New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

R 624
    I'd like a race that's pixie-ish, but Tiny sized instead of small, and with bonuses reduced enough to not need more than 1 LA.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

H 624

Lesser Sprite
    -4 Strength, +4 dexterity, +2 intelligence, +2 charisma
    Land speed 20', Fly 30' (good)
    Tiny.
    SLA's: 1/day invisibility, minor image, dancing lights
    Favored Class: Sorcerer

The flight alone is worth an LA but without any notable strength and tiny size you're limited to casters and non-melee rogues, so it works out I suppose. Maybe an archer at high levels so you actually deal some damage via a good magic weapon but by then a human might find ways to fly anyway.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-06-12 at 02:03 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Pixie in the Playground

R 625
    Mind Flayer + Lich = Alhoon
    Dragon + Mind Flayer = Brain Stealer Dragon
    Dragon + Lich = Dracolich

So... any ideas as to an undead brain stealer dragon?

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    R 625
    Mind Flayer + Lich = Alhoon
    Dragon + Mind Flayer = Brain Stealer Dragon
    Dragon + Lich = Dracolich

So... any ideas as to an undead brain stealer dragon?
    Brain Stealer Dracolich.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Bugbear in the Playground

R 626:

I want a few spells , for arcane casters only. What kind of spells? I desire low-level undead animation spells for the wiz/sorc list that allow wizards(and sorcerers and perhaps even Dread Necros if you feel safe making it for them too.) to be on par with clerics at lower levels as far as animation of undead/minionmancy goes(So at least one of them must be able to animate more then just one minion). In addition to low-level animation I would like some low-level spells that can grant the similar(but NOT inferior) benefits to desecrate, without being an exact copy of it. I'd also like spells, both low and high level, that allow a wizard(or sorc(or even DN)) to increase the HD of undead they can control and/or animate.

So, anybody willing to make Arcane Minonmancy for the Non-DN feesable with some new spells?
    Last edited by Maho-Tsukai; 2011-06-12 at 07:20 PM.
    Awesome evil Necro-Cleric Avatar created by Ceika

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 3 Lawful Evil Half-Elf Cleric with the following ability scores...

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

To find out your D&D self take this quiz today!

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

R 627

I've had this idea for a while, but never been quite sure how to implement it. I'm wanting to make a Tarot (or perhaps Harrow) Mystery for the Pathfinder Oracle class.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

R 628

I'd like some Bolt-action fire-arms that provide clear and obvious advantages over Bows, Crossbows, etc. and remain cheap. Making a WW1 era game, and 500 for a mass produced rifle makes no sense.

8. - Top - End - #1268

Taking back request R 626 due to how much time to make all those spells/the request being to big and instead asking for...

R 629-

An Vairent class(like Cloistered Cleric, Paladin of Freedom/Tyranny/Slaughter ect..) for the wizard(or perhaps sorc) that makes them an undead animator/necromantic minionmancer on par with a cleric.
    Last edited by Maho-Tsukai; 2011-06-14 at 11:13 AM.
    Awesome evil Necro-Cleric Avatar created by Ceika

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 3 Lawful Evil Half-Elf Cleric with the following ability scores...

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

To find out your D&D self take this quiz today!

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ettin in the Playground

R630

Could some create a Living Vampire template (ala Michael Morbius and Victor Slaughter from Marvel comics)?

I already looked for one but all I found was one that wasn't very well done and another that was obviously an epic template.

I'm looking for it to be less magicky (shapeshifting, turning to mist, mind control, calling beasts, etc) and more towards upping the durability of the afflicted.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

R631

A replacement Warlock Invocation list to mimic Enchantment, with a little Illusion, the way the original Warlock Invocation list was Evocation, with a bit of various utility stuff.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Banned

RedWizardGuy

H626

Corpse Hand
    Necromancy
    Level: Sor/Wiz 1
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 full round action
    Range: Touch
    Effect: Animates dead hand into undead servant
    Duration: Permanent(D)
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

This spell animates a dead hand, turning it into an undead servant. The hand has 1d2 hit points and is incapable of attacking a creature for damage. The hand can appear skeletal or with flesh, depending on the condition of the hand when it was animated; this has no effect on the performance of its tasks. It can walk on its fingers at a speed of 5, and while stationary, it can manipulate objects with a fair amount of dexterity(also 5). When holding a pen, it can take dictations from its creator (and only its creator), and can turn pages of books, hold items, etc.

The hand remains animated until dispelled or until the spell is cancelled by the caster. The material component is one gold coin, which is consumed by the spell. A single caster can have as many corpse hands animated as they do levels of experience at any one time.

Create Tomb Mote
    Necromancy
    Level: Clr 2, Sor/Wiz 2, Dread Necromancer 2
    Components: V, S, M,
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft./2 levels)
    Effect: Creates one or more tome motes
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

With a collection of scraps from the tomb or crypt you now traverse, you create one tomb mote (Libris Mortis) per four caster levels. You must have a sufficient pile of tomb scraps to at least equal a tiny sized humanoid to form each tomb mote.

The tomb mote created by this spell is not under the casters control by use of this spell alone. But the caster does maintain a loose connection to the tomb motes he creates and gains a +4 bonus on any rolls made to command them.
    Material Component: A handful dust and bone from a tomb, a body part from any disease causing vermin(such as a rat) and a drop of blood all mixed together with special materials costing at total of 100 gold pieces.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

I know base classes are prohibited, but are prestige classes?

If not:
    R632:
    A prestige class that gives basic telepathy on an at-will or uses/(time) basis, instead of a Power Point or Spell Slot basis. This would include things like basic communication-grade telepathy (maybe scaling up in distaince, ability to communicate with a specific person instead of just everyone in the general area, or non-language-dependance), minor emotion-modification (some with a mechanical effect, some without), and a way of casuing Fear-scale effects and fascination. Basically, I want the above abilities made into a PrC. The weak ones like general-area telepathy and non-mechanical emotion change would probably be at-will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

C 628
    Generally these things are handled by allowing bullets to be touch attacks. Machine guns are area attacks allowing a reflex save. I believe the DMG has a couple examples to help you gauge the damage (but not the reload time since they're old guns), or D20 modern gets much more in depth.

H 629
    ACF, unholy necromancer: Lose familiar. Gain command undead as a cleric of equal level. Cast each necromancy spell at the cleric level if clerics can cast it EDIT: Add cleric necromancy spells to your spell list, using the lower of the two spell levels if a spell is on both the wizard/sorcerer and cleric list. The following spells are 1 level higher: all conjurations except those with the [cold] descriptor and except phantom/soul spells (phantom steed, mordenkain's faithful hound, trap the soul), all transmutations that don't buff friendlies without transforming them (polymorph / iron body / etc. are still 1 level higher, haste is not 1 level higher, pyrotechnics is 1 level higher) and all evocations except those with the [cold] descriptor. Optional alignment rule: any non-good (neutral ok).
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-07-14 at 06:26 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

R.633: I would request a reworking of the Fleshwarper prestige class, with more focus on outsiders or other types of creatures instead of aberrations. Thanks in advance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Bindrune courtesy of Starfols. Request yours here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Could you touch the sound you heard in the vision you saw from the flavor you tasted from a color?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    2 + 2 = fish
    50 gp = +2
    2 + (50 gp) = fish
    50 gp = fish – 2
    sickened = – 2
    50 gp = fish + sickened
    Sick fish are 50 gp

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maho-Tsukai View Post
    R 626:

I want a few spells , for arcane casters only. What kind of spells? I desire low-level undead animation spells for the wiz/sorc list that allow wizards(and sorcerers and perhaps even Dread Necros if you feel safe making it for them too.) to be on par with clerics at lower levels as far as animation of undead/minionmancy goes(So at least one of them must be able to animate more then just one minion). In addition to low-level animation I would like some low-level spells that can grant the similar(but NOT inferior) benefits to desecrate, without being an exact copy of it. I'd also like spells, both low and high level, that allow a wizard(or sorc(or even DN)) to increase the HD of undead they can control and/or animate.

So, anybody willing to make Arcane Minonmancy for the Non-DN feesable with some new spells?
    Q626
    Define "Low Levels"?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Firbolg in the Playground

R. 634
    A creature called Amber Bee. An outsider with vermin traits. It should be bee themed in its abilities. I would also like it to have Mending at will and the abilitity to phase through wood as an earth elemental phases through earth. CR should be mid levels.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 634

It would probably make more sense to stat it up as an Extraplanar Vermin since you can't have 2 Types, but Extraplanar is a Subtype. How big should an Amber Bee be?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Firbolg in the Playground

C 634
    I that makes more sense. I was thinking small for size.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 635

I would like an Ice Elemental, roughly equal in power to the Entombed from Frostburn. Large Size preferred, CR 10ish. This is to provide a less-evil version of the Winterhaunt presented in the same book. As such, it shouldn't be exploitable, but it should be reasonable as a level 9 summon.

I don't really have much fluff to go with it; it's a basic elemental, so there isn't much fluff to add.

20. - Top - End - #1280

C(?)-630
    "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    R630

Could some create a Living Vampire template (ala Michael Morbius and Victor Slaughter from Marvel comics)?

I already looked for one but all I found was one that wasn't very well done and another that was obviously an epic template.

I'm looking for it to be less magicky (shapeshifting, turning to mist, mind control, calling beasts, etc) and more towards upping the durability of the afflicted.
    "

You could try looking at my Fevirification, or my Essence Eater linked in my(extended) sig.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-07-06 at 02:18 AM.

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

R 636 Could someone please make the Geostigma disease from Advent Children into d20 stats please? Thank you.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

R 637

I'm looking for a Feat that would let me be able to expend a spell to regain uses of Turn Undead, based on the level of that spell. Anyone do anything like that before? If not, how would that look / be explained best mechanically?

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousD&Der View Post
    R 637

I'm looking for a Feat that would let me be able to expend a spell to regain uses of Turn Undead, based on the level of that spell. Anyone do anything like that before? If not, how would that look / be explained best mechanically?
    H637
    Design Principles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Should become progressively cheaper as you level up, but not TOO quickly since Turning/Rebuking stays useful for a little while before becoming useless.
    Should not be useable to fuel DMM since I hear that is cheesy.

Off the top of my head:
    Spell Conversion
    Benefits: As a free action you may lose a spell of your highest level in order to gain an addition use of Turn/Rebuke Undead for the day.
    Alternatively you may spend a full round action to lose a spell of a given level to produce additional turn/rebuke attempts for the day.
    In no case may turn/rebuke uses gained via this feat be used for anything except actually turning/rebuking undead.

This is VERY off the top of my head. I don't play clerics much, and it may require someone else to tweak/balance it.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2011-07-06 at 07:29 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    C(?)-630
    ""

You could try looking at my Fevirification, or my Essence Eater linked in my(extended) sig.
    The former confuses me and the latter lacks a CR adjustment and could possibly use a little polishing. Thanks for the suggestions though.

25. - Top - End - #1285

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    The former confuses me and the latter lacks a CR adjustment and could possibly use a little polishing. Thanks for the suggestions though.
    No one commented on the Eater, so I couldn't do much with it. But fix it up as you want, it should be kinda close to what you described.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Halfling in the Playground

Zombie

R 638

I'd like a prestige class based around eating the targets, piece by piece. He can siphon ability scores out of prey to weaken them before swallowing them whole, where they're drained of all their ability scores, then of their HP. Possibly gaining some benefit from the eaten scores and person, or taking on aspects of magical equipment he eats.

Maybe even swallowing active spells and enchantments from other people/things/areas to gain their benefit for himself.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    H637
    Design Principles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Should become progressively cheaper as you level up, but not TOO quickly since Turning/Rebuking stays useful for a little while before becoming useless.
    Should not be useable to fuel DMM since I hear that is cheesy.

Off the top of my head:
    Spell Conversion

Benefits: As a free action you may lose a spell of your highest level in order to gain an addition use of Turn/Rebuke Undead for the day.
    Alternatively you may spend a full round action to lose a spell of a given level to produce additional turn/rebuke attempts for the day.
    In no case may turn/rebuke uses gained via this feat be used for anything except actually turning/rebuking undead.

This is VERY off the top of my head. I don't play clerics much, and it may require someone else to tweak/balance it.
    637 C1

Losing a spell of your highest level? You couldn't choose to lose a lesser available spell? That's the only thing I don't readily understand from reading.

I'd say for my purposes that's not as big an issue for me as is that I would strictly be forced to use the additionally gained Turn Undead uses only for the sake of Turning Undead. I admitedly didn't provide a drop of backstory info for the feat, so it's my fault for not being a little more descriptive. The cost could probably be made greater if balance against using it for non Turn Undead things, but I actually intented to use it for emulating the highspeed combat by a certain big bad, via the Ruby Knight Vindicator's Divine Impetus ability (spend a Turn Undead use to regain a Swift Action) and the various abilities within the arsenal of a Sword Sage. I've actually never read on Divine Metamagic before, so I can't say I'll be using it for that, though.

This feat is probably useable as is for storyline purposes, definitely, but is their any chance that the wording for what the additionally gained Turn Undead can be used for can be changed at all? The amount of energy regained can be decreased to balance it, or possibly another factor. Otherwise, thank you for your assistance.
    Last edited by AnonymousD&Der; 2011-07-06 at 11:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1288

Quote Originally Posted by Zerous View Post
    R 638

I'd like a prestige class based around eating the targets, piece by piece. He can siphon ability scores out of prey to weaken them before swallowing them whole, where they're drained of all their ability scores, then of their HP. Possibly gaining some benefit from the eaten scores and person, or taking on aspects of magical equipment he eats.

Maybe even swallowing active spells and enchantments from other people/things/areas to gain their benefit for himself.
    H 638 Try this.
    Last edited by Kellus; 2011-07-06 at 11:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousD&Der View Post
    637 C1

Losing a spell of your highest level? You couldn't choose to lose a lesser available spell? That's the only thing I don't readily understand from reading.

I'd say for my purposes that's not as big an issue for me as is that I would strictly be forced to use the additionally gained Turn Undead uses only for the sake of Turning Undead. I admitedly didn't provide a drop of backstory info for the feat, so it's my fault for not being a little more descriptive. The cost could probably be made greater if balance against using it for non Turn Undead things, but I actually intented to use it for emulating the highspeed combat by a certain big bad, via the Ruby Knight Vindicator's Divine Impetus ability (spend a Turn Undead use to regain a Swift Action) and the various abilities within the arsenal of a Sword Sage. I've actually never read on Divine Metamagic before, so I can't say I'll be using it for that, though.

This feat is probably useable as is for storyline purposes, definitely, but is their any chance that the wording for what the additionally gained Turn Undead can be used for can be changed at all? The amount of energy regained can be decreased to balance it, or possibly another factor. Otherwise, thank you for your assistance.
    Shoot, let me cut out the middle-man then.

Ruby Knight Power
    Prerequisites: Ruby Knight Vindicator
    Benefit: Whenever you would otherwise spend a swift action or immediate action to initiate a maneuver (including entering a stance) you may instead expend a spell of equal or greater level to that maneuver to initiate it. The level of the maneuver may not exceed your level in Ruby Knight Vindicator. Using this feat requires no action, it is bound up in the (now free) action of activating the maneuver. You may use this feat even if it not your turn.

I still have no idea of the balance of this, but there you go.
    Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Shoot, let me cut out the middle-man then.

Ruby Knight Power
    Prerequisites: Ruby Knight Vindicator
    Benefit: Whenever you would otherwise spend a swift action or immediate action to initiate a maneuver (including entering a stance) you may instead expend a spell of equal or greater level to that maneuver to initiate it. The level of the maneuver may not exceed your level in Ruby Knight Vindicator. Using this feat requires no action, it is bound up in the (now free) action of activating the maneuver. You may use this feat even if it not your turn.

I still have no idea of the balance of this, but there you go.
    You're probably going to be upset with me, but I don't quite like this one. It's not that it isn't good, it is.

I'm just borderline retarded, and have trouble keeping up with the info for it. There are two points of ambiguity I notice, at least to someone as mentally braindead as me. What happens if your caster level isn't as high as the maneuver you wish to initiate? And if you haven't taken at least 9 of the 10 levels of Ruby Knight Vindicator (granted the awesome bonus is available upon the 7th level of it), would this feat be unable to apply to the missing levels of techniques gained?

I just -fully-, using -both- my -eyes- -and- my -brain- re-read and understood the previous feat. Except for the bit that notes that the regained Turn Undead must be used specifically for Turning Undead, it actually looks perfect. A Full Round Action chilling out gives me a mechanical reason to invoke Big Bad Gloating, as well as an actual reason that I've made myself susceptable to counter attack. Otherwise, I can use my best available spell to instantly empower myself if need be.

Is their any chance the line in the previous version can be reworded/removed? I'll be using this a lot to command my Undead Minions, but being able to avert "Cutscene Power To The Max" and initiating a Total Party Jaw Drop with 1 turn through some pretty darn cool combos would be... well, epic.

I'm sorry to keep bothering you, and I thank you for your assistance and homebrewing.