New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew

C 684:
    I'll get right on it. Any CR I should hit?
    If you want it playable, that would be low, right?

Edit: Also, is Aberration type OK? The only other types for... "clouds"... are Ooze + elemental (all three with Incorporeal).
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-10-09 at 08:49 PM.
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Barbarian in the Playground

R 685: A color mage. Uses the colors around him to do things, for instance he could paint a length of adamantine then use the color and it takes on the properties of that object. Could make golems or bolts of color that do different things based on what object it's taken from.
    Last edited by maximus25; 2011-10-09 at 10:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

H 684
    I'm unfamiliar with psionics, but if I never try, I'll never learn.
    Figured out how to do it without Incorporeal, sort of. I think.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cloudmind
    Large Aberration (Psionic)
    Hit Dice 1d8 (4 hp)
    Initiative -2
    Speed 0 ft (0 squares), 15 ft. Fly (perfect maneverability)
    Armor Class 7 (-1 size, -2 Dex), touch 7, flat footed 7
    Base Attack/Grapple +0/+4
    Attack -3 melee touch (1d1)
    Full Attack -3 melee touch (1d1)
    Space/Reach 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks Override Other
    Special Qualities Blind Sight, Mind Mists, Telepathy 30 ft., Transparent
    Saves Fort +0, ref -2, will +3
    Abilities Str -, Dex 6, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills Autohypnosis +5, Intimidate +3, diplomacy +3, move silently +2
    Feats Mindsight (B), Blind fight
    Environment Mountains
    Organization Solitary or Mob (1 , 2-4 other creatures)
    Challenge Rating 3
    Treasure none
    Alignment Any (Usually neutral)
    Advancement By class level
    level adjustment +3

Cloudminds do not speak, though they can speak telepathically, or through a dominated creature's vocal chords.

Combat
    A Cloudmind will usually hang back from combat, and let any creatures it has dominated do it's work.

Blindsight (Ex)
    A Cloudmind can ascertain creatures by nonvisual means within 60 feet.
    It also has Mindsight as a bonus feat. It is able to use this ability normally, even in the area it creates that grants concealment against mindsight.

Override Other (Su)
    A Cloudmind may use an action, to make a creature within it's Mind Mist area use an ability the Cloudmind knows, but doesn't have the ability to do (Such as cast a spell with a material component, or a martial maneuver), during the creature's next turn. It must use the same type of action (such as a standard or move action) as the creature would use to use the ability. The ability used uses the target creature's physical ability scores, and the Cloudmind's mental scores, if the ability uses any ability scores. The target creature may make a will save (DC depending Cloudmind's Wis, and on the action, see table) to resist the cloudmind's influence. If it succeeds on it's save, the cloudmind still uses it's action, but the target creature may still use it's action to do whatever it wants during it's next turn.
    {table]Action|DC
    Talk|15+Wis
    Other free actions|10+Wis
    Standard or Move actions|5+Wis[/table]
    To force a creature to use an ability, the cloudmind must have the ability, either through templates, levels in the appropriate class, the correct feat, or otherwise. It does not have to be able to use the ability itself, either due to not having any limbs to do it with, or similar, but if it lost access to the ability because it broke a code of conduct, or similar, it can't force others to use the ability.
    The target creature does not need to have access to the ability. The Cloudmind controls it, using it's own knowledge of the ability to direct the target creature.

Mind Mists (Su)
    The Cloudmind is composed of clouds and mist, and sends out tendrils and strands of the mist that it is composed of, that hamper vision. Creatures can move through it's space as if it did not occupy any. It cannot be grappled. Any creature in it's spaces, or within 10 feet of it, are granted Cover, and additionally granted Concealment against Mindsight, and similar effects.
    The Cloudmind has no limbs, and cannot carry any weapons, or objects, nor can it manipulate objects. It cannot wear armor, clothes, or anything similar. It cannot see, smell, or hear, and is immune to effects dependant on those.
    However, it can use a nearby creature's senses, and see, smell, or hear through them. If it has one or more creatures within the range of this ability, it loses it's immunities to these effects, and instead only has a +2 bonus to resist them.

Telepathy (Su)
    A Cloudmind can communicate telepathically with any creature within 30 feet that has an Intelligence score. The creature can respond to the Cloudmind if it wishes - no common language is needed.
    A Cloudmind can relay messages through it's telepathy. If one creature which the Cloudmind has spoken to through telepathy wishes, and is still in the Cloudmind's range, another creature within the cloudmind's range can hear (or rather, receives the thoughts that the message consists of) the message the first creature sent, and then reply.
    In this way, multiple creatures may communicate telepathically with eachother, as long as they remain within the Cloudmind's range. Because the cloudmind is relaying these messages, it can hear and intercept these messages. It may choose to not relay a message, but must make a Will Save equal to 10+the sender's charisma bonus to stop it from reaching the intended recipient.
    When the cloudmind is relaying messages this way, creatures communicating can instinctively tell the difference between the cloudmind's and eachother's thoughts, as if telling the difference between voices. However, a cloudmind must make a will save every round that it relays three or more messages, DC equal to 10+twice the number of messages, or the messages come through muddled, or otherwise miscommunicated.

Transparent (Ex)
    A Cloudmind is hard to identify, even under ideal conditions, and it takes a DC 15 spot check to notice one. Creatures who fail to notice a and walk into it suffer no ill effects (beyond any actions the might take the next round).

Cloudmind's as characters
    Cloudmind's have the follwing racial traits:

No strength score - Cloudmind's cannot manipulate objects
    -4 Dex, +4 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Cha
    Large size: -1 penalty to Armor class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty to hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of medium characters
    Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet
    A Cloudmind has no base land speed, but can fly at a speed of 15 feet, with perfect maneuverability
    Blindsight out to 60 feet
    Mindsight as a bonus feat
    Special Attacks (see above): Override Other
    Special Qualities (See above): Mind Mists, Telepathy, Transparent
    Automatic Languages: none. Bonus languages: Common, Orc, Auran.
    Favored Class: Psion
    The Cloudmind cannot use equipment or objects of any sort.
    Level Adjustment +3

Still need a good name, I have "<something>-cloud" as a placeholder until I can edit in a better one.
    LA +4 may be a bit harsh for such a race. It's for Dominate, though.
    I might drop it down to +2, if it's too weak.
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-10-13 at 06:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

C 684:

Well, I was thinking Cloudmind would be a good name.

It doesn't really need Dominate, it could just have "You say it (Su): As an immediate action, the cloudmind can try to speak through another creature. The target creature within 10 feet must make a Will save or say whatever it was that the Cloudmind is trying to make it say."

Add another ability that if a creature within 10 feet fails a Will save, the Cloudmind can sense whatever it senses for 24 hours.

Also, why does it have Blindsight instead of Mindsight? Mindsight is:
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Toolshop
    A creature that has this feat can detect and pinpoint beings that are not mindless (anything with an Intelligence score of 1 or higher) within range of its telepathy. This works much like blindsense--the creature knows what square each thinking being is in, but it does not see the being, and the being still has total concealment unless the creature can see it by some other means. The creature also perceives several observable characteristics about each being detected with mindsight, including the being's type and Intelligence score. The creature need not take any additional or special actions to gain this information; it is as obvious to mindsight as the being's race and clothing would be to eyesight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

H 682
    These look like fun. I'm going to do them 1 at a time because of time constraints, so check back later.

Grasshopper Ranger ACF
    Lose: Spellcasting.

Gain:
    Somersault (Ex)
    At level 4 the Grasshopper Ranger may use jump checks instead of tumble checks to move past foes. The DC is 16 to move past a medium creature or 24 to move over a medium creature (ceiling allowing) without provoking an attack of opportunity. Halve or double the DC for each size category below/above medium. Double the DC again if the ranger does not have at least a 10 foot running start. If the Grasshopper Ranger fails a check to jump over a creature by less than 5, then he completes the jump normally after the attack of opportunity. Otherwise his movement ends in the square before the creature. Unlike tumbling Somersault does not reduce speed.

Uncanny Jumper (Ex)
    At level 6 the Grasshoper Ranger gets a +10 enhancement bonus to his jump checks. This bonus increases to +20 at level 9 and to +30 (the maximum) at level 13.

Standing Jump (Ex)
    At level 8 the Grasshoper Ranger is always treated as having a running start for the purpose of jump checks, even if done from a stand still.

Reactive Jumper (Ex)
    At level 10 the Grasshopper Ranger gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC and a +1 bonus to reflex saves whenever his movement is unimpaired and he is not flat-footed.

Wall Jump (Ex)
    At level 12 a Grasshoper Ranger may make a climb check to grab a wall or other surface after a jump, without penalty, at the cost of 10 feet of movement. Furthermore he may jump horizontally off of that surface as if standing on a normal surface. Surfaces that do not provide support such as ropes that are not taut negate this ability. Jumping between two surfaces the height gained is equal to his jump check divided by 4. The relevant climb DCs are listed below for convenience (they are also in the climb skill description):
    {table]Climb DC|Example Surface
    10|A surface with ledges to hold on to and stand on, such as a very rough wall
    15|Any surface with adequate handholds and footholds (natural or artificial), such as a very rough natural rock surface or a tree
    20|An uneven surface with some narrow handholds and footholds, such as a typical wall in a dungeon or ruins.
    25|A rough surface, such as a natural rock wall or a brick wall.
    -|A perfectly smooth, flat, vertical surface cannot be climbed.
    +5|Surface is slippery.
    [/table]

Feather Step (Su)
    At level 14 the Grasshoper Ranger may land with perfect grace onto surfaces, as if weightless. He no longer leaves tracks (as if affected by Pass Without Trace), nor does he trigger traps that are dependent on weight, such as pressure plates or pit traps, though contact traps may still be triggered. He retains this ability even while initiating or landing a jump. Furthermore surfaces that could not ordinarily support his weight may do so, even water or thin branches, provided that he moves at least 20 feet each round. Since he glides on surfaces easily without sinking, many forms of difficult terrain do not affect him.

Skybound (Su)
    At level 16 the Grasshoper Ranger halves the normal DC for vertical jumps (including the height gained on his wall jumps). He may target objects or foes in melee normally after this movement, including special attacks such as charging. Furthermore he gains a +20 bonus to his speed whenever jumping unobstructed. Remember that speed increases also increase one's jump modifier.

Air Walk (SLA)
    At level 18 the Grasshoper Ranger may act as if under the effect of an Air Walk spell for up to 100 rounds per day, divided as he sees fit. Activating or deactivating this ability is a free action that may only be done on the Grasshopper Ranger's turn. If a Grasshopper Ranger loses consciousness then this ability ends. However the ability may end the Grasshopper Ranger falls slowly at 60 feet per round for 1d6 rounds, as with the spell.

Recommended magic items: boots of striding and springing (read the description carefully, it stacks), ring of jumping and/or climbing (ditto), boots of speed, slippers of spider climbing. A jump modifier is one of the easiest things to optimize.
    Other Notes: I made this intentionally ludicrous given how infrequently jumping is actually useful. Sommersault is the only generally useful ability, and it can be done better with a rogue dip. The abilities from level 12 and on may seem powerful, but if these aren't redundant with easily affordable magic items that you already have by that level, then you're doing something wrong.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-10-15 at 10:56 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

R686: I was looking over an old issue of Dragon and found a prestige class I would like to use (the fluff at least). Tiger Masks are servants of Rakshasa, required to only speak Infernal to their masters, who the Rakshasa scar heavily. The class from the magazine gives them claws and alter self late in the class, and is one of those "become a different type" classes. The only crunch ability really important is that they attract arrows and bolts towards themselves instead of their masters, and they have DR against arrows and bolts.

Now despite this being a PrC, I think it would work better in the form of a template. Can anyone whip up a template with the "arrow magnet" and DR abilities as the very least? Considering that the Rakshasa are no longer just vulnerable to blessed arrows, perhaps the ability to intercept attacks in general might b helpful?

Thanks in advance whoever
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    R 685: A color mage. Uses the colors around him to do things, for instance he could paint a length of adamantine then use the color and it takes on the properties of that object. Could make golems or bolts of color that do different things based on what object it's taken from.
    C. 685

Get yourself Marvelous Pigments and then paint things. Are you looking for a Prestige Class or new spells?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

R687. two epic discipline feats, based off of the Doll Judgementand army of one disciplines. hoping to use a combination in an upcoming epic game...
    Last edited by bobthe6th; 2011-10-11 at 12:20 PM.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

9. - Top - End - #1449

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 685

Get yourself Marvelous Pigments and then paint things. Are you looking for a Prestige Class or new spells?

Debby
    Prestige class.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    C 684:

Well, I was thinking Cloudmind would be a good name.

It doesn't really need Dominate, it could just have "You say it (Su): As an immediate action, the cloudmind can try to speak through another creature. The target creature within 10 feet must make a Will save or say whatever it was that the Cloudmind is trying to make it say."

Add another ability that if a creature within 10 feet fails a Will save, the Cloudmind can sense whatever it senses for 24 hours.

Also, why does it have Blindsight instead of Mindsight? Mindsight is:
    Dominate was to... You know, for some reason, I thought that without any way to do anything itself, it would need something like that.

Name changed, atleast. Blindsight not replaced, but "boosted" with Mindsight, which since you quoted a feat, it now gets as a bonus feat.

Dominate not replaced, while that would definitely lower the LA, it has little or no, uh, ability to do anything. I'll replace it, if I can figure out what to do instead. Maybe something like, "It may use an action, to make a creature within it's Mind Mist area use an ability the Cloudmind knows, but doesn't have the ability to do (Such as cast a spell with a somatic component, or a martial maneuver), during the creature's next turn. It must use the same type of action (such as a standard or move action) as the creature would use to use the ability. The ability used uses the target creature's physical ability scores, and the Cloudmind's mental scores, if the ability uses any ability scores. The target creature may make a will save (DC depending Cloudmind's Wis, and on the action, see table) to resist the cloudmind's influence. If it succeeds on it's save, the cloudmind still uses it's action, but the target creature may still use it's action to do whatever it wants during it's next turn."

And then I'd have a table. DC 15+wis for talking, DC 10+wis for other free actions, DC 5+wis for move and standard actions.
    What do you think? Better, or worse than Psionic Dominate 3/day?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Dominate was to... You know, for some reason, I thought that without any way to do anything itself, it would need something like that.

Name changed, atleast. Blindsight not replaced, but "boosted" with Mindsight, which since you quoted a feat, it now gets as a bonus feat.

Dominate not replaced, while that would definitely lower the LA, it has little or no, uh, ability to do anything. I'll replace it, if I can figure out what to do instead. Maybe something like, "It may use an action, to make a creature within it's Mind Mist area use an ability the Cloudmind knows, but doesn't have the ability to do (Such as cast a spell with a somatic component, or a martial maneuver), during the creature's next turn. It must use the same type of action (such as a standard or move action) as the creature would use to use the ability. The ability used uses the target creature's physical ability scores, and the Cloudmind's mental scores, if the ability uses any ability scores. The target creature may make a will save (DC depending Cloudmind's Wis, and on the action, see table) to resist the cloudmind's influence. If it succeeds on it's save, the cloudmind still uses it's action, but the target creature may still use it's action to do whatever it wants during it's next turn."

And then I'd have a table. DC 15+wis for talking, DC 10+wis for other free actions, DC 5+wis for move and standard actions.
    What do you think? Better, or worse than Psionic Dominate 3/day?
    Your alternative seems fine. Also, don't forget that:
    1: It can cast somatic-component spells. Not Material-component ones, though.
    2: It can still have a psionic class. That gives it plenty to do in combat.
    3: Under "Cloudminds as Characters", you have an unnecessary apostrophe, and your [size] tag is broken
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-10-11 at 04:15 PM.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Your alternative seems fine. Also, don't forget that:
    1: It can cast somatic-component spells. Not Material-component ones, though.
    2: It can still have a psionic class. That gives it plenty to do in combat.
    3: Under "Cloudminds as Characters", you have an unnecessary apostrophe, and your [size] tag is broken
    Switched Dominate with Override Other.
    1: alright.
    2: Right.
    3: fixed.

Also, lowered LA by 1. Since it can make it's enemies attack each other, almost every round if it wishes...

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

Switched Dominate with Override Other.
    1: alright.
    2: Right.
    3: fixed.

Also, lowered LA by 1. Since it can make it's enemies attack each other, almost every round if it wishes...
    Looks pretty good. Just one thing:
    Would the ability to set up a multi-mind network with Telepathy require LA changing? That is, to allow multiple creatures to all communicate with each other instead of just individual Cloudmind-and-1-creature communications?

If not, can you add it? You can probably phrase it better than me.

I'm considering making a Factotum with this, guiding just about anyone to do just about anything.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

H 682 (Elemental Paladin ACF)
    Misc: Choose an element at first level: fire, water (cold), air (electricity), or earth (force). You must be from the related plane, follow a deity with it in their portfolio, or otherwise bear some loose relation to it at the DMs discretion (e.g., water for amphibious race, air for flying race, earth for an animalistic race, etc.). Elemental paladins face looser restrictions and fall similar to the way a cleric falls. Elemental paladins face no special multiclassing restrictions.

Damage (but not healing) from all earth elemental paladin special abilities is halved. Energy damage from special abilities deals double damage to vulnerable foes rather than an extra 50%.

Gain:
    Elemental smite
    Your smite damage becomes typed as your energy type. The bonus to attack rolls does not apply against creatures immune to your energy type, but otherwise this ability works against any creature. This ability replaces smite evil.

Elemental Aura
    Similar to aura of good, except you give off a transmutation aura of appropriate strength when detected with a detect magic. This ability replaces aura of good.

Detect [Aquatic/Fast/Burrowing/Flying] Creatures
    You detect creatures that oppose your element, similar to detect evil. Fire Elemental Paladins detect aquatic creatures, Water Elemental paladins can detect creatures with a land speed of 50 feet or more, Air Elemental Paladins can detect burrowing creatures (earth does not block this, unlike other detects), and Earth Elemental Paladins can detect flying creatures. This ability also detects elementals of the opposing element, but it does not detect the natural mundane element. This ability replaces detect evil.

Lay on Hands
    Your Lay on Hands ability may be used to heal normally unless the target has a type or subtype diametrically opposed to your element. You may also use it to deal damage of your energy type against any target.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-10-13 at 05:44 PM.
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks pretty good. Just one thing:
    Would the ability to set up a multi-mind network with Telepathy require LA changing? That is, to allow multiple creatures to all communicate with each other instead of just individual Cloudmind-and-1-creature communications?

If not, can you add it? You can probably phrase it better than me.

I'm considering making a Factotum with this, guiding just about anyone to do just about anything.
    I added this.
    "A Cloudmind can relay messages through it's telepathy. If one creature which the Cloudmind has spoken to through telepathy wishes, and is still in the Cloudmind's range, another creature within the cloudmind's range can hear (or rather, receives the thoughts that the message consists of) the message the first creature sent, and then reply.
    In this way, multiple creatures may communicate telepathically with eachother, as long as they remain within the Cloudmind's range. Because the cloudmind is relaying these messages, it can hear and intercept these messages. It may choose to not relay a message, but must make a Will Save equal to 10+the sender's charisma bonus to stop it from reaching the intended recipient.
    When the cloudmind is relaying messages this way, creatures communicating can instinctively tell the difference between the cloudmind's and eachother's thoughts, as if telling the difference between voices. However, a cloudmind must make a will save every round that it relays three or more messages, DC equal to 10+twice the number of messages, or the messages come through muddled, or otherwise miscommunicated."

I do not think this warrants an increase of LA, or if it does, I think I may have already had the LA too high anyways, so that this "increase" doesn't affect anything.

C 682
    Thanks! those look good so far. Only concern is that the Elemental Paladin may be a bit weaker than the normal paladin, but that's a fairly OK thing. Flavor over Power. And it's countered by looser restrictions anyways.
    Oh, yeah, and it doesn't lose spell-casting, which was a requirement, but I guess that's pretty hard to do. Looks good, though.
    Grasshopper Ranger looks awesome, too. Jump, Jump, Jump, King me. Or, wait, wrong game, sorry. Jump, Jump, Jump, Full Attack.
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-10-13 at 07:10 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

I added this.
    "A Cloudmind can relay messages through it's telepathy. If one creature which the Cloudmind has spoken to through telepathy wishes, and is still in the Cloudmind's range, another creature within the cloudmind's range can hear (or rather, receives the thoughts that the message consists of) the message the first creature sent, and then reply.
    When the cloudmind is relaying messages this way, creatures communicating can instinctively tell the difference between the cloudmind's and eachother's thoughts, as if telling the difference between voices. However, a cloudmind must make a will save every round that it relays three or more messages, DC equal to 10+twice the number of messages, or the messages come through muddled, or otherwise miscommunicated."
    Seems great. Thanks!
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

C 682
    Thanks! those look good so far. Only concern is that the Elemental Paladin may be a bit weaker than the normal paladin, but that's a fairly OK thing. Flavor over Power. And it's countered by looser restrictions anyways.
    Oh, yeah, and it doesn't lose spell-casting, which was a requirement, but I guess that's pretty hard to do. Looks good, though.
    Grasshopper Ranger looks awesome, too. Jump, Jump, Jump, King me. Or, wait, wrong game, sorry. Jump, Jump, Jump, Full Attack.
    Ya I noticed the presence of paladin spellcasting after I was finished and kept kicking myself afterwards. Ya it would be hard to heal without it; since the existing spells are all buffs / healing / fix-it which is exactly what you need.

Here's a quick and dirty solution: Use paladin level x 1.5 instead of paladin level for smite and lay on hands. Double this again when healing your mount. Replace remove disease with lesser restoration 1/week, restoration 2/week, restoration 3/week, greater restoration 4/week, greater restoration 5/week. I'm kind of partial to just keeping the casting though. May also lead to monk/paladins shouting "Falcom Punch". Anyhoo...

Swordsinger Bard ACF
    Lose: spellcasting

Gain:
    Hit Die: d8

Saves: Good fort, good ref, poor will

(BAB is still medium)

Weapon and armor proficiencies: medium & heavy armor proficiency, light & heavy (but not tower) shield proficiency, martial weapon proficiency

Combat Singer
    A swordsinger bard may begin bardic music as a swift action rather than a standard action. Maintaining concentration is also a swift action and some songs continue to have a benefit even after concentration ceases, as normal. Thus it is often better to switch between multiple songs to gain multiple benefits as an encounter progresses.

Legendary Weapon Forger
    A swordsinger bard may use the craft magic arms and armor feat as if his caster level were equal to his bard level, and as if he had prepared all spells from any spell list of a level equal or lower to half his bard level minus 1. This ability does not grant the feat nor any actual spellcasting.

Instrumental Weapon (aka My Axe is an Axe aka Fluted Sword aka Obow...)
    A swordsinger bard may wield an instrument that is also a weapon, or that conceals a weapon. The weapon may be some part of the instrument, or it may pop out via a spring loaded mechanism. The total cost of such a weapon is twice the sum of the costs of the instrument and weapon. Masterwork costs are also doubled, but not any magical enhancements. Any mechanism is included in this cost.

It is a DC 15 search check to notice a concealed weapon provided that the instrument is seized and closely examined. Otherwise a concealed weapon is not externally visible via mundane means. The instrument itself may also be the weapon, after being reinforced, hardened, sharpened, or etc. and it is a DC 15 spot check or DC 10 search check (if held and closely examined) to notice such a reinforcement.

A swordsinger bard may simultaneously play and fight with this weapon. The instrument must be of reasonable size and shape to be able to contain or become the weapon. A swordsinger bard need not wield such a weapon; he may sing or speak poetics or so forth while wielding a more typical weapon.

Other Comments: With heavy armor and so-so HD the swordsinger bard no longer needs a good dex, so he can focus strength like other melee. Cha becomes a useful but minor stat, for better or for worse. A new song every round enables heavy musical stacking. Inspire courage + inspire greatness effectively gives him full BAB while also helping his allies, plus a simultaneous countersong isn't shabby either. The drawback is that he doesn't have bonus feats or rage or etc. It may seem like I'm getting lazier, and maybe I am, but there's not much you can do when competing full BAB classes also have few class features. PrCing out or grabbing feats for more/better songs to exploit Combat Singer might be something to consider in a build.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-10-15 at 10:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Chivalry View Post
    R686: I was looking over an old issue of Dragon and found a prestige class I would like to use (the fluff at least).
    C. 686

Which issue of Dragon Magazine is this?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

19. - Top - End - #1459

C 687
    This appears to be mainly a 3.5e homebrew thread, but can people request pathfinder content here?

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Titan in the Playground

It's been done at least, and I don't see why not. Not all potential responders will know much about PF though.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Ok, then I'd like to make a pathfinder request
    R 688
    I'd like a CR+0 version of this that could be appropriate for use by a player, if possible. Thanks.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

R 689:
    A prestige class that can use Handle Animal on sentients. Slow drain to target's INT and CHA optional.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

C 688
    For those who play 3.5, he wants an LA +0 version of the linked template, bearing in mind that PF is more lax on LA than 3.5 with its CR = LA rule (and CR is ower than LA in 3.5). For that matter many people who post here are equally lax on LA, so it shouldn't be too complicated to convert.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-10-15 at 08:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ettin in the Playground

R690: I want someone to make a PrC for my Librarian base class based off of this.

I'd do it myself, but I'm awful at PrCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 686

Which issue of Dragon Magazine is this?

Debby
    Issue 300, sealed section.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Bugbear in the Playground

R. 691

One or more names and fluff excerpts for a lesser or intermediate elven deity.

Alignment: NG
    Favored Weapon: Long Horizon (Saber -> FRCS pg. 97)
    Domains: Community, Elf, Good, Knowledge, Planning, Pride, Travel and Zeal
    Portfolio: achievement, academics, colleagues, discovery, exploration, learning, research, students, teachers

(8 is the most domains I found on an intermediate elven deity).
    Last edited by Andion Isurand; 2011-10-17 at 06:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

R. 692

A prestige class with few requirements that gives lots of different gaze attacks (and thematically similar effects that don't use the Gaze Attack mechanic, like a long-lasting cone AOE that must face in the direction of your last action). It should have several mind-affecting options (like Fascinate, Charm, Dominate), as well as other ones (like Flesh to Stone or a magic-suppressant). If possible, some sort of Flesh to Glass would be good, just for "seeing right through someone".
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

R. 693

I need a Prestige Class that is a balanced mix between martial and arcane and removes Arcane Spell Failure from the caster when using medium or lighter armor. I was looking at Eldritch Knight, but it didn't quite fit.

Knight of the Mind, elite guard force of the Enclave of the Mind (An arcane university of sorts and library). Equally versed in the martial and the arcane arts. I was thinking maybe some stuff that gives them a slight edge against other arcane casters?

Also need a Time Travel spell, but really just the reagents needed for it. Something that will span multiple sessions.

Edit: Derp. 3.5e, unless that is already assumed.
    Last edited by LarryBiscuit; 2011-10-17 at 08:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

C 693 Yes, 3.5 is assumed. Or, the default.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    R690: I want someone to make a PrC for my Librarian base class based off of this.

I'd do it myself, but I'm awful at PrCs.
    C 690 Cool webcomic. Is this that "Manga" I've been hearing about?

JK, I've heard enough about manga to know what it is (I think). Like, the fact that if that was manga, the panels would be in right-to-left order, right?

Once I finish reading it enough to understand your request, I'll give it a shot.

C 692 Ah... I'm really taking on a lot already (planning a Matrix WW, lots of homebrew that I'm already working on, a few PbPs, etc.), but that seems cool. I'm guess you don't want a "Servant of the Beholder" type PrC, but just want some cool sight-based abilities, but if you could supply a little more of the kind of flavor you want...?

That said, if I have time, I might give this a shot. I'm shooting myself in the foot, I know it... But I want to try.
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-10-17 at 09:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

C 692 Ah... I'm really taking on a lot already (planning a Matrix WW, lots of homebrew that I'm already working on, a few PbPs, etc.), but that seems cool. I'm guess you don't want a "Servant of the Beholder" type PrC, but just want some cool sight-based abilities, but if you could supply a little more of the kind of flavor you want...?

That said, if I have time, I might give this a shot. I'm shooting myself in the foot, I know it... But I want to try.
    Beholder-based doesn't really work because it's all ranged touch (read: spell lasers) that just happens to come from eyes. I was thinking of Gaze Attacks. The base rules for those are: Chance to trigger when within range (accidental eye contact), and the one with the gaze attack can force a save by glaring at someone. The cone-based idea I had would just be a limiter on that to reduce the power (as opposed to anyone nearby, it's directional). You could go with a chaos-and-raw-power flavor (magic is leaking out through the eyes), but I'm sure there's lots of other ways to do it.
    My Homebrew