New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Goblin Campaign

Fearis looks at the goblins standing before him. "I choose to take all of you." Fearis is a small goblin that most of you know or have heard of at some point and time. The usual is that he ran fleeing from something, a well known jumpy scaredy cat. He slowly gives each of you a small piece of wiring that is bent in the shape of a spiral. As each of you leave the building, cheers go up as you walk out. "Any reason for a party or parade" fearis says as you march towards the city gates. The crowd is already dispersing as you walk out the gates. The large gates close loudly behind you. The burnt pile of where they burnt the human's bodies is not far away.

What you don't know is where the nearest human city is. You know where the pixie city is, but they did't take too well to goblins during their last run in. (southwest)

Fearis pipes up that he knows where the last human city was. (west)

You also know that the nearest goblin village is to the northwest.

The humans came from the south.

You are facing south east.

The ocean is to the east.

All are at least a day away.

(Which way, what do you do, can I get an introduction please.)

((ooc please use (()) to denote ooc speak))
    ((The cardinal direction thing I am trying is something new, if you REALLY hate it, let me know))
    ((As your dm, I will try and post at least once per day except saturdays, as I rarely have access to a computer on saturdays and as expressed earlier, I would like but not require everyone to post at least once per day but I require at least once every three days max))
    Last edited by borninbones; 2008-02-17 at 05:07 PM.
    Characters: Pakar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: The Goblin Campaign

Grolum sits at the gate, musing to himself about why axes cut so good...

mummble mummble mummble

((i take Pink by the way ))

I wait at the gate for the materialising party.
    Last edited by Zombie pixe; 2008-02-18 at 12:11 PM.
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Goblin Campaign

Zeig - Goblin Fighter

((and here's the link to the OOC thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3954003))

Marching through the street with everyone cheering for them had pulled Zeig's thoughts to a world of glory and grandeur. As they exitted the city, his riding hound Duke was supplied to him by his fellow gateguardsmen who offered some advice to keep Zeig safe but his mind was still too far from reality to listen.

The aroma of the burnt and the slamming of the gate gripped his thoughts and pulled them back to the present. Zeig simply blinked. He spent so much time at the gates but not once did he ever think about where other cities were, who their inhabitants could be and any of that sort. Fiddling with the spiralled wire he had been handed earlier, Zeig tried to think the most logical thoughts he could.

"Well, me and Beeog were at the south gate when those big sick guys came up here, so maybe they had some friends or something from over down there.", Zeig added, gazing first at the cowardly Faeris (whom he heard had once jumped fearfully at the sound of children laughing) then glancing one by one at his new companions.
    Last edited by sickler; 2008-02-18 at 03:31 AM. Reason: to add OOC thread link

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

((Gah... Should have done it sooner. Intro post will be later tonight, or first thing tommorow morning
    Though I may be able to get it done now...))

Merguyn makes his way through the streets, laughing and mumbling in some high pitched tone to himself, ignoring just about everything else. He fingers the wire absentmindedly.

Set off to find somewhat or other of humans eh? If they just let me talk to that plant at the inn just a bit longer it would have finally gave me the exact direction where to go...

Merguyn's wolf, Fang, walks next to him. Merguyn scratches behind his ears.
    Well, these humans came from the south, isn't that right brother?

The wolf howls.

Yes yes, well, I also know there is a pixie villiage somewhere to the south. And if they have some that are one with nature as I am I'm sure we can ask for simple directions from where the humans came from, yeees...

He continues to finger the wire.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Riffle

As he walks through the goblin city, Riffle waves and smiles at all the cheering goblins. His tattered robes and threadbare look make a bit of a mockery of the scene, but then for some that was just reason to laugh and cheer louder.

While he didn't mind following orders the old goblins that ran the little monestary seemed to think him a glorified slave. Being a minion was all about sitting around and looking important while ultimately doing nothing. This trip would hopefully be his first taste of such freedom.

As the party stops outsides the gate, the monk glances warily towards Merguyn and his wolf. Sliding away from the odd goblin, Riffle leans on his walking staff and looks at Fearis expectantly. "Well then? Which way?" he asks, eager to be off.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

No-Face will talk in olive green

No-Face is proud to be choosen for this task and interested about seeing more of the outside world. However the crowds outside are not too his liking.

No-face quickly sneaks out the back of the meeting area and collects his supplies on the way to the kennels. Once his ugly-looking dog is saddled and barded, he will head out of the mountain to meet the others.

((current appearance: black/grey leather armor, riding cloak, bandages over face. rapier on belt, crossbow on dog, everything else in saddlebags/backpack.))
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

after getting bored of wating, Grolum goes looking for interseting fungi and mushrooms...

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[16]
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

8. - Top - End - #8

No-Face pauses to inspect the piece of coiled wire that Faeris had given him*. After a little while he stores it in a belt pouch.

He then points his ugly-looking dog roughly southwards and waits for some discussion from the others.

((Is the wire soft (like electical wire) or hard (like a decent spring)? is it meant to be worn like a ring or could it be used as an improsived lockpick?))
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Fearis looks around at the group and shrugs. I vote going towards the last human city that we know of, west, but I am just carrying their stuff. You note at this point that Fearis is unarmed except a small dagger that you might use as a butter knife, not a weapon.

Great roleplaying displayed by everyone so far (50 xp each, thats what I like to see).

Edit: What grolum finds
    Spoiler
    Show

Grolom finds a pale green mushroom. If he pulls it up, it comes up with the soil and has very strong roots.
    Last edited by borninbones; 2008-02-22 at 02:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Zeig

Zeig scratched his short black hair, as if stimulating brain activity with the sensation, "West, eh? Well, if there's humans there, it would be a good place to start looking." Hopping up onto Duke, Zeig gazed out towards the west and wondered what sort of a place this human city was like.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Merguyn

West? West you say? My dear kid-lets, haven't you forgotten those ickle-humans came from the south? Why would those from the west know anything about those humans that came here from the south?
    Isn't that right my brother?

The wolf sitting by his side barks. It is also quite easy to tell that Merguyn probably hasn't ever heard his own voice judging by the strange way he seems to speak. Some of it's quite high-pitched, sometimes just down right strange sounding.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

west it is then. *swings axe in a prepriatory manner*

*to himself*

grolum likes his little mucshrooms, grolum does...
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

*bump bump bump*

((come on, i cant let a game as promising as theis die ))
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

((I had kind of planned for this to be a campaign that some people might take a while between postings and unless we are in combat, that should be fine but otherwise, I am placing everyone who hasn't posted yet on autofollow. Feel free to pipe in your opinion/actions from time to time to let me know you are still with us. Go a week without posting and every assumes you got lost and You are not coming back.))

The vote is to the west. As you proceed west, the sights, sounds, smells and all kinds of such great you. The west proceeds into thick jungle like terrain. As you hack through the terrain, I need a reflex save, a survival check, a spot check, a listen check and an initiative check. (just in case)

If you are making any other actions (like moving silently) please make appropriate rolls.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

(1d20+3)[10] Initiative
    (1d20+1)[11] Listen
    (1d20+1)[11] Survival
    (1d20+3)[23] Reflex
    (1d20+1)[20] Spot
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

16. - Top - End - #16

Zeig

Reflex: (1d20+2)[11]
    Survival: (1d20-1)[13]
    Spot: (1d20-1)[4]
    Listen: (1d20-1)[3]
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[14]

17. - Top - End - #17

Reflex: (5d20+3)[39]
    Survival: (1d20)[4]
    Spot: (1d20+2)[20]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[10]
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[6]

((If no-face manages to spot/listen for something, he will attempt to sneak in to get a closer look.))

hide: (1d20+5)[23]
    move silently: (1d20+10)[19]
    Spoiler
    Show
    noface

18. - Top - End - #18

impressive reflex roll there!

Reflex: (1d20+5)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    noface

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

((Badgerish, i would keep your first one if i were you ))

Grolum takes position behind the party fighter, so that he will be almost first into the fight but not the first to get hit.

((this means that in any battle situation, i am behind the lead fighter, though hopefully we wont need this information
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Merguyn seems to have forgotten about his plan to go south, and is already fascinated by the jungle around everyone.

This place almost matches my forest with it's beauty! Onward my comrades as we bathe in the nature of this magnificent jungle!

Merguyn cackles as they travel, looking at various trees and plants. His wolf companion trots by his side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Merguyn's rolls
    Reflex - (1d20+2)[17]
    survival - (1d20+7)[19]
    spot - (1d20+5)[22]
    listen - (1d20+5)[13]
    initiative - (1d20+2)[22]

And if you need his animal companion's rolls....
    Reflex - (1d20+5)[11]
    survival - (1d20+1)[21] (+5 total if by scent)
    spot - (1d20+3)[8]
    listen - (1d20+3)[14]
    initiative - (1d20+2)[10]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

The jungle opens up into a gorgeous and you stand on the cliff. (since everyone but Noface, he just almost walks off before you point it out to him). The cliff overlooks a beautiful valley. On the far end of the valley you can make out a HUGE white castle sitting on the other side of the valley. Its a short fall if anyone wants to jump down (jump tumble check) of about 20 feet. Or you can climb or use your imagination for something strange.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Reflex: (1d20+5)[17]
    Survival: (1d20+2)[8]
    Spot: (1d20+2)[13]
    Listen: (1d20+2)[8]
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[11]

This is what it means to be a minion, Riffle thinks as he walks to the edge of the cliff and stares out at the view. "We should have the city moved over here."

As he appreciates the scenery, the ragged goblin looks about for an easy way down. His masters might have show other students an ancient technique that allows one to fall short distances safely, but Riffle had never been taught the art of 'grab the damn wall already.'
    Last edited by Yami; 2008-02-28 at 07:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Zeig

Zeig grabs his rope from off his hound's saddle and begins observing the nearby area for a suitable tree to tie it to. Use Rope: (1d20+2)[11]

He then ties the rope to his rather reluctant hound (1d20+2)[18]and begins to lower the dog down the cliff. Strength Check: (1d20+1)[17]

If there is no rope failure after he finishes lowering the dog, Zeig then slides down the rope and unties his hound.

Otherwise, he'll jump down and tumble. (1d20-4)[4]

24. - Top - End - #24

no-face will spend a moment looking at the drop ahead of him, then he will scout off to one side, looking for an easier way down.

((rolling spot to look for a better way down for goblins and dogs))
    spot: (1d20+2)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show
    noface

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'm still here, but I cannot post for awhile... Sorry.
    Tangled web doesn't want to work, and I'm doing alot.
    I may be able to post later today or tomorrow.))

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

The rope idea seems to work and you get down the cliff. (do you leave the rope?)

With your spot check you do not see any way down and with wondering around you don't see anyway down.

So now you are the bottom of the cliff. Now that you are down here, you realize that you are on a downward slope. It is about 40 feet down the slope that the trees start again. (there is a space between the cliff and the jungle as it heads down into the valley.)

After you have reached the bottom you notice that there is a groove in the cliffside that is about fist sized in width. About two inches below that is grass that is uniformly cut going all the way to tree line, nothing is higher then approximately knee high.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

"anything to kill?" i shout down to Zeig

"can i come down?" I ask.

*without wating for a responce, i climb down the rope*

Climb Rope: (1d20+3)[19]

((Looks like i got down fine?))

i walk over to where Zeig is.
    Last edited by Zombie pixe; 2008-02-29 at 04:20 PM.
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

28. - Top - End - #28

Zeig

((Yah, I left the rope tied at the top so others could use it to get down. Was going to yell up for someone to let it loose once I found out if it actually held or not :b))

"Oi! Last one to come down should untie my rope for me!" Zeig hollars up to the rest at the top of the cliff. Inspecting the fist sized groove, he contemplates what would have made this and for what purpose, but comes to no conclusion.

When Grolum gets down to Zeig, he points out at the grass, "I don't trust this grass. No good reason to have it cut for viewing if there's just a cliff in the way..."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

"How can you tell it's cut for viewing?" Riffle shouts down, a bit confused. It just looked like grass to him, but then he was still up the cliff.

The spry monk figures he might as well be the last one down, being the least burdened. Not to mention it allows him longer to appreciate the view.

"Maybe it just grows short here or something. It's not like we've seen all the grass in the world."
    Last edited by Yami; 2008-03-01 at 05:51 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

no-face will ride back to the others and reel up the rope, to harness his riding dog like Zeig did.

use rope: (take 10) +4

Riffle, can you lend me a hand with this?

strength check to safely lower the dog: (1d20)[7] (possible aid-other bonus if he does get help)

climb: (1d20+1)[14]
    tumble (if climb fails): (1d20+6)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show
    noface