. Not that you werre listening, clearrly. And I can certainly prresent a verry fast plan forr defence: building a bloody palisade, out of wood and stone. We worrk in concerrt, some building the palisade, some prroviding the materrials. A palisade takes little ability and little rresourrces, unlike a boat. We can laterr worry about turrning the palisade into housing, orr if we make it larrge enough, we could just build inside. But you can rremain herre and flee in a leaky boat, forr all I carre"
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC:

    You may build palisades and simple houses out of wood and/or stone. Thanks to Ovias's knowledge (architecture) skill, you have access to many building types Once I know what you want to build, we'll negotiate the price.

    Sorry to keep those on Piggy Hunt waiting - I've been fairly busy the last few days.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Epswitch

    Looking at Imbrallius, Epswitch says, "My actions had exactly zero effect on anyone. Everyone is fine. Should an attack have occurred, there was still someone on watch and that person had the capability to awaken support, should they have needed it."

    Epswitch looks at the eggs and says, "A time of need is not the time for eggs. It takes quite a few weeks for the chickens in the eggs to hatch and grow to a size where they might be worth eating. The potatoes do you no good in that sack. You need to plant them to gain their benefit, which again takes time. Had you planted them when we first arrived, the plants might be nearly a foot tall by this time."

    Epswitch then adds, "If you wish to barter, I can do that too. What do you consider a fair trade? I have some ale. I'm sure that dwarven leader of yours could really go for a drink."


    {{ Eric? I can't seem to find... oh.. he doesn't put his name at the top. ZombiePixie's char. I basically wanted to cut up and plant as many as I could afford so that someone didn't go and eat them. Potato will just grow on their own if planted. I was concerned someone would think them food instead of seed. }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-29 at 05:57 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Shademan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    raiding wales!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    OOC: well if we're gonna make REAL walls we'l need quite a number of felled trees and alot of stone. i suspect that if everyone worked hard all week we could maybe get a very decent barricade in two weeks.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.


    The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

    on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grey_Wolf_c's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Epswitch
    {{ Eric? I can't seem to find... oh.. he doesn't put his name at the top. ZombiePixie's char. I basically wanted to cut up and plant as many as I could afford so that someone didn't go and eat them. Potato will just grow on their own if planted. I was concerned someone would think them food instead of seed. }}
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Potatoes only grow if planted in the proper type of ground. Since you have no ranks in farming, and Eric is a farmer, I hope you will understand I'd rather he take care of the potatoes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    OOC: well if we're gonna make REAL walls we'l need quite a number of felled trees and alot of stone. i suspect that if everyone worked hard all week we could maybe get a very decent barricade in two weeks.
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The trees are easy enough, since we need to create a clearing anyway - wall are no good if proped up against climbable trees. Stones I've been collecting, but I am better used as builder than miner. Then again, I already proposed as much in the meeting and I was attacked mercilessly from all fronts for daring to suggest we need to coordinate, so our chances of building anything are small to none. At this point, either we find a cave (which I can conceivably fortify on my own), or if the kobolds decide to attack we are screwed.
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2008-02-29 at 06:04 PM.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant & Yendor View Post
    "GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND: On a saner forum, there wouldn't have been such speculation."
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: Shipwrecked! IC Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shademan View Post
    < i have a pick lying around. im sure we could haul some stone. we got plenty of wood! now all we need is more picks. and we need to make those... you see where im going with this?> Zavulon looks into the forest, pondering what creatures might be on this island. he hope that theyre long dead but with his luck theyre prolly some super mutants and are fifty feet tall...
    \ yes youre quite alot of ears / Zavulon giggles in orcish to the elf
    As Zavulon spoke in tongues he did not understand, Tano frowned. Seeing the last part addressed to him personally, he replied, "Atayalambe? Quen-quenya, eh?"

    Turning back to Ovias he said, "And how long will it take? Unless we know it truly is faster than building a ship, it's not the best option."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I proposed a palisade, and storyteller hasn't said anything about it. Until he does, it's not an option, as I see it. We know how long it will take to build a house, and a keelboat. We do not know how long it will take to build the palisade, a log cabin, a grass hut, convert the lifeboats into a seaworthy catamaran, or anything else our knowledge as players might suggest. Again, until we hear from storyteller on that point, we have no information to base the decision on.
    Edit: Ok, storyteller has now told us we can do it, but we still need the price to know how long it will take. Get to negotiating, eh?
    Last edited by Daryk; 2008-02-29 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Ninja'd by the DM!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •